3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I blew this guy's doors off his 'vette...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 11:04 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I blew this guy's doors off his 'vette...

Well really it wasn't a guy, it was an old lady. And it wasn't a corvette, it was a chevette. But that's besides the point. We were sitting at the light next to each other, and I gave her "the look". Except that she couldn't see me because she was either really short or fiddling with the radio, or both.

When the light turned green the race wasn't even close. It's like she wasn't even trying, in fact she took an immediate right turn onto a sidestreet.

Man, I kicked her butt. I rock, and now you must admire me for my accomplishments...

-----------------

OK, so by this point hopefully you have the idea. These threads are stupid, and the street racing "at 80 to 120mph" are either lies to show the size of your e-peen, or you must really have limited brainpower and a distinct lack of understanding of the value of human life. You want to race, go to a track. Because it's only a matter of time before you kill someone, and if that's the case I hope it's only you.

"I'm always careful" doesn't cut it. "I'm a great driver" doesn't cut it. There are only a handful of people who don't honestly believe they aren't a great driver, and most people think they are the best driver they know.

Come on people, there are plenty of accidents between drivers going normal speeds. Racing not only raises that risk, it also raises the seriousness of the accident when it does happen. It's dangerous, it's illegal, and often it's deadly. Grow a clue.

/rant off

*cheers*
Old 04-22-2005, 11:08 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I agree with almost everything that you said, but just curious about one thing...

Do you ever accelerate hard in your car or maybe speed a little or have you ever took off really fast at a light thinking that the guy/girl next to you wants to race you?

Just curious...i'm not hating here so don't get me wrong lol...
Old 04-22-2005, 11:14 AM
Instructor

Of course I do. Who wouldn't with a car like the TL. But accelerating at a light and running hard up to the speed limit is different than racing at 100+ on the highway.

BTW - Don't take me too seriously, I'm bored at work and threw this rant up specifically looking for a flame war.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by EpiK
Of course I do. Who wouldn't with a car like the TL. But accelerating at a light and running hard up to the speed limit is different than racing at 100+ on the highway.

BTW - Don't take me too seriously, I'm bored at work and threw this rant up specifically looking for a flame war.
and you will get one!
Old 04-22-2005, 11:18 AM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a bad choice of topic for a flame war. 90% of us will agree with you fully, and the remaining 10% are the pinheads who post about their street racing exploits.

I enjoy strong acceleration as much as the typical guy, hence the '69 Dodge Dart 340, TL, and six cylinder Solara, but there are limits to what I'll do on the street. I'd like to think that the fools who street race will get what they deserve, but they're likely to hurt innocent people in the process.

Regards,
Old 04-22-2005, 11:19 AM
Team Nighthawk Director

I think the post in the beginning was real funny LOL!!!
Old 04-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by leeherman
It's a bad choice of topic for a flame war. 90% of us will agree with you fully, and the remaining 10% are the pinheads who post about their street racing exploits.
Yea, but it's the pinheads that are the fun ones to pick on in a flamewar.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:01 PM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

Yea, but it's the pinheads that are the fun ones to pick on in a flamewar.
True!

Old 04-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Dr. Feelgood

Dude, I was gonna congratulate you on your victory too!!! Some grannies out there have lead feet you know. I would have laughed if you were really racing her and she kicked your tail. lol
Old 04-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Banned

if you want to race to go a track

agree. That's why when I roll out my people back off and I only race it on RACE TRACKS When I'm in my TL, i chill even though it's modded
Racing at a light and winning that race proves absolutely nothing. The driver who lost is not going to give you money or a thumb up. You don't even know them haha
Old 04-22-2005, 12:28 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Originally Posted by traidsganster
agree. That's why when I roll out my [Mustang] people back off and I only race it on RACE TRACKS When I'm in my TL, i chill even though it's modded
Racing at a light and winning that race proves absolutely nothing. The driver who lost is not going to give you money or a thumb up. You don't even know them haha
Umm...You missed your driveway.

I agree about the winning at the light and EpiK's opening story is hilarious.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Racing is stupid, yes. But fast takeoffs from one light to another? A lot of the time you can stay within the speed limit while doing that. What about the off chance that you are on one of those desert highways where you can see 100 miles ahead? Some people will choose to race despite the dangers, so if they are honest, why not let them post? Even though I do not I find those alaborate racing stories interesting.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:03 PM
Pro

Well really it wasn't a guy, it was an old lady. And it wasn't a corvette, it was a chevette. But that's besides the point. We were sitting at the light next to each other, and I gave her "the look". Except that she couldn't see me because she was either really short or fiddling with the radio, or both.

When the light turned green the race wasn't even close. It's like she wasn't even trying, in fact she took an immediate right turn onto a sidestreet.

