Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deep Green Pearl TL 2004

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deep Green Pearl TL 2004

I found a car that has 62K miles and costs 13,600. Is this an alright deal? I hope i wont get screwed. There is no warranty and i dont want to buy an extended warranty either. It has no navi, pretty clean looking tho. heres a pic
Old 12-29-2008, 03:45 PM
Unregistered User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
KBB.com says 16.8k for this kind of car in excellent condition so 13.6k sounds good. I would want a car with a warranty though but Acura/Hondas are good cars.

Is this also the color you want? If you can keep shopping I'm sure you can find an even better deal in a color you like.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Cruisin'

I want to really take advantage of this deal, color isn't bad either. really good shine also. Although i might have to replace the tires one of them is kind of wobbly. Im trying to negotiate down a bit, but the dealer wont budge from this price, it has a camel interior. Personally i like this car alot! I just hope that the engine/tranny wont bail on me. With tax and title im expecting it to be under 15K total? in tx...what do u think?
Old 12-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
you don't want a navi model? looks clean. any more pics? is it a CPO?
Old 12-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would check Carfax to see if its been in an accident too. And is it at an Acura or another brand? I am always interested to know if the previous owner bought another Acura or changed brands. That might tell you if they liked the vehicle or had issues.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:46 PM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Not worth it without navi. Trust all the guys here who have the car with navi. I even did a navi swap for a friend and you don't want to go down that road. It's a pay me now or pay me later situation.

Spend a little more for a navi car and get your money back when you sell it. Plus it will sell that much quicker.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Cruisin'

It is pretty much clean. No accident reported. Well Navi i think i will be able to live without, If i seriously need one ill get a portable garmin or tomtom. I want to try and get the price down a bit more also
Old 12-30-2008, 09:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
From that pic it looks clean. The green is a rare color too. Not to many made and not that popular. But if you like it, that's what counts. Good luck with your deal and welcome to Acurazine
Old 12-30-2008, 09:04 AM
Advanced

I have that color in a 6 speed. I get a lot of comments about it. It looks different depending on how bright it is outside.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Sneaker Pimp

Talking

Originally Posted by sunnyb91
I found a car that has 62K miles and costs 13,600. Is this an alright deal? I hope i wont get screwed. There is no warranty and i dont want to buy an extended warranty either. It has no navi, pretty clean looking tho. heres a pic
Looks nice to me! Sounds like this one is a twin to my car. That price is awfully nice too. 62k on a Honda engine is barely broken in.

As for color- I wouldn't own a TL in any other color combo. I liked it when I bought it, but as time has gone by I am absolutely enamored with it.
There are a zillion white, red, black, silver, or grey TLs out there. The Deep Green Metallic is far less common.

For those who are saying factory Nav is a must- I beg to differ. Sorry guys- but the factory nav is garbage.

I don't have a factory navi in my car- but my Dad has an 05 MDX with Navi, and an 06 RL (which comes standard with Navi) so I have used them plenty.

I just mounted a Garmin Nuvi 755t in my TL, and got the power hardwired to my ignition harness. The 755t is hands and feet better than the stock units at a fraction of the price. Plus, I can take it with me outside the car.

Based on what you have said here- Sounds like this car is for you. Deal sounds good, but if you are insecure about vehicle history, ask to have it evaluated and take it to a detail shop for a once over. Those guys can tell you when there has been a repaint, or body repairs. Much more reliable than CarFax which is worthless.

P
Old 12-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Green Machine

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by ridenfish39
i have that color in a 6 speed. I get a lot of comments about it. It looks different depending on how bright it is outside.
x2
Old 12-30-2008, 09:56 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by ridenfish39
I have that color in a 6 speed. I get a lot of comments about it. It looks different depending on how bright it is outside.
Ditto !

But the factory Navi is really the way to go. Best part about getting it that you'll never be one of the 10's of 1000's who didn't that wound up banging their heads into the wall afterwards wishing they had.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:18 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by Phlip425
For those who are saying factory Nav is a must- I beg to differ. Sorry guys- but the factory nav is garbage.
Like it or not, that screen is the heart of the interior.

The factory Nav may not be the greatest, but getting it also gives you voice control over the climate and audio systems plus a detector on the dash that can modify the A/C temperature on either side of the car in summer to compensate for angles of the sun. And starting 2007, you also get the Backup Camera, something that should have been included since '04.

Why do you think there's so many more used non-Nav 3G TL's for sale than there are Navs?
Old 12-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Pro

looks like a nice ride. But if your buying from a dealership, i would make them put new tires on it. I WILL NOT buy a car from a dealership with bad tires, no way. tell them you'll take the car at there price W/ new set of tires!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:53 PM
Sneaker Pimp

Wink

Originally Posted by DMZ
Like it or not, that screen is the heart of the interior.

