3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Won't Give me Back my TL-S!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 12:03 AM
Unregistered User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The pre-owned dealer actually gave me a TL that was for sale to use while they replaced the heaters in my purchased TL. I put a good bit of miles on it.

Audioholics, what do you plan on doing if it was in fact dropped off a lift or something?

I've heard of that happening where I work, and we had to buy the customer a new car. I don't know how Acura would do it.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
ur car is jacked and ur not doing anything about it ... i am almost sure something has happened to it, no dealer is this nice ... if it were my car, i would be a lot more aggressive then you seem to be ... hey, its ur car though
Old 02-15-2009, 12:58 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
obviously if the dealer damaged my car, I would demand a replacement 07 or 08 TL-S with similar mileage and color. No 09 TL for me!

I am hoping for the best and like I said I give the benefit of a doubt until I have reason not to.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:16 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always think it is funny when people start talking on here about demanding a dealer replace their car if something happens to it. That does not happen, if your car were involved in a traffic accident would the other persons insurance company replace your car?? Nope they wouldn't, yes mistakes and accidents do happen on dealer lots and yes it is a crappy situation, but no you do not get a replacement car.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:35 AM
Unregistered User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by acuraservice
I always think it is funny when people start talking on here about demanding a dealer replace their car if something happens to it. That does not happen, if your car were involved in a traffic accident would the other persons insurance company replace your car?? Nope they wouldn't, yes mistakes and accidents do happen on dealer lots and yes it is a crappy situation, but no you do not get a replacement car.
Logically, it depends on the situation and possible circumstances. Of course, it would be senseless for anyone to replace a car for something minor. In my company's situation, negative public image was the major concern. Also, I believe it was a rare model that you couldn't just send to a body shop.

Now, I highly doubt that just because someone wants an accident free vehicle, a dealer, or anyone for that matter, would instinctively replace the vehicle. It would take a lot of negotiation to get that far, and even if it went to court, the chances that a judge would allow that are not very great. The damages would get paid for of course, but a replacement it not likely. Now, if the dealer, or anyone, tried to cover up the incident, then the owner would have much more ground to stand on.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:16 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
I wanna see the final result of this thread.. pretty pointlesss.. but all this hype has got me curious now.. LoL
Old 02-15-2009, 06:15 AM
Road Racer / Solo Addict

Received 293 Likes on 141 Posts
In to see how everything gets sorted out..

I drive 2 hours to get maintenance.. If I had to leave it I would do it because the service has been great, but if I had ANY doubt anything was going on, as you have, I would be there no matter how long the drive.. and unannounced..

Good Luck with your situation..
Old 02-15-2009, 06:26 AM
Instructor

Okay, this thread is pissing me off lol. First off, it's bothering the hell out of me because if the dealer did this to me I'd be furious. Second, Audioholics, get your ass to the dealership and check on your car!!!!! The minute I read this thread I said the dealership did something to his car. Half the people that have wrote on this thread agree there's something fishy going on. Is the hour drive really that bad?? I personally think an hour drive would be worth it. For all the people who said it fell off the lift....one of my buddies use to work for one of the BMW dealerships here in north jersey. He texted me a pic of a 3 series that fell off the lift, so it can happen. I would post the pic but it's on my old razr which didn't have a SD card, no way to get the pics off of it. Good luck with everything though, waiting to see what happens. And get your ass to the dealer EARLY!!!!!
Old 02-15-2009, 09:09 AM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Audioholics, what is the reason for calling them prior to going out? We suggested to you to go to the dealer, you didn't. Now you are saying you are going to call before you go and again we are saying don't! I know you want to give them the benifit of the doubt here but please realize people make mistakes all the time so if something happened it is an accident. It happens.....But if they did something and are trying to cover it up, now you can get somewhere with them.

Calling them just gives the dealer a chance to hide it from you more. Get up at 6:30 am and drive the Colbalt on the revlimiter all the way to the dealer before anyone is pumped full of coffee.

