Sponsored by:

COPS can be b*tches

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry COPS can be b*tches

ok heres the story...

im a new owner/member to the acura TL family and i've been lurking around here the past 2-3 weeks or so since i purchased my car. Well i've been in threads looking at how members have their front license plate frames off and i decided 'hey that looks so much more better'. Since i have no plates yet because i just purchased my car, the dealership will be sending me the plates so therefor i took off my frames for the front because it looks a lot better...Well today while leaving class, I pulled onto the street and started my way home. Some a**hole cop decides to pull me over and tells me "Son, you don't have your front license plates" then i said "uhh, i dont have my plates but i have my registration form on the window officer" then he says to me "it doesnt matter, you should have the plate frames on the front"...and thats not the end of it, the cop looks at my car THEN he said " is your car lowered?" im now im thinking this cop is gonna be a real as*hole and will try to find anything on me, but luckily my car is about 1-2 weeks old and theirs nothing he can put on me. After he nagged me for about 30-45 minutes, he decides to let me go and says to me "Ok son, make sure you take care of that once you get your plates, i dont want to have to pull you over again for this"...

WOW!!!! has anyone ever experienced anything like this before? i mean goddamn! i was late to work because of that A**HOLE...
Old 09-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that cop sounds like a fuckin homo
Old 09-24-2007, 08:31 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
No, I haven't had any issues with my front plate removed, I bought the stickers from veneerz that colors the letters of the front logo. I made it match the grill so it looks OEM and cops can't nag because they think its from the factory. I bought the car that way.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:33 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
I understand the reason why he pulled you over which is legit, but it's messed up that you have to have you're bracket up, I mean what's the point in that?
Old 09-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...e+excuses+cops
Old 09-24-2007, 08:35 PM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

well first of all - you don't write what state you live in, so if your state has the LAW that you MUST have front plates...DON'T BITCH that he's pulling you over because you don't have a front plate. Whether you like it or not, THE LAW IS THE LAW.

Second - were you giving the guy an attitude? Hate to say it but if you were pissed off (which it seems like you were), you were probably giving the guy an attitude/being arrogant like most 21 yr olds, and for that reason maybe he decided to start nabbing you on the lowered car. But this really isn't the point...hmmm

Again, I don't know what state you live in, but you obviously don't want the plates since you say "others dont have it and it looks better" BUT each and EVERY one of those TL owners know that if the state requires it like here in NY, THEY CAN AND WILL get pulled over. That's that...

similar to tint, you know what the legal limit is, but you do darker anyway because it looks better, here in NY you will get pulled over if its WAY TOO DARK and they have the right to pull a razor out and REMOVE YOUR TINT IN FRONT OF YOUR VERY EYES...if you don't believe me, look at the law.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Instructor

1st... i dont have my plates yet. So what differences would it make if i had my frames on or off? the cop knew i didnt have my plates. The registration form from the dealership was taped onto my window, he wasnt blind.

2nd...i didnt give the cop any attitude, im a gentlemen.

3rd...i live in california

4th...the cop was an asshole, believe it or not.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:57 PM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,026 Likes on 1,518 Posts
I don't have my front plates on yet, I don't feel like screwing into my brand new front bumper .
Old 09-24-2007, 09:33 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
It's that they expect (require??) a front plate bracket. That don't sound right. You should be able to drill 4-holes and bolt the damn thing on the bumper if want to (like if you had a Cavalier or something, not a TL). As long as it's properly displayed, what's the difference?

If you had your "temp" properly displayed, the whole deal was . Probably had a hard-on for you cause you're driving a TL at 21 and he still can't afford one.

No front tag required here.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
45 minutes is a very long time.

Anytime I was stopped, the yes sir, no sir, yes maam, no maam attitude was always quick.

Sometimes not painless, but never took that long.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Instructor

45minutes was just a time i was guessing, it was around there. I have no idea WTF he was doing honestly. He went back to his car and sat there for about 15 minutes, got up and walked around my car trying to find something on the car that was illegal so he could pin me for it(assuming)...I just sat there patiently waiting for his dumbass to get out of the car. I guess he was bored out of his mind to a point where he was thinking "hey, im gonna go pull that kid over"...AHHH!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 10:34 PM
mio
Police

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WDPts
1st... i dont have my plates yet. So what differences would it make if i had my frames on or off? the cop knew i didnt have my plates. The registration form from the dealership was taped onto my window, he wasnt blind.

