Destroyed a 335 today.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007 | 08:19 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

the width of those tires ..wow
Old 10-07-2007 | 09:01 PM
Advanced

I would LOVE a car like that! I'd be suprising people on the street!! How do you do against Evo's and sti's?
Old 10-07-2007 | 09:11 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Junior05
I would LOVE a car like that! I'd be suprising people on the street!! How do you do against Evo's and sti's?
Stock EVOs and STIs aren't a challenge. 420rwhp is ~500 at the motor. The white one weighs 3,300lbs so it's not heavy. It's got a 2004 Viper under it's belt and a few other fast production cars. It's not that fast by a long shot but for the money invested it does pretty well.
Old 10-07-2007 | 10:52 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Have you run any boosted civics/crx's from a roll? Ones that are properly modded/tuned? I am asking this because I know there are a lot of boosted civics/crx's that have 500whp and only weigh around 2000lbs.
Old 10-08-2007 | 05:09 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by I hate cars
I had the TL torn apart today for dynamatting. Had to run to Home Depot for a couple things I forgot so I took my dad's daily driver T-type (420rwhp). Coming back home I took the long way like usual, keeping an eye open for some prey.

First, a C5 Corvette came up on me hard, got beside me, and gave a thumbs up but didn't want to race but my disappointment was short lived.

I'm getting ready to turn on my street and spot a new Bimmer. I know my luck isn't good enough for it to be anything special but as I get close I see an 18yr oldish kid with sideways hat and his girl driving a new 335 twin turbo BMW. I get next to him and keep in mind I'm in the old car next to a new nice looking car. The guy looks over and laughs, then his girl does the same. They're both laughing at me. He changes lanes and punches it and gets about 1 car on me before my turbo spools. It was ugly. I passed him with the tires screeching for traction and probably 10mph on him. Not even a race. We hit another light together and I'm happy as hell because I get to launch on him which is my specialty. Neither the driver nor girlfriend will look at me and their big smiles are now gone. Both were staring straight ahead and wouldn't acknowlege my existance when a second ago they were making fun of me. Light goes green, I roll out dragging the brakes and holding a few psi of boost waiting for him to jump. When the first turnout comes up, he quickly flips a U and disappears. I think I hurt his feelings.
You sound so paranoid.Are u sure they're laughing @ U or ur junky looking car.Just because u smoked a bimmer with a stock engine doesnt prove anything.Race a bimmer 335 that has been modified by Vishnu or other well known BMW tuner with the same amount of horsepower that u have then post it here if u will be able to hang-up with them.But,until that happen stay away or leave ur dads car or house alone u 30 yr. old mama's boy.
Old 10-08-2007 | 07:38 AM
Turd Polisher

You should show some respect for the GN. He beat a $40,000 car with a 18 year old kid driving it with his girlfriend. That's ALL there is to it. Putting "What ifs" into this thread destroys it, who gives a flying fuck about reputable BMW tuners ...
Old 10-08-2007 | 08:06 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by acurazine2003
You sound so paranoid.Are u sure they're laughing @ U or ur junky looking car.Just because u smoked a bimmer with a stock engine doesnt prove anything.Race a bimmer 335 that has been modified by Vishnu or other well known BMW tuner with the same amount of horsepower that u have then post it here if u will be able to hang-up with them.But,until that happen stay away or leave ur dads car or house alone u 30 yr. old mama's boy.
Probably laughing at the junky looking car. Doesn't bother me much. That's what I love, people laughing about the car and then getting smoked by it. My self worth is not based on the car I drive. At the same time, the 335 will never be a legend. It's just a yuppie mobile with moderate performance.

The white car in question has a stock motor too with just a couple bolt-ons. Small turbo upgrade, front mount intercooler, and the fuel mods to support it. Nothing major. Stock from the throttlebody down. Good luck finding a bimmer with the same hp. Not saying it can't be done but very unlikely.

What-ifs are boring. What if he had more boost. What if he had a bigger turbo, what if it had a rocket strapped to the back.... In real life, the bimmer got smoked by an old 6 cylinder "junky car" end of story.

I will go out on a limb and say there's no Bimmer in the country that will run with the black car. But I'm sure there's all the fanboi's that are sure the 335 is just a chip away from 10 sec timeslips.

It's funny when people have no real substance to an argument they resort to name calling.... You want to get into the name calling and make this personal, we can meet up and settle this another way. Get the dick out of your ass faggot. This thread is getting polluted with a bunch of clueless 335 fanbois. This makes me embarassed I almost bought one. Would not like to be grouped in with these morons.
Old 10-08-2007 | 08:10 AM
Team Owner

I see you have a supercharged M3. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is.
Old 10-08-2007 | 08:33 AM
Just chillen..

