Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 12:50 PM
Anthracite Trend Setter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Floor mats

I have been taking good car of my interior, but at 3,000 miles the grey mats are already beginning to look like crap. I want to swithc to black because it fits the 2-tone interior of the quartz interior and will be easier to keep clean. Are the black mats of poor quality that they look bad fast too? Good aftermarket mats any where at a reasonable price? Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 08-01-2004, 01:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would get a set of all season rubber mats from Acura. Many here seem like them (I know I do!).
Old 08-01-2004, 01:18 PM
Anthracite Trend Setter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thought of that. I prefer carpet though 9 months out of the year cause I think they look better. Plasic looks "cheap" and they are expensive for 3 months.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:59 PM
Not a Blowhole

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
This has been discussed several times recently, so you might search on topic. But to repeat what i posted in the other threads, I disliked the look, feel, color, and smell of the WeatherTech rubber mats I ordered, returned them immediately, and have ordered some berber type mats from AutoSport. The camel interior OE mats show dirt very fast, so the berber will be a good compromise between more utility without sacrificing class.
Old 08-01-2004, 07:17 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If your mats are rubber backed like the later production ones are, you can wash them in the washing machine and dry them in the dryer. The only precaution I would recommend is to wash them on delicate to avoid freying the edges. If your mats are extremely dirty,
wash them twice before drying them. You'll be very impressed with the results.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Proboscis-free zone

Originally Posted by moreace
Thought of that. I prefer carpet though 9 months out of the year cause I think they look better. Plasic looks "cheap" and they are expensive for 3 months.
The Acura all weather mats definitely do not look cheap IMHO. They go beautifully with the high-tech look of the car. I love 'em!
Old 08-01-2004, 10:28 PM
Team Anthracite Pirate

I have to say - I just traded in my 2000 Accord EX for my TL and the mats in my Accord were of much better quality than the ones in my TL. That's probably my only disappointment with the car really.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:55 PM
Advanced

I have been taking good car of my interior, but at 3,000 miles the grey mats are already beginning to look like crap. I want to swithc to black because it fits the 2-tone interior of the quartz interior and will be easier to keep clean. Are the black mats of poor quality that they look bad fast too? Good aftermarket mats any where at a reasonable price? Any suggestions? Thanks
Give www.hondafloormats.com a try. You get the real thing just like you'd get from the factory and much cheaper than the dealer. I got black floor mats for my Parchment interior. It looks great-you'll love it in yours.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:34 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the Quartz interior as well and the Black All-Weather mats look bad IMHO. I prefer the grey mats... I agree that after some time they get pretty dirty, but a shampoo and clean gets them clean once again... I dont mind the effort to shampoo and clean the grey mats and the interior looks much better ...