Sponsored by:

Dealer Damage !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 12:04 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
Dealer Damage !!!!!

Mods feel free to move it around.....

I went in to get a "State Inspection" at the dealership....as usual I went to the same service adviser.....very nice guy....always hooks me up....

I take my girls purse out of the seat and put it in the trunk....put my duffle bag in the trunk as well....chill in the lounge while they are working or inspecting my car....

when its done, i walk to my car and notice this BIG DENT (size of a tennis ball) on my trunk and also a chipped paint gouge on my bumper....

I go back inside and tell my service adviser whats going on....he went to the shop and stuff, came back and told me "there is nothing there that would have caused this".....and he is like this didnt happen here....

i mean i LOVE my car to the point that my girl gets jealous (i bet this is a common story here at Azine).....coz a dent that size I wouldn't miss.....I mean its right in the face waving "HI".....

Now after all the talks he says talk to my "service manager"....and what he says will be the final verdict....i was like :BS: ....i told him i know for a fact that the dent wasnt there before i took my car in.....and I might call Acura Customer relations as well as BBB....

The service adviser flipped....he is like "after all that I have done for you, you going to call BBB and dont threaten me and this and that"....i was like dude I aint calling it your fault....am saying this happened to me at this Business location....

I dont know what to do....i called the cops before I left the premises the get a police report....so that I can have this documented.....but the cop said, "if this happened as an accident we cant file a report....if this was done purposely, then I can file a report"....i was like "nah, it was an accident".....so he left....(btw I was along with the cop....didnt take the cop into the service department and all that DRAMA......)

so I dont want the service adviser to get in trouble but I really want to get my car fixed....am not trying to blame something on the dealership, because I do have some little dings and dents on and in my car coz of all the DIY's I do....but not a tennis ball sized dent....

please comment and let me know what to talk to the service manager.....

Thanks and shit i never thought I would have to post something like this on here....
Old 05-06-2009, 12:41 AM
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
sometimes... you notice things that you havn't before, and thats just how it is.. but nonetheless they could've done it on accident. since it seems you "had" somewhat of a good relation with the service adviser, i would try to talk to him and try to come to an agreement, meet half&half. i.e. free/discounted following service, or something like that.. you know what i mean? well hope the best works out for you
Old 05-06-2009, 12:50 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
"all they've done for you" ain't worth shit if they mess up your car and won't fix it.

Call the corp customer service.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:14 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
I thought most dealers, do a visual inspection marking any damages before you give it in? This will notate any previous damages to the vehicle.. and this dealership doesn't do this? Strange.

In any event, I would speak to the manager and just call Acura customer relations. And if they don't get resolution for you at that level you can also just try to negotiate with the dealer and tell him to comp the repair.

Sorry man
Old 05-06-2009, 02:10 AM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

Received 273 Likes on 179 Posts
That sucks man, if the dealership dented up my car I would be pretty damn pissed.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:50 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
white bear acura fudged up my front bumper and repaired it. unfortunately abra bodyshop does piss poor work and I have been unable to get them to fix it right and the dealer is draggin' their feet
Old 05-06-2009, 07:15 AM
Trying to clean out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is why I'm almost to the point of taking pictures of my car before taking it in for service. Last time I took it in for work I walked around the car with a service advisor and pointed out all the little nicks and scratches.

The last time I took my previous car in for an oil change at a Goodyear place(down in Statesboro, GA there aren't a lot of places to choose from) they forgot to put the oil cap back on. THE OIL CAP! I started doing them myself after that.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Dang, that sux! I had a similar thing happen at the dealership, in the end I ended up spending my own money to repair the damages. Unless you have some kind of proof or a witness, your argument is worthless (in their eyes). Makes you wish there was a camera or something to see what really happened.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,926 Likes on 14,464 Posts
I can understand both perspectives...because since you just got the car back maybe you were looking it over with more scrutiny than when you had just come out of the grocery store right before going to the dealership, where the damage actually occured (just an example). Could be true, or could be what the service advisor is thinking.

I would go back and apologize for making the guy feel "threatened" since he has been very nice to you. Tell him you would like to speak to the service manager to see what he says. Tell him how much you scrutinize your car every time you walk away and back to it and that you would have noticed it if it was there before and that if he were in your shoes he wouldn't want to feel stuck with a dent that was caused by coming to this dealership. If he says too bad...then ask him personally for his card, full name, and acura's corporate number to file a complaint.

Once he sees you're not a little punk he can bully around and that you mean business and you'll approach it the appropriate way (read: not get pissed and throw a trash can through the front window) he may have a quick respect for you and your wishes. NO service advisor wants to be reported to corporate. Especially in times like these where salers are hurting and brand loyalty isn't more important than a great deal.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by oarichard
sometimes... you notice things that you havn't before, and thats just how it is.. but nonetheless they could've done it on accident. since it seems you "had" somewhat of a good relation with the service adviser, i would try to talk to him and try to come to an agreement, meet half&half. i.e. free/discounted following service, or something like that.. you know what i mean? well hope the best works out for you
i know dude....thats y i wrote i put my girls purse and my duffle bag in the trunk at the dealership....and a dent a tennis ball size which u have never seen before would have popped up.....

