FINALLY Dropped My Car and Then.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010 | 02:09 PM

Unhappy FINALLY Dropped My Car and Then.....

I looked at my front bumper this morning and saw this:

It looks like somebody bumped into my car, denting in the bumper, and when they backed up, the bumper popped back out making the paint crack and chip off. What do y'all think happened?

Even though I didn't notice it at all yesterday, it must have happened two days ago. My car was in the garage all day yesterday and last night. I'm taking it to a shop tomorrow to get an estimate

And here are two quick shots of the drop on TEIN S-Techs. Excuse the dirty car

Old 02-07-2010 | 02:11 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

The drop=

Sorry about the damage.

Looks to me about $300 to get your bumper repainted, and you'll have to replace your "ACURA" inserts, unless they're painted as well.
Old 02-07-2010 | 02:15 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

At least you can change your user title to "non-4x4 TL Owner".
Old 02-07-2010 | 02:20 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by princelybug
the drop=

Sorry about the damage.

Looks to me about $300 to get your bumper repainted, and you'll have to replace your "acura" inserts, unless they're painted as well.

+1
Old 02-07-2010 | 02:31 PM
Racer

any possibility of finding the jackess
Old 02-07-2010 | 02:52 PM
200,000 mile club

Tyler has joined the drop club and the bodyshop club all at the same time! Great job man...I hope you get the aspecs kit next to complete it. Did you put it in yourself? Are you sure someone didn't hit the front while it was in the garage or maybe something fell on it? You can get into it for around 300. They can paint the black grill again too to make the whole nose new!
Old 02-07-2010 | 03:33 PM
Instructor

how does it ride on the tein S tech spring? and for mmade22 how does it ride on your H&R sport spring? i wanted to lower my car for a long time, but i don't know which brand i should go for: Tanabe, H&R, or Tein?
Old 02-07-2010 | 04:16 PM
Wiggy Wiggy Wiggy

I see white paint under the chipped paint. Your bumper might have been re-sprayed at some point.

mmade has a sweet susp set-up. Koni + H&R Sports FTW
Old 02-07-2010 | 04:18 PM
Cruisin'

drop looks great . these are just the s tech springs correct... did you chanhe your shocks or keep OEM? and how is the ride???
Old 02-07-2010 | 04:28 PM
Acuras Only in

Dirty ? What dirty ? lol ... WDP hides dirt the best, compare to my NBP ... DROP is nice IMO ..
Old 02-07-2010 | 04:58 PM
200,000 mile club

Originally Posted by hyperspeed
how does it ride on the tein S tech spring? and for mmade22 how does it ride on your H&R sport spring? i wanted to lower my car for a long time, but i don't know which brand i should go for: Tanabe, H&R, or Tein?
My ride is awesome and like powerflow said, I have H&R sport springs with the much needed Koni Yellows. I drive all day, everyday and I love the ride and how it handles. It's a winning combo!

Originally Posted by powerflow
I see white paint under the chipped paint. Your bumper might have been re-sprayed at some point.

You damn right powerflow!
Old 02-07-2010 | 05:05 PM
9 mpg.

Are you going to stay with springs, or is this just a temp. until you get coilovers? I'm still undecided but if I can get away with just having springs then I'm definitely doing just that.
Old 02-07-2010 | 07:19 PM
I got the Shifts

sure u didnt bump your front against something? because of the drop?
Old 02-07-2010 | 07:24 PM

The drop=

Sorry about the damage.

Looks to me about $300 to get your bumper repainted, and you'll have to replace your "ACURA" inserts, unless they're painted as well.
Thanks man! I was so excited about my drop and seeing this today really made me

My deductible is only $100, so I'll probably go the insurance route for this. I've never filed a claim on any of my cars in the past, so they shouldn't turn me down.

I don't mind getting another set of the letter inserts. I don't think they are that pricey.

