3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone purchased a vehicle at Acura of Troy in Michigan?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 05:35 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone purchased a vehicle at Acura of Troy in Michigan?

If anyone has purchased a vehicle at Acura of Troy, in Michigan, how was your experience buying as well as with the service department? I am prolly going to buy a car from them and wanted to attain any feedback good or bad so that I know what to expect etc. Thanks for your time.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:32 PM
cnp
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Came close to buying a TL from the internet manager David Elledge (sp?). He gave me the best price amongst inquiries in three states. I decided on a closer dealer in Chicago in the long run. Don't know anything about their service dept.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:58 PM
Instructor

I am surprised no one has responded to my question thus far. Anyhow, thanks for your response cnp. My questions still stand people, I would appreciate any enlightenment pertaining to this dealer.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:29 PM
ULOOZ

Acura of Troy

They used to have a great female service manager there. She still may be there.... I used to live in Plymouth, and in Northville. I used to buy from Sunshine in Farmington Hills( now Suburban Acura). Good luck!!!
Old 07-06-2004, 06:56 AM
Instructor

picked up mine at the Suburban Acura, 25000 Haggerty, Farmington Hills 248-427-5702 and have had nothing less than excellent service. So far 2 oil changes, and each time . . . my car comes out clean as a whistle while the Service manager holds the drivers door open like I'm royalty or somethin. I think he's partial to the Blue Pearl. cool man

have fun. PS. They won't let you drive a TL by yourelf . . . so don't take it personnal. Just think of it as insurance that some jealous Chrysler bonehead wouldn't have the opportunity to ruin one for the gipper.

pss: Went to Krogers yesterday, my cart pulled to the right. Damm Chrysler crap. I didn't know they made Grocery carts toooo :fingerfawk:
Old 07-06-2004, 04:11 PM
Instructor

Wow, that sounds great that they at least respect you enough to open the door for you. How was the pricing and service work done and if done was it up to your standards? Also there is another link forum to a gentlemen that had a terrible time at Acura of Troy pertaining to their service department and the way they treated him! Quite terrible to me! Check it out.. http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showt...highlight=Troy
Old 07-06-2004, 07:39 PM
7th Gear

I just bought my TL from Acura of Troy about 2 weeks ago and had a great experience. When I picked up the car the sales guy (Dennis S.) spent about an hour in the car going over everything and another half hour on the outside. Have not had any service done on the car yet so I cannot comment on the service dept. They gave me a far better price than Jeffrey Acura in Roseville and a good price on my trade in.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Team Anthracite Member

I got mine from Suburban Acura. The initial visit wasn't that great but once they realized that I was serious about buying a car, it was all very smooth. I would avoiid the dealership in Ann Arbor, sat there for 2 hours, while the salesman "haggled" with the manager. I ended up just saying no at Ann Arbor and left.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:43 PM
Instructor

Yea, I have dealt with Ann Arbor Acura, they are very snobby and not very customer oriented. I went in their to get their best price and the sales guy came out with sticker price plus interest etc. I could have done that on the internet in 2 minutes!! The irony is that they faxed this to us cause it was taking them to long. I think they think their sh*t doesn't stink and I got news for them, it does! Their mentality is terrible, stay away from them in my humble opinion.

Glad to see that people are having good experiences when purchasing their new Acura's. Makes me feel more comfortable about spending $35,000 on a car, not to mention this is my first time EVER buying non American!

Also, Dennis S. is the gentlement I have been dealing with. Nice guy, seems alright so far.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:57 AM
Instructor

WOW, we too had a rotten experience at the Ann Arbor dealer. At the time, I was looking for a specific color . . . Ann Arbor had it in stock, so off we went from Suburban Farmington hills with a price on my trade in . . . they (Ann Arbor) were pissed off that I would even suggest that they would honor the trade in price and had the gaul to try to convince me that my car was worth less . . . a lot less. (02 Toyota Solara MINT) not a scratch on it. blah, blah . . . you get the drift.

so, we decided to go back to Surburban and my wife decides she wants doesn't want to wait for black and decides to take the one on the show room floor. Lip spoiler, pin striping, etc etc.

