Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

climate control and memory settings

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 11:00 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
climate control and memory settings

How do I make the TL remember that I want the A/C to be off?

It remembers my temperature setting, but it always has the A/C on. I don't want the A/C on with the fall/winter coming on.

THanx.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:11 PM
Administrator

Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts
Press the little button with A/C on it, and watch the display change from A/C ON to A/C OFF. It will stay that way until someone uses the other key fob and the A/C was on when they last exited the car.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:35 PM
Instructor

Thanx Ron. I tried that but it doesn't seem to work.Maybe I'm not doing something right.

Here's my typical daily procedure.

#0. Let's say I've been driving with temp set to 70F, A/C set to OFF.
#1. When I return from work, while the key is in ignition and gear is in Park, I switch the climate control OFF and then turn the ignition OFF.
#2. Next day in the morning on the way to work, after I turn the ignition ON, I press the AUTO button to turn climate control on. This sets the temp to 70F, but no display for A/C (which I presume means A/C is ON).Then I switch OFF the A/C and drive.

So, does AUTO mean that A/C will be turned ON? AUTO does remember my temp setting but not A/C setting. Is that the expected behavior?

THanx.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:44 PM
Advanced

Yeah, I think your problem is you pressed Climate Control OFF, instead of just leaving it at the setting. There's really no need to turn it off, doesn't save any gas or anything. I leave my temp set to 69-71F with AC off, and just let it control itself, that's what it's suppose to do. Auto always means auto climate control w/ the ac used at will when necessary, there's no Econ mode like I had on my old Infiniti which tells the car to not use the A/C compressor. My recommendation is just leave it running when you park and don't bother ever hitting the OFF button, walk away and it will be fine.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:49 PM
Instructor

Thanx PuffyY. Coming from '96 Accord ... Old habits die hard.

THanx.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PuffyY
Yeah, I think your problem is you pressed Climate Control OFF, instead of just leaving it at the setting. There's really no need to turn it off, doesn't save any gas or anything. I leave my temp set to 69-71F with AC off, and just let it control itself, that's what it's suppose to do. Auto always means auto climate control w/ the ac used at will when necessary, there's no Econ mode like I had on my old Infiniti which tells the car to not use the A/C compressor. My recommendation is just leave it running when you park and don't bother ever hitting the OFF button, walk away and it will be fine.
i notice on AUTO mode all temps except for "Hi" has the ac compressor come on.

and one gripe i have about the climate control (auto or not) is that if i have it on heat temps and the car is cold the fan still comes on (on high too if it's on AUTO). i don't know why it decides to blow cold air while car is cold even though i want heat.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:42 AM
ITL
I do my own work.

Originally Posted by tomhanx
Thanx PuffyY. Coming from '96 Accord ... Old habits die hard.

THanx.

I can second that....I miss my '96 EX....It was a fun little car to mod/drive
Old 10-26-2004, 11:51 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by cvajs
i notice on AUTO mode all temps except for "Hi" has the ac compressor come on.

and one gripe i have about the climate control (auto or not) is that if i have it on heat temps and the car is cold the fan still comes on (on high too if it's on AUTO). i don't know why it decides to blow cold air while car is cold even though i want heat.

I haven't noticed that behavior, since I always have my seat warmer on Hi when it's below 55 outside. The climate control seems to be fine, don't blow coldl air like you said. My old Infinit I30 would wait till the car got a little bit warm, then blow onto the leg first and then the windshield. W/ the TL, I don't see the fan direction picture like i have on my two previous cars w/ climate control, so I can't tell easily which fan it's blowing. But since it's not really blowing hard, it's very hard to notice exactly where the wind is going. A side note, the TL seat warmer is quite good, a lot warmer and heats up quicker than my old Infiniti and Mitsubushi 3000GT.