Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to Arbitration Next week with my 2007 TL Base Automatic

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 05:19 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black07TL
vibrations throughout the whole cabin, rattles everywhere, the windows were fixed but whenever i roll them up or down it leaves a trail of the tracks. The sub still rattles. 2 speakers by the windshield are blown. 4 tires were replaced by honda and the problem is still there. I lost to BBB because Acura provides funding for them...

my case is very similar to: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...3&page=1&pp=25

my car was out of service 16 days, in for over 4 different repairs over 4 times.

in Florida there has been 30 buybacks through the lemon law:http://myfloridalegal.com/resale.nsf/VINLiabMan

why is everyone so rude here?
Sorry, the the fact you blew your own speakers is not a viable excuse for a Lemon claim. Shesh, the NERVE of SOME people! Windows leaving "tracks"? What "kind" of 'tracks'? Do you mean that after you wash it, there are streaks on the windows? If so, of COURSE there are 'tracks' on the TL as with ANY car. You have bent rims (I guess you hit a pot hole) and it doesn't matter HOW MANY sets of tires you put on it, it's still gonna vibrate. You lost in you BBB efforts because you DESERVED to loose, not because of any "funding" by Acura. Your OBVIOUSLY just a guy who has probably always gotten his own way (even when that wasn't right, mommy and daddy probably covered for you). Grow up and live with your decisions. Just because you decided AFTER you bought the car (buyers remorse) that you would RATHER own something else doesn't mean that ANYBODY has to accommodate you. Grow UP!
Old 03-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Igor911
It's actually a pretty simple process with the BBB.

You simply just fill out the appropriate form on their website. They will then submit your information to Acura Corporate and also prepare a packet to be mailed to you with necessary forms/documentation. You then fill-out all of the necessary information and submit your service records back to the BBB. The BBB then notifies the special department over at Acura and they will start the case from there-on. You will then be notified later on by either the BBB, Acura Corp. or both with an outcome of your situation. Sometimes these cases are solved out of court and sometimes you will have to go and present your case in front of a judge. They will hold your hand throughout the entire process.

Sit tight and good luck.

BBB tends to be on the car company's side due to them funding them in the first place
Old 03-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Advanced

I was looking through documents and from the get-go, they reported my car as abused***, but they did the inspection and did not post that anywhere... i think this is going to nail them
Old 03-11-2008, 11:18 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

I was looking through documents and from the get-go, they reported my car as abused***, but they did the inspection and did not post that anywhere... i think this is going to nail them
Where EXACTLY did they list you car as ABUSED? Doesn't sound like it's in the inspection documentation so what other documentation is there?
Old 03-12-2008, 12:40 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ndabunka
Where EXACTLY did they list you car as ABUSED? Doesn't sound like it's in the inspection documentation so what other documentation is there?
when the lawyer sent their copies of the forms to me for the witnesses, + people that will be present there .... its checked off as "abuse" for the reason the car is doing what its doing.... I will scan it tomorrow... on the inspection they did 2 weeks ago it says nowhere that the car was abused lol... I THINK I GOT EM!!!!!
Old 03-12-2008, 02:38 AM
71Q

dam u only lost 1k after 30k miles!! u got really lucky!!

i have about 25k if they offer me a type s with a special warrenty ill take it

other than that i rather boost my credit take the money back and buy a used gs-300

I hear ya. If you can, take your money and run. I know it's taboo around here, but if I had a choice, I would haul my ass to a Lexus dealer and go get a new LS460L.
I have been thinking hard about an IS-f. At least if those cars suck, the dealer will actually take care of you when something goes wrong. My TL kinda sucks, and they dont give a shit.
My friend has a 99 gs300, not a damn problem with it, and the dealer treats it like it is a brand new car, every time he goes in there!

Good luck man, i suppose i got lucky, even though i didnt get to drive the F250 for 6 months out of 1.5 years. Hopefully they can set you free! At least the TL-s would be more for your money, i wish i could get acura to buy my car back. I dont think i could handle buying an RL for 55 or so thousand, and getting treated like i am. Its BS.

