Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got rear ended my PG county police!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 11:17 AM
04 NBP 6MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by uhcoug
Talked to the adjuster today about the rental car. At first they were going to put me in a chevy cobalt. They saw all they owe me is "reliable transportation". It doesn't need to be the equivelent of my car. After argueing with her she "upgraded" me to a rental class that includes the Nissan Sentra. What kind of upgrade is that? With all the BS they have put me through I am going to talk to a lawyer tomorrow to see if I have any sort of claim against them.

Also talked to her about compensation for loss of value since it is such a new car. All she said is that they are resposible for repairing the car and that's it. The rental is a courtesy that they are doing.
That's a scam. A Sentra is precisely as craptastic as a Cobalt (I've had both as rentals). Don't fall for a Hyundai Sonata either.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:20 AM
5mins2disney.com

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
It's just a bumper, so hopefully your car won't have any dimished value actually.

There was no underlying frame damage or anything hopefully, so shouldn't be that big a deal as if it were a major accident.

One thought might be to get the Ronjon aftermarket bumper to replace your rear if you like it! For what the dealer charged me to fix some small scratches and repaint my rear bumper I could have easily purchased an aftermarket one like that and had a brand new one, I just didn't know about it at the time.

I have several friends who are police officers, they were telling me that accidents are a very common occurrence for them, it's a very dangerous part of their job. He said everyone on their force has had at least one accident, usually 1 per year, it's just numbers of being in the car all day long.

Also, he's seen so many accidents now and knows it's so dangerous that he drives like a grandma now. My question was how does it affect their personal insurance rates? lol...fortunately the police department insures them and it doesn't end up on their personal driving record...