3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP? seats/parts ripped off at Acura Dealer Service Center????

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 09:49 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HELP? seats/parts ripped off at Acura Dealer Service Center????

I love my 2006 White TL, nav, Parchment. It was purchased 7/2006. I recently brought in for oil change and check. The next day battery died. I brought it back and had touch-ups done to scrapes on bumper. Late in the day I received a call from service rep stating they needed to keep car overnight to let paint cure and buff it out next day. By this time I was getting a little suspicious due to experience with battery and getting this call so late in day (5pm). I left the car and went to pick it up next day a 4pm. Upon arrival rep showed me a 15 inch pen mark on my beautifiul driver seat appatently done by a mechanic or someone while car was there. I immediately thought the seat (driver's) and floor mats were not even mine. The seat appeared, worn, dirty, was discolored where rep had tried to remove pen mark. He assured me this was my wear and tear, but my gut told me otherwise. I NEVER remember mt seat being that worn (though hard too tell to anyone who doesn't know the car well). To me, it appears there are scratches, gouges, discolorations etc. that I have never seen before. It is hard to tell, they are subtle, BUT, I am very sure that this is not my seat (that it was swapped out for an older one) the floor mats are not mine, (now they appear more worn and filthy that I ever remember). I'm not sure what else might have been done to or pilfered from my vehicle, Obviously, all this is exptremely upsetting and I am looking for ways to proceed with manager of service department, possibly police and Acura Corp. IS THIS TYPE OF THINF COMMON? AM I CRAZY? I AM SURE THIS IS NOT MY SEAT AND I "SMELL A RAT" I think the service guys and/or the service "manager" is ripping people off. Any advice??? THANKS
Old 07-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,989 Likes on 1,412 Posts
sounds like some other customer complained with seat discoloration and they took your stuff out and put the old stuff from the other car into yours. Call acura client services and give them an earful.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 831 Likes on 679 Posts
Take a look at the bolts that hold the seat in place to see if they have been removed. I find it very strange that a dealer would exchange the seat and floor mats. It doesn't make sense.

Even if the seat is worn and the pen mark area still apparent, have them change the leather cover for a new one. Our RX7 Turbo we purchased new, and still have, the dealership needed to change the driver's side leather cover twice because of their mechanics. They also had to replace the front spoiler as they destroyed one when the mechanic drove into a driveway and broke the original.

Keep after them.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:10 PM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
Location of where this took place?
Old 07-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
yeah, if thats the case, why would they go out of their way to show you something they did, admnit it and expect you to demand a brand new replacement. They would lose twice in that case. take the new seat, inspect your car and stop going there.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:26 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Why would they do that? All speculative but....... Well, the brother of a short-term service tech bought a high mileage (60K) used TL. It had a dead battery, worn out seats and he wanted them replaced but since it was out of warranty, Acura would not do it (nor should they have). When they had the guys car in there the first time, they swapped the battery and since that worked so well, they decided to swap the seats the next chance they got... Here is the result (100% speculative but also 1000% plausible). My brother was a GM for one of the major American dealers, you should hear what some of his techs tried to pull off in an effort to either "pull one over" on the dealership or to somehow profit from it. My rec is simply to get them to fully replace EVERYTHING you feel unconfortable with. Alternatively, you could ask them for the police records of the technical and sales staff so that you can hire your own private investigator to support your pending lawsuit.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Intermediate

IF YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY **100%** SURE THAT THIS OCCURRED - call the police and have a police report made.

this is THEFT. (period) - nothing more, nothing less....although the exact charge may escalate to grand theft depending on your jurisdiction and the value of the driver's seat.

i'd arrange to have the police meet you AT THE DEALER.

guaranteed the service mgr will poop oreos when he sees this happen.... and will most likely get you everything you want......

doug
Old 07-01-2007, 11:37 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by lusid
Location of where this took place?
Tempe, AZ 85283
Old 07-01-2007, 11:45 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Turbonut
Take a look at the bolts that hold the seat in place to see if they have been removed. I find it very strange that a dealer would exchange the seat and floor mats. It doesn't make sense.

Even if the seat is worn and the pen mark area still apparent, have them change the leather cover for a new one. Our RX7 Turbo we purchased new, and still have, the dealership needed to change the driver's side leather cover twice because of their mechanics. They also had to replace the front spoiler as they destroyed one when the mechanic drove into a driveway and broke the original.

Keep after them.
I agree... it is strange, hence my posting. Nevertheless, the more I examine the seats and mats... they are clearly not the ones I drove in with. So far all they have offered to do is have their "interior man" try to get the pen marks (that they admit to doing) and other scuffs out. Needless to say, this is unacceptable and I will ask to meet with GM and service manager in person. Not sure of the motive, but they get a lot of used cars in there that I'm sure would be better with newer stuff. Who knows who's getting paid off and for what.... I just need my car back up to speed!