Again, good luck to you, hope it all works out!
Old 03-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 722ish
I hear ya. If you can, take your money and run. I know it's taboo around here, but if I had a choice, I would haul my ass to a Lexus dealer and go get a new LS460L.
I have been thinking hard about an IS-f. At least if those cars suck, the dealer will actually take care of you when something goes wrong. My TL kinda sucks, and they dont give a shit.
My friend has a 99 gs300, not a damn problem with it, and the dealer treats it like it is a brand new car, every time he goes in there!

Good luck man, i suppose i got lucky, even though i didnt get to drive the F250 for 6 months out of 1.5 years. Hopefully they can set you free! At least the TL-s would be more for your money, i wish i could get acura to buy my car back. I dont think i could handle buying an RL for 55 or so thousand, and getting treated like i am. Its BS.

Again, good luck to you, hope it all works out!
thank you bro, tomorrow is the set date, I love the old gs-300... i swear to god i might just buy a used 2002 loaded... lol

if they offer me the type s with a cash settlement that would be lovely lol

i can dream right?

anybody with any tips before the big day...
Old 03-12-2008, 05:53 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

anybody with any tips before the big day...

Just be as organized and professional as you can.

State your case with facts and as little emotion as you can. Many times going into the whole "a huge amount of TL's are like this" argument is not a good approach. State your case using your car, your issues, and your personal reasons for wanting out and why Acura should accommodate. Safety, loss of value, continuing loss of use and poor ownership experience etc. are areas to focus on - and in that precedence. Hopefully you already have an outline of what your going to say and present.

Best of luck!
Old 03-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Advanced

I will check messages tomorrow morning, so if u wanna leave more tips go ahead. i will let everybody know how it went, Goodnight thank you all
Old 03-13-2008, 12:32 AM
Advanced

1.Two tires were replaced and the problem was still there.
---They said nothing about it being a characteristic of the car at the time of the final repair. (which is what they tried to tell me after they found out I was pursing my complaint to the BBB auto line)

2. Multiple repairs for same problem can obviously hurt resale value of the car.
----Due to all of the repairs for the same issues it would be on carfax for everyone to see and who would buy a car that has had issues that has been there from the beginning of the cars purchase. I wouldn't

3.Safety issue
----Since the problem still existed after two tire replacements, and Acura's argument was that it was the tires causing the problem, I am concerned for my safety and the safety of people in my car since no one was able to pin point the exact cause of the vibration or even tried to look for other causes.

4.Florida Lemon Law
----In Florida if the car has been subject to 3 or more repair attempts for the same problem or 15 days out of service then it falls under the Florida Lemon law. Mine has had over 3 repair attempts for 4 different problems with the first repair being two months after I drove the car off the lot. Not to mention 17 days out of service.

My entire car vibrates at 60 MPH+. The vibrations put extra stress on my hands and back. Over long periods of driving this adds soreness on my back because the seat is constantly shaking and makes my hands sore due to the constant vibrations felt on the steering wheel. This wears me out and makes me very tired driving which is a big safety issue. I've never expected a car that costs 36K to do this. This particular Acura that I bought must have come from a factory that has been making poor quality TL's. The rattles are consistant,than for some weird reason come and go as they please. They have not been fixed after many repair attempts. They drive me nuts and always make me question the reliability of the car. The windows are not making the noise anymore since the service manager sprayed lubricant inside the door which I might add was after the final inspection but never documented due to him not following procedure as usual servicing would. Now that same lubricant he put so much of trying to cover up the problem is leaving streaks up and down the windows as I use them regualarly. The sub-woofer still rattles as if it is loose. The rattles from the front end of the cabin are still present. The front 2 speakers primarly used for bluetooth voice are distorted or blown and were not replaced as they were suppose to be.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:15 AM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
honestly... all TL's vibrate at 55-65 mph in top gear... it is a normal characteristic, ive grown used to i

one thing though man... dont get me wrong, i love the toyota aristo...(gs300)

but i bet that cars probably gonna rattle and squeak more, and then you've got no warranty on it. there is no way you would get an 02 from a dealer with a warranty or much of a warranty left.... my
Old 03-13-2008, 02:20 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
honestly... all TL's vibrate at 55-65 mph in top gear... it is a normal characteristic, ive grown used to i

one thing though man... dont get me wrong, i love the toyota aristo...(gs300)

but i bet that cars probably gonna rattle and squeak more, and then you've got no warranty on it. there is no way you would get an 02 from a dealer with a warranty or much of a warranty left.... my
http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SN/B071200.PDF

This is why there is a fix, but it seems there fix does not seem to work since my car is still having vibrations...

