Sponsored by:

COPS can be b*tches

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Timmahh
jmbnova
my aunt is not a loser, nor a power hungry control freak.

if I had to pull your ass over for something stupid that you know is wrong i'm going to be pissed right off the bat, especially knowing that everytime I pull someone over I risk being shot in the face by an idiot who should have killed him or herself years ago.

Also, the tazer videos are fricking hilarious and with the exception of the John Kerry college thing I have yet to see someone who did NOT deserve it. I think they should use it more - it shuts you the hell up and makes you comply; compliance is what the cop wanted in the first place.
You probably don't know the side of your aunt others do... Heck there's people sleeping next to people every night that don't don't know the other one was banging someone else.

That's just my point.... A HUGE number of cops try and start shit because they spilled DD latte down their shirt on a bump earlier that day. I lead a life just fine with everyone else, I don't need to randomly stop people who clearly are no harm to me and try to provoke them.

This use of force shit in the name of SAFETY is really overrated... Seriously, you make it sound as if I shouldn't leave my house ever again for fear of being mugged or killed or worse.

Tazers are just high tech billy clubs... Cops have been abusing citizens for years. Again look at other countries and then look at some of these cases... SERIOUSLY did I hear the cops in California bloodied an elderly lady and took her away in handcuffs because her vacation home's lawn was depleted?
Old 09-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have watched in dismay over the past few weeks some serious threads directed towards the police. I have seen words such as "assholes", bitches", and even "I hate cops".
Some common denominators:
>All the OP's are between the ages of 17 and 21
>All claim to have been "gentlemen", and have no idea why the cops had an attitude towards them. The OP's certainly did not.
>Nearly all of the infractions occured in the very early morning hours when the police are on their highest alert.
>Nearly all of the OP's had some form of illegal item added to their car, or an item was not installed that should have.
>If someone says a disparaging remark as to why a 17 year old should own a $35,000+ car, they are threatened or banned. While if someone criticizes one's honorable profession such as law enforcement, it is overlooked.
These children who have such strong feelings towards authoritative figures are going to have much more difficult hurdles in the next few years that they do not yet see. Let's get this forum to a higher level!
Old 09-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by WDPts
ok heres the story...

im a new owner/member to the acura TL family and i've been lurking around here the past 2-3 weeks or so since i purchased my car. Well i've been in threads looking at how members have their front license plate frames off and i decided 'hey that looks so much more better'. Since i have no plates yet because i just purchased my car, the dealership will be sending me the plates so therefor i took off my frames for the front because it looks a lot better...Well today while leaving class, I pulled onto the street and started my way home. Some a**hole cop decides to pull me over and tells me "Son, you don't have your front license plates" then i said "uhh, i dont have my plates but i have my registration form on the window officer" then he says to me "it doesnt matter, you should have the plate frames on the front"...and thats not the end of it, the cop looks at my car THEN he said " is your car lowered?" im now im thinking this cop is gonna be a real as*hole and will try to find anything on me, but luckily my car is about 1-2 weeks old and theirs nothing he can put on me. After he nagged me for about 30-45 minutes, he decides to let me go and says to me "Ok son, make sure you take care of that once you get your plates, i dont want to have to pull you over again for this"...

WOW!!!! has anyone ever experienced anything like this before? i mean goddamn! i was late to work because of that A**HOLE...
OK now I am no fan of a**hole cops, but lets see you are not legally compliant and he is pointing that out. A real bitchy cop woudl have written you up and woudl care less. So all in all you made out decent. And my guess is he didn;t see your rear tag in the window and was already pulling you over when he did, he was not about to come up to you and so opps, sorry have a nice day.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:40 PM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Originally Posted by S PAW 1
I have watched in dismay over the past few weeks some serious threads directed towards the police. I have seen words such as "assholes", bitches", and even "I hate cops".
>All claim to have been "gentlemen", and have no idea why the cops had an attitude towards them. The OP's certainly did not.
>Nearly all of the infractions occured in the very early morning hours when the police are on their highest alert.
>Nearly all of the OP's had some form of illegal item added to their car, or an item was not installed that should have.
>If someone says a disparaging remark as to why a 17 year old should own a $35,000+ car, they are threatened or banned. While if someone criticizes one's honorable profession such as law enforcement, it is overlooked.
These children who have such strong feelings towards authoritative figures are going to have much more difficult hurdles in the next few years that they do not yet see. Let's get this forum to a higher level!
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

