3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn! They got me! But good news 2...whew!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 12:38 PM
07 TL-Navi 5AT, NBP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's Sick!

You are a BADDDDDD influence on me. Been waiting for pics of NBP blacked out grill!! Also really like the cleared headlights (parking lights, whatever). Now I have MORE work to do and I haven't even finished what mods I have already

Rick
Old 05-02-2007, 09:41 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey dark - how old are you?
Old 05-02-2007, 09:52 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fant0m_TL
hey dark - how old are you?
LOL! I have been waiting on that question for a long time! I tell you what...so that I am not accused of being "off topic" in my own thread...I will tell you when you catch me in one where it is "on topic"! How's that for keeping you guessing? You see, a lot of people on here prejudge people because they post how old they are. If you make a mistake and you are 17, 18, 19...it's because you are young. If you make a comment about not agreeing with something and you are 50ish or older, it's because you are older why you don't understand or relate. To me, people are just people. You don't get merit badges because you make 60 or 70 and you don't automatically qualify as stupid because you are a teen. So I want people to respect what I say...not my age. Feel me? Play on playa!

See, got me to go off topic after all! Hahahahahaha!
Old 05-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by darksom1
LOL! I have been waiting on that question for a long time! I tell you what...so that I am not accused of being "off topic" in my own thread...I will tell you when you catch me in one where it is "on topic"! How's that for keeping you guessing? You see, a lot of people on here prejudge people because they post how old they are. If you make a mistake and you are 17, 18, 19...it's because you are young. If you make a comment about not agreeing with something and you are 50ish or older, it's because you are older why you don't understand or relate. To me, people are just people. You don't get merit badges because you make 60 or 70 and you don't automatically qualify as stupid because you are a teen. So I want people to respect what I say...not my age. Feel me? Play on playa!

See, got me to go off topic after all! Hahahahahaha!
lol thats straight bro... but what are you talking about - 's are never wrong about anything... trust me, i know haha

no i only ask because in one post you referred to having a 16 year old daughter, but in another post, you mentioned something about being young. i may have very well misconstrued it but i was curious...

as far as the age goes, i could care less what people think of me... i make my own money and buy my own things and my car... as far as the kids that get a car from mommy and daddy - more power to them, i wish i could have that BUT - i like the fact that I can sleep good at night knowing that im a hard worker and i have proof of it.

as far as maturity and being right about things, age dosen't matter - it's the experience(s) that you have gone that makes you mature... im 19 and i garauntee you ive been through more stuff that SOME 40 year olds... age dosent make you smarter... just older - thats my motto.

keep playin playa
Old 05-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
I wonder what percentage of people on this Acurazine board even post their real ages. Mine's real.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:13 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by brettallica
I wonder what percentage of people on this Acurazine board even post their real ages. Mine's real.
Hahaha! I like fantom_TL...he's ok! Reminds me a lot of me!

As for you "Killa"...the saga continues...lol...nah, you know you are cool in my book main man! Hey Brett, I never saw the lady's car that hit me, even though she lives where it was at. HOWEVER, the marks on the car were white! Damn if I didn't get hit by a hatin' WDP woman who reads the forum huh? Hahahahahahaha!!! No, I am just kidding, bless her heart, the woman was really nice! Good samaritan I called her! She said my NBP was a "work of art"!! True story! I was like duuhhhh!! LOL! I knew you'd like that one!
Old 05-02-2007, 10:18 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Since you made it relative fantom, I'm 43, and your sentiments about that echo mine. Also, that daughter of mine is 19. I guess you must have gotten that part wrong or I was tripping. I think you read it when I stated that I bought her a new 07 Mazda3. Great car by the way for a youngster just learning to drive. Nice steering and plenty of safety features! If she is on a forum, she better be giving me props, too! LOL!
Old 05-02-2007, 10:20 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by rshanahan
That's Sick!

You are a BADDDDDD influence on me. Been waiting for pics of NBP blacked out grill!! Also really like the cleared headlights (parking lights, whatever). Now I have MORE work to do and I haven't even finished what mods I have already

Rick
Hey Rick, how have you been waiting on pics of a blacked out NBP grill when I am all over this board? LOL!

I got plenty! LOL! And the "modding" is not to be taken lightly! It will getcha! LOL!
Old 05-02-2007, 10:27 AM
07 TL-Navi 5AT, NBP

I posted my age because I wanted to show that getting old doesn't change how I take care of my car, want a subwoofer, etc. It's a passion I've always had and will continue to until I cannot drive anymore.

Your're only as old as you feel.

Age is a state of mind, which mine is still in it's 20's!

