3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Dealer say 3rd gears fixed, but...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 09:35 PM
07 WDP TL-S ASpec lip

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help! Dealer say 3rd gears fixed, but...

Sorry, first time trying to post pics, doubt I got it right, please help.

I could use any and all advice....

Old 09-03-2008, 09:38 PM
07 WDP TL-S ASpec lip

ok, figured that part out.....but I'm seeing red, in more ways than one...

chris
Old 09-03-2008, 09:42 PM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn! WTF?! Hopefully they're going to correct this for you.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
I fixed the posts for you.

As for the car, holy cow! That's going to be a bit of work. The work:

1 Front Passenger Door Skin
1 Rear Passenger Door Skin
2 Pcs. passenger side rocker panels

Plus labor to put the skins on
then labor to paint the doors, the rocker panels will come painted since it has the A-Spec Kit

I suggest that you demand this from the dealer:
Free service (oil change, filter changes, alignments)
Accessories like a wing, mats, shifter, etc.
also a loaner car in equal or greater value than the TL being given for repairs.

Can you get a shot from the top of the car down, it looks like the top of the front passenger door is bent outwards.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ouch...where are you located?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Wiggy Wiggy Wiggy

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
The QP and front fender will need to be blended as well. So the whole side of that car will need paint work.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:58 PM
07 WDP TL-S ASpec lip

Thanks guys.

I already had a loaner (rdx, boring), so that's not a problem.

It already had a lip kit, so other than asking them to paint the fenders to make them match better, there's not much i can ask for.

My bigger issue is the fact that this clean TLs now has a tainted CarFax. I'm thinking that's a $5,000 hit. That's my problem. I paid $31.5K for this thing, probably too much.

They supposedly have a 08 TLs WDP on the lot. I'll take that, thank you. They said 'they will make it right', but how are they gonna make up for the CarFax damage history? I don't think they can. They can take my car, 'make it right' then they can try to sell it.

I didn't do anything wrong. I'm not looking to screw anybody, but I don't want to take up the *** either. THEY wrecked MY car.

Just happened tonite, too early to tell.

Thanks again.

Chris
Old 09-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Back for the first time

what exactly happened?
Old 09-03-2008, 11:43 PM
07 WDP TL-S ASpec lip

I'm is Massachusettes. They said the tech was test driving it and had the accident as he was pulling into their driveway (kinda tight).

Heck, I give their loaner more respect than that. That's what pisses me off. Use the brembo's dude. A test drive is one thing, but act appropriely, thank you. (ok, i'm a cranky old 40-sumthing guy, but there's a time and a place.) If I'm willing to be stupid and mess up my car, that's one thing, but this wasn't their car. (It may be now, heh).
Old 09-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by hankypank
Thanks guys.

I already had a loaner (rdx, boring), so that's not a problem.

It already had a lip kit, so other than asking them to paint the fenders to make them match better, there's not much i can ask for.

My bigger issue is the fact that this clean TLs now has a tainted CarFax. I'm thinking that's a $5,000 hit. That's my problem. I paid $31.5K for this thing, probably too much.

They supposedly have a 08 TLs WDP on the lot. I'll take that, thank you. They said 'they will make it right', but how are they gonna make up for the CarFax damage history? I don't think they can. They can take my car, 'make it right' then they can try to sell it.

I didn't do anything wrong. I'm not looking to screw anybody, but I don't want to take up the *** either. THEY wrecked MY car.

Just happened tonite, too early to tell.

Thanks again.

Chris
Acura will not put you in a new car, but you can file for diminished value or have the dealer do it all, basically what they will do is they take the value of an undamaged car like yours, then take a damaged value of a car like your's. The difference is what they pay you. Talk to your dealer about that since a tainted carfax is still a tainted carfax
Old 09-04-2008, 02:49 AM
2011 BMW 335i

Sorry to hear about this!! You seem to be handling this very positively, I would have flipped!!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Such a beautiful ride messed up by the dealer. Had my share of "accidents" by the dealer, but nothing as severe compare to yours. But I just don't understand why are these morons in the dealership who don't respect their customer's property. Like you said, no matter how perfect they repair this, there will be a tainted history. I wish you all the luck and you DESERVE to have a new car from them.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:22 AM
NTMD8

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow man... that is not a small bump...that is a pretty large hit... what kind of tech tests drive cars like that and especially if they are pulling in and out of the same driveway for the test drives.

GL with this!
Old 09-04-2008, 12:33 PM
07 WDP TL-S ASpec lip

Estimate is $3,900. They don't even want to replace the rear door skin, repair only. Rocker panel is pushed in pretty good too.

