3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Car in tint shop as we speak and they can't get the Moleskin to stick!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 08:42 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gjerdes Solar Sheild Sucks!

Just an update to this. This Tint shop, Gjerdes Solar Shield in Savage Minnesota SUCKS. Not only did they do the shittiest job on the tint but they also broke my passenger door handle and put the door panel on wrong again.

DO NOT GET YOUR WINDOWS TINTS THERE. THEY WILL NOT OWN UP TO THEIR SHITTY WORKMANSHIP.

GJERDES SOLAR SHIELD

AHH. O.K I feel better now.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Oh, and btw, Gjerdes Solar Shield in Savage & Fridley Minnesota SUCKS
Old 07-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
you may want to get reimbursement on the issues. perhaps call the better business bureau?
Old 08-07-2008, 07:45 PM
4th Gear

Wow. That's a pretty professional post. The language in a post says a lot about the person. I actually came across this and was surprised. Gjerdes did my tint a couple of months ago on my M3 and I couldn't be more pleased. I actually became a member of this forum just to respond.

While waiting at their shop, a client of mine called me and need a file asap. I had no way to email it to them. With out a hesitation, Mark from Gjerdes heard my issue, told me I could plug into their network if it would help. I did and it save me. That's above and beyond in my book folks.

Nothing was broke on my car, he even fixed a striped screw that I caused. He went out of his way to find a screw in his shop to hold the rear window in place until I got the replacement screw from BMW land.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and this is mine. When it comes to my autos, I only use the best. Gjerdes for tint and Bravo Auto Bra for clear bra protection. These guys are the best in their fields. Period. The Garage: 95 BMW M3 LWT, Nismo R, Acura TL Type-S, Mercedes GL550.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:58 PM
4th Gear

Just to clarify what post I was talking about.

Originally Posted by ajdigerati
Just an update to this. This Tint shop, Gjerdes Solar Shield in Savage Minnesota SUCKS. Not only did they do the shittiest job on the tint but they also broke my passenger door handle and put the door panel on wrong again.

DO NOT GET YOUR WINDOWS TINTS THERE. THEY WILL NOT OWN UP TO THEIR SHITTY WORKMANSHIP.

GJERDES SOLAR SHIELD

AHH. O.K I feel better now.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Oh, and btw, Gjerdes Solar Shield in Savage & Fridley Minnesota SUCKS
Old 08-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry for the late reply, I just joined. I just want to put in my .02 cents. I have been tinting for over 10 years. Do not let one tint shop affect how you feel, do more research on different tint shops in the area. $420 is way too much, I charge $100 on the side where I live. No to discourage you finding a good tint shop, but in my opinion, tint shops in sunny states(TX, FL) will have much more experience tinting than Minnesota(COLD). Good luck!!
Old 08-08-2008, 01:47 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
Is it me or does that seem like an ad by the company itself. Haha. Self post? To me any one charging that kind of loot already seems to be shady. That'd dealer prices and we know the rep that most dealers carry.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:07 AM
4th Gear

I'm new the forum, so I don't know how they work the PM's here, but PM me and I'll give you my number if you think this is a self post. No problem.

I was charged $219 without tax and $50 to remove the old tint that was done wrong by another place. I was a walk-in and they could get me in at that time, seemed fair. I'll scan the receipt. I too find it hard to believe that window tint would be $420 and knowing that up front, I wouldn't have had it installed. Unless it was some completely new technology stuff that would cloak my car from radar, now that would be worth a lot more then $420. But with that, there might be new stuff on the market that does do something for the car. They did explain while picking out the tint, that they carried a new tint with some kind of new technology in it to reflect more light out of the car keeping the car cooler inside. I didn't ask the price of it and I'm now wondering if I should have done it. That might have been more, but I'd need to see more proof before buying. My interior of the M3 is black and it gets pretty hot.

Anyway, all I'm saying is I was charged $210 for my tint. They did a great job. I do remember thinking it was a little higher then some of the other places I looked at, but not by that much. They came highly recommended from another friend. I just believe no matter how bad things get, slamming someone like this isn't cool. I'm a customer standing up for the company that tinted my windows on my cars that went above and beyond. That should say something in today's marketplace. Peace.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:16 AM
4th Gear

super sorry about the long posts.