Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D.C. is TL town merged with WOW! so many TLs in Washington DC

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 06:42 PM
My dog thinks I'm Elvis!

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Cool D.C. is TL town

Recently returned from a week in Washington D.C. with the wife and kids. Weather was perfect. Cherry blossoms were at their peak. New WWII monument was very moving and absolutely beautiful...There are zillions of TL’s there! (but not-a-one was an A-Spec) Many more TL's than I see in my home town or in Cali for that matter. I kept wondering if any of the TL drivers I saw were members of Acurazine? Maybe we should have a hand sign or something… The other thing I noticed is that D.C. is a sedan town. Fewer SUV’s than I am used to seeing in Cali.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, Im one of them....

AND I HAVE ASPEC!

I go to school in DC =)
Old 04-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Advanced

You are so right. Everytime I go to the Pensacola and to Mobile areas...I don't see the first TL. Here in Northern Virginia/DC there is one on every corner.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:37 PM
Pro

I see several (including my own) every day.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:38 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
DC is luxury high end vehicle central period. You just notice the TL's more than the bimmers and mercedes.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Today alone I saw 11 and thats not counting my time at the dealership surrounded by them

hah.

I see the same 4 (2 AM's, one Black and one white) everyday on my way to school
Old 04-04-2006, 08:15 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
I was in New England last week. Flew into Providence, drove down to New London, over to Newport R.I., then to Tewksbury and then to Augusta Maine and back to R.I. in 4 days.

I saw 3 TL's the entire 600 miles or so of driving.

I had wish I had my TL, I got some POS Buick from Avis. The only good thing about the car was, it had XM Radio.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Sec's Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xtin
Yup, Im one of them....

AND I HAVE ASPEC!

I go to school in DC =)
Do you have an acurazine sticker in your window so everyone knows you? <ducking>
Old 04-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Cold Racketeer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just moved near DC myself, and have seen many more TLs than where I used to live. On top of that, I have seen many a-spec TL's and even one just today that had 20" black/chrome lip rims. This is in Alexandria VA.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by streese
Do you have an acurazine sticker in your window so everyone knows you? <ducking>
no but i will in a few days
Old 04-04-2006, 11:52 PM
Intermediate

I live in DC and i was a tool and didnt think to go A-spec. (I actually didnt do any research before getting the car and the dealer didnt have an A-Spec on the lot) now whenever i see one i get real jealous. Yes, DC is luxury car central. I saw two Aston Martins Vanquishes i think (1 yellow 1 silver) tooling down Wisconsin Ave today.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:25 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
I see a few TLs on my way to work everyday. I live inside the beltway, but I work at Quantico so I get some driving in there. BUT... how many DGP TLs do you guys see around here?? huh... huh... Good bet if you see one, it's me.....
Old 04-05-2006, 08:25 AM
SSM A-Spec

I have a 2005 SSM / Ebony A-Spec

Just bought it!
Old 04-05-2006, 08:31 AM
Look Mean, Play Nice

Me and two other TL's basically drove next to each other for my entire commute this morning. Here in DC we don't need to schedule meets, they just happen randomnly.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:42 AM
Intermediate

Tons of TLs in DC and plenty of DC Metro area residents on this board.

My story -- shortly after buying my TL, I was crossing the Douglas bridge in the center lane. A second TL was to my left, and a third in the lane to my right! We road three across almost the entire length of the bridge.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:44 AM
Advanced

Yup, they're everywhere. There are four TL's parked outside my office window (in Rockville) Interestingly enough all different colors.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:07 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by SBTL
Recently returned from a week in Washington D.C. with the wife and kids. Weather was perfect. Cherry blossoms were at their peak. New WWII monument was very moving and absolutely beautiful...There are zillions of TL’s there! (but not-a-one was an A-Spec) Many more TL's than I see in my home town or in Cali for that matter. I kept wondering if any of the TL drivers I saw were members of Acurazine? Maybe we should have a hand sign or something… The other thing I noticed is that D.C. is a sedan town. Fewer SUV’s than I am used to seeing in Cali.

Suv's are all over the place here old and new. you'll see alot of lux sedans. only I"m not really feeling on the a spec is the kit (the front part)
Old 04-05-2006, 10:14 AM
HMFIC

The TL is the Honda Civic of the DC area. They are everywhere.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Impatient

I hadn't seen very many in my area until about 8 months ago, then they were everywhere. I was so happy to see everyone appreciating them, but I was still insanely jealous!

Old 04-05-2006, 11:38 AM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by jmbnova
I see a few TLs on my way to work everyday. I live inside the beltway, but I work at Quantico so I get some driving in there. BUT... how many DGP TLs do you guys see around here?? huh... huh... Good bet if you see one, it's me.....
When I see green or gold TL's I cringe and I think, "Man, that would be so hot if it was Anthracite/Black/White"

=)
Old 04-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
When I see green or gold TL's I cringe and I think, "Man, that would be so hot if it was Anthracite/Black/White"

=)

I do the same thing...green is pretty rare here (only seen 2 or 3), but I've seen quite a few gold ones (one parks a couple of buildings over in my office park). I see a couple of black and white ones everyday (had to pass a black one poking along in the left lane this morning)...seeing the white ones is the worst...until I remember mine has the body kit, spoiler, and Devotions (you can't notice the suspension work)...too bad none of the old fogeys driving the TL's around here appreciate it.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:48 PM
My dog thinks I'm Elvis!