Some things that can come of this:

A: You can see the car, touch, smell, and feel. Your mind is at ease with the fact knowing all is ok.

B: You see your car and there is damage so know you have a case against the dealer and let the negotions begin.

C: Trade that POS rental they slapped you with and drive another Acura.

Bring your camera!!!!
Old 02-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Racer

Actually you're wrong. Years ago the dealer smashed my brothers Grand Am and they gave him full trade in credit for a new model. He made out like a bandit!

As for me driving to the dealer, I need to first know if my car is at Service in clearwater or the Bodyshop in ST Pete before I go out there. I am not sure where it is at this point.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:51 AM
Soon I will have

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
get the name of the body shop...ask them if your car is there...but more importantly ask them what the Acura dealership has asked them to do to your car. Also ask them if they know how the "supposed Damage" was done. Maybe the guy will let out some info that the dealership doesn't want you to have. Either way, something sketchy is going on with your ride, I would be asking for information for the dept. head. Your car needs you at this point...cmon man go rescue her
Old 02-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Racer

get the name of the body shop...ask them if your car is there...but more importantly ask them what the Acura dealership has asked them to do to your car. Also ask them if they know how the "supposed Damage" was done. Maybe the guy will let out some info that the dealership doesn't want you to have. Either way, something sketchy is going on with your ride, I would be asking for information for the dept. head. Your car needs you at this point...cmon man go rescue her
That's exactly what I am planning to do. Plus I will ask the body shop if they detail cars and have them wax my car if its there. Any credible body shop won't do that after a fresh paintjob so if they refuse to do it, it will prove something funny is going on.

One way or another I am getting my car back tomorrow!
Old 02-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
When I worked in a body shop- they polished out the rest of the car so you couldnt tell the new paint blend lines

If your car is in a body shop under a dealer work order/name- they dont have the car there as ~your car~ and it would need a seperate work order to do a detail job on it

Cant just call and expect a shop to put out labor without written authorization
Old 02-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Racer

Ok let me ask you guys this. Would the Acura dealer be able to remove and reset a door by themselves?
Old 02-15-2009, 04:44 PM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Audioholics
That's exactly what I am planning to do. Plus I will ask the body shop if they detail cars and have them wax my car if its there. Any credible body shop won't do that after a fresh paintjob so if they refuse to do it, it will prove something funny is going on.

One way or another I am getting my car back tomorrow!

You might go to the dealer tomorrow but from the looks of it, the dealer has your car past Monday.

Are you forgetting, this bodyshop gets a ton and I mean a ton of work from this Acura dealer? They are in it to continue working with them. They are going to be told to keep quiet on this car and the bodyshop is going to listen. They aren't going to say a word to you if the car was damaged. You gave them exactly what they wanted .....more time..

They also were able to keep you away from the dealer by feeding you that crap on the loner thing being you didn't buy the car from them. They have you where they want you......Far away from the dealer.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Acura drove me away too..

Received 107 Likes on 66 Posts
You my friend have been
Old 02-16-2009, 05:55 AM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
go find out where the body shop is...talk to the ppl working on your car (and i mean the exact person fixing it and not the front desk ppl) and see what they're fixing and look at the car itself...if it's different than what the dealership has been pushing on you...go flip a sht at the dealership in front of everyone...and remember to keep that voicemail from the service advisor saying what the dealership was sending the car for.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would have been on this soo long ago i guess i dont know whats its like to have an acura dealership so far away from me i live pretty close to one
Old 02-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Racer

I think you guys are a bit paranoid and it made me the same. I called the dealer and told them not to transport my car and that I was coming to pick it up and they said no problem. They will wash it and have it ready in 1 hour.

I then called them back and said you can send it to the shop only if you can get me an Acura loaner and I can get some things out of the car. They agreed and I am goin there now to pick up an 09 TSX.

They said the wind noise on my car is a bit louder than norm and they are not authorized to remove the door to fix it.

So if they were hiding something they would have told me my car was already there....
Old 02-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
yes-continue to imagine things
And 1 hour away is far to you,,,when your car is concerned ??
thats less than most daily commutes!