I'm DEFINITELY WITH THIS PARTICULAR STUPID!!!! I'm not with all above stupids, but I am definitely with THIS sTUPID!

Good observations!!!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Let's get this forum to a higher level!
If by getting to a "higher level" you mean ignoring the problem, then I'd have to respectfully disagree. I guess I fall into your problem age group but I refuse to ignore the problem of bad cops. (they do exist)
Old 09-26-2007, 02:41 AM
tl newb

i hope we dont run into that

our front plate bracket catches the driveway and comes off every time we leave so i jsut took the damn thing off and roll no front plate

looks better for sure
Old 09-26-2007, 03:02 AM
Instructor

im glad you feel that way towards us young people driving the 3G TL but you should read more about what i have to say towards cops then maybe you wouldnt feel that way. I have no hate towards cops or their profession, just like everyone else that you meet along that long road you call life, you meet some good ones and bad ones. I just happened to run into a bad one that was pretty damn bored out of his mind to make me late for work.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:21 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
.... you should read more about what i have to say towards cops then maybe you wouldnt feel that way. I have no hate towards cops or their profession .... .

OK. Lets read up on that:

COPS can be b*tches

Some a**hole cop decides to pull me over ....

.... im thinking this cop is gonna be a real as*hole ....

i was late to work because of that A**HOLE...

.... ...the cop was an asshole, believe it or not.

... I have no idea WTF he was doing .... waiting for his dumbass to get out of the car. ....

.... the a**hole .... the cop was an A**HOLE ....

.... cops out there who find joy .... messing with YOUNG people with nice cars
.... Cops abuse their power and take advantage of people for fun ....

Gee, you're right. It should be obvious to anyone that you respect the law enforcement profession.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Instructor

im glad you pointed all the negative stuff i had to say but obviously you missed all the other stuff i had to say.

i have no hate towards cops, an individual does not mean i hate them all. Quit assuming young people hate cops because that is stupid. The law is the law. Their are bad cops and good cops and if you don't believe that then hey good for you!
Old 09-26-2007, 03:55 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
time to close the thread
Old 09-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Burning Brakes

im glad you pointed all the negative stuff i had to say but obviously you missed all the other stuff i had to say.

i have no hate towards cops, an individual does not mean i hate them all. Quit assuming young people hate cops because that is stupid. The law is the law. Their are bad cops and good cops and if you don't believe that then hey good for you!
Allright then, why don't you point out all of the positive stuff that was missed?
I'm glad you don't hate cops, or other figures of authority within your life. Facts are facts, and maybe you should think twice about posting what you don't really mean. We all probably have had those moments.....but once it's put into print, it is hard to retract. My point is that there have been several posts lately (not just yours) that are directed towards the police that use some strong language. We may not always agree with the legal system, but you DO have to live with it.
Chill out... I wish you the best of succes in your future.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:50 PM
Instructor

I agree with the law and its something that WE have to live with. I was just sharing my BAD experience with A cop(individual) and i was just expressing how i felt towards the officer and not the other law enforcers. The age group you pointed out (17-21) I may have to agree with that, a lot of young people do like to live in the fast lane but truth be told, i feel like an old man when i drive the TL. Im not saying that its a bad thing, i just like to drive and relax and just like any other normal people around here, their are times when i have the need for speed. I will stick by my words and mean what i say, and its just that you are pointing out all the negative things i had to say about an individual and making me look like the type of guy who thinks that he's above the law and has a lot of hatred towards it.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:11 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hmmm...a good, clean, dragged out slugfest...wherever shall I start?

