Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much did you pay for your TL?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 10:38 AM
MBI
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation how much did you pay for your TL?

I about to make a deal with my dealer for a 05 NBP/Ebony NAV 5-speed. for $34,365. Is that a good price? How much did you guys pay for yours? Im trying to get the best deal possible as most of us do.
Thanks
Old 02-16-2005, 10:45 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Please SEARCH! This is becoming a redundant question. It is asked 2-5 times a week. There are several threads on this.

k thanks!
Old 02-16-2005, 10:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
check this thread
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102604
Old 02-16-2005, 11:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
instead of telling the guy to search, help him out a little. I'm a mod on another site and we don't do this crap, we actually help people instead of telling them to just go search

way too much, i paid 32,600 for a ABP Auto With Navi last week
Old 02-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Team Nighthawk Member

Originally Posted by rbf351
instead of telling the guy to search, help him out a little. I'm a mod on another site and we don't do this crap, we actually help people instead of telling them to just go search

wow nice price where did you get your tl.. im in the ny nj area and looking for one also... can you let me know where you went and who you dealt with... and was this a 04 or 05?
Old 02-16-2005, 11:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by I10O0I1
wow nice price where did you get your tl.. im in the ny nj area and looking for one also... can you let me know where you went and who you dealt with... and was this a 04 or 05?
sent you a PM, but it was Ryan's Open Road Acura, and the guy's name is Mark and i got an 05 TL with Navi
Old 02-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Intermediate

I paid 34,600...tax, title and out the door....although I have yet to get the car. Salesman said it is to be built any day now....hmmmmmm...and he doesn't know which day???? Mine will be ABP/Camel w/navi.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:51 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Originally Posted by rbf351

He posted 3 threads all that could have been answered by searching. I search every forum I am on for answers before posting a question that would result in numberous results. Plus why should I do his work for him. Sometimes I am nice enough and willing to help people out. Not today dunno why I think it was the second troll in less than a week that did it to me. I was nice about telling him to search in another thread yet instead of searching he just posts away.

You can tell the people that can't do anything for themselves or want others to do their work for them. It is gets old.

Also why not just go back a couple of pages I am sure this same question is in there somewhere.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:44 PM
MBI
Intermediate

Thanks a million rbf351.
Sadly to say, this is not the best forum. I been a member for few hours and Im not satified at all. I noticed that most people will not help me out, they will just answer the questing by SEARCH. Some of us dont have the time to seach for somethnig that can be answered in two minutes. Thats why we have forums to help eachother out, I guess I was wrong. Anyways, I wish I stayed with my Subary. Subaru drivers are more helpful, thats for sure.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Searching takes less than a minute
Old 02-16-2005, 01:03 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Originally Posted by MBI
Thanks a million rbf351.
Sadly to say, this is not the best forum. I been a member for few hours and Im not satified at all. I noticed that most people will not help me out, they will just answer the questing by SEARCH. Some of us dont have the time to seach for somethnig that can be answered in two minutes. Thats why we have forums to help eachother out, I guess I was wrong. Anyways, I wish I stayed with my Subary. Subaru drivers are more helpful, thats for sure.

Hahaha! It takes less than 2 mins. to search and read a thread to see if the answer you are looking for is in there. I use to own a Subaru and have been a member on Nasioc.com since they started and I am still active (hourly visits). '00 RS and '02 WRX stage 4+

Just because someone tells you to search doesn't make the forum bad. When you search you get answers faster and you don't fill the database with a useless thread. You can bring old threads back to life too.

If you think we are bad here you obviously have never been to Honda-tech nor have you been a very active member at Nasioc.

You are just mad/bitter because I didn't feel like giving you an answer you could have easily found on your own.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MBI
Thanks a million rbf351.
Sadly to say, this is not the best forum. I been a member for few hours and Im not satified at all. I noticed that most people will not help me out, they will just answer the questing by SEARCH. Some of us dont have the time to seach for somethnig that can be answered in two minutes.
Trust me, for people to post the information you're wanting and to have it be in your purchase region, it could have taken quite a long time. It's true what other experienced posters are saying, the search function takes no time at all and you would have found thread after thread filled with the info you're looking for.

It just so happened that rbf was in your proximity and he answered fairly quick...

