Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Tag Plate...Question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Tag Plate...Question...

I have a question regarding this. So when i picked my TL up it had this Front tag plate on the front bumper covering up the Acura that's written on the bumper. I was just wondering for those who's TL came with that and you're not using it, how did you make it not seem so noticable with the 2 screws being there? I was thinking about putting black screws in there since my TL is black. What do you guys suggest? Because i know for a fact i'm not going to utilize it, and plus i actually like how Acura is written there on the bumper.

2005 Acura TL
NBP/Camel/Navi/AT

All season mats
Trunk Tray
Splash Guards
Wheel Locks
Moonroof Visor
Decklid Spoiler
Old 07-28-2005, 01:55 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Remove the plate holder and make the dealer give you the plugs for the holes.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Racer

Oh okay cool. Now do you think i'll be able to get that from any Leith Acura place and they'll do it? Because i didn't purchase my car from the Leith that's closer to me. Will that be a problem?
Old 07-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Hmmm...well, if they're all Leith, I would guess so, but you never know, some dealers are funny about that. However, we're talking about a $0.50 part that they should've given you in the first place (my bumper had the plugs in and they gave me a plate holder, like I'd ever install it!). If the nearby dealer won't do it, either take a drive or buy them there, which ever works for you.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Banned

Mine were sitting in my cup holder when I bought the car. Plate came off, plugs went in.

(And so came a ticket a few weeks ago)
Old 07-28-2005, 03:02 PM
Racer

Now this is the weirdest thing!!! I called the Leith Acura that's closer to me and the parts people said that they didn't carry it. So i called back and actually spoke w/ a sales guy and he was saying he knew what i was talking about, and it should have been included in the car upon the purchase. And that they had some but they're on the other cars. You mean to tell me they don't have any freakin' plugs around that i put into my holes of the car??? Does anyone have suggestions? I called my sales guy from the place i bought it from, but i had to leave a message for him. Do you guys have anymore suggestions?
Old 07-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by chill_dog
Hmmm...well, if they're all Leith, I would guess so, but you never know, some dealers are funny about that. However, we're talking about a $0.50 part that they should've given you in the first place (my bumper had the plugs in and they gave me a plate holder, like I'd ever install it!). If the nearby dealer won't do it, either take a drive or buy them there, which ever works for you.
That $.50 part (#11 in the picture) actually lists for $13.34 each

So you don't believe me, eh? Disbelievers, click here for the parts list with the prices.

Old 07-28-2005, 03:06 PM
Racer

YOU GOTTA BE FREAKIN' KIDDING ME!!!!

What is this world coming to where a simple PLUG to cover up a hole costs $11/each????
Old 07-28-2005, 03:11 PM
I slow down for COPS

my dealer told me that they remove all of them during prep when putting the license plate brackets on. so he went back to the prep area, and pulled 2 of them from the trash can.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by mark 3M bra man
my dealer told me that they remove all of them during prep when putting the license plate brackets on. so he went back to the prep area, and pulled 2 of them from the trash can.
The service guys probably don't know what they cost either, so they don't know they are throwing away a fortune in plugs.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:42 PM
Racer

Yea well i just got off the phone with parts and apparently he just didn't understand what i was saying. So they actually have them in stock, and just guess how much they are if i were to purchase them there??? FREAKIN' $15.71/each

So needless to say i'm going to wait until i hear back from my man who i purchased the car from and hopefully he can call to them and let them know that they forgot to include them for me and i'll be able to get em free!
Old 07-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Banned

Dont bve hopeful you can get them for free, MAKE THEM. Tell them YOU BOUGHT A CAR THAT DIDNT HAVE ALL ITS PARTS.

Simple.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ron A
The service guys probably don't know what they cost either, so they don't know they are throwing away a fortune in plugs.
Actually they might very well how much they cost, probably around $0.50 like chill dog said (NOT HOW MUCH THE DEALERS SELL FOR) I mean that little thing can't possible have a production cost of anything over a $1

If you are in NC why did they give you front plate holders in the first place? I had mine sitting in the turnk when I picked up my car and the plugs were in place...I actually go the plate put in @ the first dealer visit since people in NC cant parallel park and I thought whatever protection I would get for the bumpers (since I parallel park a lot at NCSU)

Good thing the guy who put in my plate gave me back the plugs, now I am going to dearly hold them since I know how much they cost if I ever decide to remove the holder.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ac2001cls
Yea well i just got off the phone with parts and apparently he just didn't understand what i was saying. So they actually have them in stock, and just guess how much they are if i were to purchase them there??? FREAKIN' $15.71/each

So needless to say i'm going to wait until i hear back from my man who i purchased the car from and hopefully he can call to them and let them know that they forgot to include them for me and i'll be able to get em free!
And where do you think they got them to put them in stock?