The frame shop was probably checking to see if the car had been dropped off something or hit in an accident and that caused the wind noise- its not a simple door alignment,,,these cars are made from recycled beer cans!
Acura corp has to authorize what labor they are willing to pay the dealer for
Loaner cars are based on needs of other paying customers as well as how long you need it and other factors
The dealer is providing the loaner as a courtesy from their own pocket...they do not have to give you a loaner!!! Corp does not pay them back for it
Old 02-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
Acura corp has to authorize what labor they are willing to pay the dealer for
Loaner cars are based on needs of other paying customers as well as how long you need it and other factors
The dealer is providing the loaner as a courtesy from their own pocket...they do not have to give you a loaner!!! Corp does not pay them back for it
This is not entirely true. Acura does pay the dealer for loaner usage and they have to authorize VERY VERY few repairs, only things are they ALWAYS have to authorize paint and very very rarely interior appearance issues. But you are correct in saying that they do not have to give you a loaner, loaners are a dealer provided perk not something that you are entitled to when you buy an Acura. But I don't personally know of any dealers that don't have atleast a limited supply of loaner cars.

To the OP I'm glad your car is ok, some of the guys on here get just a little paranoid
Old 02-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Acura drove me away too..

Received 107 Likes on 66 Posts
^ "The man" is watching...

While your here, let me pick your brain. What possible warranty problems could one have by changing their exhaust system?

Last edited by BlueAc; 02-16-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Racer

I checked my baby out today. Aside from her being dirty, she is A-Ok. The rotors look awesome painted black! They told me they've never encountered this wind noise issue but will have the body shop really go over this in great detail.

They loaned me an 09 TSX with Nav. Wow did Acura come a long way with this car. I had 08 TSX loaners before and hated them. This one is really nice. Super sharp handling, and excellent acceleration for a 4cyl. I don't know how but this car is way more responsive than the 08 model. The interior is also improved though not up to my TL of course. When the V6 TSX comes out it will smoke the 4G TL and likely even our TL-S's. I hope they make it a TSX Type R and stiffen the steering and suspension just a tad.

In any event, I am in no rush to get my car back as I want it fixed right. In the meantime, I am lovin the TSX loaner and the quality of service Crown Acura is providing me!
Old 02-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Buddy, I'm glad to hear everything is working out to your satisfaction. By the way, I love your website (www.audioholics.com). There's some GREAT stuff there.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
I am so glad to hear your car is okay! You had us all very nervous!! enjoy the tsx...anything is better than that other pos they gave you
Old 02-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Racer

Guys;

I am also very relieved that my car is ok as well. I had 2 nights of bad dreams thinking about her. My wife thinks I'm a bit obsessed over my TLS. Maybe she is right.

In the meantime, I'm having a blast being in an Acura car again.

Steve thanks for the compliments on my website.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
^ haha I thought he was joking about that being your website. Now I gotta check it out!
Old 02-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Photographer

its great to hear that your car is ok. its even better to know that they are taking care of you. just keep up with the contacts.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Racer

the only thing i noticed was my wheels were dirty as hell but I assume it was like that since they took them off to paint the rotors and calipers. They did said they need my car for about 1hr to wash and vaccum it before giving it back to me.

I wish they could do a full detail but they don't offer that service. I may wax her myself as a coming home present
Old 02-17-2009, 12:33 AM
Intermediate

that happened to me too...ti had an air nag light on and wanted it checked out..they redid my entire power steering..gave me new free breaks...and re-sprayed my bumpers
Old 02-17-2009, 03:55 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
TL is ok.. great! How is the TSX?
Old 02-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Intermediate

I think dealerships are low in car sales and they want to recoupe their money with fixing cars and giving the loaner cars as long as possible. As always is good to hear a good ending.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Racer

The 09 TSX is simply amazing. I don't understand how they got so much more low end torque out of the same engine of the 08. The handling IMO is superb. Its a very agile car. Once they put in the V6 and stiffen up the steering and suspension a tad, I think we all may be trading in our TL Type S;s

My only complaint is the dash is a bit too busy. I hate all the buttons but its not nearly as bad as the new TL. The back and side of the TSX is visually pleasing but the front bumper is a bit tacky. I would have to mod that and also put HID on the high beams if I were to buy that car.

