Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my 2nd new TL...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 07:35 AM
Team WD Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got my 2nd new TL...

After a month of insurance BS, I got everything settled and found a new TL just like the one that was wrecked. Exactly the same....Vin 65xxx. Sweet. Picked it up yesterday. The wife is much happier now. I think she was getting tired of the camry rental.

Thanks to King Acura in Bham, AL. Their staff is top notch and they are very helpful.

Looks like interest rates went up a percent...dang...but oh well...I'm back in business.

Could have bought anything again and chose the TL...what great car.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:49 AM
Team WD Photographer

Leather seat...

Oh...and one more thing. My back bench on the passenger side seems to have too little foam or too much leather. It isn't just wrinkled. It's loose...like baggy pants loose.

Anyone noticed this? I'm gonna talk to the dealer. I'm picky but damn...it looks like ass...
Old 08-27-2004, 09:40 AM
Shift_faster

iyfphoto:
Glad to hear things worked out! Awesome. Wish you and the wife the best of luck with everything else. Keep us posted.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:15 AM
Safety Car

wow two 04 TL's in one year, glad to hear everything is working out better.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:50 AM
Team WD Photographer

Well now my insurance company says that State Farm wants to deny it based on a witness' testimony that I was speeding at the time. So now it goes to arbitration...more delays. What a crock...all the girl had to do was look in my direction and NOT pull out.

Old 08-27-2004, 12:01 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by iyfphoto
Well now my insurance company says that State Farm wants to deny it based on a witness' testimony that I was speeding at the time. So now it goes to arbitration...more delays. What a crock...all the girl had to do was look in my direction and NOT pull out.

Unless the witness has a large law enforcement background (and even if they did..) it would be pretty easy to get that one thrown out.. Unless they had a radar gun at the time, and even if they did they'd have to be "certified" to use one for it to hold up in court. For one witness to say you were speeding really is like saying "that guy over there is walking 2.5 mph" -- you can't do it visually with any accuracy.

I wouldn't be suprised if you asked the witness what the speed limit was in that area that they couldn't tell you.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:02 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
iyfphoto,

Nice to know the deal worked out in your favor. All the best.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:25 PM
Team WD Photographer

Kevin992...

That's my thoughts, but there is a law in AL that deals with contributory behavior. Like, if I was talking on a cell phone or if I was drunk...then the other company can get out of it. Even if their client is TOTALLY at fault as they are here.

That's what lawyers are for...I'm calling mine again this afternoon.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:39 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kevin922
Unless the witness has a large law enforcement background (and even if they did..) it would be pretty easy to get that one thrown out.. Unless they had a radar gun at the time, and even if they did they'd have to be "certified" to use one for it to hold up in court. For one witness to say you were speeding really is like saying "that guy over there is walking 2.5 mph" -- you can't do it visually with any accuracy.

I wouldn't be suprised if you asked the witness what the speed limit was in that area that they couldn't tell you.

I think most of us, in the normal course of events, could say if someone was speeding, particularly if the speed was really excessive. If you see someone "flying" down a residential street, or going too fast in a parking lot or school zone, you think to yourself "That S.O.B. should slow down" even if you don't have a radar gun. Courts generally allow that sort of testimony from non experts.
The more pertinent question is whether Alabama's law is based on comparative or contributory negligence. Either way, it soulnds like insurance will cover it, whether your negligence or someone else's caused the accident (even though you'd rather have someone else's insurance pick up the tab so your rates don't go up).
Old 08-27-2004, 03:00 PM
Instructor

Oh...and one more thing. My back bench on the passenger side seems to have too little foam or too much leather. It isn't just wrinkled. It's loose...like baggy pants loose.

Anyone noticed this? I'm gonna talk to the dealer. I'm picky but damn...it looks like ass...
I had the exact same experience. Have mentioned it on several posts now.
After taking our son and his friend on a 1400 miles trip the tops of the rear seats were all stretched. Took it to the dealer.............his thoughts were exactly the same....he thinks it is likely too little foam or whatever cushioning they use. Anyway, with no arguement he ordered replacement 'skins'. They were installed last week. They look fine but my gut tells me if I were to take passengers for another extended trip the situation would be exactly the same again.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:01 PM
10th Gear

Calling your lawyer?? Why bother with the expense. This is why you pay those big bucks for insurance, let their lawyers fight it out. Your insurance company should go to bat for you.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:33 PM
Team WD Photographer

Lawyer?

Because the insurance companies are fighting over the $12000 that mine paid me. If for some reason the arbitration says that State Farm does not have to pay USAA back for the outlay of cash and that they are not at fault here...I will get a lawyer because I took a $6000 hit on the car and the rental + towing were $1000. Throw in the injury and medical expenses and I think it would be worth it.

And FWIW I called the state insurance dept and they were very helpful in explaining what was going on and what could happen. What a surprise...a state agency being helpful.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:05 PM
Pro

photo,
Hope everything works out. USAA should take care of you I hope. Did you ever find out if that girl had her permit yet.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:31 PM
Advanced

sry to hear about ur troubles but i have been in similar matters this summer... too bad that your state isnt like Maryland which states that the driver who failed to yield in a turn is at fault (which unfortunately was me in my accident, but the stupid road is like accident central becuase its hard to see on coming traffic coming up an incline ) even if the other driver is speeding at 100 mph, the driver who failed to yeild in a turn is at fault
Old 08-27-2004, 10:29 PM
drw
10th Gear

After a month of insurance BS, I got everything settled and found a new TL just like the one that was wrecked. Exactly the same....Vin 65xxx. Sweet. Picked it up yesterday. The wife is much happier now. I think she was getting tired of the camry rental.

Thanks to King Acura in Bham, AL. Their staff is top notch and they are very helpful.

Looks like interest rates went up a percent...dang...but oh well...I'm back in business.

Could have bought anything again and chose the TL...what great car.
Glad to see another Birmingham TL owner on here. Congrats on your second one.......
Got my SSM/Ebony Navi about a month and a half ago. Like you, I had an EXCELLENT dealer experience with King Acura, probably the best car buying experience I have ever had. I know they are selling alot of TL's at King, but since I got mine, I have only seen about 4 or 5 TL's on the road in Birmingham..........
Old 08-31-2004, 07:53 AM
Team WD Photographer

Unfortunately we are contributory in AL...but if I can prove she could have avoided the accident by keeping a proper watch (like looking before she pulled out) she'll be at fault. I've found some previous court rulings like that.

DRW - Yep. King was great. Hopefully they'll help me with my wrinkled back seat. It looks pretty bad. And ya, I don't see too many TL's around. What part of town do you live in? I'm off 280...
Old 08-31-2004, 11:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
iyfphoto,

Great to see you back motoring around in a new TL! Good luck with the shoulder and be sure to do your exercises if you had seena physical therapist.

BTW, did you notice any improvements in your newer TL? Many have noted tighter steer feel and louder beep when locking the doors with the fob.

Take care of yourself and drive safely.

dsc888