At least you can change your user title to "non-4x4 TL Owner".
Done

Originally Posted by t3hanarchist
any possibility of finding the jackess
Nope, not at all. I was working on the car ALL DAY yesterday and didn't notice this, so it had to have happened sometime Friday

Originally Posted by mmade22
Tyler has joined the drop club and the bodyshop club all at the same time! Great job man...I hope you get the aspecs kit next to complete it. Did you put it in yourself? Are you sure someone didn't hit the front while it was in the garage or maybe something fell on it? You can get into it for around 300. They can paint the black grill again too to make the whole nose new!
I know Jon! Damn! I've never had to file an insurance claim for this car or any of my previous cars, so it's pretty nerve racking. I'm going though insurance on this since my deductible is only $100. I'm getting a quote tomorrow after class

Me, Jason (bobbylight83), and Jacob (jaydm24) worked on this all day yesterday in Jacob's garage. Jacob got a 05 G35 so I'm getting parts from his 07 WDP. I got his TEINs yesterday and next Sunday I'm getting the sides and rear A-Spec from him. I want the front, but he has a 07, and it won't fit. If you see a 04-06 front A-Spec lip for a good price, let me know!

Originally Posted by hyperspeed
I've never had aftermarket suspension on any of my previous cars and I'm overall impressed with the TEINs so far. No complaints here

Originally Posted by powerflow

Oh sweet

Hopefully I'll have it re-done soon

Originally Posted by cutzmansi
drop looks great . these are just the s tech springs correct... did you chanhe your shocks or keep OEM? and how is the ride???
Thanks! Yep they are TEIN S-Techs with OEM shocks. Ride is a tad bouncier than stock but it's not anywhere enough to complain about or regret doing.

Originally Posted by shooter
Dirty ? What dirty ? lol ... WDP hides dirt the best, compare to my NBP ... DROP is nice IMO ..
Haha thanks man! I love NBP but there is no way in hell I could own one. Between dirt and swirls showing up...no thanks.

Originally Posted by Type-DM 2004 TL
Are you going to stay with springs, or is this just a temp. until you get coilovers? I'm still undecided but if I can get away with just having springs then I'm definitely doing just that.
This is temporary until I get coilovers, but I'm going to be riding these for quite a while.

Originally Posted by phee
sure u didnt bump your front against something? because of the drop?
I was thinking that as well but there is no damage under my bumper like there would be if I smacked something. Also I was driving 5 under everywhere last night because of black ice, so I wasn't flying around and hit something either.

I'm honestly stumped on how this happened.
Old 02-07-2010 | 07:51 PM
05 TL NBP 6spd S front

Sorry about the damage
Car look good at the Great falls meet.
Old 02-07-2010 | 07:57 PM
Ryan's loving his ATLP TL

Sorry to see the damage. Hope you get that baby fixed soon!

I've been curious on dropping my TL for a while. I dont want to drop it big time. I just want to handle a bit better and not drop it too much. What's the best? I was looking at Aspec suspension, unless there is better? How is the A-spec suspension?
Old 02-07-2010 | 08:13 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

That sucks about the damage but at least it isn't too bad.

Nice drop.
Old 02-07-2010 | 08:27 PM
My TL loves summer

Old 02-08-2010 | 07:31 AM
Under construction

Car looks awesome Tyler! The A-spec kit will put you over the top man
Old 02-08-2010 | 08:06 AM
"Like None Other"

once again, dropppin the TL transforms the overall look! its like night and day! car looking good as usual
Old 02-08-2010 | 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by melvin2816
Sorry about the damage
Car look good at the Great falls meet.
Thanks man! Shit like this is bound to happen to everybody eventually, so I guess it's my turn now.

I'm still trying to get my shit together and plan the next meet for late April. I'll post up a thread in the Mid-Atlantic section whenever I make the final decision.

Originally Posted by RJNN TL
Sorry to see the damage. Hope you get that baby fixed soon!

I've been curious on dropping my TL for a while. I dont want to drop it big time. I just want to handle a bit better and not drop it too much. What's the best? I was looking at Aspec suspension, unless there is better? How is the A-spec suspension?
Thanks man! I'm calling the insurance company today and see what I need to do.

