Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fog/DRL..../Bumper fog

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Fog/DRL..../Bumper fog

So basically I own a 2005 TL it was originally a U.S car according to the carfax and now canadian .....I bought it form Canada... Anyhow
Im not sure if my car has DRL's or not because the DRL/Fog does not work!!!!
So my idea is as follows :
Purchase a Accord fog light kit
Wire fog lights in bumper to DRL/FOG and bingo
I got bumper fogs and Drls/headlight fogs running off a switch
Is there anything else I am missing or need to do ??
Or is the wiring etc in the accord fog light kit all I need
The bumper fogs are a must anyway considering I have already installed a Type S Bumper /Type S headlights / Black Chrome grill
Thanks so much for all your input
and I appreciate any advice
Old 10-22-2008, 02:29 AM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
I think the fogs in the headlights only go on when the lowbeams are activated. Can someone confirm that?

If you purchased a Type-S [front?] bumper you might as well get the type-s fogs over the accord fogs. But if you want DRLs ... you may want to look into a DRL module.

Where are you located by the way? The states?
Old 10-22-2008, 04:08 AM
Instructor

Talking

Im in Canada,
Type S fogs mad expensive down here like 350each,
I dont care for DRL's but since the allocated spot for DRL's/Fogs in the headlight is inopperable
and it doesnt really bother me considering most people try and turn them off, and I dont have anything comming up on the dash either, they just dont work , but thats all just reasoning for me to do what I earliers suggested with the Accord for kit ,
What would I need in addition to the accord fog kit, to hook up DRL/FOG in the headlight and the bumper fog light together to a switch can I just join the headlight fog/drl with the bumper fogs using the accord kit , or do I need an additional anything , ? Module , Relay , Resistor ??
Thanks so much
Old 10-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Instructor

Wow , im shocked no one has chimed in as of yet
common fellow Aziners , I could use your help
Please and Thanks
Old 10-23-2008, 10:47 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daytime running lights are required in Canada for your car to pass an inspection. If the car was brought up from the states then it had to go through an inspection in order to be insured. I would check into any laws or federal mandates before removing your DRL's if that's what your thinking of doing...
Old 10-24-2008, 03:54 AM
Instructor

You cant be serious !!

Did you read my post??...I dont think you did ......selective reading I guess...lol......

Dont be so naive, do you really think every safety inspection is that thorough,
yes maybe when a individual is purchasing a car from the U.S, he/she may be given a hard time about it comming across the border and yes DRL's are mandatory as are airbag warnings in english and french and a few other things I cant think of at the moment.....But were talking about a car that is already in Canada , I didnt bring it however it currently does not have DRLs/or Fogs working so im not thinking of removing the DRL's they are simply not there , also having to do with insuring your car , you can insure the car you jut may not be able to cross the border
Insurance companies have never in my lifetime checked for DRL's prior to insuring me, even when I have borught cars from the U.S. I appreciate the advice on the laws and federal mandates but realistically speaking, when was the last time you saw someone get pulled over for not having DRL,s .......Many things are not allowed by law , for example lowering your car to a a certain point.........certain percentages of tint ......certain exhaust modifications or many other things that are usally not even botherd with , I think the police are more concerned with all the rest of the things going on , or if it were pertaining to cars it would be , dangerous driving , racing , following too closely, speeding, seatbelts, failure to obey signs etc ......now if youre saying it doesnt matter its the law you should abide well than you have some sort of point , but not having DRLs is prob equivalent to I dont know lets say.. well I cant think of anything thats as miniscular a misdameanor , anyways I bought the car without the DRL/Fogs working , and I have no light on the dash which is what half of the canadian Aziners and DRL madatory U.S aziners are trying to accomplish so Im not complaining, and I had to take my car for safety and im driving , never even thought twice about it . Soooo now that we have somewhat clarified that do you have any input as for my question originally posted above ??
Anyone
No hard feelings Sidius thanks for looking out
Old 10-24-2008, 05:34 AM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
So if I remember correctly, DRLs were not available in the US until 2007... and any TL before that had 'interior' fogs... which came up when the lows are on.
May sound stupid but have you put on your lowbeams and walked out the car to see if the fogs were working? Or if the bulbs are on correctly?
As for the Accord fog-light mod... there are several threads about it. It might be in the "Garage" section as well... [stickied for easy finding].

Also just curious again, where in Canada are you? =]
Old 10-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Instructor

There are several accord light threads however nothing that reflects on what I am trying to accomplish
which is the fog/DRl allocated spot to work with the same switch as the fogs , so when you hit your fog switch your bumper and headlight fogs come on/off
all the information avaliable for accord fogs is standard wiring d retro fit
Can I just wire the headlight drl/fog to the bumper fogs and they will come on together??
or is there additional module relay, fuse anything that I need??
Old 11-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Instructor

Still no reply could really use your help
thanks so much
look forward to your response
Old 04-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 20,007 Likes on 14,511 Posts
Did you ever figure this out?
Last night I disconnected my stock fog (in headlight) and t-tapped the wires from the accord fogs I just got into it and it works fine!

What I plan to do is to run the stock wires down to the new bumper fogs and use the stock fogs as DRL's only. I'll be purchasing the drl module and wiring that up to the old fogs. That way, I'll be able to use the stock stalk switch to control fogs on/off w/low beams...and when it's all off, my old fogs will be drl's.

Sound good?

Not sure if you figured this out int he last 4 months.