How to improve a great car.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003 | 11:21 PM
Racer

How to improve a great car.

There should be more storage space in the cabin. Pouches in the front of all the seats by one's calves- this currently is wasted space. The center arm rest could be expanded- DVD-A's don't fit very well. The rear center console could have a storage compartment. The magazine holders on the back's of the front seats could be expanded. The glove compartment and the door's could have more space.

The trunk could have a more efficient system to hold things other than cargo nets.

The rear head rests should be further "downwardly adjustible" to move completely out of the way of the rear window. My previous car had an electronic switch on the dash to fully retract them.

More faux wood and less aluminum in the interior. Real wood instead of faux wood would be ideal.

I think the car is great, but I think any car can be improved.
Old 11-21-2003 | 11:54 PM
Racer

Boy, I think your stuff is trivial. Give me a 5ft tighter turning radius longer seat bottoms, the CLS had better steering feel and move the clutch engagement point up a little, oh, and 3 more gallons in the gas tank. I suppose that these are all driving things.
Old 11-22-2003 | 07:04 AM
Retired MOD

Re: How to improve a great car.

Originally posted by gregory28

More faux wood and less aluminum in the interior. Real wood instead of faux wood would be ideal.

I think the car is great, but I think any car can be improved.
That is why we are all difference. I hate wood and love aluminum and carbon fiber.....I'm glad they now give you a choice and don't have to see wood again.

Real wood is always better if you like wood of course.
Old 11-22-2003 | 07:15 AM
Drifting

Re: Re: How to improve a great car.

Originally posted by Bitium
That is why we are all difference. I hate wood and love aluminum and carbon fiber.....I'm glad they now give you a choice and don't have to see wood again.

Real wood is always better if you like wood of course.
I agree, and although I do not mind the wood look of my TL, the aluminum look is way better, especially with the black interior. However one of the main reasons I did not get the TLS, is that I hated that bowling ball trim. The new look IMHO, is great.
Old 11-22-2003 | 07:26 AM
BOOK EM

Ideally, they should offer wood trim as an option in all interiors. Partchment is nice, would prefer Carbon trim
Old 11-22-2003 | 07:52 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

As far as the interior goes, you should have a choice of carbon fiber or wood with ANY color. Any of the 4 interior colors should be available with ANY exterior color. There definitely needs to be more storage places throughout along with rear seats that fold down like my Accord's.

As for the turn signals, it's bad enough they couldn't get the side mirror situation off the ground like they obviously originally planned, but what I find to be really stupid on Acura's part is that the side marker lights on the front fenders only illuminate with the headlights. EVERY OTHER VEHICLE out there (Audis, VWs, Beamers, Saabs, etc.) that have these lights in that spot on the front fenders blink with the turn signals. In today's world of over crowded roads, SUV'S, and Minivans, having that additional signal could mean the difference whether or not other drivers know you're going to turn. Given that Acura had no trouble with the TSX's side view mirrors, what the heck was their problem here? Couldn't they have at least wired the fender lights accordingly in the interim?

Such an advanced audio system should be capable of playing MP3's. The Navi screen's focus could stand a little improvement as well.

In the words of Mr. Rodgers (R.I.P.), "Can you say, 2005"?
Old 11-22-2003 | 08:00 AM
Racer

Originally posted by DMZ
As for the turn signals, it's bad enough they couldn't get the side mirror situation off the ground like they obviously originally planned, but what I find to be really stupid on Acura's part is that the side marker lights on the front fenders only illuminate with the headlights.
Hmmm...I didn't know that about the turn signal. I think that can be easily modded to work the way you want.
Old 11-22-2003 | 08:44 AM
Retired MOD

Re: Re: Re: How to improve a great car.

Originally posted by BLEXV6
However one of the main reasons I did not get the TLS, is that I hated that bowling ball trim. The new look IMHO, is great.
Oh yeah that was horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2003 | 10:10 AM
Racer

partagas: those are good suggestions, too.
Old 11-22-2003 | 06:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by SlntSam
Hmmm...I didn't know that about the turn signal. I think that can be easily modded to work the way you want.
Using a turn signal on a California or Arizona freeway is a sure way to NOT be let it into the lane you want. Horribly attitudes on the roads out here.

As far as the fender/quarter panel lights working as turn signals, I totally agree that its ridiculous they don't blink. Although anyone driving an SUV is unlikely to see it anyway.
Old 11-22-2003 | 07:15 PM
Racer

ACURADDICT wrote
As far as the fender/quarter panel lights working as turn signals, I totally agree that its ridiculous they don't blink. Although anyone driving an SUV is unlikely to see it anyway.
I think the lack of mirror blinkers AND fender lights not blinking are probably related to each other and the fact that the early Monroney sp? Stickers listed mirror blinkers (see earlier posts). If Acura was planning on the mirror blinkers but was unable to deliver for some reason, they probably didn't want to do the fender light blinkers instead.

Bottom line, I would be surprised if we did not see mirror blinkers in 2005.

My personal preference right now would be for the fender blinkers, I think they look classy-cool while the mirror blinkers tend to look techy-cool.
Old 11-22-2003 | 09:35 PM
1st Gear

ANYONE THAT HAS AN 2004 TL...WHY ARE THE FOGLIGHTS IN THE HEADLIGHTS? DOESN'T THAT DEFEAT THE PURPOSE OF A FOGLIGHT?
Old 11-22-2003 | 09:56 PM
Racer

Foglights in the headlights: it's a better system. Shines just as good as my traditional fog lights in the lower extreme of the car. I used to bend the other types and the glass used to break on them.