Arghh. Waiting for my lawyer to call back.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Drive FAst and Swirve

wow that sux man...GL I hope they make it right
Old 09-04-2008, 02:41 PM
07 WDP TL-S ASpec lip

Old 09-04-2008, 03:16 PM
2011 BMW 335i

^ whoa...is this more damage that you just found?
Old 09-04-2008, 03:33 PM
07 WDP TL-S ASpec lip

New pics, from the body shop. Shop was going to repair rear door skin, I told the service manager NO.

The dealer say the guy was only going 5 mph. Look at that rocker panel. Frame ok?

I told them I wan't them to buy the car back and give me a good deal on a new car. He's gonna ask the GM, but I don't think thats gonna fly.

Estimate say 50 hours. Another week without my car....argh!
Old 09-04-2008, 04:42 PM
2011 BMW 335i

New pics, from the body shop. Shop was going to repair rear door skin, I told the service manager NO.

The dealer say the guy was only going 5 mph. Look at that rocker panel. Frame ok?

I told them I wan't them to buy the car back and give me a good deal on a new car. He's gonna ask the GM, but I don't think thats gonna fly.

Estimate say 50 hours. Another week without my car....argh!
I don't think you are being unreasonable....I would be asking for that myself. This is in no way your fault and its not fair that you're out on value of your car because of what the dealer did
Old 09-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
try getting a new car man. dont listen to anyone that says you should keep the car. i know i would hate having a car thats less than a month old (assuming) with that much damage, specially in its history. you do deserve a new car, thats what i would be pushing for.

and no way in hell all that damage could have happened at 5 miles an hour.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Senior Moderator

that is some serious ACE body damage. That should take a while to insure its straight and strong, maybe a cut and reweld... I would seriously yell at the GM to put you in a new car.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
5 mph my ass, you don't get that kind of rocker damage from 5mph. You need to call Acura and report this as well if the GM of the dealership gives you an shit, get the regional execs involved.

You are taking this pretty well, if I came to pick up my car and it looked like I'd smash somebodys head with a shovel.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:02 AM
07 WDP TL-S ASpec lip

The service manager kept telling me that his lack of communication was due to his desire to have 'full disclosure'.

That sounds like BS to me.

I've fired back this:

R***,

I?m sorry if you got the wrong impression. If I did, I apologize. You have been professional in dealing with this, and I think I?ve been pretty calm, considering.

I just feel that someone from management should have contacted me within 24 hours to at least identify themselves and offer their assistance; I don?t think I should have had to demand this. Mr. G*****?s argument of ?full disclosure? does excuse the lack of communication on his part.

You did contact me promptly and provided photos of the damage, not once but twice, and I thank you for that. That is ?full disclosure?, but management running to their offices is not.

To me, this is a pretty serious issue. This is a $30,000 car, (well sales sold it to me $34,000 when I bought it). I understand, you are a service writer / foreman and have limited authority; I don?t mean this is a derogatory sense, I myself am an engineer but can?t authorize a $100 expenditure. To this end, why are you tasked to resolve this situation?

The damage looked mainly cosmetic, until I saw the last set of pictures. The running board looks pretty bad, making me worried about frame damage. The top of the front passenger door looks like its way off. Also concerning is the fact that estimate calls for the rear door panel to be repaired, not replaced. This is completely unacceptable.

I am very concerned about the ?diminished value? of the car. This is a term recognized by the legal system. Even if the car is ?made good as new?, there is usually ways to determine that the car has had body work, and thus ?diminished value?.

I have kept this ?under wraps?. You can view the thread at: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=685567 I have not posted Awho eactly did this to my car! I can, facts are facts.

One possibility is a buy back of my car, with an offer of a reasonable deal on a replacement. Mr. G***** has said he will talk to the General Manager about this.

I have to do my best to try to protect my interests. To this end, I have contacted Acura Corporate, and I will be speaking to my insurance agent, a lawyer, and, if necessary the BBB.

I?m not looking to get rich here. I don?t want anybody fired. Accidents happen. But it wasn?t my accident, and therefore is should not harm me. I just want to be ?made whole again?.

Regards,

Chris

We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:45 AM
2011 BMW 335i

^ Very well said, with the exception where you stated the cost of the car, you may have bought it for $30-$34k but its a $38k car! Go off of the MSRP, not the price you paid, the fact you got a good deal on it doesn't necessarily mean thats what th car is worth
Old 09-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Holy hell, that is total nonsense! Good luck buddy, I liked the letter. It was clean, clear, and to the point. You DESERVE a new vehicle. That's it. No fixing, it should be their problem now.

GL!!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 10:55 AM
07 WDP TL-S ASpec lip

It's not looking good folks.

The've offered me $31.5 - (5Kmi * $0.5 / mi) = $29,000

And are willing to sell me their DEMO for $36,000.

The way I look at it they are trying make a profit off of wrecking my car! SWEET!

Looks like things are going to get ugly on Monday.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Burning Brakes

The way I look at it they are trying make a profit off of wrecking my car! SWEET!

