3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which color should I get?
Nighthawk Black Pearl
51.11%
Anthracite Metallic
48.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Getting TL Tomorrow! NBP or AM!? Can't decide on color!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 01:23 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting TL Tomorrow! NBP or AM!? Can't decide on color!

Hey everyone! Well, I've decided to get the TL instead of the other cars I was looking at. I just offers the best balance of sportiness, luxury, features, and value. I will more than likely be buying the car tomorrow. One problem, I can't decide on color!

They just got two TL 5AT w/ NAVI off of the truck today. Both have Ebony interior, which is what I want. One is NBP and the other is Anthracite. I at first wanted anthracite because I think it's a great color and it shows off the lines of the TL well. But, I was up there with my fiance' and she really liked the Black. I've always liked Black cars, but I know they are a pain to keep clean. However, my current car is a BMW that is Steel Gray Metallic, which is very similar to Anthracite, so it would be nice to change. I'm just not sure if the Black shows the lines of the car as well. But the black does look really elegant and classy. Anyway, I can't decide! I would appreciate any input from ABP and AM owners, or non-NBP and non-AM owners who prefer one of those over the other!

Thanks!
-Brandon
Old 08-04-2004, 02:23 AM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
If you dont mind the higher maintenance of black, it cant be beat.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:42 AM
Racer

I love black, but after owning a black Acura for 10 years I would never buy another one - way too much maintenance. I bought an AM this year and I tell you, the color is gorgeous.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:46 AM
Instructor

Currently own a NBP, and it looks outstanding. Previous car was an AM second generation (Type S). Agreed that AM looks very good, but the black is outstanding...just requires a little more cleaning time.

You really can't go wrong with either color, though. Good luck!
Old 08-04-2004, 06:53 AM
Advanced

Zaino makes NBP feasible!

I've been reluctant as well as attracted by black paint for years. Although I have yet to get through a salty winter here in upstate NY (when the roads are rarely 100% dry), I think the Zaino car polish makes upkeep of black shine far easier than any other product I've seen. With very little polishing, Zaino imparts virtually none of the swirl marks that can make black look terrible. (It can't fix the rock scrapes on my hood, but that's another thread).

Anthracite is beautiful too, but black for me is perfect for this car. (Though interestingly, according to my wife, black is not well suited for many cars, esp. smaller ones. She points out Porsches and Civics as examples of this!).
Old 08-04-2004, 08:47 AM
Instructor

Hmm, it's so hard to decide!

One thing I like about AM, is that it seems to show the lines of the TL off better. With black, you can't see the lines as well.

Also, which color looks better dirty? Black gets dirty easy and doesn't look great, but AM can also be pretty dull when its dirty. Opinions?

Thanks for the responses so far!
-Brandon
Old 08-04-2004, 08:55 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
My Anthracite TL looks MUCH better when it's dirty than my Saab 9-3 Vert which is black......there's no comparison.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
NBP is nice. Its the best choice IMO, but it is also the hardest to maintain.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Advanced

Hey Brandon, hands-down... a Black car cannot be beat when it's cleaned up good and taken care of. I currently have a 3.2CL Type S (until i trade it in on the new TL) and it's black and even though it's a beast to keep clean, when i do clean it up it cannot be beaten. It all depends on what type of person you are. If you're like me, then you love to wash your car every week (not unless you know it's going to rain) and you enjoy doing it b/c you like for your stuff to be clean and well taken care of. Also don't forget the fact that it's a FREAKIN' 04TL for GOD'S SAKE!!!!! I'd wash it every chance i got just for that reason a lone. But seriously, if you're not one to wash your car like every week and is the lazy type when it comes to doing it, then your best bet would definitely be Antracite. HOWEvER... if you're like me.... I'm going with the Nighthawk Black Pearl.

Oh and another reason is b/c i'm not crazy about ebony int. b/c it could definitely get too hot inside. That's another reason why i wouldn't go w/ Anthracite b/c that's the ONLY int. that looks good to me. With NBP you have 2 other options... Camel and/or Parchment. But again that's my 2 cents. Hope it helps.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:33 PM
7th Gear

I agree with pinito 100%. Two black cars have taught me (apparently I'm not smart enough to learn after one) that as beautiful as black is when it's clean, it doesn't stay that way for long. And you can wax and polisg as carefully as you want; swirl marks are inevitable. Go with the AM. I did and I love it.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:47 PM
You touch my tra la la...

I voted NBP because its a sexy color and I see WAYYYY too many AM TLs on the road.