Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Warranty Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 04:33 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer Warranty Issue

I have done my services through my local Acura dealer for my 2000 TL for the last 4 years. I leased my new TL through a different dealer. My rear cabin has been leaking and I need to get it fixed. The dealership I leased my car from is around 40 miles away from me. The dealership that I do my services through keep blowing me off and do not want to fix the seat. They tried telling me to go to the dealership that I leased the car through. I believe that any Acura dealership has to do warranty work. What action can I take to make this dealership perform this work? Who can I contact at Acura to complain about this dealership? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:02 PM

Who did you talk to at the dealership?
Someone on the board recommended i talk straight to the manager of service and it worked a whole lot better then any service writer could. Call and make a appt. with them. Then i would contact acura customer service however they arent on my good list at the moment and probably will not help you but you can ateast give this a try. You should also get everything in writing and file a BBB complaint agiant the dealership. Thats what i would do.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:03 PM

There should also be some kind of consumer complaint board... i know we have one in fairfax county...they dont do much but follow up with written paper work however its such a hassle for most businesses that they end up doing what you want.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:29 PM
I slow down for COPS

If someone doesn't want to work on my car, I would not force them to. After you stir things up, would you feel comfortable leaving your car with them? I would not.

It is like going to a restaurant, complaining and then asking for food. How would you know if the cook did not wipe his ass with your burger?

My
Old 04-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mark 3M bra man
How would you know if the cook did not wipe his ass with your burger?

Ha! There's an image I could do without!
Old 04-21-2005, 06:19 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by Gadgets

LOL, In my very first job, I saw first hand a steakhouse manage taking a piece of steak out of the food garbage to give to the customer in a to go box...no butt wiping though.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:00 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Gadgets
Me too. But now that you have the image, think about how you approach people that can hurt you. I think that's the point.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:05 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jobbin
I have done my services through my local Acura dealer for my 2000 TL for the last 4 years. I leased my new TL through a different dealer. My rear cabin has been leaking and I need to get it fixed. The dealership I leased my car from is around 40 miles away from me. The dealership that I do my services through keep blowing me off and do not want to fix the seat. They tried telling me to go to the dealership that I leased the car through. I believe that any Acura dealership has to do warranty work. What action can I take to make this dealership perform this work? Who can I contact at Acura to complain about this dealership? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
In all reality they don't have to work on your car. Sure Acura my frown on it but thats about it. I've only run into this one time with a GM dealership. Like others mentioned, I wouldn't want them working on my car if I had to force them to.... You will probably get better service out of your "40 mile away" dealer anyhow..

Being someone that worked at a large dealership for 8+ years, I do find this issue quite strange - It's not like they are loosing money on you. All they are actually doing is loosing you once again on your next Acura purchase. And that, the owner needs to know..

Good luck