3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Ding-Any experience with Dent Wizard?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 05:41 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Door Ding-Any experience with Dent Wizard?

I park away from the masses if I have a choice, and always try to respect my fellow man by never allowing my vehicle doors to touch another vehicles. Man it's just common courtesy to respect other people's property. Well, after only one month an inconsiderate SOB has put a 3" long crease in my passenger side door. It's not deep and the paint has not been scratched, but it really pisses me.

Anyways, I took my ride to a reputable body shop and asked them what it would cost to fix the ding. $350 to fill ding, repaint door, and clear coat. Fortunately, the guy that owns the shop is a friend and suggested that I give the Ding Wizard a shot at repairing the damage. He said that they do an nice job on cars with hail damage, and that he had heard good things about them.

Anyone have a good or bad experience with paintless dent removal??

Thanks in advance,
Waynewarrior
Old 01-09-2006, 05:48 PM
I slow down for COPS

Thumbs up

for Dent Wizard from me

We had a big dent in our Jeep and they took it right out. You could not tell there was anything there before.

Good luck,

Mark.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
for me too with PDR (Paintless Dent Repair). Long dent in fender from shopping cart. Cost $95. Relief: Priceless. I can't even tell it was ever there.

Of course it depends on your particular technician, but they usually know what they are doing and get good results.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:10 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
My experience years ago was with the dent magician (a competitor of the wizard at the time). I wanted to kiss the guy when he was done it looked so good. Well worth it. I was also given the "we have to paint the whole hood and fenders" quote too until a coworker mentioned the "magician" If the metal is really creased badly it may be tougher for them to get "perfect". Check it out for sure before you bother with paint.

I like "least invasive" first. You can always go the paint route later if you have to. Once you paint, you can't go back to the finish you got when you bought the car.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dent Wizard - Paintless Dent Repair (PDR)

Hi,

I've used Dent Wizard of Baltimore for two dent repairs - one large dent on my wife's Sienna door caused by the impact of a piece of lumber and one smaller dent on my TL fender caused by me when I leaned on the car while waxing the hood. Each repair cost $98; each took about an hour - while I waited at the dealership.

I am 100% satisfied with the work. I'm very particular about the appearance of my vehicles. If I had not witnessed it with my own eyes, I would not have believed in possible to repair the dents perfectly!

- 2005 TL, AT, RRP with Parchment
- 2003 TL, AT, NGM with Parchment

Regards!
Old 01-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Instructor

I took my 99 M3 to Carsmetics in St. Pete. $100. AWESOME

I would recommend PDR if there is NO paint chipping in the ding.

miiipilot
Old 01-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Pro

When I was picking my car up the right front fender had a nice ding in it. PDR came and made it good as new and some floor mats for my time. I would recomend them.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:54 AM
Intermediate

Another thumbs up for Paintless Dent Repair. A Service Advisor hooked me up with an independent tech who primarily does work for dealers. Like others have said, when he was done you couldn't tell the dings ever were there.

I suggest talking up the dealer's service team to see who the dealership uses.

If you are around the Allentown PA area let me know and I'll send you the contact info for the independent tech.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:43 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
My dad used Dent Wizard to remove a dent on his 2G...can't even tell it was there.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I've used Dent wizard for over twelve years, keeps my cars looking good and saves me the time and my vehicles over all value and appearance.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:41 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Paitless and other dent removal need a way to get to the back of the dent/ding. If not they drill a hole to get their instrument to push it out. make sure they drill in very inconspicuous place and treat it with coating after the job with proper chemicals not to rust. But for me they've worked well in the pat.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had a dent along the crease on the side of my TSX from a carriage on a windy day (I work at a supermarket on the weekends) and I took it to Dent Wizard. They took it out in 1/2 hour. You don't even know it was ever there. Good Luck!
Old 01-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Pro

PDR's are the best thing in the world when it comes to dents.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:47 PM
10th Gear

Did it finally!!

Well I had my 4" crease taken out by the wizard. They quoted me $189 to do it. The Tech said it would be quite difficult to do since it was a sharp edged dent. I tried my best to take a picture before and after, but this kind of dent is really difficult to capture in a picture. But suffice to say it was annoying as hell, and it would drive a car nut crazy. It is a horizontal crease toward the lower half of the pass. door, and it is centered in the cleaned area...sorry my car had just survived another snow storm so don't rag on me too much.

I thought $189 was a little high, but 1-1/2 hours later the tech came back and the door is perfect. The guy looked like he had been through a war experience, his hands were all red and he was sweating up a storm; also, it looked like he needed to see a chiropracter afterwards. He said it was a major bitch and he almost gave up, since he had to get behind the door brace.

All I can say is that it works and it saved me about half the cost of a body shop. Also, it was a very nice experience....ever been in a body shop waiting room....well they don't have them.

Waynewarrior

Old 01-13-2006, 06:03 AM
Pro

Now you should wash and wax your car to show off the paint!!! Just kidding. Yeah you should wash your car to see if there is wavy lines on the paint. When I had a couple of dents on my old RSX-S... I would clean my car so they can see better with the light.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:43 AM
Racer

I've got to ring the bell of praise for Paintless Dent Removal too. I got a divot in a compound curve of my three day old '95 Maxima SE when my then 3 year-old son wanted to prove he was a big boy by opening the door of my wife's Explorer and getting into his car seat all by himself. The kid actually managed to wedge the Explorer's door into my brand new Maxima!

After a month of psychiatric therapy , I took it too a paintless repair shop. The guy wasn't too confident he could get the dent out because of it being in the roll of the fender.

25 minutes and $60.00 later, he came back apologizing that he could not get the dent completely out. When he showed it to me, I couldn't see where there was any evidence of a dent. He explained in order to see the dent, you had to contort your body and look at it with the sun hitting it at a certain angle. What a perfectionist! It was more than good enough for me, Mr. Obsessive Compulsive!

I think you will find most of these guys extremely proud of their work because they realize they are miracle workers.

Good Luck!