Ebay spoilers....which looks like OEM Acura TL lip spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008 | 07:28 AM
Instructor

Ebay spoilers....which looks like OEM Acura TL lip spoiler?

is there a spoiler on ebay that resembles the oem factory lip spoiler for the Acura TL? i recently bought one from the seller DeltaMotorSports which is the m3/m5 replica spoiler which seems to look pretty nice. some people on here have mentioned buying from the seller TheSpolierStore. anyone have any pics of their spoilers if they bought them off ebay and who they bought them from? thanks in advance!
Old 02-25-2008 | 08:14 AM
Administrator

This thread has been moved from the Performance Parts & Modifications subforum to the proper forum. Please read The "Modifications" in "Performance Parts & Modifications" announcement at the top of the Performance Parts & Modifications subforum for a full explanation.
Old 02-25-2008 | 09:17 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by swedrows
is there a spoiler on ebay that resembles the oem factory lip spoiler for the Acura TL? i recently bought one from the seller DeltaMotorSports which is the m3/m5 replica spoiler which seems to look pretty nice. some people on here have mentioned buying from the seller TheSpolierStore. anyone have any pics of their spoilers if they bought them off ebay and who they bought them from? thanks in advance!
I got mine from thespoilerstore on ebay. Customer service was great. The first one got damaged by fedex. The seller sent me another one promptly. Here are pictures:

Old 02-25-2008 | 11:37 AM
King of NYC

I just wanted to post a reply to the many PMs I have from this subject. May it be a definitive answer to those of you searching.

Rocky's short tutorial on lip spoilers:

This hasn't been broken down just like this before, so I'll try. If you are going for a deckid lip spoiler just be aware there are 4 types. There is the OEM Acura A-Spec spoiler, there is the OEM replica spoiler, there is the Type-S spoiler and there is the M5 spoiler.

The decklid spoiler I used is an OEM Acura A-Spec replica. It's NOT a real Acura one. It is 98% the same thing though. Mine looks identical to post #21 here:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141984

I have looked at it side by side and you can't tell the difference! The Acura one is made out of a bit firmer materials. The one I have is slightly more flexible. Also the OEM one mounts with screws and double sided tape. My replica one only mounts with tape. I feel tape is all that is necessary because it is so lightweight, it's not going anywhere. If it ever needs to be retaped, I'd rather do that than drill holes into my trunk! I did that on my old BMW and it wasn't a fun job. I was always scared of leaks and rust.

I bought my spoiler from Ebay. (It was the very 1st mod I did on my car! I bought it BEFORE I bought my car and put it on the day I bought my car! Came up the driveway and first thing I did was install the spoiler! Talk about excitement, lol!) It came painted and cost $115 back in 2006. That was an excellent price back then. I've seen the same spoilers go on Ebay for as cheap as $60. The OEM one was $300 back then. Some people think the OEM for the extra money is worth it, as if they got something special out of it. I don't, I am very happy with the one I have and I know I saved some money in a smart way.

The 1st one I bought had mismatched paint. (anthracite is hard to match) The company sent me another one that was a 99% match. It was good enough for me, you can't hardly tell unless you look close that it's not perfect. My Acura bodykit has way worse of a color mismatch. If Acura can't get it right, how can anyone else?

The other type is the Type-S spoiler. This spoiler is a few millimeters longer and higher than the older spoiler.
https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/computer-networking-books-147086/

When it first came out it was only $105!! It was Acura's mistake and they raised it to $250-$300 now.
https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/giant-killer-ape-species-discovered-congo-156889/

There is no replica available, only the Acura one. I like it, but I already bought mine. Also anthracite is not a 2007+ color so I would have to repaint it on top of my $300 cost of it. Not worth it for me, but if you don't mind the cost it could work for you.

The last type is the M5 spoiler. This is the most common replica spoiler you will find on Ebay. You HAVE to be careful here because when you look up "spoiler" for the Acura TL it will pull up a lot of listings. Some will be for the OEM replica and some for the M5 spoiler which looks very similar but they ARE different. The Acura OEM one has specific contours and was made in exact dimensions and specs to the OEM spoiler. The M5 spoiler is just a generic copy that I personally don't like on the TL look at post #5 to see what I mean:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170152

Lastly the roof spoiler. I was the first to try the carbon fiber style one. I didn't like it too much at first, now I love it and I get compliments all the time. All the info about mine is here.
https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/more-acura-stuff-sale-comptech-hks-162286/

Just look up 45" spoiler on Ebay, it'll come up. With this one you want the M5 replica design.