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Where do you get Acruazine window stickers. I can't find them on the website and they are not for sale in the teeshirt store? Help!
Old 04-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Where do you get Acruazine window stickers. I can't find them on the website and they are not for sale in the teeshirt store? Help!

they will be on sale soon my friend....
Old 04-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Question of the year

Apparently they will on sale "soon"
Old 04-05-2006, 02:10 PM
10th Gear

I'm also in DC - Live in VA, work downtown - drive HOV each morning the 50 miles and get $.45 per mile each way.

I know what you guys mean about luxury cars - Followed a Maserati all the way out 66 a few weeks ago.

Can't wait for Acurazine stickers.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Riu
2004 TL

Come to Nassau County Long Island and you will see to many.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Riu
Come to Nassau County Long Island and you will see to many.
True Story!
Old 04-05-2006, 02:42 PM
1/2 of an Idiot Savant

Renfronicks...I am in Herndon also. Nuts, I bet your the other red TL!
Old 04-05-2006, 02:43 PM
FIGHTING ILLINI

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't agree more, I live in bay area but have been in No. VA for the past few months for work. I haven't ever seen such a high concentration of TLs!! They are almost more common than Accords
Old 04-05-2006, 06:04 PM
Intermediate

=)
When I see Anthracite/Black/White TL's I cringe and I think, "Man, that would be so hot if it wasn't like every other TL on the road."
Old 04-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by KevinDGP
When I see Anthracite/Black/White TL's I cringe and I think, "Man, that would be so hot if it wasn't like every other TL on the road."
yeah theres a REASON most of us have a white/black/anthracite TL.
It looks good.

Also a reason Acura gave the CHOP to the DGP. It wasnt selling.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:46 AM
Racer

I don't see many TL's in this area and I think it's great, because when you do see one, it's like WOW! However, if there are a lot of of TL's they lose there WOW appeal and would also think it hurts their value as there are so many to be had. One of the things that attracts me to the TL is the fact that you don't see alot of them and I prefer to be one of the few. I veered away from the accord because"everybody" drives an accord.
Problem is, I have to wait til the end of the year to buy it and that is driving me nuts!!!
Old 04-06-2006, 12:59 AM
Riu
2004 TL

They are more common than Accords in Nassau
Old 04-06-2006, 04:43 AM
B A N N E D

yeah i had it but removed it 'cause it looked gay
Old 04-06-2006, 04:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Fewer SUV’s than I am used to seeing in Cali.
Aint that the truth.. here in Oregon.. its either a VW Bus or some monstrous F-350 diesel thats been lifted 2 feet complete with a rope ladder
Old 04-06-2006, 06:01 AM
Intermediate

It looks good.

I'm not saying they don't look good, but that there are millions of them. I considered all three of those colors, but chose DGP because:

I like it! Even some posters on other threads who have colors other than DGP have said they thought DGP was the best color when clean.

White: I would never have been able to get over the mismatched bumpers.
Black: Too hard to keep clean.
Anthracite: Loved them at first, but they're so routine now that they don't do a thing for me.

I'm glad you're pleased with your color choice. I'm pleased with mine also.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:07 AM
How may I help you.....?

It looks good.

No seriously.. Its good that there are conformists out there in the world... That way they are all safe and sound in the knowledge that no-one can single them out since they look like everyone else.... It allows for the non-conformists to stand out and be recognized...
Old 04-06-2006, 07:47 AM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by KevinDGP
I'm not saying they don't look good, but that there are millions of them. I considered all three of those colors, but chose DGP because:

I like it! Even some posters on other threads who have colors other than DGP have said they thought DGP was the best color when clean.

White: I would never have been able to get over the mismatched bumpers.
Black: Too hard to keep clean.
Anthracite: Loved them at first, but they're so routine now that they don't do a thing for me.

I'm glad you're pleased with your color choice. I'm pleased with mine also.
No one in this area has an ASPEC Anthracite that Ive seen. I decided to get Anthracite and mod it because I loved the color but I HATE being like everyone else. So this way, I have a unique car that no one else does and its relatively easy to keep clean. Also, Im not a fan of the pearl colors so AM was the choice for me. I had three choices when I bought it....Blue with Camel, Black on Black or Anthracite Quartz. Camel looks like a pumpkin to me, Black is way too hard to keep looking nice so AM it was.

I like having a unique car. Im not even sure anyone in this forum has the same set up as I do, and thats pretty rare =)
Old 04-06-2006, 07:48 AM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by jmbnova
No seriously.. Its good that there are conformists out there in the world... That way they are all safe and sound in the knowledge that no-one can single them out since they look like everyone else.... It allows for the non-conformists to stand out and be recognized...
Conformists would have left it stock to be "one of the group" they were trying to conform to...but I couldnt have THAT now could I?

Modded modded modded and more to come.

Didnt you do the Rockblocker kit? Wanna do mine? or show me where to get it done?
Old 04-06-2006, 07:56 AM
How may I help you.....?

Conformists would have left it stock to be "one of the group" they were trying to conform to...but I couldnt have THAT now could I?

Modded modded modded and more to come.

Didnt you do the Rockblocker kit? Wanna do mine? or show me where to get it done?
xtin.... I wasnt directing that AT you... I have only ever seen one ASPEC Anthracite in this area so I know you are not on the bandwagon.... merely making a statement.....
If you need help with the RockBlocker, just let me know.... It only takes a couple of hours max for the sides, rear and fronts.... oh and a hairdryer.... DO NOT PAY ANYONE... it is way to easy to waste your money having someone else do it....
But I close on my house Tuesday so I may be a little hectic for awhile.... had to postpone the ASPEC kit on my TL for the new home theater setup for the new house... next month though.... WOOHOO lookout

Quick Reply: D.C. is TL town merged with WOW! so many TLs in Washington DC