Sponsored by:

Houston(err...Boston)...The eagle has landed

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 10:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Houston(err...Boston)...The eagle has landed

Dear Fellow TL Owners (and owners to be),

I am the proud new owner of a WDP/Quartz/NAVI/5AT TL . I picked her up today at 6PM from Acura of Boston. She was quite a pretty sight sitting there glissening (sp?) in the warm evening sun. It was quite the contrary just a few days back when she was covered with rail dust and rust water from the train and transporter ride. The dealer prepped her quite well. There was not a scatch to be found and I really checked. The doors were well aligned and there were no greasy paw prints anywhere inside or out.

Debbie Robertson, my salesperson, had her day off and could not deliver my car herself. She actually took the time to go to the dealer while taking her parents out to lunch to check on my car. Now that was unexpected :worship: ! I arrived 20 minutes early and signed more paperwork and handed over the bank check and was introduced the Randall who was their client satisfaction rep. He spent about and hour and a half explaining every last detail to me about the functionality and features. I was definitely happy with the process. He even gave me the coveted Acura pen and key chain that was no longer included with the deliver package. He said he would mail me a bottle of touch up paint since the parts dept had already closed.

The car is almost perfect. There is no tire vibration. The headliner well attached to the roof (keeping fingers crossed). There is no 1500 rpm drone. Well, I knew it could not have been that good. I have a rattle coming from the top faux carbon fiber door that houses the CD storage bin. It buzzes on acceleration and with road irregularities. It completely goes away once opened. That's it....I hope. I will let them know about it. Thank God it's not a rattle in the dash that I can't locate. I am sure a new cover or some felt will do the trick.

Now to my driving impressions. The car is quiet. It's like a vault. That will only make rattles so much more evident, unfortunately. The steering is just a tad lighter than I would like but it's nicely weighted and offers decent feedback. The brakes are perfect. They are not grabby and spongy like my GF's G35. They are firm, strong enough and easy to modulate. Acceleration is good and I don't mind that the torque is higher up in the range since it makes for smoother launches. Something much harder to do in the G. I'm coming from a 97 Camry V6 so this car is just a more quiet, more luxurious and powerful version of that. The ride is slightly firm but not as bouncy as my Camry (lowered with Eibach springs with Tokiko struts). It definitly has a nice European feel (ie. taut) to it with good old Japanese tuning for comfort. Body lean is a little more than I would have liked but that is the trade off for a smoother ride. Front seats are excellent and supportive. Back seats are good but could be a bit firmer to add more thigh and butt support.

As for the interior amenities, I will just say that I am more than impressed. Excellent ergonomics is the name of the game here. DVD-Audio is awe inspiring. XM is tons of fun although I wished that Acura provided for another 3 presets. 12 ain't enough. NAVI is awesome for it's functionality and usefulness in my line of work (home health care). The sound system is not bad at all. The subwoofer is really amazing. It really goes WAY down low. It's the real deal guys. Bose is all marketing. My GF will kill me if she head that. She loves the Bose in her G35.

Guys, this car is a technological tour de force. People who own a TL already knows and guys on the fence should really consider it. It's light years ahead of what you find in the market now and the styling, with or without aero stuff, will look clean and attractive for years to come. I will be busy for the whole weekend. I have to rewash with Dawn, clay, and rewax with NXT. Condition the leather with Lexol. Install BSM, wheel locks, full aero kit with spoiler. OK, gotta go read that telephone they call the owner's packet now. Happy motoring, guys and gals.

dsc888
Old 05-12-2004, 11:24 PM
O.G.

Congrats and we want pics!
Old 05-12-2004, 11:50 PM
Burning Brakes

You bet, man! I will be posting them hopefully this weekend along with my pre-delivery photos of my baby all mucked up with dirt and dust. I will be up late tonight reading the owner's manual and can't wait till I get the bodykit on.

dsc888
Old 05-12-2004, 11:55 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dsc888
.....not grabby and spongy like my GF.....
Please post pics of your grabby and spongy GF.

BJ

(Sarcasm implied. Congrats on the vehicle. Post pics anyway. Thanks.)
Old 05-12-2004, 11:58 PM
Team Anthracite Webmaster

one thing about the TL has over the g35: the techno gadgets impress the girls more than other things about cars do

(please take it lightly, i meant it as a joke)
Old 05-13-2004, 12:05 AM
Instructor

i wanted wdp if only it came in the ebony interior dammit
Old 05-13-2004, 12:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by boltjames
Please post pics of your grabby and spongy GF.

BJ

(Sarcasm implied. Congrats on the vehicle. Post pics anyway. Thanks.)
:devil: :devil: :devil: BJ...Hahaha. I knew someone would pickup on that. No, she's not grabby and spongy :toothless . Don't worry I'm catching on the sarcasm slowly. I will definitly get pics up ASAP. Plenty of prep work to do on my own time now that the weather is holding out nicely.

dsc888
Old 05-13-2004, 12:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by zeezz
one thing about the TL has over the g35: the techno gadgets impress the girls more than other things about cars do

(please take it lightly, i meant it as a joke)

zeezz,

I agree with you. The red, white and blue LED gauges that turn black when off really got my GF's attention when we were at the dealer for the first time. She desperately wants to drive my TL now and could care less about her G35. That's why I kept insisting today that a RWD car is better now that it's so nice out :devil: ! She doesn't seem to buy it though .

dsc888
Old 05-13-2004, 02:13 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Looks like you have checked all the possible defects and issues. Hope she will be perfect forever.

Congratulations. Enjoy your ride.