The Nav screen is greatly improved over our TL. The audio system is a mixed bag. They added 2 more speakers but it throws off the soundstage of the left and right rear channels. The tweets are more direct firing at you but they seem a bit more compressed than our system. Not sure if they went with a weaker motor structure on that tweet to fit it in the door lining like that. The bass is definately more powerful than our systems though. The center channel sucks as always though they moved it so far away from the listener that you are relying solely on first reflections from it. Since its a one way wizzer cone special this doesn't always work to its favor.

Overall this car is greatly improved over the 08 model. I wish I could say the same for the TL...
Old 02-17-2009, 10:28 AM
B A N N E D

they are so ugly
Old 02-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
The 09 TSX is simply amazing. I don't understand how they got so much more low end torque out of the same engine of the 08. The handling IMO is superb. Its a very agile car. Once they put in the V6 and stiffen up the steering and suspension a tad, I think we all may be trading in our TL Type S;s

My only complaint is the dash is a bit too busy. I hate all the buttons but its not nearly as bad as the new TL. The back and side of the TSX is visually pleasing but the front bumper is a bit tacky. I would have to mod that and also put HID on the high beams if I were to buy that car.

The Nav screen is greatly improved over our TL. The audio system is a mixed bag. They added 2 more speakers but it throws off the soundstage of the left and right rear channels. The tweets are more direct firing at you but they seem a bit more compressed than our system. Not sure if they went with a weaker motor structure on that tweet to fit it in the door lining like that. The bass is definately more powerful than our systems though. The center channel sucks as always though they moved it so far away from the listener that you are relying solely on first reflections from it. Since its a one way wizzer cone special this doesn't always work to its favor.

Overall this car is greatly improved over the 08 model. I wish I could say the same for the TL...
Wouldn't it be hilarious of the 4-banger TSX has more low end torque then the V6.. lol..
Old 02-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Originally Posted by Orlando TL
they are so ugly
Not as ugly as the 4G TL.. but that's just my opinion.. :FLAMESUIT:
Old 02-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Intermediate

I got 2009 TSX as a loaner and I am driving it right now. Also I own 2004 TSX (and 2007 TL-S). The driving style is very similar to the old one except the suspension is more sturdy. It is soft, but it's more silenced, which feels better. The engine power is the same as the old one and it even sounds the same. Interior you can call it more like "technology", where the old one is more "sophisticated". I would prefer harder steering, it seems if you hit pothole the car will turn in circles. Overall it is much better looking than 4G TL.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Racer

I think dealerships are low in car sales and they want to recoupe their money with fixing cars and giving the loaner cars as long as possible. As always is good to hear a good ending.
That is what I've been saying all along. I calculate they are making around $1600 off the service of my car. Fine for me as long as I am putting miles on their TSX and they don't harm my car.

I do notice the TSX has less wind noise than my TL so hopefully they can quite her up a bit.

As for the new TSX being the same power as the old, I can tell you I had 3 TSX loaners in the past and none of them seemed to move as nicely as this one.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:32 AM
A Black TL

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LOL I sure hope not else they may try to upgrade me to a 4G

They didn't have any Acura loaners so they put me into a Chevy Cobalt which overall is pretty crappy but it actually turns pretty well.
Haa, that thing must be slow as heck, i rented it once, cuz acura was in shop, and i would floor that thing, and it felt like a turtle.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Racer

Haa, that thing must be slow as heck, i rented it once, cuz acura was in shop, and i would floor that thing, and it felt like a turtle.
Yea and that may be why I am on a TSX high right now

Quick Reply: Dealer Won't Give me Back my TL-S!!!