3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fcuked up my TL pretty bad

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 08:55 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
so nobody should try anything different right? everything should be exactly how you think it should be and if not its wrong? -- if someone wants to clear their lights than their a "teenager" hahaha. *some* of these 3g owners are such a joke-ohh i've got a tl so now im a cool car guy who knows everything--iv'e never seen such a group of close-minded condescending group of people on a supposed "automotive enthusiast" forum before. it is extremely sad.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:00 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deandorsey
so nobody should try anything different right? everything should be exactly how you think it should be and if not its wrong? -- if someone wants to clear their lights than their a "teenager" hahaha. *some* of these 3g owners are such a joke-ohh i've got a tl so now im a cool car guy who knows everything--iv'e never seen such a group of close-minded condescending group of people on a supposed "automotive enthusiast" forum before. it is extremely sad.
Uhh...people are allowed to voice their opinion, are they not? Just because a majority don't like something or express the same sentiment on an issue doesn't mean they are being closed minded.

Look up the definition of forum sometime.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
uhh yea but every time someone voices an opinion or and idea they get the same responses that are echoed in this post. the "opinions" are always one sided. its that way all the time in here. "ohh dont do that-its a tl not a civic-what are you crazy-i dont get it-etc" these are the responses every time.

oh and usualy in CAR forums there is useful information about mods etc.

(ex. 3g sticky is a great start)
Old 06-25-2004, 09:23 AM
Racer

Clearing your headlights looks great, way better than with the amber no doubt!! Just get a professional to do it though, the outcome is amazing!!
Old 06-25-2004, 10:12 AM
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ccin1492
Oh, to be young and stupid...
Or, "Youth, it's wasted on the young"
Old 06-25-2004, 12:16 PM
5th Gear

To the person who started this thread: Dude, you are only 16? daddy bought you this $40K car? damn it must really suck to have that car and tell everyone that you paid for it Anyways, when it comes to taking the lense apart you are supposed to put it in the oven at a low temp for 15 min.

and ali enterprises...dude, Im from Shawnee! maybe I have seen you around. I am also going to KU with a 4 year NROTC scholarship. I am probably going to transfer to Embry riddle in Daytona Beach for my last 3 years. I plan on being a pilot either in the Navy or Marines. Anyways, what color is your car? Every time I see a TL I always stop and stare
Old 06-25-2004, 12:53 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jjsC5
You might want to check your profile. According to it, you are only 21 years old. You might be a damn smart attorney, but your math still needs a little work.

Old 06-25-2004, 12:54 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by KCRSXTypeS
To the person who started this thread: Dude, you are only 16? daddy bought you this $40K car? damn it must really suck to have that car and tell everyone that you paid for it Anyways, when it comes to taking the lense apart you are supposed to put it in the oven at a low temp for 15 min.

and ali enterprises...dude, Im from Shawnee! maybe I have seen you around. I am also going to KU with a 4 year NROTC scholarship. I am probably going to transfer to Embry riddle in Daytona Beach for my last 3 years. I plan on being a pilot either in the Navy or Marines. Anyways, what color is your car? Every time I see a TL I always stop and stare

ummm FYI, "Daddy" didnt buy me this car. I paid for it with my own money I have saved up these past few years. and for the sarcasm, I dont care if you believe me or not. You can jump up your own assole and die for all I care. :sqntfawk: and btw I know your supposed to bake the headlights, I just didnt get to that step before I realized it was too complicated.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:58 PM
Shift_faster

Originally Posted by EggrollXpress61
You can jump up your own assole and die for all I care. :sqntfawk:
Hehe...that's a new one. Nothing useful to add.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:05 PM
Pro

Old 06-25-2004, 01:07 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by VQ35DE
haha, ok Ill try to get some up if I find my digital camera.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:17 PM
Pro

haha, ok Ill try to get some up if I find my digital camera.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:35 PM
Semper Fi

Originally Posted by TL_CLT
Didn't mean to offend - just curious, and a natural wiseass. I just graduated from law school myself. The TL coming on Tuesday is my graduation present.
Gradulations TL_CLT, time the reap the benfits of your hard work. What Law School did you graduate from?

jjsC5 - Apoligize for the discrepancies in my profile. I claimed to be successful not perfect. Thank you for pointing it out, I will rectify the discrepancies.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:41 PM
Pug
Team Camel, VP for Zaino

Originally Posted by ali_enterprises
I recently graduated from law school. . . Anymore questions please feel free to ask.
Sorry to go off track here, but I am curious about how you can be a "successful lawyer". You state you recently graduated law school - so that means May 2004 or December 2003, right?

