3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Curious: For how many did that tire worksheet help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 04:05 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curious: For how many did that tire worksheet help?

I must have sent out at least 40 copies of the tire replacement worksheet to people last week.

How many of you were provided assistance by the dealer when you showed them that worksheet (esp if they had previously claimed ignorance?) Just wondering how dealers are responding to some solid proof of a sanctioned tire replacement program (albeit one that is on a case-by-case basis).
Old 03-22-2004, 04:15 PM
Racer

Re: Curious: For how many did that tire worksheet help?

Originally posted by Lore
I must have sent out at least 40 copies of the tire replacement worksheet to people last week.

How many of you were provided assistance by the dealer when you showed them that worksheet (esp if they had previously claimed ignorance?) Just wondering how dealers are responding to some solid proof of a sanctioned tire replacement program (albeit one that is on a case-by-case basis).
Hi Lore
I didnt see that work sheet. Please send me it? Thanks
Nicki
Old 03-22-2004, 04:33 PM
Pro

Re: Curious: For how many did that tire worksheet help?

Originally posted by Lore

]

I'm planning to show it to my service rep tomorrow, when I pick up my car from various repairs. My problem is that I've swapped the EL42s for Falkens at my own expense. I still have the crap EL42s in my garage and would love to swap them for a brand-spanking-new set that I can sell on E-bay.

I'll post the outcome here.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Pro

I plan on showing him the sheet when I'm at the dealership next time. Thanks again for sending me the file.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:42 PM
Pro

I asked you for the sheet but never received it.

I was at Acura today and spoke with the district rep. My tires are due to be replaced in two weeks or so when the new bridgestones arrive.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:47 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

apwalsh:

Really? Unless the individual did not send me their email address in their initial correspondence, I sent it to everyone on the list. I sent replies asking for email addresses back to the people that did not send it to me the first time.

What is your email address? I will check my sent messages list and would be happy to forward you the document.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:52 PM
Pro

Sorry, I did get a pm asking for e-mail addy. I thought that I would get an e-mail advising that I had a new PM to look at. Apparently not!

However, I do not require the document any longer. My problem has pretty much been resolved without any hassle.

Thanks again
Old 03-22-2004, 08:14 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Curious: For how many did that tire worksheet help?

Originally posted by Modeler
]

I'm planning to show it to my service rep tomorrow, when I pick up my car from various repairs. My problem is that I've swapped the EL42s for Falkens at my own expense. I still have the crap EL42s in my garage and would love to swap them for a brand-spanking-new set that I can sell on E-bay.

I'll post the outcome here.
I'm in the same boat with new Michelins. My dealer as well as Acura both say "NO WAY" unless I remount the original tires, take the car to the dealer and leave it overnight or longer, then they must determine there's flatspotting, then they'll mount new EL42s on the car, then I can remount my Michelins. There's no way I'm going to have my wheels messed up by all those mount/dismount/balance cycles! The dealer has said "no way" to just a tire for tire exchange. Not fair, in my opinion, considering it was Acura's fault they put bad tires on the car (lack of cold weather testing?), not my fault. And they had no exchange program when my tires were bad.

Let us know the outcome. Even PM me if you remember, especially if you get a reasonable settlement.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:15 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

For those of you that contacted your dealers today, any response (negative or positive)?
Old 03-23-2004, 08:01 PM
10th Gear

It will be next week at the earliest before I can talk to my dealer.