Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to Arbitration Next week with my 2007 TL Base Automatic

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 02:36 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going to Arbitration Next week with my 2007 TL Base Automatic

Main problem is vibration, any suggestions or tips?
Old 03-06-2008, 05:22 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
What the hell are you talking about??
Old 03-06-2008, 06:13 AM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WT, are you going to court for vibration?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:30 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
You need to provide more details on your car, the problem and your case if you want meaningful opinions/tips.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:42 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 216 Likes on 131 Posts
ask your lawyer
Old 03-06-2008, 07:59 AM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
rofl.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:10 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Based on your previous posts, dump the Acura and move on to something else. Although I think you won't be happy with anything short of a Maybach, RR or something hand built.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:46 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My house vibrates when trains go by.

BASTARDS
Old 03-06-2008, 10:57 AM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Old 03-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Black07TL
Main problem is vibration, any suggestions or tips?
Oh really, last time you wanted to file lemon law against Acura for a squeeky window and bad radio reception . Have fun arguing those defects substantially impairs the cars use, value, or safety
Old 03-06-2008, 11:24 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
nothing a glue gun couldn't fix
Old 03-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by riomp300
Oh really, last time you wanted to file lemon law against Acura for a squeeky window and bad radio reception . Have fun arguing those defects substantially impairs the cars use, value, or safety
vibrations throughout the whole cabin, rattles everywhere, the windows were fixed but whenever i roll them up or down it leaves a trail of the tracks. The sub still rattles. 2 speakers by the windshield are blown. 4 tires were replaced by honda and the problem is still there. I lost to BBB because Acura provides funding for them...

my case is very similar to: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...3&page=1&pp=25

my car was out of service 16 days, in for over 4 different repairs over 4 times.

in Florida there has been 30 buybacks through the lemon law:http://myfloridalegal.com/resale.nsf/VINLiabMan

why is everyone so rude here?
Old 03-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by trancemission
ask your lawyer
no lawyer
Old 03-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
no lawyer

No offense or anything, but you will not win in arbitration, you will also lose your appeal if you do attempt to.

Edit: Do people not test drive the vehicle they are about to take delivery on before signing the paperwork?
Old 03-06-2008, 12:02 PM
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS

<<People's Court Music starts playing>> Best of luck to you man.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:12 PM
too many hobbies...

Originally Posted by Fulani has a TL
No offense or anything, but you will not win in arbitration, you will also lose your appeal if you do attempt to.
What are you basing this on?

Originally Posted by Fulani has a TL
Edit: Do people not test drive the vehicle they are about to take delivery on before signing the paperwork?
Based on the other thread the OP listed, not everyone having this problem had it the day they drove the car home.

I think the abruptness of your original post kind of put people off. If you want constructive advice, it's important to lay out the situation. Your original post barely told us anything. That said, I agree that people didn't have to be rude. Just asking for clarification would have sufficed.

Anyway, I have been on your side of the fence, where I sued a motorcycle mfr under the lemon law. We had a settlement hearing, but the mfr and me were worlds apart. We then settled at a later time - I still lost money, and so did the mfr. The lawyers did alright though.

One thing that surprised me was that people always treated me like I was being unreasonable, citing the old lady that won $1M for spilling hot McDonalds coffee on herself. I couldn't believe it, after all I had been through with that damn bike. Mentally, I think most people lump the plaintiff in with all the other BS lawsuits out there. But, when your primary mode of transportation is fukked up, it is a HUGE INCONVENIENCE. The problem is that the mfrs know that and use time against you, hoping you will tire and just pass the problem on (trade-in).

Anyway, don't let the people giving you shiit get to you. If they had persistent problems and had to deal with the BS from the dealers and the mfrs time after time, they wouldn't be so quick to condemn you.

Good luck. This process is never easy...
Old 03-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by pkarandi

Based on the other thread the OP listed, not everyone having this problem had it the day they drove the car home.
Based on previous experience..

The the test drive question was just that a mere question.