Man, I kicked her butt. I rock, and now you must admire me for my accomplishments...

-----------------

OK, so by this point hopefully you have the idea. These threads are stupid, and the street racing "at 80 to 120mph" are either lies to show the size of your e-peen, or you must really have limited brainpower and a distinct lack of understanding of the value of human life. You want to race, go to a track. Because it's only a matter of time before you kill someone, and if that's the case I hope it's only you.

"I'm always careful" doesn't cut it. "I'm a great driver" doesn't cut it. There are only a handful of people who don't honestly believe they aren't a great driver, and most people think they are the best driver they know.

Come on people, there are plenty of accidents between drivers going normal speeds. Racing not only raises that risk, it also raises the seriousness of the accident when it does happen. It's dangerous, it's illegal, and often it's deadly. Grow a clue.

/rant off

*cheers*
This thread is stupid too, reverend. Even accelerating up to the speed limit aggressively (as admitted in your later post) could be considered unsafe driving, and is illegal.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Well it depends how hard you are accelerating for it to be considered reckless endangerment. If you burn out for 10 seconds prior to moving, then ya, you got a problem. But if you dont spin the wheels that much you should be O.K. Contrary to popular belief you can have fun with your car legally and safely, just not as much fun as you may want to.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:45 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by crazymjb
Well it depends how hard you are accelerating for it to be considered reckless endangerment. If you burn out for 10 seconds prior to moving, then ya, you got a problem. But if you dont spin the wheels that much you should be O.K. Contrary to popular belief you can have fun with your car legally and safely, just not as much fun as you may want to.
When I was half my current age they wrote you tickets for "Exhibition of Speed". Next step up was "Reckless Driving".... I'm sure each state has their own ticket "title" etc. Either way, both were no good on the wallet, nor on the safety of those around you.
I tend not to preach and or point the finger regarding this topic though because I was guilty as anyone during my "cruising" days. I just thank God that I am alive today not to mention didn't kill any body while having my "fun"..

Keep it safe for all folks
Old 04-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Suzuka Master

I would honestly never put anyone(well, unless I really didn't like them) in danger. In fact, I actually told my mother to slow down when we were following a Hog the other day, we were going the speed limit, but if something quick had happened, they would be done.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:03 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
What's wrong with toying with a 360 modena on I-440?
Old 04-22-2005, 10:25 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
lol...not to be the youngster here...but im putting epiks opening as my away message
Old 04-23-2005, 08:33 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
lol...not to be the youngster here...but im putting epiks opening as my away message
Now I feel like the board noob. What's an "away message" here?
Old 04-23-2005, 10:02 AM
I slow down for COPS

Originally Posted by bluenoise
Umm...You missed your driveway.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:16 AM
Instructor

Gentlemen, this is a sore subject with me right now. My wife's sister and her daughter were t-boned two days ago by an individual who was street racing another individual. They were both hurt and are in the hospital. Their car was totalled. The guy ran a red light and hit her in the drivers door and he is also hurt. The car he was driving was not his an it is totalled as well. He will be going to jail as soon as he is out of the hospital.The other guy left the scene and was arrested and he is in jail.
You tell me if it is worth it.

So Epik, good post and good point.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:50 AM
Racer

Good post.

Too many people are getting hurt cause of wreckless driving. Over the weekend one of the guys from my highschool decided to have a little fun with his car and he's now in the hospital with a broken back. It'll be a miracle if he ever walks again. He's 17...
Old 04-23-2005, 10:55 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
What's wrong with toying with a 360 modena on I-440?
I think you have it backwards: a 360 Modena would be toying with you, much as a cat would be toying with a mouse
Old 04-23-2005, 12:12 PM
Suzuka Master

He meant away message for AIM(aol instant messanger or American Online Instant Messanger). You put up an away message so when someone messages you and you arent there it automatically responds. Its not for this board.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Racer

When I was 17 years old, I got pulled over by the cops for "drag racing". I was at a stop light and stepped on it when the light turned green to beat the car next to me (ok, it was a Mustang GT). Theere were actually two cops and they got us both. I later found out that in Illinois, the law defines drag racing as "one car trying to beat out another". It doesn't mean it is a fair or realistic race and doesn't require you to light up the tires off the line. If in your TL you step off the light smartly and the Chrysler Minivan next to you floors it off the line to get ahead of you, you both could be ticketed for drag racing.

I am sure the laws in most states are pretty vague and liberal so they can ticket you if you playing any sort of games that a cop doesn't like.

I also agree that it is pure insanity to be flying down local roads at 20-50+ mph over the speed limit. Your stopping distances are drastically increased on it is always an innocent bystander that gets hurt in the end!