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
"all they've done for you" ain't worth shit if they mess up your car and won't fix it.

Call the corp customer service.
i know what u mean man.....but he is a very genuine dude.....has a wife who is blind in both eyes....dont wanna get him in trouble during this recession period....

Originally Posted by Elegant TYPE S
I thought most dealers, do a visual inspection marking any damages before you give it in? This will notate any previous damages to the vehicle.. and this dealership doesn't do this? Strange.

In any event, I would speak to the manager and just call Acura customer relations. And if they don't get resolution for you at that level you can also just try to negotiate with the dealer and tell him to comp the repair.

Sorry man
They do....they do, do a walk around.....but since this guy missed it....he says we thought you knew about it.....so we didnt ask u if you wanted to fix it....

Originally Posted by AnthraciteAspec
That sucks man, if the dealership dented up my car I would be pretty damn pissed.
temme about it...!!!!

Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai
white bear acura fudged up my front bumper and repaired it. unfortunately abra bodyshop does piss poor work and I have been unable to get them to fix it right and the dealer is draggin' their feet
so did u end up paying for it all ???

Originally Posted by theslup
This is why I'm almost to the point of taking pictures of my car before taking it in for service. Last time I took it in for work I walked around the car with a service advisor and pointed out all the little nicks and scratches.

The last time I took my previous car in for an oil change at a Goodyear place(down in Statesboro, GA there aren't a lot of places to choose from) they forgot to put the oil cap back on. THE OIL CAP! I started doing them myself after that.
dude i have stopped taking my car to the dealership since a while....i do all my stuff at home....tranny flush, engine oil chance, ps flush, brakes, engine mounts, i mean everything.....i took it for state inspection (i had a coupon which was FREE).....

Originally Posted by 05TL*6-SPEED*
Dang, that sux! I had a similar thing happen at the dealership, in the end I ended up spending my own money to repair the damages. Unless you have some kind of proof or a witness, your argument is worthless (in their eyes). Makes you wish there was a camera or something to see what really happened.
damn dude.....but these guys say they have 100 camera's on the dealership and they will find out....messed up part is....they will tell u if they say something on camera or not.....u cant be there......

Originally Posted by rockstar143
I can understand both perspectives...because since you just got the car back maybe you were looking it over with more scrutiny than when you had just come out of the grocery store right before going to the dealership, where the damage actually occured (just an example). Could be true, or could be what the service advisor is thinking.

I would go back and apologize for making the guy feel "threatened" since he has been very nice to you. Tell him you would like to speak to the service manager to see what he says. Tell him how much you scrutinize your car every time you walk away and back to it and that you would have noticed it if it was there before and that if he were in your shoes he wouldn't want to feel stuck with a dent that was caused by coming to this dealership. If he says too bad...then ask him personally for his card, full name, and acura's corporate number to file a complaint.

Once he sees you're not a little punk he can bully around and that you mean business and you'll approach it the appropriate way (read: not get pissed and throw a trash can through the front window) he may have a quick respect for you and your wishes. NO service advisor wants to be reported to corporate. Especially in times like these where salers are hurting and brand loyalty isn't more important than a great deal.
i know what u mean dude.....i live with my girl and her brother lives with us.....he check my car out more than i do .....he left the house in the morning and if there was anything he or I would have.....now at the dealership i use my trunk and dont notice anything either.....the guy who walks around my car doesnt see anything either.....

when i come back there is a dent and the guy who walks my car is gone for an auction.....after couple hours there is a quote ready on the repair.....

i already apologized for making him feel threatened and told him "i was discussing my options and not trying to get you in trouble".....lemme talk to him today and see what they have to say.....
Old 05-06-2009, 09:02 AM

I just got an email from them....

Client Appreciation Event
Hosted by the St. Louis Acura Service Department.

Wednesday May 6th 2009 | 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm

Event Includes:

Paintless Dent Repair Demonstration
On-line Scheduling & Set-Up Demonstration
Door Prizes
Prize Drawings*
Vehicle Detail package
Lube oil and filter change
Discounts off Service
Special drawing for up to $750.00 with Ride & Drive Event

.....coincidence @ paintless dent repair ???
Old 05-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
[quote=swoosh;10868302]

damn dude.....but these guys say they have 100 camera's on the dealership and they will find out....messed up part is....they will tell u if they say something on camera or not.....u cant be there......

That's messed up! Most likely they are hiding something.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,926 Likes on 14,464 Posts
Well good luck with that man...

maybe the coupon is his way of saying sorry, we'll take care of it, withouth taking responsibility for it? Either way,if the dent goes away...so does the issue IMO.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:27 AM

yup....i will be going to the customer appreciation night and tell them to demo the paintless dent removal on my whip..... i come out fresh as new
Old 05-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Deal directly with the service manager. Forget the "hook-ups".. remember that this is not personal it's business. Don't threaten action, have action forced upon you.. If they give you no choice then file a complaint with you state consumer protection agency (atty gen) and the bbb. I'm sure they'll fix it but keep the pressure up. They don't want to lose your business over b.s. that could tarnish their business name. You should at least be 90% sure that the damage occurred there and not somewhere else.

