Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DCH Acura Blows!!!! kinda long.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 04:00 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DCH Acura Blows!!!! kinda long.

So I took my car to DCH Acura for the first time since I got the car in March other than for an oil change. I had the typical rattle in the rear panel. Dropped the car off at 8 this morning and told them in detail what was wrong. Im sure one of the speakers in the back is blown out, most possibly the sub. I get a call from one of the service reps at around 1 o'clock only to have her tell me that she had 2 technicians drive the car around and the service manager take a look at the car and found nothing wrong with it!! She says that the levels in the car (meaning bass,sub etc..) were too high and "Out of Factory Specs" which is BS cause I left everything at center level when I dropped off the car. So I didn't bother to argue and went to pick up the car knowing that it was some BS story they were trying to get off on me. I goto pick up the car and the service mgr gives me my keys and says "yeah buddy we didn't find anything wrong with it" and im like "I disagree, theres something wrong in the speakers" and he just gives me a look like "no theres not and im not gonna bother with you"...I didn't have the patience to argue with them so I left only to find my car filthy with grease on the floormats and door and the seats were moved around, looked like someone went through the car...But my question is, WHAT WAS THE NEED FOR A TEST DRIVE WHEN THE PROBLEM IS FROM THE SPEAKERS??? Bunch of jacka**es!!!! I can also understand if they didn't want to fix the problem with the speaker but I know enough to tell when a speaker isn't working properly and such a BS they tried to give me. I am def not taking my car to them ever again and plan on taking it to another dealer to fix the speakers...Sorry about the length but I had to vent...I am soo pissed about their service.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Weather Watcher

Dang, that sucks....... aren't they like a vendor/sponsor on here? or is that a different dealership? Sorry to hear abt that experience. I personally don't take my car for a repeat visit to any dealership that I have a first time bad experience with. Even for warranty work. I'm that anal. First impressions are lasting impresessions........

What I also find interesting is that she said the levels were 'out of factory specs' which would technically mean beyond the 'max' setting for each - kinda impossible. Unbelievable...... Hope you find another place that will treat you and your car better.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:48 PM
Instructor

I have no idea what their relationship is to this board. I am also very anal about my ride, arent we all!?!? Im def not taking my car to them considering this was my first experience and what tops it off is that their is a bulletin out about rattle in the rear deck which one of the service reps mentioned to me (not to mention I already knew about it) when I made the appointment to bring the car in the first time. Seems like they didn't want to do the work even though it was warrantied..
Old 11-30-2006, 04:48 PM
Racer

It's too bad you didnt say something to them when you were there.
They get away with it because people dont give them a hard enough time.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Instructor

I was debating about making an issue about it on my way to pick up my car but then decided not too. I didn't want them screwing with my car after making a big scene and issue out of it. God knows what they might have screwed up if I left it with them after making an issue out of it. I just decided to let it go and take the car to a dealer where I will get the service I want.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:16 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Why didn't you ask him to come out to the car with you and you show them what you thought the problem was? That is the easiest way to show a tech what you are hearing.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:23 PM
Instructor

It seemed like they had already made up their minds as to what the problem was or in this case wasn't. Plus as I stated before I just didn't have the patience to argue with a bunch of idiots who blamed speaker rattle on not having the settings at "Factory Spec". Makes me wonder what kind of genius's are employed there.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:27 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by Basit06TL
It seemed like they had already made up their minds as to what the problem was or in this case wasn't. Plus as I stated before I just didn't have the patience to argue with a bunch of idiots who blamed speaker rattle on not having the settings at "Factory Spec". Makes me wonder what kind of genius's are employed there.

I'd rather make sure the techs knew exactly what I was talking about than just listen to their excuse for not finding anything. You might have got more done if you actually had one of them listen for the same problem you heard. While they probably jumped to an early conclusion about the problem, I would have at least wanted to have them in the car with me so they understood exactly what I was complaining about.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:45 PM
Instructor

I'll keep that in mind when I goto the next dealer.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:48 PM
Instructor

SSM6MTNAVI - I just saw a post from the DCH Acura dealer on this site...The dealer im referring to is in Wappingers Falls, NY just to clarify.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:07 PM
Weather Watcher

Originally Posted by Basit06TL
SSM6MTNAVI - I just saw a post from the DCH Acura dealer on this site...The dealer im referring to is in Wappingers Falls, NY just to clarify.

Ayt - thanks for clarifying! Don wanna be bad mouthing one of our sponsors. Good luck with ur next trip to the stealership.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
I thank you also for clarifying which dealer it is because otherwise I would have had to ask. DCH is a chain, which doesn't excuse anything, it just explains the similarity of names, but our sponsor is in New Jersey and we get very few complaints about them, and the ones we get are promptly handled and rectified.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You I wouldn't have left the dealership. In fact I would have made an issure about them driving your car. And if anything goes wrong with it the need to pay for it. I'm sorry man but reading your story and you not making an issue the reason they did this to you. Don't be a pushover.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

call the Acura Client Services (1-800-382-2238). Tell them the name of the dealership, and what happened. Let them KNOW what they said to you. Then go there again, and see if they do the same thing. If they do it again, call them again.

This happened to me once at my local dealership, and after the 2nd time, i think the manager got the idea that they can't just step over me. Now, when i go in there, i get treated w/ respect. They offer to wash the car, which i always decline haha, and they detail the interior for me. Also, they BRING ME coffee the way i like it when i have appointments in the morning.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Instructor

SSM6MTNAVI & Ron A - No prob. I thought i'd clarify before I got myself into a pile full of turd referrencing the wrong dealer.

CometVR4 - I hear you man...But at that point I just didn't want to stir up anything with them. I was more concerned about leaving my car with them after a bad argument regarding this issue. Im more content with flipping them the bird and trying out another dealer. If they gave me such sh**ty service on such a small issue with the car now, what kind of service would they give me down the line on a more serious issue? If I have to kick and scream just to get a speaker replaced what more will I have to do when something serious comes about. Feel me?

Laxplaya11385 - thanks for the info...I just might call up client services and file a complaint. I don't know if im gonna head back there though. Did you have to call this # in order for them to give you proper service? It sucks because I feel as if we shouldn't have to go through this BS in order to get treated properly. It's their business and we are customers, do they not have any idea what "Customer Service" means!!
Old 12-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
1) Whenever the tech was unable to duplicate an issue I had, they told the service manager, who in turn told me to take the tech out and show them the issue. Each time I demonstrated it, and each time the tech was like "Oh, yes, now I see", and each time it was corrected.

2) I thought I had the notorious rear deck rattle, but it was, in fact, a blown sub. It was blown because I had the bass and subwoofer controls turned up (3 and 4, respectively) and then had the volume turned up really high (20, sometimes up to 30). I was told flat out the stock sub is not meant to handle this. They replaced the sub, I set my controls at 4 and 3, haven't turned the volume up past 25, and all has been fine since.