Thanks for your response, very helpful and will keep you posted...
Old 07-01-2007, 11:54 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by batdude
IF YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY **100%** SURE THAT THIS OCCURRED - call the police and have a police report made.

this is THEFT. (period) - nothing more, nothing less....although the exact charge may escalate to grand theft depending on your jurisdiction and the value of the driver's seat.

i'd arrange to have the police meet you AT THE DEALER.

guaranteed the service mgr will poop oreos when he sees this happen.... and will most likely get you everything you want......

doug
I am as sure as I can possibly be.... Gets worse every time I examine the driver's side seat. Much more worn than passenger's, scrapes. gouges, dings and dirt I've never seen. Floor mats are raggedy and dusgusting too! I get it detailed every 2-3 months or so... It needed some work, but this is crazy. I copletely agree with the theft aspect of your response. I plan to try to meet with GM and service manager first to see how they respond. Since it's been the weekend not sure what they will say yet. I will definitely move forward in other legal aspects as well (won't tip my hand here yet, but you are right). I look forward to these lowlives "pooping oreos" I believe any skilled person in the auto biz should be able to see the problem clearly. I'm just hoping they will back the name and customer satisfaction because the sales dept rep is completely full of shi* Thanks for your input and help, very much appreciated!!
Old 07-02-2007, 12:02 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by rondog
yeah, if thats the case, why would they go out of their way to show you something they did, admnit it and expect you to demand a brand new replacement. They would lose twice in that case. take the new seat, inspect your car and stop going there.
They have NOT offered a replacement. They have offered to have their guy clean the marks. They are trying to blow the rest off on me which is pure BS. They had my car for 32 hours and it came out looking far worse than when I brought it in, never mind the sick feeling it's been scoured for parts by low-lives in Tempe, Arizona.

This is not my seat. My car has 10,500 miles on it. This seat looks at least a few years old. They have not gone out of their way to do anything except show me the pen mark that the service manager tried to remove.... unsuccessfully before giving me back my car. I have absolutely no faith whatsoever that he would have shown me the damage had he been able to get the mark out. In that sence it may have been a blessing in disguise.

Thank you for your response. Will keep you posted.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:09 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by ndabunka
Why would they do that? All speculative but....... Well, the brother of a short-term service tech bought a high mileage (60K) used TL. It had a dead battery, worn out seats and he wanted them replaced but since it was out of warranty, Acura would not do it (nor should they have). When they had the guys car in there the first time, they swapped the battery and since that worked so well, they decided to swap the seats the next chance they got... Here is the result (100% speculative but also 1000% plausible). My brother was a GM for one of the major American dealers, you should hear what some of his techs tried to pull off in an effort to either "pull one over" on the dealership or to somehow profit from it. My rec is simply to get them to fully replace EVERYTHING you feel unconfortable with. Alternatively, you could ask them for the police records of the technical and sales staff so that you can hire your own private investigator to support your pending lawsuit.
I feel like that fits my experience to a tee... dead battery and all, seats, plus they threw in the shi**Y floormats as an extra FU. Your right, who know what else is missung or replaced, I'll definitely have to fight for full inpection by reliable mechanis. Thanks for your response.... Very helpful mentally and physically!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Pro

Only the '05 onward seats have two seams on the bottom section. '04 had one. Check to see if it has one or two...maybe you have an '04 seat?
Old 07-02-2007, 08:34 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
This sucks to hear that this happened to you, but things like this happen far too much. Hope you get everything figured out and take them to the bank.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:28 PM
Cruisin'

damn, before i take in my car next time to anywhere, im taking detailed pictures of every piece of my car.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:30 AM
8th Gear

what has the world come to? dealers are such a dissapointment . . .
Old 07-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Iro Ridg .308

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Definitely take a close look at all 4 mounting bolts that hold the seat down. You'll have to pop off the 2 plastic covers to see the rear mounting bolts. If there's any scratches/wear on those bolt heads, I would be highly suspicious.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,811 Likes on 1,282 Posts
Originally Posted by deemano
Tempe, AZ 85283
Whoa! I'm in the process of filing a lawsuit with their "authorized" Honda bodyshop. Besides the crappy bodywork, my car came back with a cigarette burn in the driver's seatbelt (I don't smoke, have never let anyone smoke, and have never let anyone else drive my car). Carpets were shampooed but the car smelled like beer. It took them an extra 2 weeks to finish it and I was lied to 3 times. Replaced the rear spoiler even though it was untouched in the accident. It came back with a ton of extra miles. Just had it washed before taking it in and there was a ton of brake dust on the front wheels. Outside edge of front tires were bald. 3rd brakelight hangs down and blinds me at night and a million little things that are wrong.

I'm scheduled to go back to meet with them in a month and I'm bringing one of my big friends to hopefully keep me from ripping someone's head off.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:44 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by I hate cars
Whoa! I'm in the process of filing a lawsuit with their "authorized" Honda bodyshop. Besides the crappy bodywork, my car came back with a cigarette burn in the driver's seatbelt (I don't smoke, have never let anyone smoke, and have never let anyone else drive my car). Carpets were shampooed but the car smelled like beer. It took them an extra 2 weeks to finish it and I was lied to 3 times. Replaced the rear spoiler even though it was untouched in the accident. It came back with a ton of extra miles. Just had it washed before taking it in and there was a ton of brake dust on the front wheels. Outside edge of front tires were bald. 3rd brakelight hangs down and blinds me at night and a million little things that are wrong.

I'm scheduled to go back to meet with them in a month and I'm bringing one of my big friends to hopefully keep me from ripping someone's head off.
Where are you located??? We really need to compare notes. I'm sure there are others. You can e-mail me at crazycousins@msn.com I would also like to be there to ripp someone's head off!!!