3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn! They got me! But good news 2...whew!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 11:36 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Damn! They got me! But good news 2...whew!

I got backed into!!!!!

Yeah...it had to happen to me sooner or later! The "come outside ready to roll" and whoop! There it is:

I did mention good news though right? She (women!) looked out for a playa and left her name, address, and phone number! Bless her heart! She coulda done me greasy like a lot of ya'll been done and just rolled out on me! I didn't even see it at first, I just saw her note under my wiper when I got to the car this morning! She said she will give me the insurance 411 and to call her to get it taken care of. She was real apologetic! You go girl!

So what do you think? I know you can't see it like me, but can something like that be buffed out and fixed? Jesus Christ I just did that grill man! It's untouched, but if the bumper is scrapped, so is it! I ain't worried about the how, I am just interested in knowing what can be done. When I feel it, it's like scraped up and I can see where the bumper is scratched up. It's like when you know, it feels and looks like it's been shredded in some parts. I can see pieces or shreds sticking up, grooves. Is that a sand, buf, and paint job? Or, is my bumper shot? I know ya'll are gonna ask questions, so I will check back in a few. Gotta go call the insurance company and I guess I should get an estimate. I'm definitely going to the dealer if it can be fixed or whatever cuz it ain't my dime, but I am worried that my man might not have the time to do my bumper again soon!!!!! DAMN!!!!

Help a brother out AZ!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you fuckin' kiddin' me?

Dude, I think you have the curse of the Brettallica. I should cancel my membership to AZ.

Sorry to see that, bro.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Bone stock tl-s

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts
DAMN!!! dude that sucks!! sorry that happend, look at the bright side of things if you get it repainted you could put on a clear bra on a flawless front bumper. i guess there are still some honest people out there. that grill looks tight yo!
Old 04-19-2007, 12:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
that looks like a big parking lot too...how da heck can she back into that? was she driving a yukon XL or suburban ?
Old 04-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey bro...yea some people are just ridiculously kind. I was in a chinese restaurant for a friend's birthday and as we were leaving, this dude comes in and hollars "does anybody here drive a black modded TL?" I'm like "I do." Then he's like "man, i'm really sorry bro, but i accidentally hit your rear bumper. So we go outside and take a look. It was pretty bad. part of the A spec gray got chipped and parts of the bumper were scuffed really bad. He kindly gave me his insurance info and I reported the claim and got 760 bucks to repair it. I took it home and spent 4 hours buffing out the scuffs and re-Zainoing that section. Looks pretty damn good in my opinion, although if you look upclose, you can see where the blemishes are.

So, to sum it all up, i'd just file a claim and try to buff it out yourself bro. You just might be able to recuperate some of that $525 grill of yours.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:44 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
This type of scrape damage is reason enough to have clear bra installed.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by coykiam
that looks like a big parking lot too...how da heck can she back into that? was she driving a yukon XL or suburban ?
Maybe she's the lady in this video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAZPJp8UeOQ

Damn Dude... that sucks!!! Just be glad she was honest...
Old 04-19-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts

This just had to happen after grill huh? Well, if you run your nail over the damage can it be felt, or does your nail get caught? Can you take a close up shot?

Sorry man, I know how you feel, my car was keyed not even a week into ownership!
Old 04-19-2007, 02:08 PM
.:The Association:.

dam dude that sucks bad i had a similar incident a few weeks ago. I had picked up my car from gettin my rims put on and let a friend drive it and whoops CRASH, BANG, BOOM!!!!! it's not that bad looks like you could just buff the whole bumper and have it painted without getting a new bumper, but thats up to you.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Racer

Sorry to hear about the hit, but glad there are still some honest people in this world. Maybe some folks on the Board could take note.

BTW - Awesome Grill!!! That's the best mod I have seen yet.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Back after 1 Year!

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts
darksom, dude O_O NO FREAKN' WAY!!! Already!!! Well anyways...you won't need a new bumper. Mine has been backed into twice now and each time it was repaired.

At least you get a freashly painted bumper and then stick a clear bra on it ASAP!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:20 PM
06 TL 6spd. Navi/A-spec

Sorry to hear that, but damn you got lucky, about 95% of people where i live would probably drive away without leaving any info!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:37 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

HONEY IM HOMEEEE!!!!

What's up fellas! Sorry I'm just responding, but my day was hectic!

Let me start out by saying that the woman who hit my car was extra, extra nice and very forthcoming about it. She is an upstanding person who wishes that if someone hit her, they would "pay it forward"! I made sure that she was recognized for that one!

As for the damage, PPLAPW, I can feel it and drag my nail in the grooves. It LOOKS like it can be buffed and repainted, giving me a whole new bumper, bt a bodyshop guy (who did my grill) told me that I can request a new one (my car is 5 mos. as in November '06) and that if they granted me that, they will do La Grille est Fantastique again! So, either way, I'm covered. Just some bullshit ya gotta go thru. But, yes, I am eternally grateful to the sweet lady that hit my ride!

