Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diamon Fusion Window Treatment

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 07:14 AM
Let's Go Pens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Diamon Fusion Window Treatment

Has anyone had this installed? I'm looking into getting this done, if chipping occurs and my winshield needs to be replaced they will install OEM Acura Glass. Total cost w/ OEM replacement is $300 (Usually $400 b/c I had window tint installed at my shop they are offering me a discount)

I have heard this helps repel bugs, stones etc... and greatly reduces chipping and cracks. It was referred to by my shop as "Rain X on steroids"

Any comments or suggestions is appreciated!
Old 06-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Let's Go Pens

If anyone is wondering what i'm talking about....

.http://diamonfusion.com/
Old 06-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evader
Has anyone had this installed? I'm looking into getting this done, if chipping occurs and my winshield needs to be replaced they will install OEM Acura Glass. Total cost w/ OEM replacement is $300 (Usually $400 b/c I had window tint installed at my shop they are offering me a discount)

I have heard this helps repel bugs, stones etc... and greatly reduces chipping and cracks. It was referred to by my shop as "Rain X on steroids"

Any comments or suggestions is appreciated!
I have this on my windshield and it is a stronger version of rainx, I have had my car for 4 months now and the windshield still repels water.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
I have talked to my friend at the dealership about this. It is supposed to last for 5 years. However ask the dealership how they are applying it. The dealership I bought my car at was trying to cut corners and the diamon fusion application was not working.

The proper application is that they use a small machine to steam clean the window and then apply the diamon fusion (I think it's part liquid nitrogen but don't quote me on that).

The improper way is the dealership cleaning the window by hand and then using a squeegy (sp?) to spread out the solution. This is the wrong way to do it and it only lasts a few months. The dealership stopped offering it because of this. Luckily I did not do it yet. My friend at the dealership knows that it only costs like $50 to do and there is another dealership that does it so he is going to try to hook me up there.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Boomer Sooner!

Is this like a permanent version of rainx? Is it applied to the glass while it is still on the car i.e. like tinting, or does the glass have to be replaced?

I like the effect rainx has on windshields when its raining, but it tends to be very difficult to keep it from being foggy/hazy the rest of the time. So this sounds like a cool (if somewhat pricey) alternative.

[edit] looks like Buda answered my questions before I asked them!

note to self: hit refresh before posting
Old 06-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Let's Go Pens

Thanks Buda, I just was curious if it really worked like rainx or if they were just using that as a ploy.

I'm going to get this done, there are a few options when purchasing. It's all the diamon fusion, but you have the option for free repairs, non-oem winisheild replacement and the most expensive of course being OEM-Replacement. These prices are based on your year, make and model. Acura OEM glass is very expensive which is why the oem-replacement option is about $300

but whether you get the cheapest or whatever it's all the same. Diamon Fusion is supposed to greatly reduce the chance of scratches, chips, cracks etc. If my winshield cracks they will repair it for free and if it's not up to my standards they will replace the winshield with oem-glass for as long as I own the car.

$300.. I was quoted by acura that a factor winshield will run me between $1500-2000 so it's a pretty cheap investment if you think of it that way.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Evader
...Acura OEM glass is very expensive ... I was quoted by acura that a factor(y) win(d)shield will run me between $1500-2000...
Acura TL windshields are $574 at ACURA CAR LAND. Add an hour labor and your sitting at $650 or so. If you have comprehensive insurance, it'll cost you your deductable.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Let's Go Pens

Originally Posted by ChuckDu
Acura TL windshields are $574 at ACURA CAR LAND. Add an hour labor and your sitting at $650 or so. If you have comprehensive insurance, it'll cost you your deductable.

$200 comprehensive deductible. Damn! What was the guy at precision smoking? I'll have to call them back and see what they say! Thanks for the info