3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you ever worry that you bought the wrong color car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 02:58 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you ever worry that you bought the wrong color car?

While looking at a lot of the pics and seeing other TL's on the road...it makes me ponder the thought if I purchased the "right" colored car for me - even though regardless I'm stuck with White Diamond Pearle for at least 6-years (cuz I'm not planning to trade in any time soon).

I only had two colors to choose from because they were the only two on the lot with navigation; WDP and Royal Blue - and that type of blue just isn't for me - and really neither is white to be honest. It was better than the blue and I figured that I could get used to it - and in a sense I have. But when I see the one I REALLY wanted - Nighthawk Black Pearle - I'm jealous! Hell - I'm a 32 year old woman - I shouldn't be jealous over another cars color! hahahahaha. But, I am. Not to mention that I never had parchment interior, either. My Accord was silver with black interior and loved it.

Oh well - I'm not complaining, because the TL gets me to where I need to go and it's a pleasurable ride, no doubt. Just thought I'd put it out there to see if I'm the only fool who jumped the gun without waiting.........
Old 02-28-2006, 03:02 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 217 Likes on 131 Posts
love my antracite... I will love it even more when I get my grill painted next week.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:04 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no worries, in my opinion you have by far the nicest color of them all. To make you appreciate it even more, put some tint on the car. The contrast between the white car and it's dark windows will make it look really sweet. Trust me

edit: oh... the only thing I would do is get rid of the tacky gold emblems. You're 32, not 72.....
Old 02-28-2006, 03:05 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
loving my WDP! I guess because that was the color I was interested in all along.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:10 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Originally Posted by elpepe
no worries, in my opinion you have by far the nicest color of them all. To make you appreciate it even more, put some tint on the car. The contrast between the white car and it's dark windows will make it look really sweet. Trust me
My man thinks that I should get tints on the car; ironically, he has a white car and tinted windows it does look nice. I've been trying to think of what I want to do to make me give it more love and the best I can come up with is putting new wheels on it. I almost sense regret not upgrading the wheels when I bought the car. My wheels on the Accord I traded in were awesome! They were either 10 or 12 spoke; if only I could have put them on the TL...I'd be in my glory.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:13 PM
Racer

Yes, I regret my color. I have a 05 Nighthawk Black Pearl TL. It looks so damn good when its clean, but the upkeep of this color is ridiculous. You see every nick and scratch on this color and dirt is very visible on black. Swirls are also ridiculous, and who has time to spend 7 hours to zaino their car? When it is clean and swirl free though, this color can't be beat. I wish I had gotten WDP or Anthracite. Hey, wanna trade?... Too bad urs is auto...
Old 02-28-2006, 03:13 PM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I love my ABP. That was the color I wanted all along and I was poised to possibly wait 3 months for an ABP/Quartz. Luckily they located one for me within a week.

Did you not ask the dealership if they could have located the NBP for you somewhere else?
Old 02-28-2006, 03:17 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

I had the choice of Blue with parchment (which looks like pumpkin to me) Silver with Quartz or Anthracite with Quartz and I went with the Anthracite.

My top choices were Black or White though. I kinda wished I had gotten the white but I think the Anthracite is beautiful now that Ive had it for two months
Old 02-28-2006, 03:21 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

edit: oh... the only thing I would do is get rid of the tacky gold emblems. You're 32, not 72.....
UGH!~ You're making me MORE depressed!!!
The only reason I got them on is because my significant other thought that they would look cool on the white car. Having said that - I figured, why not - what the hell - it's a car. I'm not even a "gold" type person; I like silver! But - when you're in love - it can make you do crazy things...

I had to laugh because while reading your post over - and I missed that part the first time around - I was talking with my man on the phone and told him about the comment. I had to explain to him that I guess we're old heads now!
Old 02-28-2006, 03:30 PM
04 NBP 6MT

I like my NBP with ebony. Plus the NBP adds like 10 whp.

I had no choice, as mine is a used car. But it was exactly the color combination I wanted and 6MT. I had a NBP with black interior RSX Type-S before the TL.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:31 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Originally Posted by AMIC
Did you not ask the dealership if they could have located the NBP for you somewhere else?
To be honest...I didn't even think that the salesman wanted to sell me the car to begin with; he didn't even offer and I was so caught up in getting out of my Accord and into the TL, that I didn't care at the moment and acted impulsively instead of intelligently.

