3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do Acura dealers wash cars for delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do Acura dealers wash cars for delivery?

When the sales guy told me that they were detailing my car for me for delivery...I didn't even think of the fact that they have a f-ckin brush carwash!!!!! I went home and it hit me. So I called the service guy and he said that they hand washed it. Is he lying? Why would a dealership have such a horrible thing as a brush car wash?
Old 02-13-2006, 12:17 AM
www.seattlewhips.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TL2005Lover
When the sales guy told me that they were detailing my car for me for delivery...I didn't even think of the fact that they have a f-ckin brush carwash!!!!! I went home and it hit me. So I called the service guy and he said that they hand washed it. Is he lying? Why would a dealership have such a horrible thing as a brush car wash?

If they have a brush car wash.. that means that they wash their cars w/ it. Its all about time and volume for dealership if they are big. My dealership doesn't have a brush car wash, but they do have a car wash bay... and i've seen them wash the cars they service, and they use a big ole brush and a pressure washer. makes car washing fast. thats why, when they ask me if i want a car wash i usually say no and don't really ask them for one... i just ask for a vacuuming.

nobody dealership in this world will take care of your car like you would. they will not take the time and care like you will.

and when they wax or polish it, they will use a buffer to do it... which will leave swirl marks... when i had my NBP there were swirl marks for day 1.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:31 AM
Instructor

When I bought a new 2000 Durago (since sold, $%&# piece of sh|t!), I had to go back the next day for something, and my salesman told me he'd get it "detailed" for me as well. I went out to the lot after awhile and saw my salesman with his sleeves rolled up going over the Durango with a garden hose and rag - no soap. He saw me and told me the "detailers" had gone home already.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:48 AM
Team Anthracite Member

sandpaper and dirty water
Old 02-13-2006, 08:30 AM
Riu
2004 TL

I trust my dealerships car washers. Last time I was there all the guys who do the washing were all hopped up cause the service manager was letting them wash his brand new Benz CLS 55 AMG. He had just got it. (I was talking to him about it).
Old 02-13-2006, 08:39 AM
Instructor

I went to go get my oil changed a few weeks ago and saw one of the guys detailing a TL. It was parked under one of those open tents and he was detailing it with a rag, soap, and washed it with the hose then wiped it down with a rag.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:51 AM
Cruisin'

My dealership has a car wash bay also but they don't use a rinse bucket for their wash mitt so they're just dragging dirty water across the car. I had to have them buff out the scratches in the clearcoat on my RSX twice.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:52 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Acura dealership has a car wash unit in the back of the service area, so it's brushes.

Joe
Old 02-14-2006, 12:52 AM
www.seattlewhips.com

Originally Posted by Riu
I trust my dealerships car washers. Last time I was there all the guys who do the washing were all hopped up cause the service manager was letting them wash his brand new Benz CLS 55 AMG. He had just got it. (I was talking to him about it).

haha.. no offense Riu, but i was one of the car washers and my service manager asked me to wash his car... i'd probably do a pretty good job too.. otherwise my ass is grass.

if you mean 'car washers' as in brush washers.. then i'd just say the service manager is an idiot and obviously doesn't care what happens to his CLS 55 AMG.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:08 AM
Riu
2004 TL

well i know my car got top notch washing cause they had to wash mine while they wetre in the middle of his. I said to him that i had to go so he told the people to do mine and then go back to his. We stood there and watched while we talked about his new CLS 55
Old 02-14-2006, 09:17 AM
2006 Acura TL with nav

Open road Acura in Wayne NJ does a great job not only did they wash and wax my 03 TL when I picked it up new at the dealer any time I had more than an oil change done there they not only washed but they waxed my car no charge. sweet! on the other hand my 06 tl was purchased at DCH Acura in Montclair NJ and when I pickd it up it was just rinsed off and it still had sticky film on it from the plastic factory covering. go back a week later to pick up my plates and they say here you go and just hand them to me. I think a $35K they should walk out the foor and bolt that sh!t on for you. JMO
Old 02-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Safety Car