We're very happy, and I know you'll be satisfied as well.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:34 AM
Team Anthracite Member

I am just happy to see more people getting into the TL around Detroit. Finally had the opportunity to follow one for awhile on 275 and I must say it looks very nice at speed.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Instructor

CampIIMAF, I hear ya, Ann Arbor Acura's perception of themselves is quite profound! In other words, their sh*t does stink! Not sure how their service department is. I do not want to have to drive 40 minutes to take my car in to somewhere other than Ann Arbor Acura. But, if they suck for lack of better words in their sales dept. then maybe their is a high correlation in their service dept. as well of sucking?!
Old 07-07-2004, 11:25 AM
Instructor

MXZ1997, when you get your car services, please let us know how you were treated and the experience went @ Acura of Troy if you would be so kind! Thanks....
Old 07-08-2004, 10:41 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Legend75
MXZ1997, when you get your car services, please let us know how you were treated and the experience went @ Acura of Troy if you would be so kind! Thanks....

Will Do!
Old 07-12-2004, 09:53 AM
Instructor

Just checking to see if anyone has any new developments pertaining to my original post/question.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:35 AM
Instructor

It's been a week, apparently no one has any feedback. I am becoming very frsutrated w/ Acura of Troy as for I still do not have a build date for my TL. I have been waiting about a month now. Is contemplating purchasing a Toyota 4Runner Limited instead. Seems as if Acura's production is not very efficient in meeting demand. What a pity.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:03 AM
Instructor

It's been almost a month thought I would check back on here to see if anyone has any new experiences or know's someone that had an experience at Acura of Troy, Michigan. Thanks!
Old 08-09-2004, 03:34 PM
7th Gear

It's been almost a month thought I would check back on here to see if anyone has any new experiences or know's someone that had an experience at Acura of Troy, Michigan. Thanks!
Sorry, I have not had any experience at Acura of Troy, but have had some experience with Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids and Fort Wayne, IN (if you don't mind the long drive). Purchased my TL about 3 weeks ago. Ann Arbor couldn't get me a good price at all...they said sticker...are you kidding me?!?! They wanted me to come back for a test drive, but I told them I already had a test drive at another dealer, I just need a better price. At Grand Rapids, they got me a decent price and were willing to match any deal I found. However, they offered me very little on my 2001 A4. If you don't mind the drive, I highly recommend Fort Wayne, IN. They gave me the best price on my A4...about 1k over Kelly Blue Book and best price on the TL (2k off msrp for 6MT/Navi). My shopping experience at Fort Wayne was the best because they're definitely going to work with you on your target price. However, I was able to test drive by myself at the Grand Rapids dealership.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:42 PM
7th Gear

Whoops, I forgot to mention that Grand Rapids have a Black/Ebony and Anthr/Ebony 6MT/Navi set to be built the Aug 20-27? It's around that time frame.

Fort Wayne did not have what I was looking for, but the Sales Manager contacted many dealerships and found my exact car at a dealership in Akron, OH two days after it was built. He waived the transportation fee to get it from Akron. The sales manager is pretty much going to do anything to get your business.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Instructor

Thanks a lot, that is good news to hear. I appreciate the insight. Yea, Ann Arbor Acura needs to go out of business. They think they are superior and that they don't have to cut you a deal. I had the same experience with them as well as several other people on different threads. They are arrogant and not consumer friendly minded.

Look forward to any other insight you might have pertaining to these dealerships as well!
Old 08-24-2004, 05:49 PM
Instructor

Just thought I would check back since it has been 2 weeks since anyone has posted any information pertaining to Acura of troy in Michigan. Any comments would be appreciated folks!
Old 08-25-2004, 06:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by campIIIMAF

have fun. PS. They won't let you drive a TL by yourelf . . . so don't take it personnal. Just think of it as insurance that some jealous Chrysler bonehead wouldn't have the opportunity to ruin one for the gipper.
Sure they will... im 19 and they let me drive it alone all the time :-D... on the other hand it may be because they feel bad for destroying my TSX..... poor tsx

But I purchased the TSX from ann arbor, and they have HORRIBLE service dept... on the other hand at suburban whenever I went in for any service they were amazing, quickly got the work done and always did it right, except the final time when the engine was demolished... grr... they always held the door open and always vaccumed and washed it for me... they are amazing over there

when they ruined my engine, they immediately took care of the issue... most dealers you would have to argue with...they admitted to their mistake and took care of the issue promptly... i HIGHLY reccomend them
Old 08-25-2004, 06:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Just thought I would check back since it has been 2 weeks since anyone has posted any information pertaining to Acura of troy in Michigan. Any comments would be appreciated folks!
Just wondering, if you live in Novi, why wouldnt you go to suburban? Talk to Robert Ross (sales) and Tom Rzeppo (spelling?) - sales manager, and tell them vik sent you... i am sure they will take care of you... they are very agressive at beating other dealers prices...