When I very first went on my lunch break to test drive the TL...I fell in love all over again, just like I did with the Accord. That day, the salesman said to me, "...you know, even though I work for Acura, my wife and I still drive Accords". I'm like - ok buddy - that's you, not me. It was almost as if the guy had a stick up his butt for (a) me being a woman and (b) me being able to afford the car and (c) him still driving an Accord. He was probably THE most boring, unencouraging salesperson I had ever had.

Of course now - I see things differently in hindsight; would have asked for a different salesperson, etc. Oh well - it must be meant to be....
Old 02-28-2006, 03:37 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
I absolutely love WDP. Mine has an ebony interior though. To be honest, for me, most other TL colors seem to blend in with the vehicles around them. I really like Anthracite though. It was a tough choice between the 2. Both really stand out, and look nice. The deciding factor for me was that, in my area, practically 90% of the TL's out there are Silver, Anthracite or NBP. I see very few WDP's you can see the lines of my car at night!

Ebony vs Parch interior really makes a difference in the looks of the car though...mine almost doesnt need a tint, the sweet contrast is still there. I bet if you got a tint, it would really look nice.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:37 PM
Safety Car

Received 303 Likes on 177 Posts
I was gonna get my TL in black but my friend who is the manager at acura recommended me on the Royal Blue. At first I wasn't used to it yet because I was planning on modifying it and I like my TL in black. But after a few weeks I guess I got used to it and started to like the color a lot. I like it because the inside gauge are blue already and it kinda matches the color outside. Also like during certain time at night it kinda changes to a dark purple color. So ya....lucky I didn't get a black but instead a royal blue.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm with Leedogg. I changed out the chrome emblems for a graphite and with chrome a-spec wheels it looks great.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,150 Likes on 776 Posts
Not at all!

I really like my SSM (silver) TL. The only other choice I considered was anthracite, but the front-end trim looked better on the silver cars.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KJW73
UGH!~ You're making me MORE depressed!!!
The only reason I got them on is because my significant other thought that they would look cool on the white car. Having said that - I figured, why not - what the hell - it's a car. I'm not even a "gold" type person; I like silver! But - when you're in love - it can make you do crazy things...

I had to laugh because while reading your post over - and I missed that part the first time around - I was talking with my man on the phone and told him about the comment. I had to explain to him that I guess we're old heads now!
hehe.. ..sorry! but hey at least you had a good reason to do it as long as you're in love!

... and it's always easy to fix if you get tired of the gold....

and yah, nice wheels + tint really make the TL look nice. Don't be sorry you didn't
go for some factory wheel upgrade, this gives you a larger selection of nicer wheels at a better price now....

The last thing after wheels + tint, is to lower it a bit...If you don't mind a bit stiffer ride.

nways good luck
Old 02-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I love the WDP on the TL. NBP sometimes looks good and sometimes doesn't but I always think that a WDP looks beautiful. I think you made the right decision!
Old 02-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
nope.... AM is great but to tell the truth, i wish to see more of that rondo (?) reds that they stopped producing.....
Old 02-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts
I've got an 02 satin silver. It comes from a long line of silver cars. It never makes me upset, but sometimes I wish it was black... but then again, i dont feel like babying a black car. so oh well
Old 02-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 708 Likes on 325 Posts
While looking at a lot of the pics and seeing other TL's on the road...it makes me ponder the thought if I purchased the "right" colored car for me - even though regardless I'm stuck with White Diamond Pearle for at least 6-years (cuz I'm not planning to trade in any time soon).

I only had two colors to choose from because they were the only two on the lot with navigation; WDP and Royal Blue - and that type of blue just isn't for me - and really neither is white to be honest. It was better than the blue and I figured that I could get used to it - and in a sense I have. But when I see the one I REALLY wanted - Nighthawk Black Pearle - I'm jealous! Hell - I'm a 32 year old woman - I shouldn't be jealous over another cars color! hahahahaha. But, I am. Not to mention that I never had parchment interior, either. My Accord was silver with black interior and loved it.

Oh well - I'm not complaining, because the TL gets me to where I need to go and it's a pleasurable ride, no doubt. Just thought I'd put it out there to see if I'm the only fool who jumped the gun without waiting.........
I was in the same boat, more or less. I started off thinking I was going to get a black one, but the car they had in the showroom was exactly what I wanted (except for the colour). I don't have any regrets though. Anthracite looks pretty darned good, and black has a younger image that I'm not comfortable with anymore.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:51 PM
malacanyang palace

WDP color its look like you Driving a Frigidaire
Old 02-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by orgalvez
WDP color its look like you Driving a Frigidaire
So would an ASM mean your driving stainless steel Frigidaire?
Old 02-28-2006, 06:29 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by leedogg
I absolutely love WDP. Mine has an ebony interior though. To be honest, for me, most other TL colors seem to blend in with the vehicles around them. I really like Anthracite though. It was a tough choice between the 2. Both really stand out, and look nice. The deciding factor for me was that, in my area, practically 90% of the TL's out there are Silver, Anthracite or NBP. I see very few WDP's you can see the lines of my car at night!

