Good mechanic in the Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007 | 10:38 AM
07 TL Navi AT5

Good mechanic in the Bay Area

Hi,

I got my cd player fixed the other day but then while coming home I realized that the sensor that adjusts the navi display is screwed up. I want a mechanic that does not break working things... Do you have any good mechanics in the San Francisco Bay Area that you can recommend? It is better if it is near San Jose but I am willing to drive a bit for good service.
Old 04-18-2007 | 11:03 AM
Godfather of Chrome

From: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Originally Posted by soli1978
Hi,

I got my cd player fixed the other day but then while coming home I realized that the sensor that adjusts the navi display is screwed up. I want a mechanic that does not break working things... Do you have any good mechanics in the San Francisco Bay Area that you can recommend? It is better if it is near San Jose but I am willing to drive a bit for good service.
Good luck! If you find one, let me know. I'm about 30 miles south of you so I'd be interested in trying someone out other than Los Gatos Acura.

Representing the Bay!
Old 04-18-2007 | 11:42 AM
Registered but harmless

Warranty work > see dealer.

I want a mechanic that does not break working things... Do you have any good mechanics in the San Francisco Bay Area that you can recommend?
Wait-- you're under warranty, so an Acura dealer service department should deal with any and all repairs that are necessary, esp. where the Navi and electronic parts are concerned! Do a search for "Mike Harvey" and "Burlingame" to see what other posters think-- I bought an Integra from it years ago, but have never had any car serviced there.
I use an independent mechanic for maintenance and mods that I don't do myself.
Old 04-18-2007 | 12:01 PM
07 TL Navi AT5

Hi Will,

Yes, the dealer will do it. I am actually trying to find a dealer with good service department. I took it to Los Gatos. They fixed my CD player but broke my sensor... Now, I'll take it back but I am afraid they will break something else this time...
Old 04-18-2007 | 01:50 PM
Registered but harmless

I am actually trying to find a dealer with good service department. I took it to Los Gatos. They fixed my CD player but broke my sensor...
I thought that was what you meant, but was unsure. Take a look at the following:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ern+california
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...rea+california
Maybe the Los Gatos dealer will give you some free oil changes or other freebies for making you come back a second time. G/L!
Old 04-18-2007 | 02:31 PM
5th Gear

Try Honda Hospital, San Mateo

Honda Hospital in San Mateo takes care of Hondas and Acuras. They know about synthetic oil, service bulletins, recalls, and don't hesitate to refer to a dealer for warranty or recall service.

I have had great luck with them for years, first on my 98 Accord, then with other Hondas and now with my TL. Obviously they are for post warranty service unless you have oil changes and other maint., but they are very honest, extremely competent and have never failed to show knowledge and awareness far beyond what I can find on the internet or from other mechanics. I am just a customer, not connected with them in any way
Old 04-18-2007 | 03:17 PM
07 TL Navi AT5

Originally Posted by Will Y.
I thought that was what you meant, but was unsure. Take a look at the following:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ern+california
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...rea+california
Maybe the Los Gatos dealer will give you some free oil changes or other freebies for making you come back a second time. G/L!
I hope they will be decent enough to give me something to show they are sorry. Otherwise I am not going there again.
Old 04-18-2007 | 06:47 PM
07 TL Navi AT5

Actually it was not a broken sensor but the max brightness button was setting the navi brightness to max even if it is in the auto mode... I am ok now exept the rattle in the front center speaker... I guess this is a common problem... Anyway, Los Gatos Acura is not that bad after all