No one is going to get fired for a complaint. Treat them professionally. I would go back, explain how you were emotional about the whole situation but would like to work things out. Trust me.. no one there is your friend (friendly yes.. friend no..). They prefer to be on your positive side for future service but if you turn on them they'll slam the door behind you. I hope things work out for you.

edit: I wouldn't have much hope in the PDR demo. That also doesn't help with the paint gouge in the bumper.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea id speak with the boss of bosses there.....after all that hes done....hes done his job and as far as that goes its fine, but the condition u got ur back in isnt satisfactory
Old 05-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Swoosh, I hope it all works out well and your TL looks good in time for the Kansas City meet on May 17th.

2009 Kansas City All Acura Meet-May 17th
https://acurazine.com/forums/midwest-312/kansas-city-2009-spring-all-acura-meet-may-17th-12pm-%40-jay-wolfe-acura-714994/
Old 05-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
I worked in shops- here is the deal:

The service writer is supposed to walk around the car with you at drop off- noting any damage and have you initial that you agree.

Sometimes a tool falls from a techs hand- like an impact gun, and hits the car
The shop has insurance to cover this event
Service writer would have no knowledge as they were not told of it by tech, or the car wash trainee goober,,,

BBB means NOTHING- has no ability to do anything but send letters to a company- and only to those who paid to belong to it!
Acura Customer Care is there to help when the SERVICE MANAGER is not able to resolve a situation with you
Dont ask for anyones full name yadayada- threats dont work,,,if you cant resolve it as 2 adults, simply take their card and call acura 1-800-382-2238x5.
Ask for a complaint file to be opened and a real acura manager will call the dealer to see whats happened, then call you to see what it will take to make you happy?
Corp hates getting those calls- feeling that the service manager should have been able to resolve the situation without them

writers and managers `bonus` pay depends on perfect 10s on customer survey, a bad call is like a negative 20 report!
Go speak in person with the SM- mention you have been on acurazine.com discussing the event, and take an estimate or 2 from body shops for repair

Everyone should learn from this and take your camera-phone or real camera and do the walk around with the service writer- note any existing damage- no arguement later
Old 05-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
BBB means NOTHING- has no ability to do anything but send letters to a company- and only to those who paid to belong to it!
the BBB is a joke
Old 05-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
swoosh, I paid nothing for that repair but needless to say my front bumper didn't look like ass before it happened.....
Old 05-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I hope this works out for you. I got mad just reading this.

not get pissed and throw a trash can through the front window
But this made me laugh, cause i would have been that guy
Old 05-06-2009, 07:21 PM

^^^ Thanks a lot guys.....seriously.....

So I went to the dealership today and spoke to this service manager.....i told him my story and he was like "it didnt happen here".....i told him "how do you know".....he said "i dont but it didnt happen here".....

I was like ok....and started walking and he was like...."maybe we can fix it for you"......

after 10 mins of talking
he: "ok we will fix the trunk for you"
now the trunk had a dent and bumper has a paint chip
me: "how about the bumper"
he: we will put some paint on it......

so well he said he is gonna fix it......

damn am kinda happy that it will be fixed.....am sad coz my car wouldnt be the same..... ....i might be over-reacting right now but DAMN
Old 05-06-2009, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by swoosh
^^^ Thanks a lot guys.....seriously.....

So I went to the dealership today and spoke to this service manager.....i told him my story and he was like "it didnt happen here".....i told him "how do you know".....he said "i dont but it didnt happen here".....

I was like ok....and started walking and he was like...."maybe we can fix it for you"......

after 10 mins of talking
he: "ok we will fix the trunk for you"
now the trunk had a dent and bumper has a paint chip
me: "how about the bumper"
he: we will put some paint on it......

so well he said he is gonna fix it......

damn am kinda happy that it will be fixed.....am sad coz my car wouldnt be the same..... ....i might be over-reacting right now but DAMN
No you're not.. I'm very skeptical about them doing touch-up on the bumper. You may end up just having it professionally done. I've seen some horrendous touch-ups. Just remember that this is purely business, no hard feelings, and trust me.. your dealership isn't losing any money or sleep on this.. I hope things work out.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Majofo
No you're not.. I'm very skeptical about them doing touch-up on the bumper. You may end up just having it professionally done. I've seen some horrendous touch-ups. Just remember that this is purely business, no hard feelings, and trust me.. your dealership isn't losing any money or sleep on this.. I hope things work out.
i just didnt want to seem like a greedy bastard and ask for stuff....i told him till my car looks like new i dont care what u do.....whether you give me a new bumper or retouch it....and i told him am not trying to rip the dealership of, of anything....just want my car back they way i brought it in.....
Old 05-06-2009, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by swoosh
i just didnt want to seem like a greedy bastard and ask for stuff....i told him till my car looks like new i dont care what u do.....whether you give me a new bumper or retouch it....and i told him am not trying to rip the dealership of, of anything....just want my car back they way i brought it in.....