Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crashed my 04 acura tl a-spec

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 03:26 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Crashed my 04 acura tl a-spec

I was driving early Saturday morning like around 2:40am and i was about 3 minutes away from home when the three lanes on my side were turning into 2 because of construction up ahead, there was another vehicle about 1 car length ahead but on the right lane......i saw him suddenly swirve more to the right and i was like wtf...there was one of those barricades on the ground (the ones with the yellow blinking lights....i swirved to my right cause my car is on comptech springs and i didnt want to get that sign caught under my car and i guess i swirved to far to quickly and i hit one of the lighted up signs with the arrows blinking on top....but instead of pressing the breaks i had my foot on the accelerator and when i hit i panicked and pushed the accelerator hard and i suddenly lost control and then my car just stopped in the middle of the road......i still had my foot on the accelerator and i was in shock.....i've never been in a accident....i got off and i saw my car and i looked back and saw the sign i hit was on the leaning towards the oncoming traffic.....i tried to point and wave at cars telling them that there was a sign on the road when suddenly this truck going kinda fast ignored me and hit the sign head on.....i started walking towards the truck and then i saw him back up and i yelled "hey" and they took off. i called 911 and i was on hold and then they answered and i told them i needed help. i then called my dad which lived around the block and he got there at the same time as the cops.......the first thing they asked was if i was speeding....i told him really calm that i wasnt...he said that the skid marks showed that i was going about 90kmph, i let him know what happend. i didnt even press the brakes at all, there was only one skid mark from the tire that i had bent. They just called a tow truck and the company that owns the barricades and thats it.....i asked if i could have the car towed to my dads which was around the block and he said yes...i asked if i should call my insurance now or later and he said it takes about 2 weeks for them to put in the report , he gave me a paper with the report number and thats it. i'm calling the insurance tommorow morning to let them know what happend.....i'm just hoping i dont have to end up paying for the barricade cause it was a complete accident....i'm really nervous cause i really never been in a problem like this....i have a clean driving record, no tickets no nothing......should i get a lawyer or what should i do?? i really need some advice on this......please.

heres some pics....

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/IMG_0129.jpg
http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/o...aks/photo5.jpg
http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/o...aks/photo3.jpg
http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/o...aks/photo2.jpg
Old 04-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
It happens, that's what insurance is for, to protect you and pay for damages. The insurance will pay for the damaged equipment and I assume you have collision on your car, so they will pay for the cost to fix minus the deductible. No ticket, no fine. It would be just your word that there was a barricade on the ground, but even that doesn't relieve you of the responsibility as they could say you, or the car just before you hit the barricade.

Got to stay calm and learn what to do in a panic situation. Just think, by hitting the gas pedal, there could have been people in the area and you wouldn't have been able to stop. The ability to think quickly in a given situation will come with time and various driving experiences.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:16 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
since it was late... you were probably feeling tired which is one of the leading casues of such accidents...

insurance will cover all of the damages as mentioned above... it would be in your best interest to pick a reputable shop that will take care of all of the repairs.... since there is suspension damage when you review the adjuster's paperwork make sure an alignment is included in that statement, you will also need that wheel replaced, make sure the body shop gets a new one from the dealer NOT A REFINISHED wheel since the color wont match

good luck hop this helps
Old 04-26-2009, 04:23 PM
10th Gear

Hi turbonut,

I really appreciate you taking your time to comment back.
I just hope everything turns out good.
I'm just glad nobody got hurt.
Cars and signs are replaceable but a life ain't.

I will post what happens tomorrow with the insurance.

Thanks again.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:25 PM
10th Gear

hey stillhere153,

I'm not gunna lie and say I wasn't tired. It was pretty late.
I just wish i would have took my chances and hit the fallen barricade other than hitting the bigger one...but i guess you never know whats gunna happen.....
Old 04-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Advanced

That's what insurance is for. If there is damage to the state owned property then your insurance compnay will pay for it. Looks like there is about $4k in damage to your car.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by DJTRAKS
hey stillhere153,

I'm not gunna lie and say I wasn't tired. It was pretty late.
I just wish i would have took my chances and hit the fallen barricade other than hitting the bigger one...but i guess you never know whats gunna happen.....
The important thing is that you didn't sustain any serious injuries. And at least your car is still repairable.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:00 PM
10th Gear

Thanks for the reply liquidlunch,
Lets see what happens tomorrow...
Old 04-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Glad you're ok -- a good body shop will take care of that damage, insurance will take care of the costs -- no worries
Old 04-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
its good to see that you got out okay, cars can be replaced but a life can't. Insurance will cover it and you'll have your TL running again. Reguarding the rim, it looks like you have an 04 gunmetal 18x8.5 inch rim which are pretty rare. If it's not bent and you can't find another one, try to leave it alone, if it really bothers you have 2 rims refinished so at least they match on one side of the car.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 435 Likes on 320 Posts
^exactly.

Your insurance may sky-rocket if you're young, but don't worry. Experience goes a long way, especially when driving.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:19 PM
10th Gear

Ouch Man!!! Don't worry, insurance will cover it. Good thing is that you are ok.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:15 PM
10th Gear

Well i just got done talking to the adjuster, she took pictures of the car all around and she said that from her point of view the car is a total loss. She said the reason is because the way the point of impact is it need a lot of work. I asked her if i was able to take my exhaust (comptech) off and put the stock one on and she said yes, as long as i put the stock parts on. She also said i could change the wheels and take off the aem intake as long as the car looks stock. Now I'm going to have extra parts to sell cause I wont be getting another tl for awhile.......do you guys think it is worth it taking the parts off or should i just let them take it??
Old 04-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
uhm i hate to be the one to break bad news, but your a pillar is damaged. most insurance companys will total a car if the a pillar is damaged. at least all the ones i have seen. if they do just get the money buy back the car and fix it up.