The lady said that she felt so sorry that she hit my ride, and that when she hit it, she got out and was just beside herself with frustration. She said that she noticed that my car was beautiful before, and that she was so sorry she damaged my work of art! That's right...you heard me...work of art! (Don't hate, it's impolite!) LOL! Just kidding fellas! But she did say that tho. I thought that was nice. By the time I had talked to her, she had already reported it, and left me info to follow up on like claim # and agent!

Guess what ladies and gents? True story! This was one of those weird things that happen to you! How so? Well, That's the gf's house I was over last night. (I kinda feel like FramedVision on this one.) But anyway, I usually park my car in the space of a house that is vacant. To the left of my car in the picture, as you look at it. But see those trees right there? I had just washed my car the day before, and it was looking good, and I didn't want those birds to poop on it big time by parking under those trees. So I moved it into the gf's space (the one I'm in) so as to avoid that. I also parked up, a little ways from the curb, to be sure to be out of reach of the bomb droppers! (However, for you attorneys out there, I am within the boundaries of the space fully) Bottom line is this, if I had stayed in the space I usually park in, or even back to the curb all the way, this probably wouldn'tve happened! Aarrgghhh!! The curse of trying to keep NBP clean!!! That's ok, I get a new or fresh bumper out the deal, and my car is very much driveable until they do it! So, I'm cool! I will talk to the adjuster tomorrow and find out what is what.

Big question I want to know answer to: Is it true, that because of the newness of my car, that I can request a new bumper? The woman said that if they didn't take care of me all the way to my satisfaction, then I can come to her and she will because she knows how much I take care of the car. But I don't want to trouble her with this. What are my options here? If they say it's repairable, if I just repair it, will it be one of those things where later (read trade time) someone will say because of an accident, you lose value? Since I am doing this tomorrow, I need "knowledgeable" responses, not guesses, thanks. Or can I really get a new bumper?

What's the word?...
Old 04-19-2007, 07:41 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by jptl04
DAMN!!! dude that sucks!! sorry that happend, look at the bright side of things if you get it repainted you could put on a clear bra on a flawless front bumper. i guess there are still some honest people out there. that grill looks tight yo!
Ya, clearbra def on the horizon!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:42 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Sorry to hear about the hit, but glad there are still some honest people in this world. Maybe some folks on the Board could take note.

BTW - Awesome Grill!!! That's the best mod I have seen yet.
I aim to please! Thanks!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:49 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by rodneyc77
Maybe she's the lady in this video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAZPJp8UeOQ

Damn Dude... that sucks!!! Just be glad she was honest...
Hahahahaha! That was funny as hell! Nah, this woman represented!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:51 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by Midnight_TL
hey bro...yea some people are just ridiculously kind. I was in a chinese restaurant for a friend's birthday and as we were leaving, this dude comes in and hollars "does anybody here drive a black modded TL?" I'm like "I do." Then he's like "man, i'm really sorry bro, but i accidentally hit your rear bumper. So we go outside and take a look. It was pretty bad. part of the A spec gray got chipped and parts of the bumper were scuffed really bad. He kindly gave me his insurance info and I reported the claim and got 760 bucks to repair it. I took it home and spent 4 hours buffing out the scuffs and re-Zainoing that section. Looks pretty damn good in my opinion, although if you look upclose, you can see where the blemishes are.

So, to sum it all up, i'd just file a claim and try to buff it out yourself bro. You just might be able to recuperate some of that $525 grill of yours.
I bet when he came running in and asked that, you knew that was it huh man?

I'll let the suggestion marinate if it's a viable option. But I want my shit looking freshly fresh again no doubt!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:54 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by brettallica
Are you fuckin' kiddin' me?

Dude, I think you have the curse of the Brettallica. I should cancel my membership to AZ.

Sorry to see that, bro.
LOL! I better not! Next one might not be so nice!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:21 PM
acura-cl.com OG

what did you do to your grille to accomplish that, it looks great!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:29 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by ding069
what did you do to your grille to accomplish that, it looks great!
Thanks man! Rather unfortunate chain of events tho!

I had the middle bar cut out. Here is some more info on it in my thread on grilles:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...154841&page=10
Old 04-19-2007, 11:46 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Are you gonna take it in to a body shop and see if the damage is buff-out-able? It's hard to get the depth of the scrapes on that bumper via pictures, but hopefully it'll just buff out. That would be best case scenario obviously. Either way, you're fortunate that it didn't damage any of your mod stuff. Stuff like that has sentimental value to it, so I'd hate to see that get damaged.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:40 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Are you gonna take it in to a body shop and see if the damage is buff-out-able? It's hard to get the depth of the scrapes on that bumper via pictures, but hopefully it'll just buff out. That would be best case scenario obviously. Either way, you're fortunate that it didn't damage any of your mod stuff. Stuff like that has sentimental value to it, so I'd hate to see that get damaged.
Well, when the insurance people check it out, then I will go from there as to how it will be fixed based on the adjuster's observations.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:25 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Update!!