Ebony vs Parch interior really makes a difference in the looks of the car though...mine almost doesnt need a tint, the sweet contrast is still there. I bet if you got a tint, it would really look nice.
I see more Silver around here than anything, but I def agree Silver and Black are everywhere
Old 02-28-2006, 06:34 PM
LeftFoot, RightHand Happy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I originally wanted RRP, but I was able to get ABP for $500 cheaper (ABP on the lot, vs. order RRP). ABP really looks good with the Camel, in my mind. Definitely hard to keep clean, but probably not as much as NBP. WDP would be my 3rd choice.

As for worries - none. It was worth $500 for my second choice.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Gratis dictum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I first started TL shopping a couple of Septembers ago, I saw an Anthracite TL sitting in the sunshine and fell in love with the color. Several days later I saw the same car on a grey cloudy day and thought "another dull grey car". I then ordered an RRP color TL and never looked back. Very satisfied.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:27 PM
FOR SALE - BM

Hey thir stranger... havent seen you in a while.... I have Anthracite metallic... i absolutely love the color.... I have no regrets... when i started looking at cars a bunch of buddies and i and my parents wanted me to get WDP, I thought it looked really hot but it made the car look luxurious... real luxurious... i wasnt really feeling it... my parents wanted me to get a black car, but that was totally out of the question... All those swirl marks would have made me commit suicide... I thought the AM made the car look more like a sport lux car and that was the look i was going for... I really really like the Blue, but it didn't come with ebony interior.. All the ones that i have seen have the tan interior and since my last 3 cars had tan interior , i avoided it like the plague... Did you pick the wrong color?? my answer is HELL ... The white is a clean looking car and can really stand out in a crowd..and its easier to keep clean.. but good luck with the interior
Old 02-28-2006, 07:30 PM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
HAHA Im here representing the Deep Green Pearl!!! There arent too many of us out there but the green adds like 22hp... plus its stealthy...
Old 02-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WDP all the way baby.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:10 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
when i first started shopping around for the TL in early 2004 i knew two things, i wanted a 6spd and i wanted anthracite. seeing as how it was nearly impossible to get ahold of a 6spd, let alone an anthracite one i simply told the dealer to call me the second they get a 6spd in stock. that color happened to be black. i wasnt really happy with black at first but now i love it. ive always washed my cars weekly so it doesnt get too dirty, though its still annoying two days after a good wash when its not as clean.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:38 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Do I "worry" that I bought the wrong color? No. I have the NBP and I like it. Do I sometimes sigh when the car is dirty and grumble that the RRP or DGP would be easier to clean? Sure. Who wouldn't? But I certainly don't "worry" about it, and I'm also conscious that I was slightly constrained on color because when I bought my TL I didn't have the luxury of waiting a month for the color I wanted, as I was carless due to my Accord being rear-ended.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by leedogg
The deciding factor for me was that, in my area, practically 90% of the TL's out there are Silver, Anthracite or NBP. I see very few WDP's you can see the lines of my car at night!

The black is pure sex when its clean but gets dirty easily. Being an 18 y/o, I got flamed to the max by my friends when I bought a white instead of a black TL but I have no regrets and now my other two friends who bought black TLs after I bought mine envy me when it comes time to wash their cars! suckersss
Old 02-28-2006, 11:00 PM
10th Gear

right or wrong color

I have the ubiquitous silver w/black. It is everywhere. Recently, I was stopped at a light and there was my silver, one ahead of me, and one right next to me. But, I like the color, especially since it doesn't show dirt or swirls/scratches.

The white is a nice color for the same reasons.

IMHO, the green w/camel is the most attractive, and the rarest. It is a head-turner when you do see one.

Bottom line: us TL owners have a winner of a car, regardless of color. Acceleration, comfort and technology have no color!
Old 03-01-2006, 12:19 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by J Emerson
Bottom line: us TL owners have a winner of a car, regardless of color. Acceleration, comfort and technology have no color!
Totally agree on this, but sorry I had to do it and say

Theres bluetooth, black bremos, and gunmetal A-Spec. Ha haa..

