Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I feel violated :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 07:08 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel violated :(

I was at a fair last night and I come back to my car and my radar detector is gone! I parked in a well lit area, and a CHURCH parking lot . Whoever it was was stupid (to my benefit) because there was more he coulda stolen had he looked for it... but im guessing it was just a stupid cowardly punk doing a "in and out" type of thing.

damn i wish ida been there.... this captain goes down with his ship!

I coulda sworn i had my doors locked... its a habit for me...

QUESTION: my auto lock wasnt turned on... but my secuirty alarm was set to 30 seconds... does the autolock need to be turned on before the alarm arms... i sad
Old 05-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
auto lock only functions if you unlock the doors with remote and don't open them in your set amount of time. You can see how it works in your driveway. Just lock the doors, then unlock the doors with the remote. Don't open any doors and watch, in 30 seconds, or whatever you have it set to the doors will relock.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Pro

Do you have an aftermarket alarm? If you don't then the factory will not arm if the doors are not locked. Also I think the "auto lock" Should be called "auto RElock"
Old 05-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

no not aftermarket... stock... and yeah, it probably is relock... so that wouldnt have helped, eh?
Old 05-26-2007, 09:54 AM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Auto lock is only engaged when you don't open the doors. Since you had gotten out of your car, it was disarmed. That's why you needed to use the FOB to relock it again.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by mn2trance
Auto lock is only engaged when you don't open the doors. Since you had gotten out of your car, it was disarmed. That's why you needed to use the FOB to relock it again.
grrr... dang dude that sucks - the one time i dont lock up, i get jacked

i work in customer service so ill never say that i dont make mistakes (everyone always blames someone else... try convincing an 82 year old that Google isn't the Internet or a type of computer...) but i have a habit, litterally an OCD inflicted habit that I lock it ... 2 or 3 times just to hear the beep... idk, maybe i was 16 feet away instead of 15 (the FOBS are very short range).

this sucks - $100... down the drain...

oh well... just means ill get my passport sooner than i woulda liked.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Happy Holidays!

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Was your radar detector in plain sight?
Old 05-26-2007, 10:34 AM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Yeah, I've made that mistake before thinking I've armed it just to realize that my car was unlocked since the night before. Good thing I was at home when that had happened rather than somewhere public.

I'm sure we are all a little (I say that mildly) OCD about our cars.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

yeah, it was on the windhield plugged in cuz im a newb... I grew up in Milwaukee, but for the last 4 years ive been living in the town that i live in now - out in the sticks... things like this dont happen lol...

the festival just happened to be in Milwaukee.... and i had let my gaurd down... usually i take it off the bracket and lay it under the seat or footwell... but this time, i figured no one would try... brightly lit parking lot, etc.

idk, hindsight is 20/20

and yeah, i have bad ocd when it comes to locking things up... growing up like that makes you conscious of your surroundings...
Old 05-26-2007, 10:59 AM
My Daily Driver

damn, that sucks. Was this at the SJV fair?
Old 05-26-2007, 11:00 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

nah the Dan Jansen... it was okay... kinda lame but decent music
Old 05-26-2007, 11:30 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fant0m_TL
grrr... dang dude that sucks - the one time i dont lock up, i get jacked

i work in customer service so ill never say that i dont make mistakes (everyone always blames someone else... try convincing an 82 year old that Google isn't the Internet or a type of computer...) but i have a habit, litterally an OCD inflicted habit that I lock it ... 2 or 3 times just to hear the beep... idk, maybe i was 16 feet away instead of 15 (the FOBS are very short range).

this sucks - $100... down the drain...

oh well... just means ill get my passport sooner than i woulda liked.
Fant0m whaddup you crazy mofo!! $100 down the drain? LOL! Man, if it cost $100 they did you a favor dawg! Hahaaha! (j/k )

Get that V1 now! One thing I like about the Passport, is that it comes in blue! Do they have a remote interface as well? If so, I may get that too!

About that habit of "locking", man, like Usher I got it bad! No joke! When I leave the house, I pat my pocket two or three times to make sure I have my key and stand there and actually think about it! That's some sick shit! Thanks MA!!! (she know I love her) LOL! I also do the keyfob thing twice so I can hear the beep EVEN if I am looking at the lights blink! I need a twelve, no WE need a 12-step program mangg!! No more lame concerts for you kid! You see who hangs out there now right? LOL!