WTF?! Did you just say? Dude, learn how to write first before you speak. Next, give the guy some common respect, he just told you about a kill that happened to come along. BMW this, BMW that, BMW with, just shut the fuck up. If you going to say something, say it right, don't bring the bullshit. I swear people like you ruin these forums with stupid statements.
Old 10-08-2007 | 12:26 PM
I don't sleep...I wait

Originally Posted by FL3.2TL
WTF?! Did you just say? Dude, learn how to write first before you speak. Next, give the guy some common respect, he just told you about a kill that happened to come along. I swear people like you ruin these forums with stupid statements.

Really gets on my nerves. One of the major reasons I don't come to this forum often. It's too bad that as our cars get older they become attainable to ghetto people.

Oh well...
Old 10-08-2007 | 12:28 PM
I don't sleep...I wait

WTF?! Did you just say? Dude, learn how to write first before you speak. Next, give the guy some common respect, he just told you about a kill that happened to come along. I swear people like you ruin these forums with stupid statements.

Really gets on my nerves. One of the major reasons I don't come to this forum often. It's too bad that as our cars get older they become increasingly affordable to ignorant/ghetto individuals.

Oh well...
Old 10-08-2007 | 06:59 PM
Team Owner

WTF?! Did you just say? Dude, learn how to write first before you speak. Next, give the guy some common respect, he just told you about a kill that happened to come along. BMW this, BMW that, BMW with, just shut the fuck up. If you going to say something, say it right, don't bring the bullshit. I swear people like you ruin these forums with stupid statements.
Thank you! If these guys saw some of my previous posts they would see that I almost bought a 335. Awesome car but the deals on the new TL-S are too good to pass up.
Old 10-08-2007 | 07:38 PM
Lamborghini Aventador FTW

Jesus effing christ, do some of the people on this forum not know what a Grand National is??? It was one of the fastest cars back in the day, and his dad's modded car beat the current 335i. I think some 335i owners don't want to admit that their $50k cars can't beat a car that is 20+ years older.
Old 10-08-2007 | 07:52 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by iforyou
Have you run any boosted civics/crx's from a roll? Ones that are properly modded/tuned? I am asking this because I know there are a lot of boosted civics/crx's that have 500whp and only weigh around 2000lbs.
I've run people who claim to have 500hp civics. With the exception of one, I think they were all "guessing" their hp. The one that might've had what he claimed couldn't hook below 80mph on the street so it wasn't a close race. Would've been a dangerous car from a 100mph roll though.

I did get caught by an Eclipse GSX in my GN. I was on pump gas (13psi) which is rare for me. Pulled up next to this guy and heard it loping and I could smell race gas. Went to a safe spot, bs'd for a little while. He had a huge turbo, big frontmount, ported head, big cams, etc. I was nervous to say the least. He was cool and admitted he was running 19psi on 100 octane. We ran, I have lots of suspension work and he got only a couple feet on me off the start. I pulled two cars by the end of second gear. In third, I was neither pulling away or losing ground. Scary feeling. Went through the finish ahead but it made me sweat a little.
Old 10-08-2007 | 08:29 PM
Racer

hahah 335 arent that fast anyways!!! THEY're DECENT but not fast..If i can take a 335 why cant a Grand national.. PPL dont know that GN is a v6 twinturbo capable of running 10 sec with a good tune and minor upgrade.
Old 10-08-2007 | 10:30 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

damn, it couldn't hook below 80mph? pretty damn amazing, but that's thing thing with FWD.
Now I'm wondering how a modded R32 GTR fare against your GN, I mean both are around the same price range now, and are easy to modify.
Old 10-09-2007 | 06:29 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by iforyou
damn, it couldn't hook below 80mph? pretty damn amazing, but that's thing thing with FWD.
Now I'm wondering how a modded R32 GTR fare against your GN, I mean both are around the same price range now, and are easy to modify.
It just depends on how modded. Anything can be beat and that includes my GN. I'm not arrogant by any means. The chances of getting beat from a random streetrace at a redlight are pretty slim but there are some very fast cars out there.

The T-type is and has always been a joke with us. That's why the windvisor on the roof, sagging headliner, and Buick emblem that sticks out of the hood have remained in place. My dad was even going to put a trailer hitch on the back just to make it look slower. Even with the hp it made, I'm not confident and have never raced it for money. The fastest it went before a tune was 12.6@109mph. Made a little over 300rwhp. Got some bugs worked out and cranked the boost a little and got another 120hp out of it. Haven't been to the track yet so I have no idea what it would do now. It's literally the daily driver that goes off roading to the gun range every couple weeks, gets door dinged in the grocery store parking lot, and pretty much gets the crap beat out of it all the time.
Old 10-21-2007 | 07:47 AM
Instructor

Probably laughing at the junky looking car. Doesn't bother me much. That's what I love, people laughing about the car and then getting smoked by it. My self worth is not based on the car I drive. At the same time, the 335 will never be a legend. It's just a yuppie mobile with moderate performance.

The white car in question has a stock motor too with just a couple bolt-ons. Small turbo upgrade, front mount intercooler, and the fuel mods to support it. Nothing major. Stock from the throttlebody down. Good luck finding a bimmer with the same hp. Not saying it can't be done but very unlikely.