Dropping my baby off for surgery on Monday! Time to kill a rental! LOL! (provided up front by her insurance company of course!) No word on grill becuz my car hasn't been examined yet.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:45 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Originally Posted by darksom1
Dropping my baby off for surgery on Monday! Time to kill a rental! LOL! (provided up front by her insurance company of course!) No word on grill becuz my car hasn't been examined yet.
Hopefully it works out well. I'm sure the grill is fine.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:52 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Hopefully it works out well. I'm sure the grill is fine.
If I can get it, I want a new bumper. The guy said that he will do the grill for me again. He can always just use the lower grill inserts and the mesh from the original. None of that stuff was touched. I have deep carves or scratches in my bumper. Will that allow me to get a new bumper? Does anyone here have experience in this to know what will make them say new bumper or just repair the old one? Does the fact that I have only had my car for 5 mos. play into the factoring? I really want to know this!
Old 04-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Ev an' Tec

I got backed into!!!!!

Yeah...it had to happen to me sooner or later! The "come outside ready to roll" and whoop! There it is
The problem with caring a lot about a car is that it shares the road with people who don't. (I'm not saying in this specific case -- I just mean there are lot of the other drivers out there whose cars are banged up even though they could afford to fix them.) And even if you can avoid collisions, there are always birds who poop. Even covered parking won't always work -- birds love to roost on the beams!

I want to drive on that closed course they have in the car commercials where there are no other drivers, just professionals who never collide except when scripted.

At least some of the other repair stories on these boards have had happy endings where you can't tell that there was ever any damage.

Good luck with things!
Old 04-20-2007, 10:49 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by evantec
At least some of the other repair stories on these boards have had happy endings where you can't tell that there was ever any damage.

Good luck with things!
Thanks! However, this story started out with a happy beginning because she left the info! So, now I am guaranteed the aforementioned "happy ending"!
Old 04-21-2007, 10:12 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE ANSWER TO THESE QUESTIONS?:

1) I have deep carves or scratches in my bumper. Will that allow me to get a new bumper?

2) Does anyone here have experience in this to know what will make them say new bumper or just repair the old one?

3) Does the fact that I have only had my car for 5 mos. factor into the decision?

I really want to know this! Help!
Old 04-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE ANSWER TO THESE QUESTIONS?:

1) I have deep carves or scratches in my bumper. Will that allow me to get a new bumper?

2) Does anyone here have experience in this to know what will make them say new bumper or just repair the old one?

3) Does the fact that I have only had my car for 5 mos. factor into the decision?

I really want to know this! Help!
you can find out all these answers at http://www.levins.com/pineapple.html

lol, jk... bored at work... good luck man... hey - maybe shes hot... and yall hook up... and you marry her? lol then you KNOW youll get that paid for
Old 04-21-2007, 07:08 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by fant0m_TL
you can find out all these answers at http://www.levins.com/pineapple.html

lol, jk... bored at work... good luck man... hey - maybe shes hot... and yall hook up... and you marry her? lol then you KNOW youll get that paid for
I ain't got to marry her to get that paid for! Ya feel me?
Old 04-22-2007, 12:36 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

pimpin aint easy... trust me... i know
Old 04-23-2007, 07:08 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Good news!!...

I just wanted to let everybody know that I talked to Dr. Bodyshop today, and he said he expects a full recovery!! My baby went under the sander shortly after 12 noon today and should be up and running by Wednesday!!!! Thanks everyone for your support!
Old 04-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Whew!

Old 04-24-2007, 08:16 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Check this out!!

The place operating on my baby let's you view pics of it online! Cool as hell!!

Look:

Check out my cool blue CAI peeking out!!!

Looks mere mortal this way!

Tune in later for more pics on..."As My Car Returns"!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 10:32 AM
07 TL-Navi 5AT, NBP

Front end looks similar to a Lexus with the nose removed.. Hope it gets back on fast and you get your baby back on the road!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:14 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Yesss!!!!! I got my car back and it actually looks better than before. I wasn't too crazy about the paint done when I modded my grill, but this is perfect!! All NBP!! On the house!!

I think I'm gonna go find somewhere to take a good nighttime pic...
Old 04-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Awesome! Good deal that you're happier now than you were when you first sent her in for repair! What a sweet deal! I can't wait to see the nighttime pics.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:26 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Awesome! Good deal that you're happier now than you were when you first sent her in for repair! What a sweet deal! I can't wait to see the nighttime pics.
It rained on me. I'm gonna go check out the game and see afterwards...
Old 04-28-2007, 11:07 AM
07 TL-Navi 5AT, NBP

Your recovered baby going to get a detail this weekend?? Pics of the new paint (grill)???
Old 05-01-2007, 08:44 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Ask and ye shall receive...

Originally Posted by rshanahan
Your recovered baby going to get a detail this weekend?? Pics of the new paint (grill)???
Judge for yourself my good man...

After accident pics:

As for the "details"

Looks like it's back to "new" to me!! They did a good job!

Quick Reply: Damn! They got me! But good news 2...whew!