I've read great things about the A-Spec suspension but I've never experienced it first hand. I'm not one to fly around in my TL, but I'm very impressed with the TEINs so far. Once I get my alignment done, it should be very very close to stock. Eventually I'll be getting some coilovers, but that's a while down the road. If I were you I would look for reviews on TEIN SS, Megan Racing Coilovers, and the A-Spec suspension. Those are the most common here. I've ridden in a car with the TEIN SS and those ride amazingly

Originally Posted by TLin401
That sucks about the damage but at least it isn't too bad.

Nice drop.
Thanks! My car really needed it.

You're right, the damage isn't bad, but it's still annoying. I was taught when I was younger to take responsibility for my actions and it pisses me off that somebody would bump my car and just drive off, no note on my windshield or anything. To me that's just common sense, but people nowadays

Originally Posted by wahshi
That was the look on my face when I saw my bumper

Originally Posted by alexSU
Car looks awesome Tyler! The A-spec kit will put you over the top man
Thanks Alex! I'm looking forward to seeing (and hearing) all of the parts your car is getting! Even though I'm getting the rear and sides on Sunday, it's going to be a little while until I get the front. I've gotta save some more pennies for that. Luckily my 21st birthday is the beginning of next month so hopefully my family will be generous and give me bank

Originally Posted by djbonsu
once again, dropppin the TL transforms the overall look! its like night and day! car looking good as usual
It truly does! And thanks!

This has been something I've been wanting to do since I got the car but I got distracted with dumb shit like black tail lights and such
Old 02-08-2010 | 11:51 AM
Middle Finger anyone?

Man! Your car looked like it was gonna fly away before. Now it looks nice. Good job. When are you in Charlotte next? We'll hang.
Old 02-08-2010 | 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by NCTL05
Man! Your car looked like it was gonna fly away before. Now it looks nice. Good job. When are you in Charlotte next? We'll hang.
Haha I know right! That 4x4 status was terrible.

I'm not sure when I'll be in Charlotte next, but I'll let you know.

By the way I just got an estimate for $678.94

Thank god I'm paying my $100 deductible through insurance instead of paying out of pocket.
Old 02-08-2010 | 02:27 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

WTF? You are going to get a new bumper or something? If so then I can see why the price is so high. IMO that is about $300-$350 at most in damage.
Old 02-08-2010 | 02:35 PM

WTF? You are going to get a new bumper or something? If so then I can see why the price is so high. IMO that is about $300-$350 at most in damage.
Nah dude just sanded down, primed, and painted. He said the price and I went cold. He said that WDP is a tri-stage paint, requiring more time and paint supplies. I didn't question him, I just said "okay". I don't care how much it is, I'm just paying $100, State Farm has the rest of the tab

I'm going to another place tomorrow to get another quote and see what they say.
Old 02-08-2010 | 02:43 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Oh well $100 isn't bad then.
Old 02-08-2010 | 02:50 PM

Oh well $100 isn't bad then.
Nope. Hell of a lot better than the $680 that I got quoted.

I figured out that I got bumped when I was at the grocery store yesterday afternoon, that's why I didn't see it at all on Saturday when I was swapping the suspension.
Old 02-08-2010 | 07:53 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

sorry about that man...

everything works out for the better..
Old 02-08-2010 | 08:18 PM
173rd Airborne!

about time on the drop man, it looks good! sorry about the damage thou.
Old 02-08-2010 | 08:47 PM
6-SPEED LOVER

ouch!
Old 02-08-2010 | 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Blazing GT
sorry about that man...

everything works out for the better..
Thanks man I appreciate it! I'm going through insurance on this. It may take a little longer than I want it to, but at least I'm not paying for all of it.

Originally Posted by ACE32TL
about time on the drop man, it looks good! sorry about the damage thou.
It's all good Al! Thanks though. I'm really happy with the drop as well. I'm getting the side and rear A-Spec from Jacob's 07 WDP on Sunday which I'm pumped about. I've gotta save my pennies and then I'll get the front lip and a black roof!