If the generalization rule of not labeling every cop a bad cop applies, then so does the 17-21 yr old rule apply, of not every 17-21 yr old being immature or irresponsible. If you actually live in this country and still think there are no cops that will just pull you over for no reason other than the kind of car you drive and your young age, or for that matter just cuz it's Saturday night and they are bored - then you are in for a rude awakening. It may not be your best friend the cop, your relative the cop, or neighbor the cop, but there are cops like that out there. There is no need to attack people who give their opinion on this forum and criticize their age vs your seeming omniscience. You were not there, NONE of you, so you have no idea of what actually happened to him. There are plenty of good cops in this country, ones who operate on merit and preservation of the peace, as well as upholding the law, which they themselves do not think they are above.
But there are also cops out there who manipulate the law, stretch it, and wrong the very people they are sworn to protect. This has been done so much that in some parts of the nation, it is no longer considered an abberation. It's an everyday thing, a way of the street. Broad stereotyping and racial profiling are tools they use to do their job. Are there incidences which make the police feel these methods are necessary? Yes. But that doesn't make it right. You just can't violate a person's civil rights on a whim. Osama or not! I'm aware of the broad scope of power given in the provisions of the Homeland Security Act, but they were also modified since that time. Having said all of that, use common sense people.

Good cop/Bad cop:

1) You know there are cops out there with their own agenda. So if you break the rules, ANY of the rules, you just gave them the opening they needed. If you are going to be out late at night riding around without a front plate or any other violation, in minimal traffic, then you know it is easy to pick you out and pull you over.

2) You can't get mad at a cop if you know you are wrong. Plain and simple. If you piss them off with body language, or improper responses, then you are asking for whatever comes next. It may be wrong for it to come next - but you opened the door - you feel me? Very few witnesses at 2am.

3) Cops are human. They know there are vermin in the form of the people they are sworn to protect out there, and some are afraid of what might happen next just like you. They lay their life on the line (in their mind) every time they say "License & Registration". They may have had a bad day, and you set them off or they were upset already. They are human. Don't you want a break if you were doing 50 in a 25? So, give them one and curtail the attitude.

17-21:

On this site, some of you get a kick out of ganging up on the teens or early twenties guys. Like there is a section here which says that you are smarter or know more because you are older, so therefore, they should kneel to you and give in to your vast knowledgebase because no way have they lived long enough to know more than you. Like a rite of passage...WRONG! There are idiot 40 somethings, 30 somethings, and so forth. There are also idiot 20 somethings - BUT THERE IS NO ONE SIZE FITS ALL. Just because a guy is younger you trounce him. As if it makes you feel better. Mods try to stop it when it happens, but take some responsibility for self and "police", excuse the pun, your own words and behavior.

There are a lot of young guys who work, live and drive respectably. They get done in by others out at dealerships, cops, and in the world, and then come here for solace or guidance and you guys set it off like "new meat" for the grinding! Just help them out man! If a young guy is going the wrong way, it's easier to reach him if you try to help him correct his predicament and treat him with respect, than to lay into him. Not everyone does it, but you know who you are. I laugh and joke with everyone, ya'll know me - young and old alike, but I don't put down youth or old for any predetermined reason. The young people you ridicule on here are the future. Future drivers who may have attitudes, future lawyers, future everything. Wanna shape the future, grab an ear the right way. Man, it may sound corny, but you just never know. May come back to you in a good way. Any guy who PM's me and asks for my help gets it if I got it to give. Young or old. If it's a dumb thing he's asking, you ain't his father or mother, - don't berate him/her! Just give him the right tools, or leave him alone. You don't have to answer every post.

Ok, I'm done...if nothing else...man, it's a public forum. People can say what they want dumb or not. Don't like it - ignore it. Click to something else. Plain and simple. We have mods to clean up the mess. We don't need wannabe mods as well.

I'm tired of typing. Ya'll get the point.

Peace!