To the OP, good luck
Old 03-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by pkarandi

I think the abruptness of your original post kind of put people off. If you want constructive advice, it's important to lay out the situation. Your original post barely told us anything. That said, I agree that people didn't have to be rude. Just asking for clarification would have sufficed.

Anyway, I have been on your side of the fence, where I sued a motorcycle mfr under the lemon law. We had a settlement hearing, but the mfr and me were worlds apart. We then settled at a later time - I still lost money, and so did the mfr. The lawyers did alright though.

One thing that surprised me was that people always treated me like I was being unreasonable, citing the old lady that won $1M for spilling hot McDonalds coffee on herself. I couldn't believe it, after all I had been through with that damn bike. Mentally, I think most people lump the plaintiff in with all the other BS lawsuits out there. But, when your primary mode of transportation is fukked up, it is a HUGE INCONVENIENCE. The problem is that the mfrs know that and use time against you, hoping you will tire and just pass the problem on (trade-in).

Anyway, don't let the people giving you shiit get to you. If they had persistent problems and had to deal with the BS from the dealers and the mfrs time after time, they wouldn't be so quick to condemn you.

Good luck. This process is never easy...

appreciate it i guess ill make another post with the details first
Old 03-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Advanced

BUY BACK DOCUMENTS FROM LEMON LAW ACURA TL FLORIDA BUY BACKS!Going to Trial next week

Look at these florida buy backs i have uploaded.

PEOPLE GOT THEIR CARS BOUGHT BACK BECAUSE OF THEIR HANDS FREE LINK BEING MESSED UP!

PLEASE DO NOT JUDGE, ONLY HELP OR ADVICE

here is the link to over 30 Acura TL's 2004-2007 that have been bought back in the state of FLORIDA due to being a lemon

6 of them are Vibration + rattles

florida lemon law buy backs acura tls.pdf - 0.67MB

My situation is vibrations throughout the whole cabin, rattles everywhere, the windows were fixed but whenever i roll them up or down it leaves a trail of the tracks. The sub still rattles. 2 speakers by the windshield are blown. 4 tires were replaced by honda and the problem is still there. I lost to BBB because Acura provides funding for them...

my case is very similar to: https://acurazine.com/forums/show...33&page=1&pp=25

my car was out of service 16 days, in for over 4 different repairs over 4 times.

in Florida there has been 30 buybacks through the lemon law:http://myfloridalegal.com/resale.nsf/VINLiabMan

Old 03-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 216 Likes on 131 Posts
I dont think anybody was rude here. You gotta give to get.

Honestly, I dont care when someone complains about rattles. Thats just me. Ive got bigger things in life to worry about.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:19 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Now this is a better post where you could of done this at your other post.

And no one is being rude.

You think people can read your mind by reading your one liner at your other post?
Old 03-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Acuras Only in

Good luck dude ... I know you are tired of this BS but we are not your enemy here .... keep us posted as what will go down in this hearing ...
Old 03-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Racer

this case will be tough to argue IMHO. Usually, problems have to be more severe in order for manufacturer to buy back. You have been driving the car for over a year, which adds more against your claim.

All of the issues you had listed from the outside seem like anything major that can not be solved or lived with. Heck, 2 out of 3 TLs on here have rattles, and mine does the same.

Not one vehicle will have its own character, including Acura, believe it or not. perhaps you just don't like it much and just want to get your money back, but prepare for a tough battle. You may be better off just trading it in ASAP to avoid further depreciation.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kostyan
this case will be tough to argue IMHO. Usually, problems have to be more severe in order for manufacturer to buy back. You have been driving the car for over a year, which adds more against your claim.

All of the issues you had listed from the outside seem like anything major that can not be solved or lived with. Heck, 2 out of 3 TLs on here have rattles, and mine does the same.