Hope this helps you guys.
Old 02-25-2008 | 11:51 AM
Safety Car

yup! got mine from the spoilerstore too. for me, first one was damaged as well, but i didn't notice until i had already stuck it on; the company instead gave me a fatty discount...
still holdin on and looks oem!
Old 02-25-2008 | 11:55 AM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Great info, Rocky! now, it's easier to see the differences.
Old 02-25-2008 | 03:05 PM
Racer

Seems like thespoilerstore needs to package their boxes better. Very great spoiler but Fedex is throwing them around pretty hard. For $108, it's well worth the savings. IMO, get an OEM replica one if you are getting an aftermarket one. The $60 ones are on the small side. With OEM sized one, you can't go wrong with the look.
Old 02-25-2008 | 06:05 PM
Cruisin'

I have looked at it side by side and you can't tell the difference! The Acura one is made out of a bit firmer materials. The one I have is slightly more flexible. Also the OEM one mounts with screws and double sided tape. My replica one only mounts with tape. I feel tape is all that is necessary because it is so lightweight, it's not going anywhere. If it ever needs to be retaped, I'd rather do that than drill holes into my trunk! I did that on my old BMW and it wasn't a fun job. I was always scared of leaks and rust.

Can OEM spoiler be mounted just with the tape too, or does it need to be drilled down (because otherwise, say, the mounting bracket prevents it from being taped down securely)? I'm thinking about buying OEM.
Old 02-25-2008 | 09:54 PM
King of NYC

In the case of the OEM wing spoiler, it's a different story! I think you should definitely screw that down.

If not because of the wind and weight, just because the ocassional numbskull who likes to open/close the trunk using it as a handle or the coolguy jackasses who like to lean up on your car or yank on it for fun. I have had plenty of episodes like that on my old cars with wing spoilers and thank God they were fastened on to the trunk properly with screws! 3M tape is always good as an adjuant measure and ensure a hug.
Old 02-26-2008 | 08:47 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by rockyfeller
In the case of the OEM wing spoiler, it's a different story! I think you should definitely screw that down.

If not because of the wind and weight, just because the ocassional numbskull who likes to open/close the trunk using it as a handle or the coolguy jackasses who like to lean up on your car or yank on it for fun. I have had plenty of episodes like that on my old cars with wing spoilers and thank God they were fastened on to the trunk properly with screws! 3M tape is always good as an adjuant measure and ensure a hug.
I'm thinking he meant that OEM lip spoiler and not the wing spoiler. The OEM lip spoiler has threaded ends that come out of the spoiler if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure if you can remove those studs or not. If it's OEM, you'll probably have to drill. If it's aftermarket, you won't. If it's a wing spoiler, you'll always have to drill because you can grab it like a handle.
Old 02-26-2008 | 12:26 PM
King of NYC

Originally Posted by binhsterbinh
I'm thinking he meant that OEM lip spoiler and not the wing spoiler.

Most people who have bought the OEM spoiler went all out and installed exactly like Acura's directions to drill. There are some on the forum who didn't bother and simply used just the DS tape and it's worked out just fine.
Old 02-26-2008 | 05:47 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by rockyfeller

Most people who have bought the OEM spoiler went all out and installed exactly like Acura's directions to drill. There are some on the forum who didn't bother and simply used just the DS tape and it's worked out just fine.
Thanks, I did mean the lip spoiler. Another question (which should probably be addressed by a dealership, but...) : If I buy USED OEM online and have it installed at the dealer, would the dealer provide warranty for the installation? I'm worrying about the possible rusting around the holes. Well, fook it, I'll call the dealer tomorrow and let you guys know.
Old 02-29-2008 | 02:43 AM
3rd Gear

What a disaster...