For the 4th: yes, i believe.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

man, sorry to hear that..glad i live in NC, no front plate.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:44 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by crazymonkeytl

<insert next useless retarded comment here about someones sexuality please>
Old 09-24-2007, 10:47 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

1) You live in Cali - actual plates or not, the "device" used to hold the plate when it arrives should be there and not removed

2) I think telling the cop that you didn't need it counted as attitude

3) See #1

4) See #2

=/

That's not to say he wasn't being harsh or anything but.. I told a cop flat out I didn't think she had the authority to give me a ticket.. suprise!

Not to imply anything, but you usually don't get pulled over just for the lack of a front plate. Not to imply you were driving like a tard, but something obviously attracted his attention - 1) your driving caught his eye or 2) he was in a bad mood and you were the anger relief
Old 09-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Timmahh
1) You live in Cali - actual plates or not, the "device" used to hold the plate when it arrives should be there and not removed

2) I think telling the cop that you didn't need it counted as attitude

3) See #1

4) See #2

=/

That's not to say he wasn't being harsh or anything but.. I told a cop flat out I didn't think she had the authority to give me a ticket.. suprise!

Not to imply anything, but you usually don't get pulled over just for the lack of a front plate. Not to imply you were driving like a tard, but something obviously attracted his attention - 1) your driving caught his eye or 2) he was in a bad mood and you were the anger relief
i never told the a**hole that i didnt need the frame...second, i barely pulled onto the road from the parking lot. 3rd, the cop was an A**HOLE, sometimes you just gotta realize that their are cops out there who find joy in this type of stuff, messing with YOUNG people with nice cars
Old 09-24-2007, 11:06 PM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Originally Posted by Timmahh
<insert next useless retarded comment here about someones sexuality please>
yeah...let's be respectful of others on this site who may have DIFFERENT sexual orientations than you buddy.

Thanks TiMMAH for pointing that out...seriously bro, grow up
Old 09-24-2007, 11:23 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

i never told the a**hole that i didnt need the frame...second, i barely pulled onto the road from the parking lot. 3rd, the cop was an A**HOLE, sometimes you just gotta realize that their are cops out there who find joy in this type of stuff, messing with YOUNG people with nice cars

My aunt is CHP so I get flack for not having the front plate hehe

Originally Posted by gauravp123
yeah...let's be respectful of others on this site who may have DIFFERENT sexual orientations than you buddy.

Thanks TiMMAH for pointing that out...seriously bro, grow up
Indeed.. not a place to discriminate!
Old 09-24-2007, 11:26 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by crazymonkeytl
As one of the few gay men that I've found posts openly on the TL community, I feel fairly safe that the cop's actions weren't indicative of being a homosexual.

If he had hit on the young man and asked for his phone number and winked, THAT might have been a little bit gay, but not haggling him for not having plates.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mio
For the 4th: yes, i believe.
agreed. It's no secret that there are bad cops out there. Not surprising when you give one human so much more power over another. It's human nature.
The good news is that the new generation is a smarter, more informed one due to the internet. Every other day there will be some story about police misconduct or brutality in the news. Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. Since this thread seems to be so PC i'm gonna refrain from asking what race you are or what race the policeman was
Old 09-24-2007, 11:39 PM
Burning Brakes

this one's not that recent but I found it pretty extreme.. just to add fuel to the fire
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...92117793977759
Old 09-25-2007, 12:11 AM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

read about that one.. asshole should be fired and work as a janitor somewhere
Old 09-25-2007, 01:09 AM
B A N N E D

can be is the wrong verb to use.

ARE, as in cops ARE bitches

cops are racist too. i live in a city of trucks and SUV. they are tinted as hell lights windows, everything. raised like 2 feet and shit with loud exhuast blah blah blah.

its obvious those trucks attract WAYYY more attention thatn are lil rice rockets do. but still u see those trucks drive around everywhere and still have tint as fuck and shit. it pisses me off but i guess you cant blame them. we are a minority living in their country. imagine a white living in mexico, asian, africa...they would discriminate too. so i let them go on that thot.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:15 AM
RIP 06 TL

You probably just got caught by an a--hole cop on a bad day!! I don't have front plates, or any plates, for that matter and have just been told to put them on the last 2 times I got pulled over! I'm in CA too.....
Old 09-25-2007, 01:20 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Originally Posted by Lo Pan
can be is the wrong verb to use.