Not one vehicle will have its own character, including Acura, believe it or not. perhaps you just don't like it much and just want to get your money back, but prepare for a tough battle. You may be better off just trading it in ASAP to avoid further depreciation.
less than a year, 10 months, I started the case in August which is 4 months in since when I purchased the car

if you look closely at the the buy backs posted above.., I dont believe it will be hard. Especially that the recalls that just came in the news... 100% recalls on a car is not a good look!

I am using that as evidence to show that this car is a defected car and the only probable reason they didnt care to fix or solve the issue is because they sell so much, so they characterized it as a NORMAL characteristic of the car.

The problem most of us are having is called "HARMONIC VIBRATIONS"
Old 03-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Has anyone looked at those documents? One of them says "Outside temperature Gauge Inaccurate".

If that's a reason for a buyback then everyone would be demanding a new car. Something doesn't seem right here.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by KN_TL
Has anyone looked at those documents? One of them says "Outside temperature Gauge Inaccurate".

If that's a reason for a buyback then everyone would be demanding a new car. Something doesn't seem right here.
bro this is what im trying to say, its not as hard as yall are making it out to be,

for godsake ... someone got a buyback due to a blue tooth malfunction wtfff

also check the one for rattles and spots in the paint...
Old 03-06-2008, 09:56 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
i would HIGHLY recommend a lawyer...

You should see my service record at Acura of Lynnwood...it's like 4 inches thick...
I feel your pain man...

GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by erick3

You should see my service record at Acura of Lynnwood...it's like 4 inches thick...
I feel your pain man...

GOOD LUCK!!!
the lawyer I had in mind told me that its better to go alone, but if I lose to call him again so we can go at them for cash???
Old 03-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Originally Posted by KN_TL

Damn... if that's really the whole truth withouta bunch of extra bull to deal with...

Don't get me wrong - I love my car to death. But damn - If I could sell it back for the 32k I paid for it - it would be gone in a heartbeat and I would be back to driving an SUV.

I miss hauling stuff
Old 03-06-2008, 11:29 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by erick3

I feel your pain man...

GOOD LUCK!!!
I need to find someone on here that has been to one...
Old 03-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Racer

I need to find someone on here that has been to one...

whats a "harmonic vibration"? After Honda replaced the tires, do you have it written on a paper that this defect still persists and can not be fixed? What about asking the dealer to temporarily swap the wheels and tires from any other TL on the lot without this problem, and going from there?

When I was buying my car (it was brand new), I asked the dealer to let me test drive it. It had a weird vibration which appeared at 50 mph+. I just simply refused to buy this one and demanded they pull another one from their lot, and after test driving that, made sure it doesnt have this problem, and this is the one I am currently driving. This will be a lesson to you to test drive anything before you buy.

Not to rain on the parade but look bro Acura got lawyers up theirs. You def. should try to do this on your own first, but if that doesnt work dont even bother spending $ for hiring a lawyer because it will cost you more. Dump your car for another one. A clean 07 TL will fetch high 20's, and it is ok to loose a few grand in the first year of depreciation. Doing that instead of getting a lawyer at 350/hr is better because under terms of arbitration, there may be no excess invconvenience costs and very limited legal fees reimbursemernt, so you may come out even worse.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:22 AM
B A N N E D

whats a "harmonic vibration"? After Honda replaced the tires, do you have it written on a paper that this defect still persists and can not be fixed? What about asking the dealer to temporarily swap the wheels and tires from any other TL on the lot without this problem, and going from there?

When I was buying my car (it was brand new), I asked the dealer to let me test drive it. It had a weird vibration which appeared at 50 mph+. I just simply refused to buy this one and demanded they pull another one from their lot, and after test driving that, made sure it doesnt have this problem, and this is the one I am currently driving. This will be a lesson to you to test drive anything before you buy.

