Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 05:31 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
That truck reminds me of
Well uhhh you know. mi lamo juan

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
hmmm....here's what I got, although I think your car would fall under "outstanding" for condition....Why is there such a difference in the mileage deduction???
I do not see where I'm missing the "loophole" for mileage. Everytime I do it, it keeps giving me the same thing. According to my agent, they do not go by NADA or KBB or anything. They factor in how long I've owned the car, how much/if I owe on the car, yaddi yaddi..

Originally Posted by justnspace
hey john,
dont get to buddy buddy with the mazda/mini truckin forums, k?
:gheylaugh: too late!

Originally Posted by WhiteBB2
glad all is well!
Thanks man!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:16 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
thats a total loss.... TL is a safe car, eh?

i put my 06 TL into a concrete wall, head on, a few years ago. i've since bought 3 more TLs
Old 12-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
thats a total loss.... TL is a safe car, eh?

i put my 06 TL into a concrete wall, head on, a few years ago. i've since bought 3 more TLs
Hopefully they rest them don't end up in concrete walls,

AMUA6 anymore news?
Old 12-30-2010, 08:42 AM
ScoobyZINE

I had actually forgot about this thread with the holidays happening and the loss of a family member.

I got 13,300 for the TL so techincally $14,300 not counting my deductible. I paid the car off and walked away with ~$3000. Don't think I came out TOO bad.

It has been almost a month and there isn't a time that I do not miss my car, especially after driving the mini truck everyday. Although I miss my car so much, I am not sure if I will get another TL or what I'll get, if anything for that matter.

I'm not gonna lie, I am enjoying the hell out of no car payment! I'm getting to rebuild my bike (finally) for the upcoming season and spend money on shit I couldn't when I had a car note. My patience will eventually run thin and I'll pick up something Leaning back to a truck/SUV now.. Sierra Denali, Yukon Denali, Z71 Tahoe, something on those lines.

I will continue to update this thread
Old 12-30-2010, 08:45 AM

Received 16,265 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Also hope that you wont be a stranger!!!

good luck with everything, John.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:57 AM
ScoobyZINE

Thanks Justin! I still lurk around and post, I love this forum lol I feel ghey when I say that :gheylaugh:
Old 12-30-2010, 09:15 AM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
Then I'd say $13-$15K (includes state tax)...
Originally Posted by AMUA6
I had actually forgot about this thread with the holidays happening and the loss of a family member.

I got 13,300 for the TL so techincally $14,300 not counting my deductible. I paid the car off and walked away with ~$3000. Don't think I came out TOO bad.
Who ever said that Edmunds wasn't an accurate determiner of retail prices was wrong. Good deal, glad it's all settled for you. Was that their first offer or did you have to dicker with them?

Yeah, no payments, especially the size required for a 30K+ car is niiiiice! Hope you stick around and at sometime find yourself back in the "family".
Old 12-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Definitely would like to see you back in the Acura family. Keep us posted and what do you have for a bike?
Old 12-30-2010, 10:13 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
happened to my husband a few months ago-he was driving our 05 hyundai elantra with new tires (recommended ones from consumer reports. He was driving with the cruise control on I-40 near Wilmington, NC. There was a sudden downpour and he had turned off the cc and was trying to slow down (speed limit is 70 on that highway) His car hydroplaned and the car smashed into a quard-rail from the rear. The car was repaired and you would not know it had been in any accident. The boby shop did an excellent job.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:18 AM

Received 9,506 Likes on 6,175 Posts
John I'm glad you enjoying the truck so much! I swear I saw a B2200 yesterday and laughed out loud when it drove past.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hey bro sorry for your loss, I know you keep hearing it but Im glad you came out with bumps and bruises, that looks like a really hard hit. Enjoy the pick up and no note, I cam from a pick up and no note to my TL lol, but it comes in handy want u need to haul something or towing the bike. You ride street bike/cruuiser or dirt? And good luck with everything and speedy recovery.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn man, sorry about that.

Hopefully insurance takes care of you nicely.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
it's just a flesh wound.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,842 Likes on 8,573 Posts
What about that CTS-V?????
Old 12-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Would love to have you post the link for Edumnd's where they state this....
Well, I think he did pretty good on the amount. Did they give you money for the tax? They should have. So, 14.3K with tax, right?

Edmunds had it lower according to the post and what I just saw.

