Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F...k!!! Need some urgent help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F...k!!! Need some urgent help please

Ok, Last night at that Fu...ng halloween thing looks like some punks threw a couple of eggs on my SSM TL so I had the car cleaned. The cleaning didn't remove everything but the worst thing is that the part where the eggs hit my car (2 of them) I can see some scatches going in a spiral shape. This are really bad looking scratches FUK!!!!

Please does anyone know what I can do or if I should go to any good detail shop to get it fixed?? I'm in the Los Angeles Area near downtown, so if Anyone knows any really good details shops around please let me know... THANK YOU!!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by kimacuratl
Ok, Last night at that Fu...ng halloween thing looks like some punks threw a couple of eggs on my SSM TL so I had the car cleaned. The cleaning didn't remove everything but the worst thing is that the part where the eggs hit my car (2 of them) I can see some scatches going in a spiral shape. This are really bad looking scratches FUK!!!!

Please does anyone know what I can do or if I should go to any good detail shop to get it fixed?? I'm in the Los Angeles Area near downtown, so if Anyone knows any really good details shops around please let me know... THANK YOU!!!!
I see you pain.
I have same.
Some animal (I can not call them people) throw one egg on roof of my TL
So instead of regular commute I had to wash my car at 7 AM.
After wash I still see big spot on the roof.
F...K
Old 11-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Instructor

See if this helps for egg stain removal: http://www.ehow.com/how_155871_wash-egg-car.html
Old 11-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
^^^ good site .. key is to get it off fast as the enzymes in the egg attack the clear .. unfortunatly when the egg shatters the sharpe edges of the shell scratch the paint and if you can feel any of it with your fingernail its beyond what a detailer can fix .. he might be able to buff it down some and pretty well hide the scratches .. and if the stain isn't etched too deep he can help there too.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:00 PM
Instructor

Damm, this is some fu...ng shit!! I'm so mad right now that I can't even work. Man what kind of an anymal shit can do this kind of stuff.. By the way bigman, thanks for the page... I really helped and I'm looking for some shops that can repair this scratches...
Should I ask the dealer or go somewhere else??? Any recomended shops????

PD: These are really deep scratches.. I dind't know some stupid eggs could do so much harm!!!!! I'm gonna buy 1000 eggs and throught it to each car near my neighbouthood so they can feel HOW FUKING HARD IS TO DEAL WITH THIS... of course, not to any TL :P
Old 11-01-2005, 01:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would say the buff will remove the scratches... keep in mind that removing the scratches takes some of the clear coat away. They wet sand which does remove some of the finish...
Old 11-01-2005, 01:05 PM
Banned

A buff will not remove the scratches, in my experience .

If the egg was thrown at any decent velocity, you're screwed with regard to the scratches.

It's happened to me in the past and you can work on it a bit, but a buff didnt remove them.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Here is a few high end ( good ) detailers in your area

LA Detailers

They will know where you stand ..
Old 11-01-2005, 02:24 PM
"Joe Cool"

Sorry to hear that.

I used to detail cars and I can tell you that for really deep scratches there isn't not much you can do.

If you have already tried to buff it out then you may need to have that area repainted.

Go to the local auto parts store and get a clay bar.

Clay bars are used to remove stains and other tihings from the paint.

Try that first before you go pay big $$$$ at a Auto body or detailer.

You can PM me if you need more details.