Not to rain on the parade but look bro Acura got lawyers up theirs. You def. should try to do this on your own first, but if that doesnt work dont even bother spending $ for hiring a lawyer because it will cost you more. Dump your car for another one. A clean 07 TL will fetch high 20's, and it is ok to loose a few grand in the first year of depreciation. Doing that instead of getting a lawyer at 350/hr is better because under terms of arbitration, there may be no excess invconvenience costs and very limited legal fees reimbursemernt, so you may come out even worse.
God has spoken
Old 03-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Advanced

Of course their going to say its normal. As soon as the tires were replace the steering wheel was shaking like crazy!

The service manager was in shock like turn this around we gotta work on it some more.

I was like wtf...

http://www.zshare.net/download/85753367d3eecf/

^ if you download that pdf file and look at all the buybacks in florida you shall see that there are very stupid reasons such as "blue tooth malfunction"

I dont see almost everybody on here is so negative. Maybe half of yall work for Acura haha
Old 03-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Igor911
God has spoken

Igg go back to installing MP3 player into your moms RX lol
Old 03-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Advanced

Documents of 30 Acura TL's that Have been Bought back Through the Lemon Law Process

The most scariest one is "no start"

The funniest one is "blue tooth malfunction"

http://www.zshare.net/download/85753367d3eecf/
Old 03-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Morbid

This will be a lesson to you to test drive anything before you buy.
Just because you test drive something does not mean you’ll experience whatever problem it has at the time of the drive.

I test drove the car that I bought, 07 TL Nav, during the test drive it did not rattle. After about a week or two the center speaker in the dash above the clock started to rattle.

Test driving is more for how a car feels, performs, give ride comfort. You really won’t find out about the rattles or other small annoyances until you have been driving long enough to become fully acclimated with the car after hours of driving, those hours being driving back and forth from work and leisure over smooth roads and bumpy roads.

All that to say, always test drive, but do not expect to find out about the cars annoyances until you research it. Had I read stuff on AZ before even going to the stealership I would have bought a Lexus......But I still like my TL.

Old 03-07-2008, 03:04 PM
steeez

goodluck

gl on your hearing man. not sure if you caught this cause you asked how he won his case in the thread you posted saying you had a similar case..

Originally Posted by peaches79
I forgot to give the main points of my argument:

1. All four tires were replaced and the problem was still there.

---This was one of my arguments because Honda had tried to tell me that the tires were the issue, and they also used that argument, and only that argument in the hearing. They said nothing about it being a characteristic of the car (which is what they tried to tell me after they found out I was pursing my complaint to the BBB auto line and went on to tell me they would not do anything else for me)

2. Multiple repairs for same problem can hurt resale value of car
----I used this as an argument because with lemon law cases you need to be able to show that the problem can affect the value of the car. I stated that due to all of the repairs for the same issue that it would be on carfax for everyone to see and who would buy a car that has an issue that has been there from day 1. I wouldn't

3.Safety issue
----This was used also because of the way the lemon law works. You need to be able to show or argue that ones safety is at risk due to the problem/defect. My argument was that since the problem still existed after four tire replacements, and Honda's argument was that it was the tires causing the problem, I was concerned for my safety and the safety of people in my car since no one was able to pin point the exact cause of the vibration or even tried to look for other causes. (also they tried to argue that Honda does customer a favor by putting tires on cars before they sell them and that I needed to take my complaint up with the tire manufacturer)

4. Depending on the state the lemon law can be a lil different. I'm in Ohio so one of my arguments was the number of repair attempts to fix. In Ohio if the car has been subject to 3 or more repair attempts for the same non conformity then it falls under the Ohio Lemon law. Mine had 4 repair attempts with the first repair being 3 days after I drove it off the lot.

Those are the main points I made in my hearing. Honda had nothing. They just tried to say the entire time that it was the tires. They had nothing to back their claim.
if your cars that bad i hope you win. acura does need to clean up their act from a lot of the bs i read about how they take care of situations where they car is actually bad.. they just kind of tell you "dont trip theres nothing wrong keep driving it"
Old 03-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Advanced

Old 03-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Advanced

Old 03-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Advanced

Quick Reply: Going to Arbitration Next week with my 2007 TL Base Automatic