If you graduated May 2004 then you can't even sit for the bar exam until July 2004. So that must be out.

If you graduated December 2003, then you could have sat for the February 2004 bar exam - and gotten your results, in May? Even so, you'd still need to be sworn in. How did you get that done so fast?

As a successful lawyer, you're surely familiar with that big no-no from prof resp class about the unauthorized practice of law. You can't call yourself a lawyer until you're sworn in - regardless of when and whether you've even passed the bar exam.

Edited to add: When I graduated from law school (Fordham), and for several years thereafter, I was driving a beat up 94 Accord LX !
Old 06-25-2004, 01:51 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by Pug
Sorry to go off track here, but I am curious about how you can be a "successful lawyer". You state you recently graduated law school - so that means May 2004 or December 2003, right?

If you graduated May 2004 then you can't even sit for the bar exam until July 2004. So that must be out.

If you graduated December 2003, then you could have sat for the February 2004 bar exam - and gotten your results, in May? Even so, you'd still need to be sworn in. How did you get that done so fast?

As a successful lawyer, you're surely familiar with that big no-no from prof resp class about the unauthorized practice of law. You can't call yourself a lawyer until you're sworn in - regardless of when and whether you've even passed the bar exam.

Edited to add: When I graduated from law school (Fordham), and for several years thereafter, I was driving a beat up 94 Accord LX !

I do believe the bluff has just been called....
Old 06-25-2004, 01:51 PM
At least I'm housebroken.

ali_enterprises: I just graduated from Washington and Lee. Convienently located in the Middle of Nowhere, VA.

Pug: I've driven a 14-year-old Volvo station wagon for the last four years. Beat that.
Figured it was time for an upgrade.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Clearing the headlights is a good thing. It makes it look a LOT nicer. Removing the bumper could be a peice of cake depending. You live you learn, at least now you know how to remove it.

btw, those torx bits cost way to much though. should be like $1 each
Old 06-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Drifting

Ah, the inexperience of the younger generation. Clearing headlights is a long process, not hard. Looks like you spent most of your time figuring out how to take off the bumper. I'm sure there are many threads on this forum that mention how to take it off. I think it was somewhere along the lines of 15 or so clips that had to be taken out. Regardless, you were on the right track with bad timing.

btw, as for beat up cars...I started driving around 94-95 or something like that. My first car was some beat up '83 Benz that had a whole 3 cylinders and 0-60 was somewhere along the lines 15-20 seconds if I was lucky.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Ver-r-r-y Interesting!

ummm FYI, "Daddy" didnt buy me this car. I paid for it with my own money I have saved up these past few years. and for the sarcasm, I dont care if you believe me or not. You can jump up your own assole and die for all I care. :sqntfawk: and btw I know your supposed to bake the headlights, I just didnt get to that step before I realized it was too complicated.
Good for you! Paper routes didn't pay that much when I had one. (j/k)

You are fortunate to have had a job at 11 years old that allowed you to save $8,000 a year for 5 years. Most professional adults can't do that. Are you a model or actor?

I'm not saying I don't believe you; just that it's very unique.

