Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help~!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 11:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help~!!

i just got my TL yesterday and im so Happy~!!! one thing i dont really like is the color i picked out. i picked the black color and i realized that there the color doesnt really accent the lines on the side( something i really LIKED). is there anyway i can trade my car in and get anoher color? my friends say i have 30days but i called the dealer and they said that the paperwork has been sent in already!! can i get another color without paying any money and are the people at the dealer LAZY? ive already put 130miles on my car will i incur any costs to trade? thanks a lot, expect to see me around this forum a LOT!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2003, 11:10 PM
Instructor

Think laws vary by state, but I think a large number provide you with 3 days.

You might PM HondaRC51

BTW- Did you buy at Nalley?
Old 12-18-2003, 11:10 PM
Instructor

I've heard that some states have what's known as a 7 day "cool off" period, where u can return the car (less mileage charges) for a refund if returned within 7 days.

Not positive of this though. Do the research for your state.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:19 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Thumbs down Grow up and assume responsibility

In most states you have three days to back out of any deal. If your SERIOUS, you may need to speak with a lawyer right away. If it's already been three days, then congratulations on your latest acquisition. Black is a fine choice but will show dirt easily and therefore requires a higher level of commitment to maintenance (Sure hope you like to wash cars). As far as not costing you any additional cash...NOPE, if you have ANY prayer of getting an exchange, you will need a lawyer as well as the abilty to be without that car for the duration of the negotiations. Get the car back on their lot. I'm not a laywer but you could try this if your inside three days. Drive the car back onto the lot. Hand a receptionist (or a serivce guy) the keys and walk out (or have a friend ready to drive you out). You can tell them that your laywer will be contacting them regarding the return. You will have turned the dealership against you. You will not get any kind of deal from them (expect to pay at LEAST MSRP if your trying to buy the new color form them, etc). In other words, is it really worth all that? One last point, if your old enough to buy a car, you SHOULD be old enough to live with the consequences. You bought it, now you need to accept responsibility and learn to live with it. Don't have any pregnent girlfriends around do you? Should we expect to see you on Jerry in the next month or so?
Old 12-19-2003, 12:00 AM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I you have NAVI + 6MT we can trade...

I like Black better than Anthracite metallic.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:30 AM
Intermediate

damn i want navi too i wanna trade~!! ill pay the cash difference too anything for navi and a color change
Old 12-19-2003, 12:44 AM
Intermediate

i need NAVI~!!! for those of you who havent purchased a 04TL you need to hurry up and take your as*es to the nearest Acura dealer. if your contemplating, whether or not you should buy your tl w/o navi, you need to hit yourself a couple times in the head and then re-evaluate~!!!!!! probably the biggest mistake i made!!!!!!! I NEED NAVI~!!!!! IM SO LOST WITHOUT IT~!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2003, 12:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Wow, that is such a drag. Buyer's remourse is a really tough thing on a purchase like this. I can totally see your point about the black paint not showing the lines of the car very well. This has been discussed many times on different threads. It sounds like you may be able to get out of it one way or another.

I hope it works out for you.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:02 AM
Intermediate

Originally posted by drising
Think laws vary by state, but I think a large number provide you with 3 days.

You might PM HondaRC51

BTW- Did you buy at Nalley?
nah i bought it at carland acura
Old 12-19-2003, 11:20 PM
4th Gear

There is no 3 day rule on automobiles! If that was the case everyone would buy on Friday and return it on Sunday.
Old 12-20-2003, 12:07 AM
Instructor

Trying the strait approach at your loacal dealer, may be your best approach.
You might take a $500-1000 hit now, but if you just spent $35k you might be kicking yourself in the butt for the next 2 years--
until the AWD 300HP+ TL debutes.
You, and I will be soon, made a large purchase commitment to get one of these 3rd Generation platforms--you should at least be happy w/it for the first 6 months.
If you don't like it day-2, it sounds like you won't be able to convince yourself into liking it. If you have looked for acceptance via friends/relatives approval to convince yourself--it is definately time to get back to the dealer. ASAP!
Good luck getting what you want.
NathanSilver
Old 12-20-2003, 01:36 AM
Intermediate

Originally posted by NathanSilver
Trying the strait approach at your loacal dealer, may be your best approach.
You might take a $500-1000 hit now, but if you just spent $35k you might be kicking yourself in the butt for the next 2 years--
until the AWD 300HP+ TL debutes.
You, and I will be soon, made a large purchase commitment to get one of these 3rd Generation platforms--you should at least be happy w/it for the first 6 months.
If you don't like it day-2, it sounds like you won't be able to convince yourself into liking it. If you have looked for acceptance via friends/relatives approval to convince yourself--it is definately time to get back to the dealer. ASAP!
Good luck getting what you want.
NathanSilver
300hp awd acura tl? what the hell? hey i love my car i just wish i could have snohter color and navi thats all. when is this 300hp awd supposed to debut?
Old 12-20-2003, 02:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
300 HP with AWD is a rumor nothing more.

The RL is probably going to be AWD (judging by the spy photos and CEO Fukui saying that the next RL will not be FWD).

And the TL won't get that until the RL has been out for a while.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:13 AM
Instructor

ObOy780

I agree that NAVI rocks. I will probably always get it on future cars.

However, I disagree with your knock on the black paint. I think that the lines on the car show very well and in fact, I think that (when clean) it is the absolute best color in the TL.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:21 AM
Pro

Re: Grow up and assume responsibility

Originally posted by ndabunka
In most states you have three days to back out of any deal.
This is one of the most MISTAKEN thought that people have. I would bet money that there is NO state that allows a person who went to a dealership and SIGNED a contract in person to back out of that deal EVEN IF HE HAD NOT DRIVEN THE CAR. When the ink goes on the paper and you have consideraton (money etc) then you are legally bound by the contract.

The dealer might be friendly enough to rip up the contract, but that is his decision.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:35 AM
Instructor

NBP is the best color in my opinion, so I think you'll learn to like it
over time.

I just don't want the high cleaning demand on black, so I pick silver.

Enjoy your car !!
Old 12-20-2003, 09:55 AM
Instructor

ObOy780.
I just woke up from a bad dream (seriously), where I bought a Dodge product (the nightmare begins), and it starts falling apart the next day! I woke up and shook it off! Getting the 04TL soon..
The car is fantastic: Good luck getting the color you want. I researched the Hell out of it, before I make a $35k purchase.
NathanSilver-doin' a little research
Old 12-20-2003, 10:04 AM
Instructor

I believe Silver photgraphs the best--maybe this is why most of the Acura photos are of silver cars. I liked the Silver, for the reason that the lines Really show up great. The negative polarization I have received from this color is that: Silver is a color that gets into a lot of accidents. A friend of mine has a silver Land Rover & silver Volvo: both have been tagged >2x each. It seems like the mirroring properties of a really shiny silver acts like a cloaking device. Then again, the 04TL's Silver isn't the most stunning Silver that I have seen for the 04 automotive industry lineup. Maybe it won't be so mirror-y.
Making this up as I go--NathanSilver
Old 12-22-2003, 11:52 PM
Instructor

Unhappy

Too bad BLACK is NOT a color.
NathanSIlver