Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do You Acknowledge Other TL Drivers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 12:14 PM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Blitz
Yes, and I hope not. I once met this hot chick out for a semi blind date. We really hit it off at the restaraunt and everything. Walk out to the parking garage, she's in a Caddy De'ville or the other one (can't remember, doesn't matter) and she looks over at my car and says, "Oh that's a cute 'Little' car. What is it? A Civic?". I said very unenthusiastically, "Uhhh, no".

Never saw her again.

Seriously.... that's too good... I think my wife sometimes wonder if I love her more or the car...
Old 07-06-2006, 03:42 PM
Desi TL Limo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jmbnova

Seriously.... that's too good... I think my wife sometimes wonder if I love her more or the car...

LOL i've gotten that before. Only difference is, I bought the car for her as an aniversary gift last year. I work from home, so she uses to it commute to work, and I drive it everywhere afterhours! It was two birds with one stone really, wife thought it was a super generous gift, and I'm happy as hell with it
Old 07-06-2006, 04:05 PM
10th Gear

I never get any acknowledgement, but I do catch a lot of other drivers staring or taking a glance out the side of their eyes. I would wave or smile or smirk...but sometimes, frankly, the staring looks kind of creepy. Maybe they're just admiring the tint.

My only real encounter was another young guy looking for a building in my apartment complex. He flagged me down while he was walking in the parking lot and asked me where to find a building. He then says, "Nice car!!! That's mine over there," and he points to his NBP 10 feet away.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:06 AM
Stop Drop and Roll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOL @ this thread....cant wait to get my TL so i can do the wave
Old 08-17-2007, 07:02 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
However long it's been since I first responded to this thread, there's still only one TL driver that acknowledges me...an older gentleman with a stock WDP...lives somewhere near me because I've seen him on the main roads and in the neighborhood...always has a nod or a wave ...all others are still oblivious .
Old 08-17-2007, 05:07 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
No. I don't see this as a car that has that large of an enthusiast following. There are some very aesthetically pleasing cars on this site with a fair amount of performance modifications, but they only represent a tiny fraction of drivers. The people I notice in TLs are doing the same thing I am doing most of the time, commuting and shooting the shit with our HFL.

The owner demographics are middle to upper income professionals who worry more about their mortgage and other bills while on the road than fellow TL drivers.

If I were to somehow be waved at by someone in a TL I would definitely have a friendly response, I just have not experienced it yet.

I've owned several other Honda models in the past. My RSX-S and Integra GS-R got a fair share of nods and waves. The same thing goes with the Prelude (I was parked at Trader Joe's once and some kids pulled in with another Prelude that spotted the car from the street to talk to me about the car) we currently have, but I've noticed my buddy's WRX seems to have the largest sense of community comradely.

He will get waves and just randomly talk to other Subaru owners. I have not seen anything like it at that scale with any other car model (the exception would probably be exotics and higher end sports cars).
Old 08-28-2007, 12:14 PM
Instructor

This is the closest thing I could find to a "Sightings Thread" for the TL, so here goes.

Leaving Providence Place last night you didn't have your lights on. I flashed you a few times but I think I just freaked you out. Getting onto the highway I made a last ditch effort and flicked my lights off and on. When I passed you gave me a dirty look

Hope you eventually figured out that you didn't have your lights on
Old 08-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Advanced

This is "SOP" for all Corvette owners, no matter where you go or what year the other driver has, you will almost always get a wave. The Corvette comradery is unmatched as far as I know...

Haven't seen any fellow TL owners wave yet but I don't care, I'm enjoying it anyway!
Old 08-28-2007, 12:26 PM
"Advance"

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
When I see another 3G, I look carefully and say, damn Im driving this car!!! Sweeet!

Cant get enough of that car!
Old 08-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by khiyal
Heh, just yesterday, I turned my window down, and told the TL driver next to me, "nice car", and the guy says, "what? you have the same car don't you?"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA lol!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just look for modded TL's, because most of them are older drivers that just look ahead and not side to side..
Old 08-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Banned

Nope...I got tired of being completely ignored by other TL drivers so I just stop...don't even look anymore b/c most of the time it's some old person driving it.

If it's a modded TL, I'll look at the car and probably glance at the driver but that's about it.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:00 PM
2007 NBP TL

I used to give props until one day a guy thought i was being sarcastic when i told him nice car. it was silver with tinted windows...looked like it just came from a good detailing

Me: Hey bro...Nice car! Love the color!
Guy: You trying to be funny?
Me: No...You really have a nice looking car. Its clean as hell, so I'm sure you take good care of it!
Guy: Look dude, just cause you got tint and some wheels doesnt make you all that!
Me: HUH!!!! Okay bro, sorry I bothered you! (In my mind I wanted to slap the shit out of him)

whats worse, was my car was dirty as hell

The guy was definitely being a crusty butt nugget!
Old 08-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah...

The knod and waive is for Harley guys....

I do have to say that on Sunday i was driving in Dublin, CA and i saw an Anthracite Tl (yeah i know bug surprise) just passed it right away about a minute later in cought up to me and kept lookin over at mine.. Was a good lookin MILF with a teenage kid she kept on catching up and looking it was so funny i finally looked over she gave me a thumbs up! I just she had never seen a slammed desert mist on 19's before... HA