Old 05-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

lol i knew I could count on you to cheer me up dark LOL

yeah, i really want the V1 but cash is limited until i get in my pad... shaggin palace... you know how we do LMAO

plus, i dont have the U KNOW WHATS to hardwire it myself.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:45 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by fant0m_TL
lol i knew I could count on you to cheer me up dark LOL

yeah, i really want the V1 but cash is limited until i get in my pad... shaggin palace... you know how we do LMAO

plus, i dont have the U KNOW WHATS to hardwire it myself.
Yeah, the spot has got to be tight! So when "they" walk in they ain't like "Damn! Aw hell no!"

You know they got a DIY on here right for that V1 install? Didn't look hard at all. I might try it too. The "paper" is the thing with me too tho! So many damn mods man, I gotta prioritize this shit so I ain't broke! LOL!
Old 05-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

you dont think they could have popped the locks do you? like th ole tennis ball trick to trigger the solenoid... i dontk now if thats real or not... i mean, when i walked up to it i unlocked it out of habit, but you would think if they did pop it, they woulda taken their time stealing stuff....
Old 05-26-2007, 12:12 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The radar detector basically makes you get more speeding ticket. Radar detector is the ticket collector.

Without the radar detector you get less ticket... or no ticket. So, I stopped using the Radar detector since 1999 and I only got 1 speeding ticket.

Whoever stole just your radar detector was trying to help you. He is doing you a favor so you don't get as many tickets...
Old 05-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

damm that really sucks.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Leaving the bracket on windshield says :" there is something here worth stealing"
Thieves just cruise parking lots looking for unset alarm lights, and may even scope out the lot- watching and listening as each car parks
They take whats quick and can be traded or sold easily, even if cheap radar detector
or lousy CDs or cellphone/headset etc.
More time in the car is more time for you or a friend or the Law to notice something afoot
and come kick their ,,,, except they usually carry weapons and guns- so ...
100 bucks- I agree, get a good one or just dont speed
I save 100s each year by going to track days and having full throttle fun there
On the street- I am in no hurry- or so it appears!
Old 05-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
Leaving the bracket on windshield says :" there is something here worth stealing"
Thieves just cruise parking lots looking for unset alarm lights, and may even scope out the lot- watching and listening as each car parks
They take whats quick and can be traded or sold easily, even if cheap radar detector
or lousy CDs or cellphone/headset etc.
More time in the car is more time for you or a friend or the Law to notice something afoot
and come kick their ,,,, except they usually carry weapons and guns- so ...
100 bucks- I agree, get a good one or just dont speed
I save 100s each year by going to track days and having full throttle fun there
On the street- I am in no hurry- or so it appears!
yeah i hear ya... in all honesty i didnt get it to speed, i got it to prevent myself from getting set up like i did last time i got pulled over... big time trap and i dont want that to happen again... i was going 70 in a 65 when it changed (behind construction markers) to 45. oh well... this just sucks because i take it personally... who do they think they are to get into MY car and steal MY stuff... i wish i woulda been there when they were doin it...

woulda been nice if the 400000 police that were there could have prevented this, but what can ya do...
Old 05-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1
Fant0m whaddup you crazy mofo!! $100 down the drain? LOL! Man, if it cost $100 they did you a favor dawg! Hahaaha! (j/k )

Get that V1 now! One thing I like about the Passport, is that it comes in blue! Do they have a remote interface as well? If so, I may get that too!

About that habit of "locking", man, like Usher I got it bad! No joke! When I leave the house, I pat my pocket two or three times to make sure I have my key and stand there and actually think about it! That's some sick shit! Thanks MA!!! (she know I love her) LOL! I also do the keyfob thing twice so I can hear the beep EVEN if I am looking at the lights blink! I need a twelve, no WE need a 12-step program mangg!! No more lame concerts for you kid! You see who hangs out there now right? LOL!