The factory Nav may not be the greatest, but getting it also gives you voice control over the climate and audio systems plus a detector on the dash that can modify the A/C temperature on either side of the car in summer to compensate for angles of the sun. And starting 2007, you also get the Backup Camera, something that should have been included since '04

Why do you think there's so many more used non-Nav 3G TL's for sale than there are Navs?

I am glad you like your nav, but speaking from a perspective of having used factory units, and aftermarket- I'll take the aftermarket 7 times a week, and twice on Sunday. The factory unit just isn't very good.

1. The screen is located in a lousy position where you have to take your eyes off the road to view it.
2. The maps are outdated as soon as they are released. My Dad's 05 MDX can't find his street in a neighborhood that was built in 2001. My $300 Nuvi knows exactly where his street is.
3. The cost for the option is ridiculously high considering what it actually adds to the car, and the fact that you can get superior aftermarket units at a fraction of the cost.

Yay back-up cams (at least in the MDX)- I didn't realize a TL was so big you couldn't see out the back window...

BTW- I think there are more used non nav cars on the road, and on the market today because they built fewer cars with Nav. If you have evidence to the contrary I'd like to see it.

Personally I think it is a waste of money but then we are talking about your wallet, not mine. So to each his own.

P

Last edited by Phlip425; 12-30-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Sneaker Pimp

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Phlip425
I am glad you like your nav, but speaking from a perspective of having used factory units, and aftermarket- I'll take the aftermarket 7 times a week, and twice on Sunday. The factory unit just isn't very good.

1. The screen is located in a lousy position where you have to take your eyes off the road to view it.
2. The maps are outdated as soon as they are released. My Dad's 05 MDX can't find his street in a neighborhood that was built in 2001. My $300 Nuvi knows exactly where his street is.
3. The cost for the option is ridiculously high considering what it actually adds to the car, and the fact that you can get superior aftermarket units at a fraction of the cost.

Yay back-up cams (at least in the MDX)- I didn't realize a TL was so big you couldn't see out the back window...

BTW- I think there are more used non nav cars on the road, and on the market today because they built fewer cars with Nav. If you have evidence to the contrary I'd like to see it.

Personally I think it is a waste of money but then we are talking about your wallet, not mine. So to each his own.

P

Man- I came off like a jerk. My apologies to you DMZ as it is too late to edit my comments now.

My bad. A few too many chocolate stouts and I start popping off like an asshole.

Navi cars are nice. If you can find one in this price range I'd be surprised, but if you like factory options, the Navi is king.

I didn't have a use for it, and my car only had 17k on the odo, so I bought what I bought last May and I love it.

The aftermarket navs make a nice option if you buy a non-nav car. I mounted mine on the driverside between the a-pillar and the top of the guage pod which IMO is a safer location since it is just a quick glance to look at it and my eyes are never focused off the road.

The problem with street updates in Dad's MDX is real. If you live in n area that has experienced rapid growth, the factory navs don't seem to account for it. Anyone know if update discs are available?

sunnyb91-

The color is king- get a deep green car you won't regret it.

P
Old 12-31-2008, 02:28 PM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
The factory Nav system is all Alpine. Need I say more? They make the best systems out there. I have the 05 and added the nav2go and put the backup cam and I also hooked up a dvd player to watch movies and a isimple control unit for the ipod touch. All controlled through the nav unit with a nice clear screen. Can't get all that with the non-nav unit. You will regret not getting it as you can never add the camera.

The back up cam is a must for us with the modified cars. I am lowered and have the a-spec so all parking spots need to be backed into. I don't have to worry about hitting the curb.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:46 PM
Sneaker Pimp

Originally Posted by mmade22
The factory Nav system is all Alpine. Need I say more? They make the best systems out there. I have the 05 and added the nav2go and put the backup cam and I also hooked up a dvd player to watch movies and a isimple control unit for the ipod touch. All controlled through the nav unit with a nice clear screen. Can't get all that with the non-nav unit. You will regret not getting it as you can never add the camera.

The back up cam is a must for us with the modified cars. I am lowered and have the a-spec so all parking spots need to be backed into. I don't have to worry about hitting the curb.
Ok point taken. One MUST have all the gadgets in the car in order to get the cool points here.

I still prefer my set up.

but thats just me.

P
Old 01-01-2009, 07:26 PM
FL 04 dgp TL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
love deep green pearl. rare color. i have one with navi and i have to agree the navi makes the interior.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also have the deep green pearl and love it.

Name:  100_0685.jpg
Views: 3289
Size:  160.6 KB