ARE, as in cops ARE bitches

cops are racist too. i live in a city of trucks and SUV. they are tinted as hell lights windows, everything. raised like 2 feet and shit with loud exhuast blah blah blah.

its obvious those trucks attract WAYYY more attention thatn are lil rice rockets do. but still u see those trucks drive around everywhere and still have tint as fuck and shit. it pisses me off but i guess you cant blame them. we are a minority living in their country. imagine a white living in mexico, asian, africa...they would discriminate too. so i let them go on that thot.
"ARE" is wrong as well. That implies ALL. You need a modifier. SOME cops ARE bitches. And so ARE SOME TL drivers.

Regarding dark tints on SUV's - in *most* states there is no legal limit on rear and back window tint for Trucks, SUV's and Vans. So, maybe, SOME cops ARE bitches and SOME cops ARE doing their job.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:33 AM
WDP Is Faster

OP...where are you located...which area? If your in the bay area..I'm not surprised...a lot of the cops here don't have anything better to do than pull people over for minor fines like no license plate/tinted license plate frame/etc...
Old 09-25-2007, 01:44 AM
Advanced

Rude

Sorry for your experience with cops. I am a cop and just like in every work place there is an idiot that makes the rest look bad. Unfortunatly you ran into the one on duty that day.
You cannot be charged for not having a bracket to display the front plate you don't have yet. I come from a province that required front plates and I just took my chances and kept it off. I'm glad in NS its not required. Also i doesn't matter if your car was lowered or not just as long as its deemed road legal by the Motor Vehicle Act.
That cop was just lookin for anything. You prob would have got off in court with anything he would have given as the time frame of that stop was excessive in regards to what he was stopping you for.... unless of course he saw a gun in your car and then things kinda fall apart from there lol.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:19 AM
Burning Brakes

No attitude, huh?
Gotta have front plates here in Ohio. What else could the troopers spend their time shooting at with their lasers?
Old 09-25-2007, 06:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Originally Posted by TLyoung'un
this one's not that recent but I found it pretty extreme.. just to add fuel to the fire
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...92117793977759
Wow- that was friggin ridiculous.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:00 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by NS-TL
Sorry for your experience with cops. I am a cop and just like in every work place there is an idiot that makes the rest look bad. Unfortunatly you ran into the one on duty that day.
Not trying to berate you, but you're in Canada, you know nothing about cops in the US of A....

ALL COPS in the US are loser, power envy, wannabe control freaks... There isn't a good one out there, there are only SOME that are NICER than others. <<<---- I suspect because they're usually older and probably been through PAID SUSPENSIONS and SENSITIVITY TRAINING a FEW times.

For the record... I rarely have run ins with the MUNICIPAL CONTROL FORCE aka "the cops."

Wanna know how I know this???

Just spend some time online looking through places like youtube.com and the like and watch the recorded incidents between ANYTHING recorded in the UNITED STATES and ANYTHING recorded in any other ADVANCED COUNTRY... Dudes run from cops on their motorcycles across the pond, the cops knock him off the bike, he jumps up and they walk him into the cop car WITHOUT CUFFS! ---- >>> In the US of A, they call out the entire force including dogs and SWAT teams, all them steroid raging control freak cops are on a fuggin MAN HUNT cause some nimrod did a buck-fifty on a sport bike. When they catch the guy they TAZE him mercilessly and then beat the shit out of him... It's no wonder petty thieves, and the such RUN LIKE HELL when the cops get near them.

As mentioned previously, I rarely have trouble with cops and the problems I have had have been if I can call them "legitimate," basically minor speeding, wrong turn, etc... No hard crimes. In those experiences, there were a couple times I could easily tell the cop was TRYING TO RAISE THE SITUATION... I'm too cool though and I eventually regained control believe it or not, I then followed up later with a phone call to the shift supervisor. These guys usually don't want to hear about their guys provoking citizens, the hard-on who pulled me over was seen riding a bike a few weeks later.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:49 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
LOWERED...

Why would the cop ask if the car was lowered? Not like that's against the law is it??
Old 09-25-2007, 09:56 AM
Let's Go Pens

I almost pissed myself listening to this
Old 09-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
I understand the reason why he pulled you over which is legit, but it's messed up that you have to have you're bracket up, I mean what's the point in that?

hey do you have the AVITAR pic of yours any bigger, greatly appreciated
Old 09-25-2007, 11:08 AM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearcat94
"ARE" is wrong as well. That implies ALL. You need a modifier. SOME cops ARE bitches. And so ARE SOME TL drivers.