My suggestion, when negotiating with them, tell them you want them to give you free car washes whenever you want, and free lifetime oil changes.... they may not do the car washes, but the oil changes is about a 250 option from them if you do it later....

sorry no info on troy; however, i would never buy from ann arbor again... they flat out lie about features... well perhaps it was because they saw an 18 year old kid buying it... thinking mommy and daddy are spending money.. bullf'ingshit... money is money and they should treat anybody age 16 or 60 the same... and for those of you who are going to complain about the tsx or me looking at the tl because of the assumption that my parents are paying... dont bother... i happen to work my ass off like most of you to pay for it...

sorry just my little rant about acura of ann arbor
Old 08-28-2004, 10:56 AM
Instructor

Idiot sales staff and WDP discoloration

Hey man regardless if someone's parent's are buying them a car or not, money is money and customer service is customer service. Well after waiting for over 2 month's now for my WDP, I am NOT getting it.

Acura of Troy in my opinion at least the sales guy I have been dealing with is a complete idiot, lazy and unwilling to go out of his way or to ensure I am happy with my purchase. Because of this I am NOT buying a car I have waited for over 2 month's to buy. Not to mention that the paint is discolored between the bumpers and the body.

I think that this is unacceptable for a car that costs $35K. I am not happy with the paint discoloration and told him that. No response, ohh it's because of the pearlization he said. My response, I don't care, I don't like it and this car is too much money for this to be an issue.

Anyhow, I am not happy with Acura's customer service that I have received in the encounters where I have been, Ann Arbor Acura and Troy Acura both in Michigan. Seems like I know more about the car than they do and they do this for a living! Their attitude is terrible, very arrogant, not willing to go out of their way to ensure customer gratification and not making the customer a priority! I have HAD it! I may purchase a different color combo or a different car alltogether!
Old 08-28-2004, 07:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Hey man regardless if someone's parent's are buying them a car or not, money is money and customer service is customer service. Well after waiting for over 2 month's now for my WDP, I am NOT getting it.

Acura of Troy in my opinion at least the sales guy I have been dealing with is a complete idiot, lazy and unwilling to go out of his way or to ensure I am happy with my purchase. Because of this I am NOT buying a car I have waited for over 2 month's to buy. Not to mention that the paint is discolored between the bumpers and the body.

I think that this is unacceptable for a car that costs $35K. I am not happy with the paint discoloration and told him that. No response, ohh it's because of the pearlization he said. My response, I don't care, I don't like it and this car is too much money for this to be an issue.

Anyhow, I am not happy with Acura's customer service that I have received in the encounters where I have been, Ann Arbor Acura and Troy Acura both in Michigan. Seems like I know more about the car than they do and they do this for a living! Their attitude is terrible, very arrogant, not willing to go out of their way to ensure customer gratification and not making the customer a priority! I have HAD it! I may purchase a different color combo or a different car alltogether!

It is sad isn't it? I was very happy with my TSX. I purchased it from ann arbor, and that was a mistake... i dealt with an idiot over there. I do think that you will find if you do research on the forums before going to the dealer, more than 99% of the time you will know more than they will, its sad, but true. That is how I felt with the TSX purchase, lexus rx300, and the infiniti fx35 - or even when i was looking into the touraeg, maxima, and the c320.

I suggest you take a look at suburban in farmington, gd river & haggerty... talk to robert ross... granted you will still know more than they do at the dealer, he has been very helpful to me and patient as I go through the long process... been very willing to work with me..same with the sales manager tom rzeppo (spelling????)