A demo for $36k? They are selling brand new ones for under $33k around here. Time to sue.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:26 PM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
They're seriously on crack if they're trying to sell a demo at that price. Wow! Hope things go well on Monday.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:23 PM
07 WDP TL-S ASpec lip

Mr *****,

I retreated in my efforts due the fact that I believed that Acura of ******* was going to make an offer in good faith concerning the serious damage to my vehicle.

I was wrong. It is my opinion that Acura of ******* is looking to profit from their negligence.

Please submit a statement describing all aspects of the accident: time, location, driver’s name, and details of the actual accident.

This information will be provided to Acura Corporate, my lawyer, the Office of the Attorney General, and the Better Business Bureau, and USAA, as necessary.

In addition, I had hoped to be able to post a positive resolution on a very active (140,000+ member) Acura owner website. As such I have not mentioned your company’s name up to this point. I may change my mind very soon.

I need to know where the vehicle is located at this time, as an adjustor for my insurance company, USAA, is going to do an estimate for me and determine if it is drivable. I also need to collect my personal belongings from the car, and possibly take possession of the car, dependent on my lawyer’s advice.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Detail Cars in Philly in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
dam that sucks, i work at a dealer and have seen some small damages happen like some paint off the bumper from getting too close to other cars(our lot is very small)
But when that does happen, our dealer bends over backwards for these people and makes sure that everything is made right-(as right as it can be)

keep contact with corporate about it, we had a guy with an 07 tl-s that had prob with the engine that we couldnt fix, after alot of badgering on his part along with corporate and like 6 months later, he ended up getting a brand new 08 tl-s with lip kit(since it was the only 6mt we had.
Keep up the fight!!
Old 09-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Seems like you are acting professionally in this matter. Which is the way it is supposed to be. They are attempting to reimburse you incorrectly though. Think of it this way, they HAVE to take a blue book value or comparable value of the vehicle NEVER purchase price.

Because what they will do is file it with their insurance company.

I would ask them to provide you with a quote from their insurance provider as well in this matter in terms of collections. You are correct by involving the Attorney General, Lawyer, BBB, USAA, Acura Corporate.

They are trying to take you for granted dont let that happen. Good luck and keep us updated on this.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Senior Moderator

36K for a newe car, they are on crack. Go to a different dealer, get a quote on a car like yours and take it to them and have the dealer match that, or tell em give me my money and i'll buy it from this dealership.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:43 PM
07 WDP TL-S ASpec lip

Mr Jordan,
I am sorry that you do not like the deal on trading up to the 2008 model but I also offered through K**** to buy your car back at full purchase price less the miles that you have driven. I am not sure what else I could do to help the situation that we have presented you along with offering to sell you the 2008 at invoice.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 09-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Mr Jordan,
I am sorry that you do not like the deal on trading up to the 2008 model but I also offered through K**** to buy your car back at full purchase price less the miles that you have driven. I am not sure what else I could do to help the situation that we have presented you along with offering to sell you the 2008 at invoice.

Sent from my iPhone
Have your lawyer make a nasty phone call, I bet the changes his tune. They are 100% in the wrong on this one, and will lose.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:36 PM
07 WDP TL-S ASpec lip

Mr. A****,

Please provide the information that I requested. I need details of the accident, and I need to know where my car is and allowed access.

Christopher B. Jordan

(cell) (508) 878-8991

(office) (978) 671-5793

Last edited by hankypank; 09-07-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
I think you can definitely get them to buy the car back minus the mileage put on the car, but will even a lawyer be able to get them to sell you a new one for a deal?

You may end up with less after paying off the lawyer.

Maybe you should take the buyback and then look elsewhere for leftover since the 09 will be out in a couple weeks. The only bad part is getting the color combo you want since TL-S's can be hard to come by now.

Hope things all work out for you!
Old 09-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Intermediate

If this were my dealership one phone call to the owner by a lawyer and this would have been resolved already. Happens once every few months. Don't bother with the lower end guys anymore, they'll just keep rebuffing you (it's their job, in a way). Go for the top and go for their purse strings, and whatever you do, don't be patient. Patience is usually viewed as a weakness that can be exploited. Personally, I don't think it's a good idea for you to be directly involved anymore either. They clearly see you as someone who can be manipulated. Once things start being communicated through an attorney, everything changes.

Good luck.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
id tell them to keep it and give me a new one...thats unacceptable. then id call my lawyer and have him handle the rest.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Wait, you paid $31.5 for it? If so marking it down by only $0.5 per mile seems like a decent deal to me, thats way below normal mileage figures. Am I missing something here?
Old 09-07-2008, 09:54 PM
07 WDP TL-S ASpec lip

I don't know what the going rate is, probably around $0.50 mile, but that for gas, oil, maintentce. I've paid for all that. This strictly depreciation.

Chris

Quick Reply: Help! Dealer say 3rd gears fixed, but...