Old 03-13-2008, 12:27 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
honestly... all TL's vibrate at 55-65 mph in top gear... it is a normal characteristic.

The only time I have any vibrations in my 04 is over ~78mph. Mines as smooth as melted butter at 55-65 thanks to the PS2s (and I'm a picky SOB when it comes to vibrations). They need balanced again yet I am due for new tires next month - and normally don't drive over 75 given my commute.

Good luck Black07
Old 03-13-2008, 03:15 PM
B A N N E D

Can't wait to hear the outcome of your case
Old 03-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Advanced

the hearing went well until the test drive,... the technical so called inspector was one of the mediators and said he felt a slight vibration and saw the glove box shaking, the other clueless nothing for brains woman just agreed to everything he said, the blonde lady "main mediator" was so convinced that its not a safety issue but its there........

The Attorney General has not yet finalized the decision ... I shut them up with the number of buybacks with the same problems of mine... im kinda hoping i lose so i can sue but at the same time i didnt know this was going to be almost the exact same b/s as the BBB autoline ... what can you expect out the the hellzone Jacksonville, Florida....

Whats funny is they never even took the time to listen to the rattles or the radio correctly, the lady didnt even know what bluetooth was... wtf

this is sad

i will add more when i wake up im tired

but theres more details to come
Old 03-15-2008, 03:50 AM
71Q

oh man.. that sounds like it sucks so far.

its a shame the people checking the cars dont know an ass from an elbow.

hopefully it all pans out, ive been checking this thread to see what happens!
Old 03-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
And then there was silence.......

Old 03-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No shit.

HEY - RIP VAN WINKLE - YOU UP YET????

Posts on here 20 times a day about how he's gonna win, and he goes to arbitration and now we don't hear from him for a week.

Maybe he got whacked? lol
Old 03-18-2008, 12:44 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by GLowrdr
No shit.

HEY - RIP VAN WINKLE - YOU UP YET????

Posts on here 20 times a day about how he's gonna win, and he goes to arbitration and now we don't hear from him for a week.

Maybe he got whacked? lol
Acura must have sent a Hit Man after him :lol:
Old 03-18-2008, 06:56 PM
WDP Director of R & D

It's obvious you guys have little knowledge about this type of arbitration, otherwise you would know it can take anywhere from two-four weeks to receive the ruling etc..

Be patient grasshopper...

:-)
Old 03-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by KJSmitty
It's obvious you guys have little knowledge about this type of arbitration, otherwise you would know it can take anywhere from two-four weeks to receive the ruling etc..

Be patient grasshopper...

:-)
what he said
Old 03-18-2008, 09:12 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i will add more when i wake up im tired

but theres more details to come
Ok ok.... I guess we'll have to wait. But I'm only asking cause Black07TL made me
Old 04-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Racer

Black07TL. Been about a month since your hearing. Any word yet? Hoping for the best for you.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Instructor

What kind of getaway car do you think Acura used when they wacked him? Sounds like auspicous beginnings and a tragic end. I wonder if it vibrates at 60 mph with a body in the trunk and he can't use bluetooth to communicate with the kidnappers.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by jcondon
Black07TL. Been about a month since your hearing. Any word yet? Hoping for the best for you.

Considering the fact that his last logon was March 20, 2008. I got a slight feeling that he fell through in his battle.

Originally Posted by dejavecu
What kind of getaway car do you think Acura used when they wacked him? Sounds like auspicous beginnings and a tragic end. I wonder if it vibrates at 60 mph with a body in the trunk and he can't use bluetooth to communicate with the kidnappers.

HAHAHAHAHA. Maybe it would absorb some of the vibrations
Old 04-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Instructor

Yep this thread is dead
Old 04-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Pro

Sell your car to a Canadian! You should get your money back and then some. From my understanding even though the Canada looney is worth basically the same as the dollar now they still pay more for their cars in Canada. Ahh I'm sure someone from Canada could better explain this.

D
Old 04-26-2008, 05:43 PM
ROFLCOPTER!