I'm just in a happy mood today.. sorry for the wisecracks.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Instructor

Catch-22

I have an '04 6/mt NBP

It is GORGEOUS......................................but only when it's clean!

I regret it most days b/c of the maintenance requirements. I work in the hospitality industry, so I work a lot! Even though it is very clean, I am very particular about cleaning it, so it takes 4-6 hours each week to clean. PLUS the swirl marks all the time. I just don't have that time anymore. PLUS it is winter here in tropical Cleveland, OH. So my car is actually Grey atm.

I really enjoy it, but am switching to a silver car in the future.

miiipilot
Old 03-01-2006, 06:24 AM
05WDP Midlife crisis

My wife talked me into WDP, I wanted NBP. I'm glad she did.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:48 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

drdamian...

Originally Posted by drdamian
Hey thir stranger... havent seen you in a while.... I have Anthracite metallic... i absolutely love the color.... I have no regrets... when i started looking at cars a bunch of buddies and i and my parents wanted me to get WDP, I thought it looked really hot but it made the car look luxurious... real luxurious... i wasnt really feeling it... my parents wanted me to get a black car, but that was totally out of the question... All those swirl marks would have made me commit suicide... I thought the AM made the car look more like a sport lux car and that was the look i was going for... I really really like the Blue, but it didn't come with ebony interior.. All the ones that i have seen have the tan interior and since my last 3 cars had tan interior , i avoided it like the plague... Did you pick the wrong color?? my answer is HELL ... The white is a clean looking car and can really stand out in a crowd..and its easier to keep clean.. but good luck with the interior
Hey! Yea, I go through these spurts with the message board; hopefully, I'm good to go for a while! Hope that all is well in Philly!

When I had my Accord, it was satin silver w/ black interior (w/navi) and I loved it...before that my Civic was silver as well. So I knew I needed a change - but wasn't ever very fond of white cars since my b/f drives one (thank GOODNESS, he's buying a dark grey metallic car shortly; an 04 Mustang limited edition from his brother). I get so tired of seeing white cars in my drive way! hahaha. I need some color up in there! hahaha. And my delSol was bright red - which proved itself to be a wonderful cop magnet. My next car - whatever ever that be (probably the 5th gen. TL) - will be black pearl with camel or black interior.

Haven't seen many WDP's around my way (mostly black, anthracite, and the maroonish color)- but they are popping up more frequently. First time I saw one, I looked out my office, across the street to the Hilton and there it was parked in their VIP circle...I was thinking, "DAMN!!". I was feeling special until then! LMAO. Then a week later, I'm heading down a street in my neighborhood to go to Philly (ironically) and there across the street at the stop sign is another lady driving the exact same car (minus gold emblems, of course). My b/f and I looked at each other and simultaneously said, "BITCH!" and laughed. She probably was thinking the same! LOL.

Take care you!
Old 03-01-2006, 07:01 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

elpepe....

hehe.. ..sorry! but hey at least you had a good reason to do it as long as you're in love!

... and it's always easy to fix if you get tired of the gold....

and yah, nice wheels + tint really make the TL look nice. Don't be sorry you didn't
go for some factory wheel upgrade, this gives you a larger selection of nicer wheels at a better price now....

The last thing after wheels + tint, is to lower it a bit...If you don't mind a bit stiffer ride.

nways good luck
Thank you!!

I've seen this guy driving around in a NBP w/ the gold emblem kit and I think it makes it stand out more than the others. It didn't look too bad....

Now the wheels are a must! Don't know when...but eventually for sure. Hell - I'd just like the ASPEC package...maybe I'll ask Santa this year (hahahahaha).

Take care you!
Old 03-01-2006, 07:12 AM
9th Gear

the grass is always greener... i have the nbp, but always wish i had the wdp w/ black interior.
the upkeep is seriously a biatch
Old 03-01-2006, 09:01 AM
Instructor

I love my Desert Mist with Ebony interior. When I saw it in the show room I knew I had to have it. You can not tell when it is dirty, and you can hardly notice any damage. Looks good when I come from the hand wash. Love the car, wish I would have got a spec
Old 03-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Anthracite with ebony interior here - never been happier. Had black in the past and my '02 TL is black, but swirl marks too easy to see and looks like crap when dirty...but sweeeeeeeet when clean...but I thought AM looked better and with my handsome mug behind the wheel - totally completes it. LOL

Quick Reply: Do you ever worry that you bought the wrong color car?