What's up with bashing this forum and the TL'ers?? With badittude like that, you're bound to get all sorts of love from any forum you're on.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:45 PM
Burning Brakes

"I wish I stayed with my Subary. Subaru drivers are more helpful, thats for sure."

If you haven't finalized the deal yet, you could still back out and go with another subaru. I know I would've. If I had found out how many cynical, sarcastic, mean-spirited, unhelpful jerks there were on this board before I bought my car, it would've been a deal-breaker. Driving a TL ain't worth the hassle of putting up with the members on this board.

Also I noticed that TL owners (and rich people in general) have an elitest attitude.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:58 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

lol if you like a tl so much just buy it and never come back to this forum... you wont be the only tl owner that owns one and isnt on the board... if i liked the tl so much but didnt like the people on the board i would have done the same... but if you were on previous forums i know they have told you to search once before... its a no brainer you shouldve searched... im not a tl owner yet but i own a tsx and i would put up with the members of this boards crap because its all worth it.... theres alot of helpful imformation that you will only find here... so do what you want too
Old 02-16-2005, 02:03 PM
2005 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi

$32,999
SSM/ 5AT/ Navi

Were not being jerks it just gets annoying to see the same threads over and over again....its OK your a Noob (new member).

Oh and Slinks....You would not have bought a car b/c someone was mean to you on this board ???? Come ON
Old 02-16-2005, 02:03 PM
MBI
Intermediate

Im buying the TL regardless. I dont buy cars based on the attitude that people have who own them. I love the car and I will buy it.

I was hoping that someone would give me an answer without me searching for it. Now I know that Im better of searching and avoid stupid answers or better of, not taking advice from cynical people.

TL owners are not rich, lets put it that way.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:19 PM
Newbie for Life

Originally Posted by MBI
Im buying the TL regardless. I dont buy cars based on the attitude that people have who own them. I love the car and I will buy it.
Want to get the best deal possible? My advice is get an "apples to apples" deal in your head and then cross shop multiple dealers within a certain radius of your locale. When I bought mine, I cross shopped dealers within 150 miles of Indianapolis and ended up buying my TL in Cincy. I gave them all the same car that I wanted and the same lease deal that I was after - then they gave me the best deal they could. Once I played a few off on one another, I finally worked it as low as it could go.

If you live on the East coast, what some guy pays on the West coast means absolutely nothing to you.

Good luck in your search and I hope you work a great deal!!
Old 02-16-2005, 02:21 PM
Burning Brakes

"Oh and Slinks....You would not have bought a car b/c someone was mean to you on this board ???? Come ON"

I was being sarcastic. Sorry wasn't sure which smiley fit the tone so I left it out...
Old 02-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Newbie for Life

Originally Posted by Slinks
"Oh and Slinks....You would not have bought a car b/c someone was mean to you on this board ???? Come ON"

I was being sarcastic. Sorry wasn't sure which smiley fit the tone so I left it out...
I caught the sarcasm....your post was DRIPPING with it.....
Old 02-16-2005, 02:25 PM
2005 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi

Oh OK.... apologize
see were not all jerks
Old 02-16-2005, 02:32 PM
2nd Gear

MBI and rbf351, what is your problem? I have been active on many different auto forums (t4r.com, fresh-alloy.com, yotatech.com, 300cforums.com, odyclub.com) and the suggestion to use the search function is very, very common. The advice is also practicle and will problably produce the fastest result. Besides, this thread is filling up with "helpful" responses as everyone would expect.

Maybe you can take your pampered ass back to subaru. From my observation, the members here have been very helpful. The forum is very active and filled with helpful threads and active participants. IMO, you have rushed to judgement.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:33 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Originally Posted by FugittiveTLS`03
Oh OK.... apologize
see were not all jerks

No just the ones that say "Search" are. haha
Old 02-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Wink

Welcome to the forum. MBI

Our forums are here to help and to assist all members or guests who may need the answers about this damn vehicle. The purpose of our forums is to serve members the platform where to shares information, knowledge, and experiences.

Sometimes you may get no replies at all, so definitely the SEARCH could help yourself and others. IMHO, you could ALWAYSE quickly check Stickies and use Ctrl + F to search Garage prior to posting your questions. We try our best to gather all useful and informative threads into Garage.

It's hard to find the balance between "tell you the answer" or "search by yourself". Some members don't like others saying "search" this type of wording/suggestion. Meanwhile, lots of veterans here dislike forums full of "RTFM" or "redundant" questions. If we're lucky to have you here for months, I bet you soon would start to hate those members asking questions without searching or reading the owner manual.