Hahah I guess I must have a problem too? I stand there and make it beep like 12984 times. It's mainly becuase I like the beep? Does that sound weird? ahahaha But I most def always always always make sure my car is locked. And I have this habit of cleaning up before I get out. Like how my dad likes to leave his wallet in the car, even though he should know better since he's a cop, and just anything there that could get my car broken into, and then I close the cup holder.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:13 PM
10th Gear

too easy to get in a TL...like i said before my friend can easily open the door of a TL with his EK CIVIC KEY
Old 05-27-2007, 01:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
There are several threads here about similar events.

Here's my story:

I parked my new TL at a club, in a well lit area right on the street in Tampa. I locked the doors and went inside.

When I got back in my car, I noticed something from the glove compartment on the center console. This wasn't good.

I had taken down my radar detector but left the suction cups on the windshield. There was not a scratch on the car- no damage- but they took my radar detector and my Sun Pass toll thingee. None of my DVD-As were missing and my valet key was in the center console. (Never again)

They were careful to put everything back the way it was and not mess anything up.

Since I posted my story the first time, many TL owners have come forward with a similar tale. Apparently, the unlock codes are a piece of cake for those who know about such things.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:07 AM
WDP Is Faster

haha..after someone stole my tennis racquets from my beater car, I have turned OCD x2. No matter which car i drive, when i park, I walk around the car making sure the doors are locked and touch the top of every window glass (4 windows), and make sure the trunk is closed lol. I guess in a good way, i learned from my mistake.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:13 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by Xpditor
There are several threads here about similar events.

Here's my story:

I parked my new TL at a club, in a well lit area right on the street in Tampa. I locked the doors and went inside.

When I got back in my car, I noticed something from the glove compartment on the center console. This wasn't good.

I had taken down my radar detector but left the suction cups on the windshield. There was not a scratch on the car- no damage- but they took my radar detector and my Sun Pass toll thingee. None of my DVD-As were missing and my valet key was in the center console. (Never again)

They were careful to put everything back the way it was and not mess anything up.

Since I posted my story the first time, many TL owners have come forward with a similar tale. Apparently, the unlock codes are a piece of cake for those who know about such things.
I have Lo-Jack on my car, so I am not concerned about it being stolen. But I do know that most people break in for what they see in the car that they can take. I am very conscientous about what I leave in the car, and on any given day, you will probably not find anything of value in my car.

But you alluded to people knowing the "codes". Are you speaking of people that walk around with devices that capture your unlock code from your keyfob as you use it? I have heard mention of this type of theft in another thread.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1
I have Lo-Jack on my car, so I am not concerned about it being stolen. But I do know that most people break in for what they see in the car that they can take. I am very conscientious about what I leave in the car, and on any given day, you will probably not find anything of value in my car.

But you alluded to people knowing the "codes". Are you speaking of people that walk around with devices that capture your unlock code from your key fob as you use it? I have heard mention of this type of theft in another thread.
Precisely. I don't have time to search for it right now, but someone told the story about some Asian college kids coming on to a closed dealership lot while he was looking at their inventory. They had a hand-held thingee and they were popping the locks on about half the Acuras on the lot. They didn't enter them; they just opened the locks, laughed, and left.

I was thinking that, in my case, I might have unlocked my doors when I put the keys in my pocket as I had jeans on. But, if no door is opened, the car will relock after 60 seconds. It's a mystery.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:16 AM
Uses turn signals in my

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Xpditor
Precisely. I don't have time to search for it right now, but someone told the story about some Asian college kids coming on to a closed dealership lot while he was looking at their inventory. They had a hand-held thingee and they were popping the locks on about half the Acuras on the lot. They didn't enter them; they just opened the locks, laughed, and left.

I was thinking that, in my case, I might have unlocked my doors when I put the keys in my pocket as I had jeans on. But, if no door is opened, the car will relock after 60 seconds. It's a mystery.
That doesn't sound good. I hope this is not possible with the 2nd gen cl, but it probably is. I don't keep anything worth jack in my car, but just the idea that someone can open it bugs me out. Atleast my gym is full of windows facing the parking lot.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

i would like 10 minutes with any guy who does that.... just 10... ill straitin him up real quick.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Pro

I don't know if it's becasue I am smart or lucky but I have been parking in center city Philly for about 8 years now and I have never had a break in. I don't leave anything visible, I mean anything. I won't even leave a bottle of water in the cup holder. What may be junk or trash to you may not be trash to some of these low lifes.