Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horsepower or Telematics??

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 11:19 AM
I've been Canonized ;)

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Horsepower or Telematics??

Which impresses your friends most with your TL? Today's AP article says "telematics". Might be right..I'll have to ask them.

Also, is owner of 2007 TL-S in article on here? Click here

Mods: move if necessary
Old 03-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice read. I'd have to say that most -- if not all -- of my passengers are more impressed with the TL's telematics than the actual driving. That's easy to understand, though: it's because they're not driving the car; they're checking out all the gadgets on the inside. Plus, I'm not trying to scare them by driving her pedal-to-the-metal.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,615 Likes on 2,194 Posts
Great article. Acura's tech goodies are better than many others' but those others are catching up.

Even so, my wife isn't that impressed with the tech stuff. To her, a car is just an appliance. *gasp*.

In any case, is the subject of the article a poster here? If so, delurk, you're famous!
Old 03-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Registered P.I.M.P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm all about the gadgets. I usually adopt them first and then the girlfriend starts to like them if they benefit her in any way. She likes the comfort of the ride.

Both of us don't really care about the HP in the ride because we never really push it. But it does impress us when it is there for us when we need it.

The main selling point for the acura was reliability, resale and comfort.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just read this article again yesterday, only it was in my local newspaper. What's funny about the online article compared to the one I read in the paper is that the online article left out a few things. One thing this guy (the owner of the TL) complains about is how his cell phone doesn't sync up correctly with the TL and that he can't use the bluetooth to make calls. He then goes on to say that it's Cingular's fault and that he'll be switching to Verizon soon to fix the problem. The funny thing is it's not Cingular's fault, and the dude either has an old phone or doesn't know WTF he's talking about. This wasn't intended to be a plug for Cingular, but dang. Sometimes people who write these articles just don't do the proper research! My Cingular phone works just fine. There were a couple other things in there, too, but that's all I remember off the top of my head.