Good luck.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Advanced

Sorry to say, but you'll have to go to a body shop to get that area repaired. When the egg begins to dry, it retracts. While doing so, it cracks the paint in a spider web pattern.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:07 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
One can imagine what an egg does to your stomach linings as well as coca cola !
Now quit stressing out and bring it to a professional body shop for repair. Once done, ZAINO the hell out of it for better protection !
Old 11-01-2005, 05:02 PM
malacanyang palace

:silvermad yah this fu*#&^@** punk kid did it to my car too may be it happen last night. this morning when i get in the car going to worked. i saw this fu *&#**egg shell all over in in my hood and egg stain. i rush to wash it right away with warm water ., but its too late the egg shell marked like spider web.,marked in my hood. i went to body shop and they told me need to repainted my hood total cost $300 bucks for that shit.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:26 PM
Advanced

Well, I am very sorry this happened to you. This is eggsactly the kind of thing that can get a new car owner very eggsited scrambling your noggin for the rest of the day. It shouldn't take an egghead to figure out how to clean it. The vinegar idea sounds like an eggsellent suggestion just don't over do it, you don't want to have egg on your face! You may want to search for another option, you don't want to have all your eggs in one basket either!
Old 11-01-2005, 05:28 PM
Instructor

yeah I see that spider web thing. FUk.. those scratches are really bad.. I want to fix that but don't trust getting it repainted.. What if the color doen't match and plus I don't think I'm going to feel that good knowing that I repainted the car..
I'm going to a bodyshop todday too and let you guys know what he tells me about this...

Oh well, I never park the car outside but once I do, this happens... It's really sad and frustating... but what can I do... HOPE THERE'S A GOOD SOLUTION FOR THIS...

THANKS GUYS...
Old 11-02-2005, 02:16 AM
Instructor

dont know if this makes anyone feel better but I dented my trunk closing it from the top with my hand the 2nd day I owned my TL (I've since found the inner grab handle close thingie). I guess its better that I put the first dent in the car so I wont have to be placed in a straight jacket the first time someone opens their door into mine.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
While I feel everyone's pain whose TL got egged (I would be through the roof, as well), I have to wonder why anyone wouldn't park a nice car in a garage? Yeah, yeah, I know, you don't have one...I didn't have one before, either...I waited to get a nice car until I did.

On a side note, silly string doesn't ruin the paint...some @$$holes covered my driver side with it at the movies the other week (I parked a mile from the door, so I guess they thought it would be funny)...a single car was parked beside me when I came out...probably theirs...would've keyed it if there weren't a bunch of people leaving the theater at that point.

Anyway, I am sorry to hear about everyone's cars and hope you can all get it taken care of. Good luck.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:18 AM
Instructor

well, I've been to the bodyshop yesterday and there's no other thing that can be done but repaint the surface..He told me that it would be better to leave it like that as it's not a big scratch and it's not that noticeable as it is a SSM. So, what can we do.. I think it's going to boder me for a while but I'll forget about it someday.. So, thank you for your replys...

PD: So why do they through eggs anyways?? I don't get it.. never been a halloween fan..
Old 11-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

PD: So why do they through eggs anyways?? I don't get it..
No respect for other people's property. Everyone knows eggs will ruin the paint (at least we did when we were kids), that's why they use them. Now, rolling the house (TP-ing for our northern friends) is good, harmless fun...only requires time to clean up...nothing damaged.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:44 AM
KnumbNutz

Heya Chilli Dog;

Dude, would you have REALLY keyed that car next to you?
What if it DIDNT belong to the silly string bandits?

What if it had been YOUR car, innocently parked next to someone else's that got silly puddy'ed and that owner decides to key YOUR car...

Im totally with ALL of you, as far as getting seriously pissed when shit happens to our new cars...
BUT...
Before going on a Rambo rampage... it should be worth taking a chill-pill first, BEFORE doing something even worse, maybe to someone who is innocent...

Coming from Miami, FL... Ive witnessed people getting killed over parking spaces and been the VICTIM of road rage just because some fools with a Mac-10 were bored and decided my new truck was a ripe for target practice - while I was still IN IT, driving down I-95....
Old 11-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Originally Posted by Graffxman

Heya Chilli Dog;

Dude, would you have REALLY keyed that car next to you?
What if it DIDNT belong to the silly string bandits?