Mine was washed by hand and waxed.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:44 PM
www.seattlewhips.com

Originally Posted by Danoli
Open road Acura in Wayne NJ does a great job not only did they wash and wax my 03 TL when I picked it up new at the dealer any time I had more than an oil change done there they not only washed but they waxed my car no charge. sweet! on the other hand my 06 tl was purchased at DCH Acura in Montclair NJ and when I pickd it up it was just rinsed off and it still had sticky film on it from the plastic factory covering. go back a week later to pick up my plates and they say here you go and just hand them to me. I think a $35K they should walk out the foor and bolt that sh!t on for you. JMO

If your experience w/ them was good then more power to you...

I think the general point of this thread tho is (not at all too serious)... whats the quality and method of washing and in some cases waxing of our cars when we take them to the dealership.

If you've gotten ur car hand washed and hand waxed you should be happy.. but i bet ur dealership is A. not very busy B. they have an army of 50 car washers to do that considering all the cars they must was that have been serviced or are being delivered.

If your car was washed and waxed.. there is a good way to wash and wax a car and there is the hurry-up, no sweat way to do it. chances are they washed your car w/ a brush, and waxed it with a buffer. if they did it by hand, then see above, which is still good for you since your dealership does it. Most in the world don't and can't, mine included.

**NOTE*

I just had a friend of mine PM me and was surprised that there was a thread about this... haha... I think for the average driver, they could give a flying fack how the car is washed, as long as it looks clean. True. but im a little anal about it, b/c i've seen what happens to cars when the paint is not taken care of. Most of us probably won't have our cars long enough to see any paint issues even w/ neglect, but old habits die hard.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:18 PM
Advanced

thats one of the main reasons I went with the white TL. Black is a great colour or the dark blue, but no matter how hard you try you always get noticeable scratches and swirls from day to day use. Hard to detect much in white
Old 02-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Riu
2004 TL

i have black but my parents bought it. Silver was my pref or white but it was not for me at the time.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:10 PM
5th Gear

stupid dealership

I just bought my tl a little over 3 weeks ago. I got the Music Link installed and they offered a free car wash. I thought, why not since the car looked spic n span right after they washed it and gave it to me. I got the car back after the installation and it was covered with little scratches or swirls. So since then i've been dealing with them and a near by auto body shop. Hopefully it'll all be better by the end of this week.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Instructor

Just signed the deal on mine tonight and I had two items written right onto the bill of sale:

1. no dealer stickers what so ever

2. the car is to HAND washed as part of the PDI process

Dealer said they have no problem with that and do it that way anyway . Never hurts to ask though!
Old 02-15-2006, 12:19 AM
www.seattlewhips.com

Originally Posted by Boardman
Just signed the deal on mine tonight and I had two items written right onto the bill of sale:

1. no dealer stickers what so ever

2. the car is to HAND washed as part of the PDI process

Dealer said they have no problem with that and do it that way anyway . Never hurts to ask though!
not to further analyze the issue at hand, but what do you guys consider hand washing? i consider 'hand washing' the way i wash my car, which is with a non-abrasive mitt and a high quality detergent.

if you consider 'hand washing' anything but using a brush washer, like the kind you run the car through, then we got a difference of understanding here.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:47 AM
Instructor

I'm with you on the definition of hand washing. I actually asked that question of the GM I bought the car from and he took me to the service area and showed me the "wash kit" they use. It had a mitt in it as well as Meguiar's car wash [I thought it would be some Acura branded crap], and a real chamois. Don't know if that kit was for show or if it's what they really use but at least I know the right stuff is on the premsis lol!
Old 02-15-2006, 10:51 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
My wife works for a Honda/Acura dealership and although I know most of the people there I will NOT have my car washed by them. The detailers, in my opinion, are for the car owners who are too lazy or busy to clean their own vehicles. The Dealer Installed Swirl Option (D.I.S.O.) will never be part of my car care program.