I love this thread. Great reading! I want to know what happened in the end!
Old 04-26-2008, 05:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
what happened black07tl ... im so curious to know!!!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:53 AM
Pro

Just a revival. I doubt if anything good resulted from this case for black07tl
Old 06-20-2008, 11:14 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds like he apparently didn't win and doesn't wanna look like a douche since he was so confident that he'll win. Stupid crybaby emo boy needs to dye his hair black, wear eyeliner, girls jeans, and slit his wrists. IMHO you sound like you need to sell your car because you can't handle it. Go cry to momma and tell her to buy you something a little more your pace. A Geo Metro!!! Pull that string between your legs, wipe your vagina and fix the fuckin car!!

What is it with kids these days...Bunch of fuckin whiners

http://www.floridafail.com/
Old 06-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
^
Please dont post links to some website that you can't see anything unless you register. I'm not registering for your crappy website so you have now completely wasted 30 seconds of my life. I want it back.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^^
lol...it's a florida drifting forum...has nothing to do with a tl or it's ownership...it's more of a slap in the face to black07tl...his ridiculious statements is proof enough that everyone from florida FAILS...hence floridafail.com

sorry was just a joke...hahaha...didn't mean to waste your time...

am I forgiven???
Old 01-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CSWBiggs
^^^^
lol...it's a florida drifting forum...has nothing to do with a tl or it's ownership...it's more of a slap in the face to black07tl...his ridiculious statements is proof enough that everyone from florida FAILS...hence floridafail.com

sorry was just a joke...hahaha...didn't mean to waste your time...

am I forgiven???

I am back,...... lol your funny, anyways the decision was as you all can tell a NO to the refund so I hired a consumers lawyer to take the case. He took it right away. The only thing I had to pay for was for a private inspection (200$) for my end of the case. The inspector did feel the vibration and was disappointed in Acura for selling a brand new car with all these defects. The deposition and inspection from Acura is in early February. As you all know I have taken the long road of the process and will hope for the best. thanks for all the positive feedback and for those that have this similar problem I hope you fight as I am still fighting 10 months later.

any questions please ask.

p.s

The funny thing about this is that I ran into an Acura mechanic in a lounge a couple days ago (he still had his acura hat on). I walked up to him and asked him about the TL's rattles and vibrations problem and why Acura lies about them being normal characteristics of the car... His response was that Acura does not pay them to sit there and find the problem causing the vibrations or the rattles and that EVERY TL has a different rattle location and vibration. They do not know what causes it... THIS IS THE GOD HONEST TRUTH PEOPLE!
Old 01-07-2009, 03:01 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 435 Likes on 320 Posts
I am back,...... lol your funny, anyways the decision was as you all can tell a NO to the refund so I hired a consumers lawyer to take the case. He took it right away. The only thing I had to pay for was for a private inspection (200$) for my end of the case. The inspector did feel the vibration and was disappointed in Acura for selling a brand new car with all these defects. The deposition and inspection from Acura is in early February. As you all know I have taken the long road of the process and will hope for the best. thanks for all the positive feedback and for those that have this similar problem I hope you fight as I am still fighting 10 months later.

any questions please ask.

p.s

The funny thing about this is that I ran into an Acura mechanic in a lounge a couple days ago (he still had his acura hat on). I walked up to him and asked him about the TL's rattles and vibrations problem and why Acura lies about them being normal characteristics of the car... His response was that Acura does not pay them to sit there and find the problem causing the vibrations or the rattles and that EVERY TL has a different rattle location and vibration. They do not know what causes it... THIS IS THE GOD HONEST TRUTH PEOPLE!
First of all, I find it funny that you respond to this thread months later trying to prove a point. Second, you're probably lying your ass off. After your attempt for arbitration, which failed, lets hire a lawyer xx months later to argue again! You're probably a terrible driver or did something wrong to your car yourself. You must go to one corrupted dealership or you're lying. And I like how each arbitration or letter for confirmation for buy-back from the lemon law has different or non-similar signatures on the bluetooth issue and the outside gauge problem, funny how they don't accept such a "big issue" like yours but a small problem on them, seems fake. You can keep hiring a lawyer, you'll probably lose anyways and point out that you won on the forums. Acura may have problems, but none that can't be fixed. You need to widen your choices and options. You should stop taking it to that ONE dealership that you fix it and try another one. I seriously doubt that you're having this problem, or anyone else, because I bet all of you are not using your car properly or abusing it some way, if not, it can be easily fixed from Acura. My family owned Acuras for over 10 years, this including Acuras from Florida, Louisiana, Arizona, Texas, California, New York, Wyoming, Oklahoma, etc.. (I have a lot of cousins/family with Acuras, you can say we love them), and yes they had problems but were easily solved with PATIENCE. No car is made perfect, not even Lexus, BMW, Toyotas, Hondas, RR, Mazzerati, Benz, Audi, etc... You could've just complainted to the GM of the dealership and asked it to be fixed (in a serious, eduacated manner) and it would've been fixed. You're just to hesitant, impatience, and ignorant to do it the right way instead you wanted to do it the quick, easy, and corrupted way which ended a failure on your part.