Regarding dark tints on SUV's - in *most* states there is no legal limit on rear and back window tint for Trucks, SUV's and Vans. So, maybe, SOME cops ARE bitches and SOME cops ARE doing their job.

A mature voice of reason....

Lets face it folks, Cops have a tough job. If everyone had to put up with the crap/clientèle law enforcement personnel are surrounded with daily, we ALL would be "bitches".. Most of us can't even fathom what they take home in their heads every night (if they get to go home)....

Sure their will be some bad apples, but every profession will have that...

Cheers
Old 09-25-2007, 02:23 PM
Advanced

I live on long island in NY and let me tell you, the cops in nassau county (which is one of the highest taxed counties in the nation) don't do diddly. I constantly see squad cars at 7-11's near my house, they sip up the coffee and beat all night. It is my firm belief they are there to bust the taxpayer's balls, and I myself had my nuts thrown in a sling many a time from their ball busting. I have most definatly been pulled over for no front license plate and tints many times back when I had my Trans Am, they purposely look for guys with hot cars to bust their balls. I am always courteous to them but still I give a huge 2 thumbs down to the police , they havn't done anything for me except extort my hard earned dollars for stupid , petty reasons. I am now a TL man and thus far I havn't had troubles, although I have my front plate on , and medium tints , you can still see them to a point at night. So in closing nwa said it best, mother F the PO-lice.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by thedeadmanx
I live on long island in NY and let me tell you, the cops in nassau county (which is one of the highest taxed counties in the nation) don't do diddly. I constantly see squad cars at 7-11's near my house, they sip up the coffee and beat all night. It is my firm belief they are there to bust the taxpayer's balls, and I myself had my nuts thrown in a sling many a time from their ball busting. I have most definatly been pulled over for no front license plate and tints many times back when I had my Trans Am, they purposely look for guys with hot cars to bust their balls. I am always courteous to them but still I give a huge 2 thumbs down to the police , they havn't done anything for me except extort my hard earned dollars for stupid , petty reasons. I am now a TL man and thus far I havn't had troubles, although I have my front plate on , and medium tints , you can still see them to a point at night. So in closing nwa said it best, mother F the PO-lice.

LOL ...i honestly have nothing against cops. They're only human, people are like that cops or not, some are assholes and some are nice. It just makes me mad knowing that Cops abuse their power and take advantage of people for fun or to have a good discussion when they get back into the office.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:52 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearcat94

Word.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:50 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

jmbnova

There are minimum/maximum bumper height allowances in the California

Bearcat94 (just repeating what you said)
Rear windows in California (anything from the B pillar back I suppose) can be as dark as you want but cannot increase reflectivity (mirror tint) or be colored (blue, red, etc.)

Front windows cannot have any film or item added that increases reflectivity OR makes the window darker by any percentage

Privacy glass is considered OEM, not aftermarket, and thus is not restricted to the same laws as aftermarket window tint. So if you car comes with tinted windows upfront from the factory, then that's how it was built and cannot be changed

WDPts
Front plates are required in California; you removed the frame - do you actually have any intention of putting it back on once you get the permanent plates? Most people would guess you don't; and the cop probably thought the same

onsknth
my aunt is not a loser, nor a power hungry control freak.

In regards to viewing videos from other countries.. other countries have respectful people; unfortunately where we live a lot of people could give a fuck and will shoot a cop. That's the difference. They're trained to be ready for anything, and at some point they've probably had to deal with some fucking idiot, so if I had to pull your ass over for something stupid that you know is wrong i'm going to be pissed right off the bat, especially knowing that everytime I pull someone over I risk being shot in the face by an idiot who should have killed him or herself years ago.

Also, the tazer videos are fricking hilarious and with the exception of the John Kerry college thing I have yet to see someone who did NOT deserve it. I think they should use it more - it shuts you the hell up and makes you comply; compliance is what the cop wanted in the first place.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Instructor

Yes, i actually did have intentions on putting them on once i get my plates, i know how cops are in california so i wouldnt dare take that chance. I wouldnt blame the cop for that reason but you should of seen what he did. He walked around my car to find something to put on me so he could write me a ticket. Why the hell would he think my car is lowered? the thing is so damn big and high. Its hard for you to swallow it but believe it or not, the cop was a jackass.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:31 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

I completely understand there are jackass cops; im not debating that with you - but he doesn't know what your intentions are (it's a $10 fix it ticket by the way).

I'm not doubting the guy was a jackass in your case; it's just annoying when people generalize

On a side note.. the car looks so much better without the plate!

Quick Reply: COPS can be b*tches