Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Disaster.. give me advice!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 06:14 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer Disaster.. give me advice!!!!

I went to the dealer on Wednesday to pick up my new TL. I followed everyones advice and went over the car like a madman. I looked for flaws and rattles etc. The front right speaker was making noise whether or not the radio was on. I'm glad I found this on the test drive. Anyways it just so happens that the dealer has two of the exact same car so he suggests that we just switch over the paperwork to the new one. So I spend my day on the phone with the bank, the insurance and the dealer(lost a couple hours of work) to get this straightened out. I get to the dealer today check out my new car and sign on the dotted line. Two seconds later they come back and tell me they dont have all of the paperwork from the insurance. WTF!!!!!!!!So now I'm pissed. I live an hour away from the dealer and this is my second trip fighting rush hour traffic. I'm driving a loaner corolla and they're bringing the car to my house tomorow. I already negotiated a free car cover because of all of this Bull but I was wondering how you guys would handle this situation. I didn't pay 35,000 for a toyota corolla!!!!!!!!!! Hit me back, thanks.
Old 06-24-2004, 06:18 PM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jbenn23
I went to the dealer on Wednesday to pick up my new TL. I followed everyones advice and went over the car like a madman. I looked for flaws and rattles etc. The front right speaker was making noise whether or not the radio was on. I'm glad I found this on the test drive. Anyways it just so happens that the dealer has two of the exact same car so he suggests that we just switch over the paperwork to the new one. So I spend my day on the phone with the bank, the insurance and the dealer(lost a couple hours of work) to get this straightened out. I get to the dealer today check out my new car and sign on the dotted line. Two seconds later they come back and tell me they dont have all of the paperwork from the insurance. WTF!!!!!!!!So now I'm pissed. I live an hour away from the dealer and this is my second trip fighting rush hour traffic. I'm driving a loaner corolla and they're bringing the car to my house tomorow. I already negotiated a free car cover because of all of this Bull but I was wondering how you guys would handle this situation. I didn't pay 35,000 for a toyota corolla!!!!!!!!!! Hit me back, thanks.

If they're bringing the car to your house tomorrow, all is good, right? You're getting a different car than the rattling one, so you should be ok. Just be patient. Are you looking to get a monetary compensation for your inconvenience here? (i'm not criticising, I'm just asking)
Old 06-24-2004, 06:21 PM
Fallen

Thats BS! Why did you get corolla as a loaner? You should have asked for TSX or TL or something... Man... That just sucks balls too much.

Call the dealer right now and yell at them that you dont want Corolla any more...
Beat the crap outta em
Old 06-24-2004, 07:03 PM
At least I'm housebroken.

It doesn't sounds like these guys are trying to screw you - it's probably a state law that they can't let you off the lot with the car until it's insured. (If they're financing it, the bank certainly won't let you off the lot without comprehensive insurance.)

My sleazy story: Buying my car from a guy kinda far away, and I get the P.O. and it has tax written up as twice what it should be. Blames it on a calculator mistake. (Yea, right!) Needless to say, I reworked the paperwork with the changes and got him to sign on them. I doubt they'll mess with me - I get free legal work. Watch for the tax scam - be sure to look over the invoice!
Old 06-24-2004, 08:01 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like they are trying to make good with ya bro. A car cover is a very pricey, well worth a one day wait i would think.

Just my .02

EZ
Old 06-24-2004, 10:44 PM
Semper Fi

First of all I would have nego. a premium luxury rental. Second of all I would never let anyone drive my vehicle. Theirs nothing like driving it off the lot with 5miles on the odometer- I know it wont be abused if I am driving it.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by jbenn23
I followed everyones advice and went over the car like a madman. I looked for flaws and rattles etc. The front right speaker was making noise...
Folks, if this isn't proof-positive of what inadvertant damage this forum can do I don't know what is.

This newb is so preoccupied with finding the EVIL RATTLE OF DOOM that you've all planted in his brain that he switched cars and is in the midst of a mess....for what?

jbenn: A word to the wise- don't believe everything you read. Yes, some people have rattly interiors. You heard what, some 'tic' near a speaker and so you re-did all your paperwork and litterally demanded another vehicle? That dealer must be making a financial killing on your deal to put up with such nonsense, otherwise he'd have tossed you for sure.

Not your fault. We did it to you.

BJ
Old 06-25-2004, 06:38 AM
Instructor

You people are all cruel. There was no hint whatever that the dealer was trying to "screw" him. In fact, I think the dealer bent over backwards rather than to tell him to "take a hike".

My TL is going back in for the third time for an XM Radio problem...yes that's right....three times. I guess according to a lot of you out there this should qualify me for a partnership with the dealer! Maybe I'll ask for an oil change or something. If the dealer was trying to "screw" me then I would try to get blood from him but that is not the case. I feel he is honestly trying and at this point in time is good enough for me.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:40 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Consider what would have happened if the dealership hadn't caught the insurance mis-match and you were in an accident before the mistake had been corrected. These things happen and as long as the dealership fesses up and trys to make it right, it shouldn't be a big deal. Yeah, it would have been nice if they had come through with a nicer loaner but the fact that they did give you something of value (car cover) means that they weren't just out to hose you.

I would agree with "ali enterprises" that I would pass on the home delivery and drive the TL off the lot myself.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
In the state of Ohio, you can't drive off the lot without proof of insurance. Your dealer is just following the rules. I also agree with ali, I know you live an hour from the dealership, but it's easier to catch problems there, as you did once already.

Enjoy your TL and welcome to the club!
Old 07-01-2004, 06:17 PM
3rd Gear

Follow Up. Thanks for your opinions. I went back and picked up my TL the next day. The dealer did take care of all of my requests. Free cover, wheels locks, etc. I know that they were not intentionally trying to screw me, I just felt they should have taken care of the situation better. As for that rattle of doom thing (Boltjames) that wasn't my problem. The problem with the first car was a very loud hiss coming from the speaker at all times. I wasn't being a prick about it. I don't think that any of you would have taken that car with that noise. As for my new car,.. could't be happier. Enjoying every mile of it so I guess it was worth the frustration. Thanks again!
Old 07-01-2004, 09:17 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad to hear it worked out well. ENJOY!