Sponsored by:

DO NOT do your service at Markham Honda

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Stock 07 TL NBP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DO NOT do your service at Markham Honda

Hey guys,

I was asking earlier where I should get my car serviced other than the Acura Dealership. Well I decided to go to Markham Honda since I was saving some money for my B1 service. Before dropping off the car I marked the 2 front tires.

Guess what happened?

You guessed it, they didn't rotate the tires so I called the dealership and soon I will be talking to the service manager.

So for all of you guys mark your tires before you get it serviced because this can happen to you.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:07 PM
NTMD8

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow.... thats some shady shiet man... it takes all of 5 minutes to rotate tires with tools.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:29 PM
[PA] NBP-TL

What did they do for you?
Old 06-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Stock 07 TL NBP

I just got back from the service manager and basically he just made stuff up.

he said that it was their fault. the service technician didn't do the tire rotation because the tires are fairly new. so the technician was supposed to inform the service adviser and take off the tire rotation charges and to have him speak to me in regards to this matter.

then i told the manager that if the B1 light appears and the computer is telling me that it needs a tire rotation therefore a tire rotation needs to be done. then he is like yah and we are sorry (like 10 times). so i wanted to speak to him in person but he wont be available tomorrow therefore i am going to speak to the manager on duty tomorrow morning.

when i spoke to that manager over the phone he is like we will take care of it and you will receive complimentary tire rotation and free car wash.

so i am going to the dealership tomorrow morning to get the tire rotation and a free car wash and going to try to figure out what actually happened.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Stock 07 TL NBP

any suggestions
Old 06-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Skip the car wash, especially if you have NBP....unless it's a touchless.
I'd go for a free oil change or something. My dealer offers complimentary car washes which I took advantage of in the Winter until I found out it was an automated brush wash and found scratches all over my clearcoat.

Definitely skip it if they have an onsite "Detailer" which is usually some kid they pay $6/hr to wash the cars...*shudder*.

Now I exclusively wash my own car or Touchless only (in a pinch).
Old 06-11-2008, 06:33 PM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Wow i've never had anything but great service from Markham Acura. My brother goes there as well and we've never had any problems. Just curious, who was your service writer?
Old 06-11-2008, 07:15 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by The Dougler
Wow i've never had anything but great service from Markham Acura. My brother goes there as well and we've never had any problems. Just curious, who was your service writer?
- Probably had nothing to do with the service dept management and everything to do with the integrity of the tech.
- Then again, it could have just been a good old case of "he forgot."
- I however consider dealerships guilty until proven innocent - thus the entire dept is scandalous :-).

-- The fact that the service "idiot" (for lack of a more appropriate word) attempted to cover the tech by saying "well the tires looked new" only tells me they either cant tell the truth or wont accept responsibility for the root cause.

Either way, as I always say:
Dealership service dept's are good for two things - charging more for less and warranty work!!

It's really not worth pursuing much other than getting reimbursed for the "rotation fee." I would get my money and maybe give them a second chance later or continue to look elsewhere. Bottom line, now they know you will probably be checking their work.

PS - Great job bringing it to their attention. Most would not have known the difference or would have just said nothing...

Cheers
Old 06-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Instructor

i think if your trying to save money... dont even bother going to a dealership?..... i personally like the service at markham acura... but everything else besides oil change.. i go to my dad's mechanic who worked at markham acura for 3 years before opening up his own shop on bullock rd....
Old 06-11-2008, 09:23 PM
steeez

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you'd be surprised at how many service shops try to cut corners.. i've actually seen it done before my eyes :/ i had my tires rotated at wheel works once along with other services.. they rotated one side lol. they must have thought i was an idiot. i should have said something.. but i dont know why i let it go. i have life rotation there though and i always watch them do it but if they do it again ill def say something.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Stock 07 TL NBP

Originally Posted by The Dougler

Markham Acura is good. The dealership I went to was Markham Honda which is located on Kennedy and just before hwy 407 near the benz and bmw dealership.

So far my experience at Markham Acura has been good but Markham Honda is very poor after this experience. Usually my service adviser at Markham Acura is Mario and he's a cool guy.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Burning Brakes

i once broguht my car in for service for an emissions problem and when they called me to pick up my car my whole inside carpeting was pulled away they just rush they try to get as many cars done as possible
Old 06-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Stock 07 TL NBP

Originally Posted by Ramrodthrusterpuppy
Skip the car wash, especially if you have NBP....unless it's a touchless.
I'd go for a free oil change or something. My dealer offers complimentary car washes which I took advantage of in the Winter until I found out it was an automated brush wash and found scratches all over my clearcoat.

Definitely skip it if they have an onsite "Detailer" which is usually some kid they pay $6/hr to wash the cars...*shudder*.

Now I exclusively wash my own car or Touchless only (in a pinch).

Thanks for the advice.

I get nervous when I see young guys around nice cars.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:50 PM
NVthisTL247

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
umm how about just bring ur car to the acura dealer if u have good service there...why bring it to a honda dealer...and as far as the getting nervous when young guys are around nice cars...thats bs...im 21 and i am a tech for a lexus dealer and ive never taken shortcuts like these tools...so dont think bad about all us young guys! lol
Old 06-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by Syed
Markham Acura is good. The dealership I went to was Markham Honda which is located on Kennedy and just before hwy 407 near the benz and bmw dealership.

So far my experience at Markham Acura has been good but Markham Honda is very poor after this experience. Usually my service adviser at Markham Acura is Mario and he's a cool guy.
Ya Mario is the shit, I'll only deal with him, he treats us really well. If you want to venture to a honda dealer go to Formula Honda on Markham road just south of Finch.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Stock 07 TL NBP

Originally Posted by 1FreshTL287
umm how about just bring ur car to the acura dealer if u have good service there...why bring it to a honda dealer...and as far as the getting nervous when young guys are around nice cars...thats bs...im 21 and i am a tech for a lexus dealer and ive never taken shortcuts like these tools...so dont think bad about all us young guys! lol

im like 22 but when i said young i ment like high school. thats scary.

also the reason i didnt go to the acura dealership was because of the money, they were charging too much so i decided to try honda.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Syed
ialso the reason i didnt go to the acura dealership was because of the money, they were charging too much so i decided to try honda.
and here you're complaining about honda's service since you didn't wanna pay for acura service, which i am pretty they would rotate your tires there.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:43 PM
śïιέит вµт đέαđιý

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I used to own an old civic and I had them do a full inspection on the vehicle and I already knew that the breaks needed to be fixed but I wanted to know what else was wrong with it..and the tech said everything was fine...so when I took it to my own shop, he put the car up and showed me all things that were wrong with it and it was leaking all over place...so called honda in markham and cussed him off..and then they gave me an in store credit for the whole amount
Old 06-12-2008, 08:10 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lights
and here you're complaining about honda's service since you didn't wanna pay for acura service, which i am pretty they would rotate your tires there.

Numerous complaints of the same issue stemming from Acura dealerships can be found here as well.... It doesn't matter if Honda, Acura, BMW or Kia.... It can and does happen...
Old 06-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
I feel for you man............this is what the tech did to my 02 CL type S

they managed to put a HOLE in the front bumper

They put new acura parts on their but Abara body shop sucks at painting