XP
Old 06-25-2004, 02:36 PM
Semper Fi

Originally Posted by Pug

I do apologize maybe I should have worded my initial post a little differently. Instead of a "successful lawyer” I should have said "successful in graduating Law School." Your right I have not passed the bar. I do apologize this was indeed my error. I currently hold a post of Level 3 Executive at, Ali Enterprises- and do provide unofficial legal advice and assistance when necessary. We do also employ lawyers who handle all official legal matters, but they are not involved in some upper level conferences. Pug my intent as posted previously is that not all young people are immature, and we do not think alike. (ex. clearing headlights, extremely large mufflers...) -- Pug I assure you next time I do state anything of this matter I will choose my word choice conscientiously. I guess in my own little fantasy world I view myself as a lawyer, from the mere fact that I have obtained a Law degree. But Pug you are correct I have not passed the bar therefore, I am not a Lawyer, and I have updated my profile accordingly. I do again apologize for any misconceptions. I did not mean to deceive anyone.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:24 PM
Intermediate

But you can call yourself a "doctor" at least (Juris Doctor)...
Old 06-25-2004, 04:41 PM
Racer

This is from another thread I posted in, but:

I currently invested into a snowcone business with my best friend w/ $10k I have come up through my business, www.Firestormtrading.com this past half a year, Its merely a retail site which is easy because I have no running stock, I just order and pick up whatever I need whenever an order is placed. But I got about 1/2 my money from that and id say about 45% from networking systems for some local businesses. And about the rest of that on random jobs such as fixing people's computers and such. All in All, Ive saved up for my car these past almost 5 years. Although I probably would/could have gotten an even nicer car (not that the TL isnt friggin awesome, I love my car) if my parents didnt make me pay for EVERY little thing such as gas, food, electronics, phone bill, and clothes etc less $20 a week which is crap. They make me pay for every box of EZ Mac I eat. I have to write it down on a gay little list. but no complaining.... in return I get to experience the reality and responsibilites of my life and it has encouraged me to really pursue my business career. The snow cone thing is goin pretty good. Only a quarter into summer and weve almost recovered 1/2 of out investments. Anywho, thats the answer to your question...
Old 06-25-2004, 04:43 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Xpditor
Good for you! Paper routes didn't pay that much when I had one. (j/k)

You are fortunate to have had a job at 11 years old that allowed you to save $8,000 a year for 5 years. Most professional adults can't do that. Are you a model or actor?

I'm not saying I don't believe you; just that it's very unique.

XP

I currently invested into a snowcone business with my best friend w/ $10k I have come up through my business, www.Firestormtrading.com this past half a year, Its merely a retail site which is easy because I have no running stock, I just order and pick up whatever I need whenever an order is placed. But I got about 1/2 my money from that and id say about 45% from networking systems for some local businesses. And about the rest of that on random jobs such as fixing people's computers and such. All in All, Ive saved up for my car these past almost 5 years. Although I probably would/could have gotten an even nicer car (not that the TL isnt friggin awesome, I love my car) if my parents didnt make me pay for EVERY little thing such as gas, food, electronics, phone bill, and clothes etc less $20 a week which is crap. They make me pay for every box of EZ Mac I eat. I have to write it down on a gay little list. but no complaining.... in return I get to experience the reality and responsibilites of my life and it has encouraged me to really pursue my business career. The snow cone thing is goin pretty good. Only a quarter into summer and weve almost recovered 1/2 of out investments. Anywho, thats the answer to your question...
Old 06-25-2004, 05:47 PM
Pro

i dunno what else to say....lol...i just hope that you do learn from it...thats what matters....
Old 09-04-2004, 05:39 PM
LOLZ McCain Sux

I was searching clearing headlights and came across this old post and was horrified. Are you saying you worked for 5 years and saved 40 grand and used it to buy a FREAKING CAR?! SCREW THAT! U know what gets WAY more p*ssy then a nice car? A HOUSE! Plus it doesnt depriciate by half in 5 years. Awww man.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:14 AM
Cruisin'

Ummmm... were you and your friend high when you decided to do this?
Old 09-05-2004, 03:11 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by dcarlinf1
You might be a ricer if you clear the headlights.
actually its not ricer...cars in the US are required to come with amber/orange side blinkers...in most other countries...such as germany and japan...they come clear...it looks cleaner...look at the car at the top of this page...sleak in my opinion....not rice
Old 09-07-2004, 12:23 PM
SOLD

Originally Posted by icex731
actually its not ricer...cars in the US are required to come with amber/orange side blinkers...in most other countries...such as germany and japan...they come clear...it looks cleaner...look at the car at the top of this page...sleak in my opinion....not rice
Rice is when you put blue lights in the blinkers
Old 09-07-2004, 04:31 PM
Intermediate

No offence to the original poster but hes a 17 year old with a 35k car
Old 09-07-2004, 04:31 PM
TL hacker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NightRider
All you have to do is look at the picture on top of this page and judge for yourself.
And so does the bumper, grill etc. Just like those parts, those corner markers are specially manufactured. Not some silly DIY job you can do on a civic.

