Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color Question regarding DGP

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 08:43 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Color Question regarding DGP

I have been cruising this site for some time now, attempting to determine the best replacement for my 148k '96 328is, which regetably is now beginnning to show it's age and causing me to seek a new toy. I have narrowed my choice down to the TL, as I love the interior and think the car's exterior just looks "right" from almost any and every angle. The driving dynamics of the TL are 9 tenths of what I have experienced in the Bimmer.

What I now must do is try to choose a color. I like the Anthracite, but I would like to see the DGP in person, but since my dealer told me they never order this color as one of their monthly allotment choices, I'd rather not have to travel over 100 miles to see it in person in another dealer's inventory. I'm left with the tiny-ass color chips from the brochure and the pics of DGP from the picture gallery. My question is for the DGP owners and anyone out there who may know, is the DGP very dark. like a black in low light situations? Or, is it a true green like I believe I noticed in BorisTL's vivid picture post for this color?? I prefer the color as depicted in the "Boris" picture post, but aside from thinking it lame (it is), for not having any DGP examples in the inventory at my dealer, what is your opinion of the true color of the DGP ??? Can anyone out there in TL Land advise me on this ?? Road Rage, I believe I saw you own a DGP/Camel ... any thoughts ???? Thx !
Old 12-20-2004, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
Here’s some pics. Better than nothing.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:32 PM
7th Gear

Thanks... I recall seeing these pics in an earlier search, these pics look nice, but you can probably understand my problem in possibly having to order a color that I have never seen in person, I just don't want to do that based on the obvious chance I might not like the color as much in-person... As a general rule, I like green cars, but they tend to vary so much in color that it makes it very diffficult to judge the hue when you're not doing this in person. I will possibly just wait to see if I can convince the dealer to place an order for one with the option to decline, based on their "non-green friendly" policies ! thanks for your time, I still think the TL is stunning in all of the colors I've seen so far !
Old 12-20-2004, 09:36 PM
2nd Gear

We have a DGP/Parchement and none of the pictures I've seen posted to the colour justice. It's really a deep green pearl, almost a British Racing Green, but updated. And the colour of the car truly depends on the light. Sometimes it definately green, sometimes it may have a green cast, sometimes a black, and everyonce in a while I think I see a hint of purple. If you are looking for something different, go for it, it always turns heads.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:06 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dmicales
We have a DGP/Parchement and none of the pictures I've seen posted to the colour justice. It's really a deep green pearl, almost a British Racing Green, but updated. And the colour of the car truly depends on the light. Sometimes it definately green, sometimes it may have a green cast, sometimes a black, and everyonce in a while I think I see a hint of purple. If you are looking for something different, go for it, it always turns heads.

I was going to buy an antracite with ebony interior until I saw the DGP with parchment... It can appear to be gray at times but when the sun is shining the green really stands out. much less common and if you like being somewhat unique, considering the popularity of the TL, it may be a good choice.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:53 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Try these photos, may give you a better idea. I saw one in person last week. It was gorgeous. Like the above poster stated kind of looks like it has a little gray or brown in it. I would call it more medium than dark. Very impressive and unique, almost as nice as my ABP/Quartz. Photos are tough though.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/650718
Old 12-21-2004, 08:11 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Click on the links in my signature below. This color is not impossible to get, but if you want it with NAV, especially with a 6-speed, it probably has to be ordered. This dealer is dumb if he doesn't have at least 1 of each color on hand. I can't believe they couldn't sell one if they had it.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:12 AM
Instructor

Saw my DGP in the dealer's lot from the freeway. I said to my wife that is the color that I want. Love the color except now it is a salty from the lovely weather we are having in Cleveland. To descripe the color-I would have to say that is a dark green but depending on the light it can look gray at times. My son had a 1999 Mustang that was kind of close to the color it was called surfside green or something like that. If you are familiar with the Bullit color of the special edition Mustang a few years ago it DGP is similar buy lighter. I can't believe your dealer can't sell a color like this.