I just got mine from EBAY seller Delsa Motorsports. I have seen their name and lack of shipping info on other threads. I thought I was buying a TL type-s "decklid spoiler". The seller is located in Canada and sells them for about $60. plus another $28 for shipping because they ship from TAIWAN! Not only did I receive a spolier style I did not want, but it is WAY off in the paint-matching. The style that arrived is an M-5 style, not the OEM type-s style.
I will let everyone know how the seller conducts himself on the return.
I placed it on the decklid for this picture.....
CRAP, how do I attach the picture?
Old 02-29-2008 | 10:58 AM
Racer

i just ordered an oem style spoiler off ebay from the spoiler store for $110.00 total with shipping. has anyone other than binhsterbinh. please let me know how the fitment is and the color matching. thanks
Old 02-29-2008 | 02:53 PM
Instructor

Buy the TL-S 2007 Lip spoiler. Its more longer than the 04-06.
Old 02-29-2008 | 03:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by blue96813
Buy the TL-S 2007 Lip spoiler. Its more longer than the 04-06.
that's what i am trying to decide right now, if i want the regular lip spoiler or the type-s lip spoiler. i have only been able to find used type-s spoilers going for about $135 on ebay, then i'd have to pony up another $40 for paint and do it myself...that's the big downside since they don't have the type-s already painted in my 2004 Abyss Blue Pearl color.

if i get the regular oem style lip spolier, it still looks pretty sharp, and i can get one that is painted for $110....so it's either $110 for a painted lip spoiler, or about $175 for type-s lip spoiler with my own paint job on it.....
Old 02-29-2008 | 03:13 PM
King of NYC

so i guess it's starting to become apparent that Delsa is the one to stay away from and the spoilerstore seems to sell the goods.
Old 02-29-2008 | 03:18 PM
Racer

swedrows, where on ebay did u see the type s spoiler? i have never been able to locate one
Old 02-29-2008 | 03:29 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jnnyjuice
swedrows, where on ebay did u see the type s spoiler? i have never been able to locate one
usually you have to just look for oem spoiler, and then e-mail the sellers. there are random people that put used spoilers for sale, and a few have been type-s with them not realizing it until you ask them to measure it or get a close-up pic of the side...all the spoilers that are for sale from sellers like spoilerstore and stuff are the regular ones, you really will only be able to score a type-s from a regular seller or one of the sellers that sells parts after pulling them from wrecked cars

and to an earlier post, yes, stay away from the Delsa-Motorsports spoilers since those are the M3/M5 replica spoilers...i bought it thinking it was the same one everyone has on their TL, only to do a search AFTER i got it in the mail on this website and saw the picture comparisons....opps, my bad it's okay though since i only shelled out $60 for the Delsa spoiler, and i am thinking i will be able to get rid of it for like $30 or $40...better to lose $20 or $30 and get the spoiler i want instead of putting on a spoiler that will make my car look bad
Old 03-01-2008 | 01:06 AM
Instructor

John Eagle Acura sells there 2007 TL-S Spoiler $230 painted and shipped.
Old 03-01-2008 | 11:13 AM
Elegance

Great Post Rockeyfeller!! I think I like the Type-s the most, is there any pics of the OEM by acura, I went over that thread and there was nothing. The M5 spoiler is ugly, the one you have is nice but the Type-s looks more aggressive.
Old 03-01-2008 | 12:29 PM
King of NYC

You're welcome.

Yup my pick also is the Type-S one. The A-Spec one is a little to subtle and wraps maybe a little too naturally (if there were such a thing) around the trunk. The Type-S sticks up a bit more showing itself off, yet remaining somwhat low profile. I like that. A stock car probably looks good with the smaller A-Spec spoiler. A car with a bodykit like mine I think will do better with a Type-S spoiler.

It's just that it only comes OEM and dosen't come in anthracite. The idea is still teasing my brain, maybe in another year I may get sick of my A-Spec and get the Type-S spoiler. I just have to justify the extra cost for a few cms more of spoiler somehow.
Old 03-01-2008 | 12:41 PM
Fight On!

Originally Posted by blue96813
John Eagle Acura sells there 2007 TL-S Spoiler $230 painted and shipped.
I don't see that online. Their estore lists it at $400.

Did you call or am I missing something?
Old 03-03-2008 | 08:08 PM
8th Gear

Hey everyone! This is my first post. I just purchased my 05 TL last week and I’m loving it. I have been researching all the spoilers on ebay and found this forum very helpful. I decided to purchase the one from thespoilerstore on ebay. I look forward to posting some photos and feedback. PCATL05
Old 03-04-2008 | 11:06 PM
Racer