I'll bet anything they didn't order them at that price, which only leaves one other place to get them.

So not only are they charging more than list price, they are charging more for something they probably got for free.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:40 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by ac2001cls
Now this is the weirdest thing!!! I called the Leith Acura that's closer to me and the parts people said that they didn't carry it. So i called back and actually spoke w/ a sales guy and he was saying he knew what i was talking about, and it should have been included in the car upon the purchase. And that they had some but they're on the other cars. You mean to tell me they don't have any freakin' plugs around that i put into my holes of the car??? Does anyone have suggestions? I called my sales guy from the place i bought it from, but i had to leave a message for him. Do you guys have anymore suggestions?
You didn't say which Leith Acura. If you're in the Triangle, try calling Performance Acura in Chapel Hill if it's still there (I haven't lived down there since 1998). I remember not being happy with the service department at Performance, but for something like this they might be OK.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:36 AM
Racer

scrb09... To answer your question about why the front plate is even on my car to begin with since we don't require them here... I talked with my sales guy about it and they didn't have exactly what i wanted NBP/Camel/Navi/AT there at the Leith in Fayetteville. So the closest one where it was available was in VA, and we all know that VA DOES require the front plate tag. So that's why it was on there. However, they still should have included the plugs for it.

1995hoo... Yes i'm in the Triangle area and Performance is still there. That's the other place i was going to get my car from, however, they weren't willing to work with me as far as being able to get the car SOLELY in my name. So needless to say i didn't end up getting my car from there. It was only after the fact that i told them that i was able to get it in my name and by myself where i purchased my car from, that they went ahead and said "oh well i know a contact over at American Honda and he's gonna be able to hook you up and give me a favor." I was like naw it's too late for all that. But anyway do you think they'll do it? What would i need to say so i won't have to pay for anything?

My sales guy is suppose to check with parts there and if they have them in stock and even if they don't he was saying that he would mail them to me.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

I was wondering why you had the front plate, too, but your response makes sense. Of course, some dealers here put them on so they can put an ad for themselves on the front like they do the back (I made Hendrick remove their decal and said if they even thought of putting the plate holder on I'd walk). I still don't get this practice...people know the dealers in their area...we don't need to see a sticker on a car to figure out who to see when we want a car...if we do, there's the common sense places to look: online, yellow pages, etc.

Anyway, I'd call your sales person back in a couple of days to see if he/she was able to find the parts and send them. While they may sell the parts for $26, it doesn't cost them anywhere near that...sales person will be happy to send them.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:34 PM
Racer

i agree 100% chill_dog...

So my sales guy down at Leith in Fayetteville called me earlier and was telling me to look in the glove compartment to see if they were in there. So i went on my lunch break and they weren't. So i called him back to let him know and he was like okay we'll just get them mailed to you. And they would try and send it out today. Well he just called me back and was asking if the Leith in Cary had them in stock and i said yes because i called them on yesterday to see if they could just give them to me. So he just gave me a PO# and said that i could go there and pick them up and just say to bill Leith down in Fayetteville.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:38 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Cool

See guys, not all Acura sales and/or service people are bad...
Old 07-29-2005, 01:41 PM
Racer

I picked up my new SSM '05 w/Navi on 7/16 and had the front license plate holder already installed. I called my dealer, and he said they are required by law to take the plugs out and install the front license plate holder. Luckily, he said that they have a drawer full of the plugs and he sent me a couple via DHL overnight!

Just talk to your dealer. If you just bought a $30+ car from them, they should hook you up.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:30 PM
2005 TL Owner

Try the plugs

Instead of black screws try the plugs that were made to fit in the holes. If you don't know what I'm talking about check your glove box for a little palstic baggie.

No not that baggie, the one that came with the car. It should have a couple plastic caps in it.