Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

East Bay Auto Spa: Clear Bra & Tint

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 10:18 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
East Bay Auto Spa: Clear Bra & Tint

I'm getting clear bra and window tint installed today. 14 inch on the hood, front side on front bumper, side mirrors plus he will installed clear bra on my headlights for free. He also throw felt for free for my tints. I got my front side tinted also. He'll use a special film for my rear window so i can have my AM reception. Well, everything should be done today, hopefully it looks good. i'll give you guys update.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:28 AM
I'm Baaack!

How much for the bra?? I just got a quote for $1100 over here in the East Coast... Can you say "NFW"?!
Old 09-24-2004, 01:21 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by foot3ch
I'm getting clear bra and window tint installed today. 14 inch on the hood, front side on front bumper, side mirrors plus he will installed clear bra on my headlights for free. He also throw felt for free for my tints. I got my front side tinted also. He'll use a special film for my rear window so i can have my AM reception. Well, everything should be done today, hopefully it looks good. i'll give you guys update.
These folks did my TL. Did a good job but very pricey.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:12 PM
Instructor

I had mine done total (clear bra, headlight protection, window tints(5 windows), and the felt) under $1000 tho. I think that's pretty good deal?
Old 09-24-2004, 05:00 PM
Advanced

I had mine done total (clear bra, headlight protection, window tints(5 windows), and the felt) under $1000 tho. I think that's pretty good deal?
That's about what I paid just for the clear bra. Next time you see Nick Ocampo, tell him that he "f**ked Dave in Clayton and that "friends come and go but enemies accumulate!" He's an asshole!
Old 09-24-2004, 05:42 PM
.:HALCÓN DE LA NOCHE:.

So you paid about $750 for the clear bra, right?

Where exactly are they located & what brand of clear bra?
Old 09-24-2004, 08:18 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by xristos
So you paid about $750 for the clear bra, right?

Where exactly are they located & what brand of clear bra?
I just got mine done to from Invisiguard here on the site, very good work, good service. I was very satisfied. Now I need to find a good shop near Sac to tint the windows.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:38 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by J & M
I just got mine done to from Invisiguard here on the site, very good work, good service. I was very satisfied. Now I need to find a good shop near Sac to tint the windows.
J & M, do you have NAVI? I got mine done at Rocky Mountain Window Tint on El Camino and Ethan. They are an authorized dealer for Formula 1 Pinnacle (Ceramic) tint. Give em a call at 922-3960. BTW, not open on weekends.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:56 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
J & M, do you have NAVI? I got mine done at Rocky Mountain Window Tint on El Camino and Ethan. They are an authorized dealer for Formula 1 Pinnacle (Ceramic) tint. Give em a call at 922-3960. BTW, not open on weekends.
nah bro no navi, I just got the front/ back/side spoiler/deck lid. Did they put the mole skin or what ever the heck everyone puts on so the door so the tint don't scratch? BTW how much did it cost you and what kinda tint did you use?
Old 09-24-2004, 11:47 PM
Instructor

I have quote for clear bra hood (24"), bumpers(extended kit), mirrors, headlights for $750. Xpel by 3M for clear bra - another product for headlights.

Tint all side mirrors and back mirrors with Huber Optic Ceramic tint (top of the line) to not interfere with my navi - $450.

Those are decent prices for the east coast/mid atlantic.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:54 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nah bro no navi, I just got the front/ back/side spoiler/deck lid. Did they put the mole skin or what ever the heck everyone puts on so the door so the tint don't scratch? BTW how much did it cost you and what kinda tint did you use?
After reading about how metallic film can interfere with reception, I specifically asked for Formula 1 Pinnacle which is a ceramic film. I got 35% on the rear and back doors and they would only do clear on the front doors (CA Law). So I gotta look for a shop that will do the fronts with a lighter tint. Paid 2 bills.

As far as moleskin, the owner said he has had no problems with the rears but only the fronts. Took his word on it and didn't get moleskin. I have some on hand just in case. Charges $25 per door to install the felt. I'm pretty sure you know you can get the kit online. Anyway, I had it installed about two weeks ago and have rolled down the windows several times after I let it cure for a week. Haven't seen any scratches (yet) but found some small air bubbles. I'll call them and get it taken care of.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:34 AM
Instructor

Sorry I just got back tonite. All the clear bra are 3M (hood, headlights, bumper, and side mirrors). The tints are metalized film (rear and front side mirrors), rear window use a special metalized film so it won't iterfere xm nor am reception. Plus to instal the felt (included) he had to spend some labor to remove the door panels for all four doors. Installation was clean, I was very satisfied for under $1000. Can you find a better deal in norcal? Thanks,
Old 09-27-2004, 02:12 AM

foot3ch,

So what's the name of the shop that installed your clear bra & was the brand Expel?

BTW, your XM antenna is on the outside of your car so you don't have to worry about interference. It took my tint installer about 10 minutes to remove & locate the plastic strips that would need the feltskin. It wasn't that hard.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:27 AM
04TL/SSM/Quartz/AT/Navi

Why do you folks on the West Coast continue to put up with high prices? I just got my '04 TL 11 days ago and had the dealer (through a 3rd party professional) install the 3M X-Pel clear bra for $600. This way if I have any problems I can go right back to the dealer to coordinate -- and the reputation of the installer is at stake, too. It included the entire front bumper (sans headlights), at least 24" up the hood and the backs of the outside mirrors. It's the easiet stuff to clean, too -- just take a wet sponge to lightly scrub off (don't leave bugs, etc. on there too long) and dry with a clean, dry cloth towel. I keep all this plus my sheepskin wash mitt, car wash soap and microfiber towels in the trunk, using the small side cargo net (all in my wash bucket with my gentle spray nozzle).

Good luck getting a better price. If you're the kind (like me) that tends to keep cars for 7+ years, the clear bra is the only way to go to keep the front looking showroon new.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by srhewes
Why do you folks on the West Coast continue to put up with high prices? I just got my '04 TL 11 days ago and had the dealer (through a 3rd party professional) install the 3M X-Pel clear bra for $600. This way if I have any problems I can go right back to the dealer to coordinate -- and the reputation of the installer is at stake, too. It included the entire front bumper (sans headlights), at least 24" up the hood and the backs of the outside mirrors. It's the easiet stuff to clean, too -- just take a wet sponge to lightly scrub off (don't leave bugs, etc. on there too long) and dry with a clean, dry cloth towel. I keep all this plus my sheepskin wash mitt, car wash soap and microfiber towels in the trunk, using the small side cargo net (all in my wash bucket with my gentle spray nozzle).

Good luck getting a better price. If you're the kind (like me) that tends to keep cars for 7+ years, the clear bra is the only way to go to keep the front looking showroon new.
The $1,000 included the clear bra and window tint if your read his posts. Looks like there is only a $75 difference from what i've read on this forum compared to west & east coast prices.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:55 AM
Advanced

Hey thanks for the good word!

BTW our Xpel kit uses 24" film, not 14" for the hood. If anyone has any questions feel free to drop us a line!

Jeremy
Invisiguard@sbcglobal.net
Old 11-24-2004, 01:27 PM
Banned

Don't forget to buy some mole skin too!