Hey everyone i received my spoiler tonight from thespoilerstore.com on ebay..i have to say that i am beyond impressed!!!!! perfect color matching, perfect fitment,and excellent quality i couldnt ask for a better spoiler for a quarter the price of the oem one.it looks and fits just the same as my oem wing on my last tl. it came packaged very nicely. and i got it withing 4 days.not to mention it only took me 10 minutes to install by myself. for $108.00 painted and shipped u cant beat it.. look for this company on ebay for a high quality replica oem tl spoiler. i will try to post pics of the wing installed soon.
Old 03-05-2008 | 12:55 AM
3rd Gear

BUYER BEWARE -EBAY SELLER"Delsa Motorsports"

I have sent this guy "Alex" three emails via Ebay, no response. My spoiler arrived last week from Taiwan despite the fact that they label it as if it came from Canada. It is totally wrong in color (somewhere between Anthracite and Silver). I Googled " Delsa Motorsports Phone number" and there were pages of people saying he has been screwing customers for a long time. Their phone number also goes to China, not Canada, but it does not matter because they won't return calls. Help out our fellow Acura, Honda, Bimmer, and other car owners by telling them about this scam artist.
Old 03-05-2008 | 01:04 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CrazyNurse
I don't see that online. Their estore lists it at $400.

Did you call or am I missing something?
Stephen Bradburn
John Eagle Acura Parts
281-589-0326
800-441-6878
Old 03-05-2008 | 01:38 PM
Racer

Like i said Halo, the spoilerstore is the way to go on ebay. u cant beat it.
Old 03-06-2008 | 06:47 PM
Instructor

i just got my spoiler from thespoilercompany, and it is absolutely flawless! perfectly matched paint, spoiler wraps perfectly to the curve of the trunk and around the top...great quality too.

so that makes two great companies to buy spoilers from on ebay, thespoilerstore and thespoilercompany....and one to stay away from, delsa-motorsports

fyi, mine was $110 shipped and painted to the factory color code for the lip spoiler
Old 03-06-2008 | 11:22 PM
King of NYC

So aren't you glad you didn't waste money and go OEM? Told ya!
Old 03-07-2008 | 12:19 PM
8th Gear

New LIP Spoiler from thespoilerstore

Hey Everyone!
Here are my photos of my new PAINTED ACURA TL LIP FACTORY STYLE SPOILER 2005-2007 from thespoilerstore off ebay. As you can see they have a great product.
Truly worth the $108.00 shipped

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-07-2008 | 01:32 PM
Advanced

Just ordered my deck lip spoiler from thespoilerstore off ebay. Cant wait to get it. ANyone have any hints or advice for a good install? Thanks
Old 03-16-2008 | 02:43 PM
Advanced

hey jnnyjuice...i'm assuming your spoiler was white diamond peal? what year? just wondering how the color matching from thespoilerstore.com was. i'm thinking about buying one for my '04. thanks.
Old 03-16-2008 | 09:10 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by KHS1021
hey jnnyjuice...i'm assuming your spoiler was white diamond peal? what year? just wondering how the color matching from thespoilerstore.com was. i'm thinking about buying one for my '04. thanks.

Hey everyone i received my spoiler tonight from thespoilerstore.com on ebay..i have to say that i am beyond impressed!!!!! perfect color matching, perfect fitment,and excellent quality i couldnt ask for a better spoiler for a quarter the price of the oem one.it looks and fits just the same as my oem wing on my last tl. it came packaged very nicely. and i got it withing 4 days.not to mention it only took me 10 minutes to install by myself. for $108.00 painted and shipped u cant beat it.. look for this company on ebay for a high quality replica oem tl spoiler. i will try to post pics of the wing installed soon.

Thats is his post on 1st page.............
Old 03-17-2008 | 05:36 PM
Racer

KHS1021, im not sure what year it was i didnt look but the color match is perfect and so is the paint job. im very impressed with the product.
Old 03-19-2008 | 07:42 PM
Advanced

cool, i actually just bought mine today for my '04. $108 shipped really can't be beat. so i'll let y'all know how it turns out.
Old 03-20-2008 | 05:14 PM
Racer

cool, def post some pics when u have it installed
Old 04-22-2008 | 04:36 PM
Advanced

sorry it took me so damn long to post pics. here is the decklid spoiler from thespoilerstore.com on ebay on my '04 WDP.

Old 04-22-2008 | 07:33 PM
Instructor

Does this also fit the 2008 model?
Old 04-22-2008 | 09:08 PM
Racer

ordered mine just now! lets see if they can match the redondo red pearl paint

Quick Reply: Ebay spoilers....which looks like OEM Acura TL lip spoiler?