Good luck, if you need any help let me know :-D
Old 08-29-2004, 05:29 PM
Instructor

Bought mine at Jeffery Acura in Roseville I believe. Great sales experience, Eric spent alot of time with me at delivery.
Haven't had it in the shop yet as it's been a pretty perfect car from the get go.
Craig
Old 08-30-2004, 06:19 AM
Instructor

Ann Arbor Acura . . . you're right poor service in sales

Acura of Troy . . . don't know

Suburban Acura A+ in sales and A+ in service
Old 08-30-2004, 06:47 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by campIIIMAF
Ann Arbor Acura . . . you're right poor service in sales

Acura of Troy . . . don't know

Suburban Acura A+ in sales and A+ in service

Old 09-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Instructor

Thanks for the advice guys, I really appreciate it. It has been rather frustrating in the process of attaining a new TL. Not sure what Acura's deal is. I have not been impressed thus far with my experiences with Acura. Hopefully will be better at other dealers.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Cruisin'

I've not had good experience w/ Acura of Troy. I worked w/ the Internet sales guy and I asked him if it was possible to get a lower price than quoted. He literally told me that he needs to "educate" me about pricing and that I should look at the price of the car net of trade in, instead of looking at it as two separate transaction.

Um, I've bought many many cars before and I'm an accountant. Don't play number games w/ me Dennis.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:40 PM
1st Gear

I just bought my TL from Jeffry Acura in Roseville. I ended up using my same sales person from my wifes Honda Pilot at Jeffrey Honda. They have really good service at Jeffrey Acura. They screwed up on the lease papers and put 12K miles per year when I wanted 15K, so they ate the cost and I got the extra miles for free, woo hoo
Old 05-10-2006, 09:42 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Sopris
I just bought my TL from Jeffry Acura in Roseville. I ended up using my same sales person from my wifes Honda Pilot at Jeffrey Honda. They have really good service at Jeffrey Acura. They screwed up on the lease papers and put 12K miles per year when I wanted 15K, so they ate the cost and I got the extra miles for free, woo hoo
I'm actually stopping by Jeffery Acura today. Suburban Acura didn't give me a great quote on my trade in and seems pretty firm with the pricing, although they were great and very helpful.

Who did you work with at Jeffrey?
Old 05-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
I had a pretty decent purchase experience with Acura of Troy on my '03. But after having much trouble with their service department, we gave the business to Suburban Acura for the '05 6-speed. Both cars are now serviced only by Suburban, and for as long as I'm alive, Acura of Troy will never touch any of the cars in my family.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DaveCSparty
I'm actually stopping by Jeffery Acura today. Suburban Acura didn't give me a great quote on my trade in and seems pretty firm with the pricing, although they were great and very helpful.

Who did you work with at Jeffrey?
I got my TL from Jeffrey's as well. My sales person was Hoover. A very nice guy, way better than Acura of Troy sales person. The salesperson there seem a bit of a snob. A month ago he told me sales were slow so you might be able to bargain with them. I got my left-over 05 TL for $31.5K 6-spd with Navi, but had some mileage.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:29 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks 1gokart!

I'm meeting with Jeffrey G, the Internet guy there today. I told him that the price he gave me was a little high, he says he can work on it if I stop in. I'm going in today, let's hope he's helpful

The guy at Suburban Acura, Tom, was very very nice. However he's a fast talker and doesn't seem to want to work the numbers much. However, I get the feeling that he's very good at what he does and he knows his stuff. He probably gets enough commission where he doesn't need to lower his price any lower than it already is ($33,500+TTL for 2006 w/ Navi).

Even if Acura of Troy has the lowest price I wouldn't go there. The sales guy there lost my business. Dennis definitely does not treat his customers with respect. He thinks that he is the only Acura dealership in town or something.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:49 AM
7th Gear

Consider going to Toledo

I got my left over '05 TL w/o Nav for $29,750 in March from Dave White Acura outside of Toledo, OH. It was a much better price than I got offered from any of the Detroit/A2 dealers. Talk to Bill Potter there.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:16 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bought my RSX Type S from Jeffery. A Sales, B+ in service

I did buy my TL from Acura of Troy A- Sales, A in service

Funny the guy from Jeffery never called me back, after 2 calls too him on a TL, so I bought from Acura of Troy, has been good after 1 year.

Suburban was a big hassle, trying to get a quote... D+ in sales
Old 12-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Cruisin'

crappy service dept

Acura of Troy has to have the most dumbest service advisors in existence. They are a bunch of kids out of high school probably. The Manager defends them to the last, and every survey of mine has pointed this out. They're fine when it comes to smiling and taking your car for an oil change. If its anything bigger then that or more complex then they are a pain to listen and talk to because they dont know what they are talking about. The parts guy is a treat and was the only guy thats got any brains. Just like a dealership to put smarts in the back and stupids out front.