Just saw a request to see the disclaimer. The one I remember and was referencing on KBB islocated right where you would click on what type of pricing you want to see, trade in, private party, retail:

"Suggested Retail Value The value that is representative of dealers' asking prices for a used car. A starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer."

http://www.kbb.com/used-cars/acura/t...31848060168320

ON Edmunds, when you go through the sections and finally get to selecting a color, trans, etc. and the various prices pop up after putting in your zip code, put your cursor on the "Dealer Retail" a windo pops up that says (I can't simply copy and past, or get the url...:

"Dealer Retail - This price represents what customers are willing to pay a franshised dealer for similar vehicles....."

In the end, when I had a Ford Explorer that was totalled, State Farm settlement office clearly stated and pointed to the above reference points when I asked why they were only using NADA. At the time, KBB was higher than NADA for my Expedition. They knew the drill, and pointed me to NADA reference to actual transactions. They are all a little inconsistent. The issue with NADA is that sometimes their numbers are a little low because of the season and seasonal auctions/sales. For example, January is typically slow for convertables up north, and it makes the numbers low for Feb/March timeframe, depeing on the vehicle.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:56 PM

Received 16,265 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Originally Posted by bameri
Damn man, sorry about that.
Hopefully insurance takes care of you nicely.
Originally Posted by AMUA6
~$3000
John I'm glad you enjoying the truck so much!
I think you're smart for keeping the truck.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:20 AM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by nj2pa2nc
happened to my husband a few months ago-he was driving our 05 hyundai elantra with new tires (recommended ones from consumer reports. He was driving with the cruise control on I-40 near Wilmington, NC. There was a sudden downpour and he had turned off the cc and was trying to slow down (speed limit is 70 on that highway) His car hydroplaned and the car smashed into a quard-rail from the rear. The car was repaired and you would not know it had been in any accident. The boby shop did an excellent job.
And guess what, you car could have a clean title. This is the classic:

- single car accident
- fixed in body shop
- could have had significant repairs made
- no reports to carfax, etc...

One of the reasons that Carfax and those reports are worthless...

If my car was stolen, driven across the road and found after I settled... Guess what - it gets branded...

It could only be driven one mile, no harm done - but it is an "unsafe" car in many peoples minds...

I have had 5 cars with either branded (or should have been branded) cars in the past and I'd put them up against any other car on the road.

I almost picked up a Roush 427R Track Pack the other day - still sort of kicking myself on that one - minimal damage, available from a guy I've bought 2 vehicles in the past...
Old 01-24-2011, 05:01 PM
ScoobyZINE

Who ever said that Edmunds wasn't an accurate determiner of retail prices was wrong. Good deal, glad it's all settled for you. Was that their first offer or did you have to dicker with them?

Yeah, no payments, especially the size required for a 30K+ car is niiiiice! Hope you stick around and at sometime find yourself back in the "family".
That was their first offer. I didn't even bother with a counter offer. I will lurk around AZ from time to time and who knows, I may end up in an MDX.

Originally Posted by Flyer92
Definitely would like to see you back in the Acura family. Keep us posted and what do you have for a bike?
I have an 04 KX250F dirt bike. Just picked up a 450 Husky supermoto Saturday though.

John I'm glad you enjoying the truck so much! I swear I saw a B2200 yesterday and laughed out loud when it drove past.
Shit wasn't as tight as me fool!

Originally Posted by BlkAc06
Hey bro sorry for your loss, I know you keep hearing it but Im glad you came out with bumps and bruises, that looks like a really hard hit. Enjoy the pick up and no note, I cam from a pick up and no note to my TL lol, but it comes in handy want u need to haul something or towing the bike. You ride street bike/cruuiser or dirt? And good luck with everything and speedy recovery.
I ride street and dirt. Thanks for your comment man!

Originally Posted by Majofo
What about that CTS-V?????
Bleh. They still catch my eye but my focus now is on my bike(s). Don't think the Caddy could deliver my bike 3 hours away to the track but damn if it could...

Originally Posted by justnspace
I think you're smart for keeping the truck.
NO car payment FTMFW!
Old 01-24-2011, 05:03 PM
ScoobyZINE

The new toy I picked up Saturday to go with the collection of bikes
Old 01-25-2011, 02:50 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice 450.

Hope you get some warm weather to take it out. I have a F4i. Took it out a few days ago to put it in a new storage unit barely a mile away and low-sided while on the way. Of course there had to be lots off fine loose gravel scattered all over the road.