Difference between NXT and NXT Booster

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004 | 09:59 PM
Instructor

Difference between NXT and NXT Booster

Anyone know the difference between the NXT wax and the NXT Booster wax?

I understand the booster is supposed to be used in between NXT waxes but why not just use the regular NXT Wax? I have used the NXT wax, but not the booster. NXT wax is incredibly easy to use. I can't imagine that the booster wax is any easier?
Old 04-28-2004 | 10:13 PM
Burning Brakes

The booster is easier than the NXt wax. After you wash your car, dry it, then just spray a section w/bootser wax and polish it off with a towel. There is no rubbing on like the NXT wax.

Think of booster wax as a thin coat of NXT wax, takes about 10 minutes to do the entire car, if that long
Old 04-28-2004 | 10:43 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by roadman
The booster is easier than the NXt wax. After you wash your car, dry it, then just spray a section w/bootser wax and polish it off with a towel. There is no rubbing on like the NXT wax.

Think of booster wax as a thin coat of NXT wax, takes about 10 minutes to do the entire car, if that long
So instead of wiping on and waiting for it to dry and buffing off. You spray on and buff off? Or does it have to dry?
Old 04-29-2004 | 06:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TLJohn
So instead of wiping on and waiting for it to dry and buffing off. You spray on and buff off? Or does it have to dry?
Correct, Wipe on and wipe off, it dries very fast. I spray on lightly, wipe on one panel at a time (ie: the entire hood) then turn my towel over and polish it off. After I am done I go over the entire car with a polishing towel.
Old 04-29-2004 | 07:47 AM
Instructor

Anyone know the difference between the NXT wax and the NXT Booster wax?

I understand the booster is supposed to be used in between NXT waxes but why not just use the regular NXT Wax? I have used the NXT wax, but not the booster. NXT wax is incredibly easy to use. I can't imagine that the booster wax is any easier?
NXT Booster is a Quick Detailer (QD). It has multiple purposes. It adds gloss and some extra shine to your NXT coating. If your car only has light dirt/dust, you can CCD your car to remove the dust and then QD your car with NXT Booster.

Some people also use QD's to do their windows, especially if they've sealed them. Even using a QD alone will give your windows some extra beading in the rain.
Old 04-29-2004 | 07:52 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Are you talking about the NXT Spray wax? Cause that they say you have to let dry. Does the NXT line have such a thing like the Meguirs Quick Detail Mist I used to use?

Correct, Wipe on and wipe off, it dries very fast. I spray on lightly, wipe on one panel at a time (ie: the entire hood) then turn my towel over and polish it off. After I am done I go over the entire car with a polishing towel.
Old 04-29-2004 | 02:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Yes, it is the spray wax, and yes you spray it one, wipe it to cover an area, then wipe it off, it is a very fast drying product, definately less than a minute.

I got the Quick Detail mist with the Meg's clay bar package kit
Old 04-29-2004 | 04:16 PM
Team Anthracite Member

sorry - getting late in the day, so I am a little thick...are you saying that I can use the new NXT spray wax how I used to use the Quick Detail Mist?
Spray it on and wipe off? The directions said something like spray it on, wipe it around, let dry and wipe off...heck, I might as well wax it regular then.

Lemme know if I am understanding you correctly...
thanks.

Yes, it is the spray wax, and yes you spray it one, wipe it to cover an area, then wipe it off, it is a very fast drying product, definately less than a minute.

I got the Quick Detail mist with the Meg's clay bar package kit
Old 04-29-2004 | 04:58 PM
Racer

Honestly, I dont even care for the booster wax. Seems easier just to apply NXT after a wash then to deal with the booster wax overspray, etc. Just my 2C.
Old 04-29-2004 | 05:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TBone2004
sorry - getting late in the day, so I am a little thick...are you saying that I can use the new NXT spray wax how I used to use the Quick Detail Mist?
Spray it on and wipe off? The directions said something like spray it on, wipe it around, let dry and wipe off...heck, I might as well wax it regular then.

Lemme know if I am understanding you correctly...
thanks.
I have only used the Quick detail mist when claying the car, but that is more water like in consistancy. The NXT spray wax is more like skim milk.

You spray it on the center of say your hood, them wipe it around to cover the entire hood, turn your towel over and wipe it off.

Greenseed is correct, be carefull with the amount that you use because overspray will get everyplace, less vs more is best with this product.

I did my car yesterday and it took like 10 minutes to do the entire car, much faster than using the NXT was.
Old 04-29-2004 | 06:13 PM
Team Anthracite Member

that was my experience too - it got everywhere - I may stick with the Quick detail spray...just wasn't sure if they had upgraded/reformulated that as well.

Originally Posted by greenseed
Honestly, I dont even care for the booster wax. Seems easier just to apply NXT after a wash then to deal with the booster wax overspray, etc. Just my 2C.
Old 04-29-2004 | 09:44 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TBone2004
that was my experience too - it got everywhere - I may stick with the Quick detail spray...just wasn't sure if they had upgraded/reformulated that as well.
you guys spray the booster wax on the car directly? i spray it on an applicator and then wipe. i never get overspray with the booster wax.
Old 04-29-2004 | 11:08 PM
Instructor

The booster wax is best used with the car dry. Car must be clean. It is a bit easier to apply than the regular wax. The dry time is faster too than the regular NXT wax. If I'm not mistaken, QD can be used even if the car is not newly washed.
Old 04-30-2004 | 06:27 AM
Team Anthracite Member

good results I am assuming? Hmmm...I'll have to try that. No one lets it dry like it says to? Do you get the same benfit by wiping off so quickly?

Originally Posted by caball88
you guys spray the booster wax on the car directly? i spray it on an applicator and then wipe. i never get overspray with the booster wax.
Old 04-30-2004 | 06:30 AM
Team Anthracite Member

they say that, but I f'd up my wife's hood doing that - scratched/swirled it up kinda bad. I've since got most of them worked out, but what a pain. I use the QD after washing and drying, but in between waxes - it works awesome. Wash - wax - QD - wash -QD - wash - QD - Wash - wax ..depending on frequency of washing.

Originally Posted by techguy
If I'm not mistaken, QD can be used even if the car is not newly washed.
Old 05-05-2004 | 12:47 AM
Instructor

I finally tried the NXT booster wax. Sprayed it on my car and let dry. Then started buffing off, what a PITA!

The spray does not apply evenly so there were spots with thick dots of wax. These dots were very difficult to buff off (I spread most of them out with an applicator). Overall I think the booster wax was harder to remove than the plain NXT wax. It took me about 45 minutes to an hour to do the car (with my son helping me take off the wax). Rub-rub-rub over the same spots.

Anyone want to buy a almost full bottle of NXT Booster?
Old 05-05-2004 | 06:11 AM
Burning Brakes

I finally tried the NXT booster wax. Sprayed it on my car and let dry. Then started buffing off, what a PITA!

The spray does not apply evenly so there were spots with thick dots of wax. These dots were very difficult to buff off (I spread most of them out with an applicator). Overall I think the booster wax was harder to remove than the plain NXT wax. It took me about 45 minutes to an hour to do the car (with my son helping me take off the wax). Rub-rub-rub over the same spots.

Anyone want to buy a almost full bottle of NXT Booster?
Just sprayed it on and let it dry ???

You have to spread it with a towel (one panel at a time), then turn the towel over and wipe it off. When you are done with one panel then go on to another.

I used the booster last night and it took less than 10 minutes to complete the entire car. Definately no rubbing just wiping