As for your question, you may get some ideas after checking this sticky thread.
Originally Posted by cTLgo
I'd never know if your price is ok. I have to search for you and get answers for you. Instead of doing so, I'd better to REPLY "search" and PROVIDE some links to you for references.

If you're the member in another forums for a long time, you would know better how forums run and survive over the Internet. We couldn't filter everyone's words or shut up their mouths. If you really hate them, please ignore them. Btw, there are a few Acura sites/forums over the Internet, you could check others and compare our forums with others. You may never get any replies if you post there.

We always like to help all members if we can.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:43 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Originally Posted by rets
Welcome to the forum. MBI

Our forums are here to help and to assist all members or guests who may need the answers about this damn vehicle. The purpose of our forums is to serve members the platform where to shares information, knowledge, and experiences.

Sometimes you may get no replies at all, so definitely the SEARCH could help yourself and others. IMHO, you could ALWAYSE quickly check Stickies and use Ctrl + F to search Garage prior to posting your questions. We try our best to gather all useful and informative threads into Garage.

It's hard to find the balance between "tell you the answer" or "search by yourself". Some members don't like others saying "search" this type of wording/suggestion. Meanwhile, lots of veterans here dislike forums full of "RTFM" or "redundant" questions. If we're lucky to have you here for months, I bet you soon would start to hate those members asking questions without searching or reading the owner manual.

As for your question, you may get some ideas after checking this sticky thread. I'd never know if your price is ok. I have to search for you and get answers for you. Instead of doing so, I'd better to REPLY "search" and PROVIDE some links to you for references.

If you're the member in another forums for a long time, you would know better how forums run and survive over the Internet. We couldn't filter everyone's words or shut up their mouths. If you really hate them, please ignore them. Btw, there are a few Acura sites/forums over the Internet, you could check others and compare our forums with others. You may never get any replies if you post there.

We always like to help all members if we can.
^^^^^^
Here Here! I couldn't have said that better myself.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
I with what rets said

The purpose of this forum is to help people, not drive them away. There are many people who don’t know how to search, some who search but don’t know what key words to enter, some who are too lazy to search, and some who just want to get either current opinions or get diverse reactions to their questions. And sometimes there is someone who really needs to be told to search, but that is not often.

Mu avatar says RTFM, but it is for illustration purposes only. I may sometimes say it, but only after explaining my reason for doing so and citing a reference to the manual, if necessary. The same rationale applies to saying “search”.

We haven’t had a thread like this for a long time, but we have had this thread before, several times, and always with the same results. People toned down their criticisms and went back to helping out the members, especially the noobs.

I for one hate a post that just says “search”. At least give a little explanation or instruction on how to search. The small search block in the upper right hand corner is easy to figure out when it opens, but some people don’t notice that one, and click on the search at the top, and that is an imposing array of information for a newcomer.

As has been said, if you don’t like the way someone posts, ignore it. We try to make this the informative, helpful forum. If you want to get down and dirty with people, go to Ramblings, where almost anything goes. You can see from the comments above that nothing turns a newcomer off more than seeing people arguing in a post that is supposed to be helpful.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Racer

324xx
Old 02-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Instructor

Acura is raising their prices up $200 (exept the RSX), and they are raising the prises for Honda's up $100 . Accordong to this thread it is due to a rise in cost of supplies, like steel, and currency exchange rate factors.

All in this thread:
America Honda Anounces Price Increase... including TL...
Old 02-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Make MyTL Great Again

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Open Road in EB

I went to Ryan's Open Road Acura in East Brunswick, NJ on Saturday (02/19/2005), and negotiated a deal for an 05 Navi TL Anthracite/Ebony. Price including destination is 33k flat. I'm also getting the "protection package" (splash guards, wheel locks, trunk tray) for 'free'. After taxes etc its 35,418. My salesman was Sam Weiner. I should be taking delivery in 1-3 weeks (not built yet).
Old 02-24-2005, 12:36 PM
Advanced

2005 DGP/Parchment--Auto w/NAVI, wheel locks, ash tray, lighter & mud flaps: $31,995.00 before tax & trade-in ($5500.00 for my '99 Beetle GLX). Total amount due after everything: $28,867.19. Picking up the car tomorrow!