Thanks, come again.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:09 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 435 Likes on 320 Posts
People like you make me laugh. You spend so much time complaining on the forums instead of finding a solution. You spend time so much time thinking you're going to sue or "lemon-law" your vehicle instead of fixing your problem.

Why don't you use your head and consistently contact/email/call Acura. Talk to the GM of your Acura dealership. Contact Acura main department. File complaints to Acura. Bring your car to another dealership. Bring it to another mechanic (local, trusted) to see what is the problem and if he finds it tell Acura and make them fix it.

Instead of doing those above (I bet it will be fixed if you attempted to do any of those) you complain and get angry of a NOT-PERFECT built car. You make it like you bought a 100K+ vehicle, yes it's still money, but you can't find any car like a TL.

Quality + Longetivity + Looks = Acura TL

God give me back 10 minutes of my life back for reading your dumb posts.

GOOD NIGHT

Last edited by TheChamp531; 01-07-2009 at 03:11 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:44 AM
Be kind to us truckers !

Check & tighten all your lugs,check air pressure again !....these stock michelins MXV4 , ride like shit when theyer "COLD"...even shittier when cold and on a shitty roads, semi-soft compound tires will cause vibration!....my wifes CONTI'S on her BMW do it also , and on the same spot on the same road/street!
Old 01-07-2009, 07:34 AM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Fulani has a TL
No offense or anything, but you will not win in arbitration, you will also lose your appeal if you do attempt to.

Edit: Do people not test drive the vehicle they are about to take delivery on before signing the paperwork?
i guess i am guilty of that, i bought my last 4 cars without even so much as a spin around the block...i guess i better start doing that....
Old 01-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TheChamp531
People like you make me laugh. You spend so much time complaining on the forums instead of finding a solution. You spend time so much time thinking you're going to sue or "lemon-law" your vehicle instead of fixing your problem.

Why don't you use your head and consistently contact/email/call Acura. Talk to the GM of your Acura dealership. Contact Acura main department. File complaints to Acura. Bring your car to another dealership. Bring it to another mechanic (local, trusted) to see what is the problem and if he finds it tell Acura and make them fix it.

Instead of doing those above (I bet it will be fixed if you attempted to do any of those) you complain and get angry of a NOT-PERFECT built car. You make it like you bought a 100K+ vehicle, yes it's still money, but you can't find any car like a TL.

Quality + Longetivity + Looks = Acura TL

God give me back 10 minutes of my life back for reading your dumb posts.

GOOD NIGHT
You think I haven't done all of that? LOL @ the documents being fake ... ITS emailed straight from the attorney generals office in Tallahassee, Florida. You must be a Acura stan. Why would I lie? What do I have to gain from lying? Honda sent me a shitty 2,500 settlement offer just a couple weeks ago... What does that tell you? YOU are the ignorant one because you think just because all your friends and family have so called "PERFECT" Acuras that nobody else can have an Acura that's defected? Your blinded by the brand... makes me think you work for these assholes...

ACURA DISGUISES THE PROBLEM AS A NORMAL CHARACTERISTIC OF THE CAR. WHICH IS B/S ... My mothers 2000 Ex Honda Accord GIVES A BETTER RIDE.

I took it to TWO dealerships in my local, ORANGE PARK ACURA + DUVAL ACURA in Jacksonville, Florida
Old 01-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,015 Likes on 1,434 Posts
BlackTL, do you still have the issues with your car? If yes, can you please list them. Also are you close to Sanford FL? If yes, I might be able to get you help with getting the problems resolved.

Quick Reply: Going to Arbitration Next week with my 2007 TL Base Automatic