What if it had been YOUR car, innocently parked next to someone else's that got silly puddy'ed and that owner decides to key YOUR car...
Well, considering I was parked a good 50 spaces away from any other car, the other car was parked in the spot right next to mine (in the lines, not over a bit to be considerate), and was a POS car, I feel fairly confident that the car belonged to the culprits.

After I got home, I thought about if maybe that wasn't the case, but I thought better of that. It deserved to be trashed...whether the stuff came off without a problem or not, it shouldn't have been done and a lesson obviously needed to be taught/learned. Only drawback I saw is that my car is rather conspicuous, and I didn't want a reprisal by some idiot who didn't understand the lesson he was supposed to learn.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:05 PM
KnumbNutz

Dude, so radical;
You're wound up a little too tight man, no more cuban coffee for you bud!
You so totally missed the point.

Whatever happened to "Innocent til their stupid ass is proven guilty"

Im sure glad you're not going to be the judge on my upcoming trial, otherwise I'd certainly get convicted on assumptions and circumstantial bs.

Charlotte NC Hmmm?
At the very least, Im glad that you decided not to retaliate, for whatever reason.
Even if no one seemed to be around, you never know who might be watching or notice, then we get to see you on "People's Court TV" in the case of mistaken silly putty offender" and worse, dont ever forget that you dont know what kinda lunatic you might be dealing with, and speaking of reprisal's, where does it end? If its a gangbanger - doing shit like that can even get you killed... then who's the idiot, and who didnt learn a lesson? Don't matter if you in jail, or dead.

I speak from first-hand experience...
Old 11-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Dude, so radical;
You're wound up a little too tight man, no more cuban coffee for you bud!
You so totally missed the point.

Whatever happened to "Innocent til their stupid ass is proven guilty"

Im sure glad you're not going to be the judge on my upcoming trial, otherwise I'd certainly get convicted on assumptions and circumstantial bs.

Charlotte NC Hmmm?
At the very least, Im glad that you decided not to retaliate, for whatever reason.
Even if no one seemed to be around, you never know who might be watching or notice, then we get to see you on "People's Court TV" in the case of mistaken silly putty offender" and worse, dont ever forget that you dont know what kinda lunatic you might be dealing with, and speaking of reprisal's, where does it end? If its a gangbanger - doing shit like that can even get you killed... then who's the idiot, and who didnt learn a lesson? Don't matter if you in jail, or dead.

I speak from first-hand experience...
Me? You're as black as I, Mr. Pot!

Asheville, I know what goes on up there ...that would explain your victim's rights liberal bent

Just kidding, by the way...you old(er) folks can't spot a joke sometimes. As I said, I didn't do anything because I didn't want my car vandalized by some moron who didn't understand his lesson. As for getting killed, they'd still be the idiot for having to kill someone to solve something...me, I'd be dead, it wouldn't matter to me anymore.

And before you get all offended over the old comment, keep in mind, I consider myself old, thereby making anyone older than me old. So, one for me, chill, and welcome to the forum!

Edit: what's up with the smilie? Why doesn't it show up?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:55 PM
I'm Baaack!

Originally Posted by Neumahn
Well, I am very sorry this happened to you. This is eggsactly the kind of thing that can get a new car owner very eggsited scrambling your noggin for the rest of the day. It shouldn't take an egghead to figure out how to clean it. The vinegar idea sounds like an eggsellent suggestion just don't over do it, you don't want to have egg on your face! You may want to search for another option, you don't want to have all your eggs in one basket either!
Wannabe????
Old 11-02-2005, 08:00 PM
KnumbNutz

:surrender

What can I say Chilli-Dog, Im sure you’re right.!

btw, Asheville suks, that’s why I’ll never forgive myself for moving here from such a perfectly violent city like Miami… I miss it!

Old, older, oldest?
:killer:
Nah, its not that us old farts cant spot a joke anymore and be able to laugh along with it til we pee our diapers, sometimes it’s the possible underlying currents disguised as jokes that I tend to get more concerned about…

I don’t get offended anymore bud, I wouldn’t wanna risk a coronary or falling over my walker getting my pacemaker all fired up about every lil thing. I take my chill-pills every day!

