Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experience Dealing w/ Ray Lak Acura

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 05:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Experience Dealing w/ Ray Lak Acura

I ordered a complete A-SPEC body kit from Ray Lak Acura just the end of May. I wasn't told by Tim at Ray Lak that they are backorder on the front lip spoiler. So, they only shipped me the side & rear underbody spoilers thru FedEx after a week or so. The box for the rear underbody spoiler was so busted up I was very concerned when I first saw it sitting outside of my garage. So, I open up the box and the spoiler looked fine and I didn't pay attention to see if it comes with hardware and installation instructions. And they finally shipped me the front under spoiler after another week.

So, here I am, ready to tackle the project last Monday, got the side installed without problem. Then, I decided to work on the rear, so I went through the prep work of jacking up the car, took my rear wheels off so I can remove my rear bumper. After reading the instruction more, damn, I got no hardware!! SOB! So, I called Tim @ Ray Lak and told him the problem, he told me he will need to speak to the Shipping Manager and will call me first thing in the morning. Of course, no call from him on the following day, so I called him and he told me that he can't ship me just the hardware and he will have to file a claim against FedEx then he can ship me a brand new set (spoiler & hardware). He told me to box up the existing spoiler and to wait for FedEx to pickup the spoiler. He also told me they should receive the new one on Monday (6/20) and will ship it to me right away and I should get it by Friday (6/24). So, I spent a hour trying to figure out how to box up a 67 1/2" rear spoiler as the original box was trashed. Finally, I boxed up the spoiler using two wardrobe boxes by telescoping them. FedEx came and pickup the spoiler last Friday and I called Tim yesterday to get a status update. He transferred me to the Shipping Manager again and this guy told me that he has not received the new set and he don't know when he will get it. So, that was a crappy answer and I meant to call him back today to ask for a better answer instead of "I don't know". Any ideas or comment on how I should best handle this? I also thought about calling my credit card company to maybe dispute the charges or something. I got a pretty good deal on the body kit ($752 shipped). What do you guys think?

Sorry for the long story,

Sam
Old 06-24-2005, 06:04 PM
ASP
Earl Shod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You got a great price.

Also sounds like they are trying to help. FedEx messed up the package. I'd be pissed at FedEx. Bummer they don't have extra hardware, but I imagine it's one to one and they order each kit from a warehouse so they don't have the ability to just pull it out of a box.

What exactly are you trying to dispute?
Old 06-24-2005, 06:28 PM
Pro

Received 68 Likes on 33 Posts
I've ordered quite a bit from Tim at Ray Lak for my wife's Pilot and every dealing has been first rate. He has great prices and excellent customer service. Yeah, he should have told you the front lip spoiler was backordered, but other than that, I can't see where they really did anything wrong. It's really not their fault the package was damaged during shipping nor is it their fault you didn't check the damaged package ahead of time to see that everything was there. Sorry...I know it must be frustrating but you're just gonna have to be patient.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:21 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my friends and i've ordered the tsx a-spec package, cargo net, all-weather matts, metallic trim, fog lamps, and trunk tray from Tim w/o any problems.

tim did partial ship my a-spec kit but that's because of a group buy and then ran out. did not have any issues with ray laks with any purchases.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:26 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 644 Likes on 285 Posts
Ray Laks sucks.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Astroboy
Ray Laks sucks.

Well, we haven't really dealt with them with accessories but when we bought an Accord from there in 2001, the salesman promised us tons of perks (loaner cars, stuff like that) but when we had to take it in to fix a window they told us that they couldn't give us one because someone's sister crashed one and returned it in the middle of the night or something crazy like that.

And I heard that since they're the only Acura dealer in the area, they don;t budge much on prices...but that's not really the same part of Ray Laks you're talking about.

Actually, I did talk to the guy (Tim) once when looking for splash guards I think, and he was actually pretty helpful, and they had the lowest price of anyone else around here...but I took his price and showed another dealer and they matched it so it all worked out... so I guess In that department they're a lot better than the other.

But in your case, I think that it was FedEx's mistake and It sounds like Tim is doing everything he can to help so I'd just go with it.

So, I guess the dealership sucks, not the parts guy...he's actually not too bad
Old 06-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Instructor

At least Ray Laks Acura does group buys on its products for its Acura customer through the other Acura forum. We have nothing like that from the dealership that sponser acurazine. It would be great if we could get something like that from Montclair Acura...
-vee
Old 06-24-2005, 09:56 PM
Intermediate

Red face Let me clarify!

Thanks for those who replied. I am sorry that I might not be too clear about what to dispute. I paid for the entire body kit and it is reasonable to expect to get the entire kit. Yes, it wasn't Tim's or the Shipping Manager fault on losing the hardware kit; however, they need to stay on top of the status of the replacement set instead of giving me a run around of not knowing when they will have it. Don't be telling me "Oh yeah, you will get it by this Friday (6/24) " and then when I confronted him on his promise, he transferred me to the Shipping Manager and told me "I don't know when".

Is it really my fault of not checking whether the hardware is included in the shipment...hell no. Like I was saying before, none of the boxes come with installation instructions. Unless I download them in advance and actually review the instructions step by step before I open the box, there is NO way anybody can tell rather the rear underbody spoiler need any hardware.

I've been in the service business for several years, it is inevitable to run into problems and that's okay. Just be honest and keep the customer inform and let the customer know you are taking care of the situation. Most of the time, the customer will not have a problem and will be back for more business. I am not in a hurry to get the replacement set. I am just not happy with how one lied to me and other tells me he don't know when I will get the replacement.

Sam