Besides, without the bumper and grill, clear sidemarkers like the one pictured at the top would look... <pick word from list below>

1 - Ghey
2 - Ricer
3 - Foolish
4 - Cheap
5 - Stupid
6 - like a gangsta wannabe
Old 09-08-2004, 09:18 AM
SOLD

Originally Posted by Zeuser
And so does the bumper, grill etc. Just like those parts, those corner markers are specially manufactured. Not some silly DIY job you can do on a civic.

Besides, without the bumper and grill, clear sidemarkers like the one pictured at the top would look... <pick word from list below>

1 - Ghey
2 - Ricer
3 - Foolish
4 - Cheap
5 - Stupid
6 - like a gangsta wannabe
Yes, that is definitely an all or nothing type situation
Old 09-09-2004, 08:06 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ali_enterprises
SportTrac are you implying that because you are in your thirties you would not make these kinds of modifications. Honestly its just a matter of taste, not of age. Personally I wouldn?t clear my headlamps either, but to each his own.

"ccin1492 Oh, to be young and stupid... "

Again assuming that age is in direct correlation with maturity is just plan ignorance. I am 22 years of age, successful lawyer, and former U.S. Marine. Point being, my level of maturity when compared to many above my age, is none the less superior.

Does The term BS mean anything to you? Being a successful lawyer and former Marine at the ripe old age of 22. Obviously you didn't have any math classes in law school. Assuming you're EXTRAODINARY and graduated High School at 15 and then managed to get thru pre-law and law school in 5 years, and that NEVER happens, you'd be 20-21. A minimum enlistment in the Marines of 3 years already put you over the age liimit and it sure didn't leave you much time to achieve your successful law practice.
Do me a favor, park your daddy's TL, go back to school and learn some math. It will help improve your self image so you don't have to blow smoke at people who have really worked hard to buy their cars.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:28 AM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rontatuaf
Does The term BS mean anything to you? Being a successful lawyer and former Marine at the ripe old age of 22. Obviously you didn't have any math classes in law school. Assuming you're EXTRAODINARY and graduated High School at 15 and then managed to get thru pre-law and law school in 5 years, and that NEVER happens, you'd be 20-21. A minimum enlistment in the Marines of 3 years already put you over the age liimit and it sure didn't leave you much time to achieve your successful law practice.
Do me a favor, park your daddy's TL, go back to school and learn some math. It will help improve your self image so you don't have to blow smoke at people who have really worked hard to buy their cars.
obviously you missed the post where he explained himself ... duh
Old 09-09-2004, 03:06 PM
Retired MOD

It is worth it, if you know what you are doing.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:16 AM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a pic of cleared head lights ... I dont like it!
Old 09-10-2004, 11:40 AM
SOLD

The TL in that picture has those blue rice lights I was talking about. That looks inappropriate. Why doesn't someone put carbon fiber in their Rolls Royce next? Or maybe they could take that same TL and put a cage and sporty WRX type cloth seats in there? Cleared blinkers make the car look clean as they are otherwise the only orange part of the car. Blue blinkers and headlight covers can stay on Civics and off of our luxurious car.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:33 AM
Gratis dictum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This has been a most interesting thread. The genesis of the thread reminds me of my own situation several years ago when all US cars came with clear parking/directional lights and front marker lights. European cars had amber lights, so to be "cool", we dyed our bulbs amber to imitate our bretheren across the pond. Todays youth doesn't have a corner on the foolish market......we all share in it.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MikeyTampa
I was searching clearing headlights and came across this old post and was horrified. Are you saying you worked for 5 years and saved 40 grand and used it to buy a FREAKING CAR?! SCREW THAT! U know what gets WAY more p*ssy then a nice car? A HOUSE! Plus it doesnt depriciate by half in 5 years. Awww man.