After spending 7 hours zaino'ing the car I felt a little old but

bounced back the next day after seeing how good the car looked

Rick (now looking to get my grill painted!)
Old 05-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Since you made it relative fantom, I'm 43, and your sentiments about that echo mine. Also, that daughter of mine is 19. I guess you must have gotten that part wrong or I was tripping. I think you read it when I stated that I bought her a new 07 Mazda3. Great car by the way for a youngster just learning to drive. Nice steering and plenty of safety features! If she is on a forum, she better be giving me props, too! LOL!
those Mazda 3s are pertty nice. my buddy got one... he got stoned and totaled his car... then the idiots parent bought him (at the time) a brand new $24k mazda 3... i couldnt believe it lol

stupid, stupid people!
Old 05-02-2007, 10:33 AM
07 TL-Navi 5AT, NBP

Hey Rick, how have you been waiting on pics of a blacked out NBP grill when I am all over this board? LOL!

I got plenty! LOL! And the "modding" is not to be taken lightly! It will getcha! LOL!
This is true, I realized that AFTER I posted.. Def egg on my face for that. It just sort of stood out (or actually didn't) in your post-repair pics. I REALLY do like it better as on NBP the silver grill sticks out and is soo...IN YOU FACE. My '94 626 had blacked out grill with only the mazda emblem in chrome. The later versions of the 626 started chroming out the grill and I was happy mine came black from the factory.

How much did it run you to get it painted (I guess before the accident)?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Hahaha! I like fantom_TL...he's ok! Reminds me a lot of me!

As for you "Killa"...the saga continues...lol...nah, you know you are cool in my book main man! Hey Brett, I never saw the lady's car that hit me, even though she lives where it was at. HOWEVER, the marks on the car were white! Damn if I didn't get hit by a hatin' WDP woman who reads the forum huh? Hahahahahahaha!!! No, I am just kidding, bless her heart, the woman was really nice! Good samaritan I called her! She said my NBP was a "work of art"!! True story! I was like duuhhhh!! LOL! I knew you'd like that one!
Your car is a work of art and it looks fantastic! That lady has good taste. When I was working on my trim a couple weekends ago, a neighbor of mine was walking by and told me "that is my favorite car." I'm not really sure what the context was, like if he meant that my car was his favorite or that just the TL was his favorite, but obviously something sparked his interest to say that to me because that was the first time that dude has ever said anything to me, and I've been living in that neighborhood for about two years!

Also, when I was doing my headlights, a different neighbor (who is a car nut but is bound by children and money) was totally ing when I was done with my lights. He came out and asked about all the mods I'd done. He was like "I know you've done a lot to the front here, but I don't know what exactly." I then proceeded to tell him about the body color grills and the chrome, and he then told me about how "something looked different from regular TLs, but that [he] couldn't put [his] finger on it." So I achieved the look I wanted!

Now if only the Acurazine congregation was as kind...
Old 05-02-2007, 11:00 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

This is true, I realized that AFTER I posted.. Def egg on my face for that. It just sort of stood out (or actually didn't) in your post-repair pics. I REALLY do like it better as on NBP the silver grill sticks out and is soo...IN YOU FACE. My '94 626 had blacked out grill with only the mazda emblem in chrome. The later versions of the 626 started chroming out the grill and I was happy mine came black from the factory.

Well, $525, but he is a govt. contractor, and he said it took up toomuch of his time, so I couldn't recommend him. But if you just want to paint it, any good bodyshop will do!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:00 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Well, $525, but he is a govt. contractor, and he said it took up too much of his time, so I couldn't recommend him. But if you just want to paint it, any good bodyshop will do!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:04 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by brettallica
Your car is a work of art and it looks fantastic! That lady has good taste. When I was working on my trim a couple weekends ago, a neighbor of mine was walking by and told me "that is my favorite car." I'm not really sure what the context was, like if he meant that my car was his favorite or that just the TL was his favorite, but obviously something sparked his interest to say that to me because that was the first time that dude has ever said anything to me, and I've been living in that neighborhood for about two years!

Also, when I was doing my headlights, a different neighbor (who is a car nut but is bound by children and money) was totally ing when I was done with my lights. He came out and asked about all the mods I'd done. He was like "I know you've done a lot to the front here, but I don't know what exactly." I then proceeded to tell him about the body color grills and the chrome, and he then told me about how "something looked different from regular TLs, but that [he] couldn't put [his] finger on it." So I achieved the look I wanted!

Now if only the Acurazine congregation was as kind...
Thanks for the compliment buddy! I wish I could see your's up close!

You know you have me laffin' all the time when you talk about us not understanding your mods! LOL! Hella props to you for being optimistic about it despite "us"!