Next time Im in Charlotte I’ll have to look you up!
Old 11-03-2005, 12:12 AM
Banned

Damm, this is some fu...ng shit!! I'm so mad right now that I can't even work. Man what kind of an anymal shit can do this kind of stuff.. By the way bigman, thanks for the page... I really helped and I'm looking for some shops that can repair this scratches...
Should I ask the dealer or go somewhere else??? Any recomended shops????

PD: These are really deep scratches.. I dind't know some stupid eggs could do so much harm!!!!! I'm gonna buy 1000 eggs and throught it to each car near my neighbouthood so they can feel HOW FUKING HARD IS TO DEAL WITH THIS... of course, not to any TL :P
wouldn't you be the same animal too...and work on your grammar.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:45 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sAnFrAn_G
wouldn't you be the same animal too...and work on your grammar.
San fran:
Sorry, my first language is not English. And yeah, I would be the same animal or worse if I see you or your car on the streets. Don't fuck around ok? It was really a very helpfull thread until you jumped in. Fu... off
Old 11-03-2005, 09:57 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

:surrender

What can I say Chilli-Dog, Im sure you’re right.!

btw, Asheville suks, that’s why I’ll never forgive myself for moving here from such a perfectly violent city like Miami… I miss it!

Old, older, oldest?
:killer:
Nah, its not that us old farts cant spot a joke anymore and be able to laugh along with it til we pee our diapers, sometimes it’s the possible underlying currents disguised as jokes that I tend to get more concerned about…

I don’t get offended anymore bud, I wouldn’t wanna risk a coronary or falling over my walker getting my pacemaker all fired up about every lil thing. I take my chill-pills every day!

Next time Im in Charlotte I’ll have to look you up!
That's some funny $hit. I don't know about Asheville sucking...they have a killer Oktoberfest, ASU, mountains, trout fishing, and well, . Oh well, make the best of it...enjoy the leaves. As for the next time you're in Charlotte, definitely...there's actually quite a few members here in/around Charlotte, but most seem to be shady when it comes to showing up for stuff.

Kim - so, what's going on with the car? Any updates?
Old 11-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by chill_dog
That's some funny $hit. I don't know about Asheville sucking...they have a killer Oktoberfest, ASU, mountains, trout fishing, and well, . Oh well, make the best of it...enjoy the leaves. As for the next time you're in Charlotte, definitely...there's actually quite a few members here in/around Charlotte, but most seem to be shady when it comes to showing up for stuff.

Kim - so, what's going on with the car? Any updates?
Nah, there's nothing to do. It needs to be repainted but me personally don't think it's worth it. Better live with a small scrath than living with a paint that does not match...

Anyways, thanks for all the replys..
Old 11-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Banned

San fran:
Sorry, my first language is not English. And yeah, I would be the same animal or worse if I see you or your car on the streets. Don't fuck around ok? It was really a very helpfull thread until you jumped in. Fu... off
hey man...just giving some advice....nothing personal...hows america? Living the American dream Mr Korea?
Old 11-03-2005, 08:00 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sAnFrAn_G
hey man...just giving some advice....nothing personal...hows america? Living the American dream Mr Korea?
Yeah, living it full throttle.. Although I'm korean, I was born in argentina.. So just to let you know, my first language is Spanish, then korean and english ok?
Old 11-03-2005, 11:10 PM
KnumbNutz

sounds like tae kwon taco

Old 11-04-2005, 12:29 AM
Instructor

Lol
Old 11-04-2005, 01:46 AM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, living it full throttle.. Although I'm korean, I was born in argentina.. So just to let you know, my first language is Spanish, then korean and english ok?

I'm in South Korea right now on business.

Don't feel bad at all kimacuratl,
I have a hard enough time with English let alone two other languages..

Cheers