Your car looks SICK with the A-Specs, but why the hell is it on a tow truck?

Originally Posted by ABP_04TL
ouch!
Yea tell me about it. I've never had anything like this happen before, so I'm in shock I guess you could say

I'm just hoping the bumper looks brand new when I get it in the shop.
Old 02-08-2010 | 09:07 PM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

Congrats on the drop Tyler, bout time!

Sucks about the damage though. I have a couple small marks from where someone bumped me on my rear bumper. I haven't done anything about it yet but its annoying when people hit your car.
Old 02-08-2010 | 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by AnthraciteAspec
Congrats on the drop Tyler, bout time!

Sucks about the damage though. I have a couple small marks from where someone bumped me on my rear bumper. I haven't done anything about it yet but its annoying when people hit your car.
Thanks Sean! I'm nowhere near on your level when it comes to the TL though

I'm pretty pissed to be honest. I wish the person would have taken responsibility for their actions instead of just running off. Luckily my deductible is only $100, so I'll be going the insurance route. Unfortunately that $100 was going towards the front A-Spec lip
Old 02-08-2010 | 10:10 PM
Chapter Leader (Mid-Atlantic Region)

ahhh didnt u wish your tl was dropped @ the great falls meet? :P

anyways, lookin good! minus the paint lol

more pics!!
Old 02-08-2010 | 10:20 PM
AKA WalkerUA6

Not sure if anyone mentiond it but u can go thru insurance (if u have full coverage) under vandilism. And if u have a good insurance company they'll have a shot get a whole new bumber and blend all surrounding panels. Mabe enoguh for a Type S front.
Old 02-09-2010 | 03:30 AM
Area on my XM

The drop looks great! Very nice indeed... To bad about the unfortunate event that messed with your happy mojo. Once you get it fixed, you'll have one clean WDP. Congrats!
Old 02-09-2010 | 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Twisdit
ahhh didnt u wish your tl was dropped @ the great falls meet? :P

anyways, lookin good! minus the paint lol

more pics!!
Haha I wish! I was the 4x4 of the group up there.

Once I get some more parts on my car, my bumper re-painted, and actually have a chance to wash it, I'll throw some more pics up here

Originally Posted by sevank21
Not sure if anyone mentiond it but u can go thru insurance (if u have full coverage) under vandilism. And if u have a good insurance company they'll have a shot get a whole new bumber and blend all surrounding panels. Mabe enoguh for a Type S front.
Since my deductible on damage to my vehicle is only $100, I'm going through insurance. Also, since it's just paint flaking off, I'm just getting it repainted, no new bumper

Originally Posted by Red Voodoo
The drop looks great! Very nice indeed... To bad about the unfortunate event that messed with your happy mojo. Once you get it fixed, you'll have one clean WDP. Congrats!
Thanks man! Hopefully it gets fixed soon
Old 02-09-2010 | 10:31 AM
ADVANCE.

Nice drop man, it looks good! Give it time to settle and you are money...

Sorry to hear about your car, hope you get it taken care of so you can finally enjoy your car all together.

PEACE!
Old 02-09-2010 | 11:24 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

"It's the cold weather that's making the paint crack" - Acura Stealership

Nice drop though..
Old 02-09-2010 | 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by J-STEELE
Nice drop man, it looks good! Give it time to settle and you are money...

Sorry to hear about your car, hope you get it taken care of so you can finally enjoy your car all together.

PEACE!
Thanks man! It's dropped down a little more since those pictures were taken. I would clean up the car and take some pictures but the weather is TERRIBLE here right now.

I'm about to get another quote on the bumper this afternoon. Hopefully I'll have it done within the next week or 2.

Originally Posted by Majofo
"It's the cold weather that's making the paint crack" - Acura Stealership

Nice drop though..
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they told me that. The dealership local to me didn't believe bobbylight83 when he said he had a 2005 6-speed TL. The guy said they didn't make a 6-speed that year

And thanks! I'm happy with the drop. I just really need a alignment

Quick Reply: FINALLY Dropped My Car and Then.....