What-ifs are boring. What if he had more boost. What if he had a bigger turbo, what if it had a rocket strapped to the back.... In real life, the bimmer got smoked by an old 6 cylinder "junky car" end of story.

I will go out on a limb and say there's no Bimmer in the country that will run with the black car. But I'm sure there's all the fanboi's that are sure the 335 is just a chip away from 10 sec timeslips.

It's funny when people have no real substance to an argument they resort to name calling.... You want to get into the name calling and make this personal, we can meet up and settle this another way. Get the dick out of your ass faggot. This thread is getting polluted with a bunch of clueless 335 fanbois. This makes me embarassed I almost bought one. Would not like to be grouped in with these morons.
I would love to get a GNX and turn it into a drag monster, but keep the limb, there are quite a few 600+rwhp turbo Ms out there that would take the that black Grand National. Not bad for cars not meant for drag racing.
Old 10-21-2007 | 12:52 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by damnboy37
I would love to get a GNX and turn it into a drag monster, but keep the limb, there are quite a few 600+rwhp turbo Ms out there that would take the that black Grand National. Not bad for cars not meant for drag racing.

The black car in the pics is way underturbo'd and under tire'd and on the dyno day, the computer wouldnt advance timing past 14 degrees, but it still barely missed the 800rwhp mark. On a cooler day with a little more timing it would be there.

Mine is the 602hp car. I haven't posted pics because I caught the bodyshop that it's at stealing it piece by piece. Right now, it's running again but has no front end, rear end, mirrors, etc. Probably going to buy another GN and transfer the engine/trans/suspension over to it. I can post pics but I'll probably break down crying lol.

My point about the BMWs is that there are very few that will run with my car. I've heard of these 600hp cars but never seen one on the street or at the track. I'm not arrogant, there's always someone fater than you. Probably the worst was when my car got beat by a Geo Metro...Seriously. Go to a GN meet and my car becomes average with plenty that are faster than me.

Keep in mind, all that hp is no good if you can't put it down which I have no problem doing. The street is kind of hard below 70mph but at the track, launch at 10psi, let it roll for a second and I'm WOT in first gear with no spinning.

Again, read some of my posts and you will see I'm a big fan of the 335, just not some of the owners.
Old 10-27-2007 | 07:54 AM
Instructor

Cool

The black car in the pics is way underturbo'd and under tire'd and on the dyno day, the computer wouldnt advance timing past 14 degrees, but it still barely missed the 800rwhp mark. On a cooler day with a little more timing it would be there.

Mine is the 602hp car. I haven't posted pics because I caught the bodyshop that it's at stealing it piece by piece. Right now, it's running again but has no front end, rear end, mirrors, etc. Probably going to buy another GN and transfer the engine/trans/suspension over to it. I can post pics but I'll probably break down crying lol.

My point about the BMWs is that there are very few that will run with my car. I've heard of these 600hp cars but never seen one on the street or at the track. I'm not arrogant, there's always someone fater than you. Probably the worst was when my car got beat by a Geo Metro...Seriously. Go to a GN meet and my car becomes average with plenty that are faster than me.

Keep in mind, all that hp is no good if you can't put it down which I have no problem doing. The street is kind of hard below 70mph but at the track, launch at 10psi, let it roll for a second and I'm WOT in first gear with no spinning.

Again, read some of my posts and you will see I'm a big fan of the 335, just not some of the owners.
Most people who have Bimmers upgrade for handling because it costs an arm and a leg for any real power (a twin turbo kit would cost me 14k for my engine). This is the number one reason they are not around as much as GNs.

I have yet to see a GNX at Road America and I know they handle pretty damn good for what it is, but it is made for the drag strip (reason number two). I plan on getting a GN/GNX some time in my life, but I need to get a DD first.

Either way, those are some sweet ass cars that you have acess to.
Old 10-27-2007 | 01:37 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by damnboy37
Most people who have Bimmers upgrade for handling because it costs an arm and a leg for any real power (a twin turbo kit would cost me 14k for my engine). This is the number one reason they are not around as much as GNs.

I have yet to see a GNX at Road America and I know they handle pretty damn good for what it is, but it is made for the drag strip (reason number two). I plan on getting a GN/GNX some time in my life, but I need to get a DD first.

Either way, those are some sweet ass cars that you have acess to.
Thank you. Yes, not too many GNs are setup for handling. They handle ok for what they are like you said but not like a Bimmer. Mine is one of the few that in addition to the drivetrain I've spent over 5K in suspension and I'm not talking lowering springs and shocks like most people are content with. One of the reasons there are many fast GNs is like mine, I was going mid 11s for less than $1,000 in engine mods. I'm at the point now that if I want to go any faster, I'm looking at 12K for a built bottom end alone so I'm content for now.

Look at the Silverstate Classic from a few years ago. A T-type won with an average speed of over 200mph. Not much was stock on the car but in that class nothing is close to stock on any car.

Yes, do get a DD if you ever plan on getting a GN and racing it. That car is the reason I chose the screen name I hate cars.